What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (4 Viewers)

Stefon Diggs has the second most air yards in the league through Week 10. 

Diggs is on pace for 163.2 targets in his first season with the Bills, obliterating offseason fears that a low-volume Buffalo passing attack would hinder his fantasy prospects. Only DK Metcalf has more air yards than Diggs even after a down week in that category (Diggs posted 78 air yards against Arizona). Diggs will continue being a high-end WR1 after Buffalo's Week 11 bye week. 

RELATED: 

DK Metcalf

Nov 16, 2020, 9:13 AM ET

Wow. 16 targets..... just traded for him in 0.5 ppr. Sent Beckham and woods, May have overpaid a bit but Allen loves him and he is playing fantastic ball 
You didn't overpay a thing. This man is WR1 in full PPR. Not just a WR1 but the WR1.

I wanted to acquire him this offseason and didn't and am kicking myself because I knew better back then what to do and didn't do it out of fear.

Darn fear. 

rockaction said:
You didn't overpay a thing. This man is WR1 in full PPR. Not just a WR1 but the WR1.

I wanted to acquire him this offseason and didn't and am kicking myself because I knew better back then what to do and didn't do it out of fear.

Darn fear. 
Its always better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done.

I am amazed with how much Diggs has made Allen better. Certainly exceeding my expectations.

Stefon Diggs caught 7-of-9 targets for 39 yards in Buffalo's Week 12 win over the Chargers.

Diggs' two targets in the first half were both negated for penalties (downfield DPI, offensive holding), technically listing him with his first target (and catch) in the third quarter. His usage over the last 30 minutes was strictly underneath or at the line of scrimmage as Josh Allen continued to run for his life from Joey Bosa (career-high three sacks) and get rid of the ball as quickly as possible. Diggs still finished with a team-high nine targets and is now averaging 12.6 in the three games John Brown (calf) has missed this year. Diggs will again rank as a volume-based WR1 with a salivating ceiling in Week 13 against the 49ers.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Stefon Diggs caught 10-of-11 targets for 92 yards in the Bills' Week 13 win over the 49ers.

Diggs is now tied with Keenan Allen for the league lead in catches (90) and went over 1,000 yards for the season in his 12th game. Truly an elite route runner, Diggs was ripping up the Niners' undermanned secondary and took Jason Verrett to school a couple times with some ankle-breakers. The only thing missing for DIggs was a touchdown on a night Josh Allen tossed four of them. Diggs is well on his way to career highs in catches and yards and will be a WR1 next week against the Steelers.

Dec 7, 2020, 11:29 PM ET

I don't get to watch many Bills games, but Diggs was just a joy to watch yesterday. There were a couple times Verrett looked like he was right on Diggs, and just like *that* Diggs had 3 yards of space. He is special at getting open. 

Yahoo! Week 14 care/don't care: Elite WR Stefon Diggs is one of the best fantasy football values of 2020

Elite WR Stefon Diggs lifts the Bills

Shocked to read the word “elite” next to Stefon Diggs’ name? Guess you haven’t been watching the 2020 NFL season. You’re late, but thanks for catching up.

Any way you want to slice it, Diggs has played like an elite NFL wideout, a transcendent talent that alters the course of an offense. By any production measure, he’s been that guy. I’d love one serious film-watcher to point out a part of playing receiver that Diggs doesn’t do at a high-level.

Don’t waste too much time looking. It doesn’t exist.

While the Steelers offense never quite got out of the mud, Buffalo kicked it into four-wheel drive the second they started revolving the attack around Diggs. It makes sense for a fully developed quarterback to lock in on his top wideout who is, quite literally, always open. Even against a defense that’s been one of the best all year, nothing could stop Diggs’ domination. It’s been that way all year.

Stefon Diggs Week 14 Roiute Tree breakdown

Diggs secured the NFL lead in catches on Sunday, hitting triple digits for the second time in his career. As the broadcast pointed out, he’s been ultra-consistent. He’s cleared 80 yards and/or scored a touchdown in 11 of 13 games this year. You can make an argument that given his steady play, his week-winning ceiling, and the fact he was insanely taken outside of the top-25 receivers in almost every fantasy draft that Diggs was the best value of 2020.

The Bills probably feel the same way about their No. 1 wide receiver. The Vikings are probably plenty happy with their own emerging star in Justin Jefferson and the extra picks they got back for Diggs. Yet, the Bills would without a doubt make this trade again every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Diggs has been that much of a difference-maker for them. That’s the definition of an elite player.

Stefon Diggs left Week 15 against the Broncos with a foot injury.

Diggs had to be taken to the locker room late in the fourth quarter. He racked up 11 catches for 147 yards on 13 targets before exiting. This was the third straight 10-plus catch game for Diggs and fourth in his last five. There should be an update on Diggs by early next week.

Dec 19, 2020, 7:49 PM ET

So glad I got "stuck" with this guy as my WR1 this year.  I'm just going to pretend I was excited about it on draft day and that it was all part of a master genius strategy. 

Bills coach Sean McDermott said early reports on Stefon Diggs (ankle) "don't seem very worrisome."

Even so, McDermott added that he wants to see Diggs on the practice field Wednesday before jumping to any conclusions. The Bills are still in the thick of the AFC playoff hunt, potentially leaping the Steelers for the No. 2 seed with back-to-back wins and a Pittsburgh loss over the last two games, but Diggs' health ahead of the postseason takes priority. John Brown had his 21-day practice window opened prior to Sunday and could return sooner than expected if Diggs is unable to go in Week 16 against the Patriots.

SOURCE: Heather Prusak on Twitter

Dec 21, 2020, 5:24 PM ET

Bills coach Sean McDermott said Stefon Diggs (foot) will take part in Wednesday's practice.

It's a good sign for Diggs, who left late in Saturday's win. The Bills play on Monday night, so we won't know Diggs' official participation until Buffalo releases their injury report on Thursday. The early signs are Diggs avoided a serious injury.

SOURCE: WGR 550 Buffalo

Dec 23, 2020, 10:20 AM ET

I'll have to add my name in with the chorus being sung here of those who ended up being wrong about Diggs in Buffalo. He was the one player on my squad that I definitely wanted to move coming into this year. I figured that he'd be a high volume, low yardage, rare long TD type of guy going forward. Sometimes it's the move that you don't make... 

Stefon Diggs caught 9-of-11 targets for 145 yards and three touchdowns in the Bills' Week 16 win over the Patriots.

Working against New England's Stephon Gilmore-less secondary, Diggs got off to a frustratingly slow start to this one but had a monster second half with 50-, 18-, and eight-yard touchdowns, catching Josh Allen's second, third, and fourth scores of the night. Diggs has already blown past his previous career highs in catches and yards and is now one off his previous best of nine touchdowns, catching his sixth, seventh, and eighth scores of 2020 on Monday night. Diggs' foot was obviously no issue. With the Bills fighting for the No. 2 seed in the AFC, Diggs should be out there next week against Miami.

Dec 28, 2020, 11:10 PM ET

I'll have to add my name in with the chorus being sung here of those who ended up being wrong about Diggs in Buffalo. He was the one player on my squad that I definitely wanted to move coming into this year. I figured that he'd be a high volume, low yardage, rare long TD type of guy going forward. Sometimes it's the move that you don't make... 
Add my name to the list of people that were wrong about Diggs.  Never considered drafting him and thought he was a WR3 at best.  Our league winner had Diggs.   

Diggs put a dagger through my heart in my oldest re-draft league champ finals game and also caused our dynasty leagues resident villain to come from 30 points behind and win his third championship in a row. Absolutely insufferable. He’s amassed a great roster and deserved his 2peat but this third one really did have an absurdly high level of fortuity to it. 

For both those reasons, I will forever hate Mr Diggs ( until I draft him at good value in a re-draft league next year 😂 )

In the one dynasty league I owned Diggs, I tried to move him for months in the offseason. I just went back and looked, and while I was dumb enough to try and move him, had a few owners who might have been even dumber than me for rejecting. Here is a list of players I offered up Diggs for and was rejected- Evans, McLaurin, 1.3 pick this year, Gibson, future 1st (that would have been 1.3 next year) and future 1st ( that would have been 1.4 next year)  Diggs literally carried me to the league finals and had I of made a better decision at the flex spot I would have won the league. This guy proved a ton of people wrong. Congrats to all those smart enough to see this coming! Wish I had more shares! 

Add my name to the list of people that were wrong about Diggs.  Never considered drafting him and thought he was a WR3 at best.  Our league winner had Diggs.   
Same here.  Avoided him like the plague in my redrafts.  Of course, I made the finals and lost to a owner with Diggs AND Allen.  Was up 28 going into MNF, ended up losing by 42.

Stefon Diggs caught 7-of-8 targets for 76 yards in the Bills' Week 17 win over the Dolphins.

Diggs' day was limited to just two quarters, as the Bills rested their best offensive pieces in the second half after taking a 28-6 lead at halftime. It is a testament to the team's offensive momentum that they were able to play their starters for only one half and comfortably win the contest against a team that could have locked in a playoff birth with a victory. Many question Diggs' fit with Josh Allen after last spring's trade. The regular season results speak for themselves, with Diggs securing 127 catches for 1,535 yards and eight touchdowns. He remains one of the best players in the league at his position, and helped transformed the Bills offense into a juggernaut.

- Rotoworld

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Stefon Diggs (questionable, oblique) will play in Saturday's Wild Card game with the Colts.

Cole Beasley (knee) is also expected to be active. Diggs' status was never in doubt despite a limited practice week, but Beasley seems likely be at less than 100 percent. Josh Allen will have his full supporting cast for a home matchup with the Colts.

SOURCE: ESPN

Jan 9, 2021, 10:34 AM ET

Stefon Diggs caught 6-of-9 targets for 128 yards and a touchdown in the Bills' Wild Card Weekend win over the Colts. 

Quiet in the first half, Diggs went off in the second half against a suspect Indianapolis secondary that had given up splash plays to Gabriel Davis early in the game. Diggs, who led the Bills in targets, receiving yards, and catches, capped his day with a 36-yard touchdown grab. If Josh Allen posts a big stat line -- he threw for 324 yards and two touchdowns in this one -- Diggs will almost certainly have a day. Buffalo's elite passing attack will continue to run through Diggs in the Divisional Round. 

Jan 9, 2021, 4:59 PM ET

Stefon Diggs caught 8-of-11 targets for 106 yards and one touchdown in the Bills' Divisional Round win over the Ravens.

As always, Diggs was phenomenal in the intermediate part of the field. He had multiple grabs on comeback routes and scramble drills, plus had a walk-in touchdown off a screen in the red zone. Diggs now has at least 100 yards in five of his last six games. Another 100-yard outing versus the Chiefs or Browns is certainly in reach with the Bills completely abandoning the run game. He's in the mix for being a top-five NFL receiver.

- Rotoworld

Stefon Diggs caught 6-of-11 targets for 77 yards in the Bills AFC Championship loss to the Chiefs.

The Chiefs pressed Diggs at the line most of the night and got him off his marks. He was on 2-12 receiving deep into the second half. All in all, Diggs had a career year in his first season with the Bills after coming over from the Vikings in a trade last offseason. Diggs appeared in all 16 games for the first time in his career and led the NFL with 127 catches and 1,535 yards on 166 targets, scoring eight touchdowns. Diggs was the overall WR3 in half-PPR points per game this season, trailing only Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill. Still just 27 years old, Diggs has three years left on his contract and will be drafted in the first round of fantasy leagues next summer.

- Rotoworld

Stefon Diggs played through a torn oblique during the Bills' 2020 postseason.

Diggs was on the injury report throughout the playoffs but didn't miss any games. It's a serious injury, though Diggs is having a normal offseason and will be 100 percent for training camp. Buffalo moved on from John Brown but they have Diggs, Gabriel Davis, and Cole Beasley all returning. The signing of Emmanuel Sanders should also help in 10 personnel for the Bills, who used four-wide sets on 14 percent of their plays last season.

SOURCE: Stefon Diggs on Twitter

May 9, 2021, 11:01 AM ET

Bills coach Sean McDermott said he "isn't concerned" WR Stefon Diggs' (knee) injury will linger into the regular season "at this point."

Diggs’ absence has leaked into a second week of practice, bringing into question the severity of his knee injury. Even so, McDermott said he expects Diggs to "miss more practice time" since there's no rush to get the veteran back onto the field during camp. It's still something fantasy managers should monitor in the coming weeks, as the Bills are set to open the regular season against the Steelers on September 12.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 16, 2021, 4:20 PM ET

maybe nothing to worry about with any other player, but... an injury prone guy , poster boy for the 'I completed a 16-game schedule once in my nfl career' brigade, gets a knee problem in camp? yeah I'd keep an eye on this if I had him.this guy is a potato chip.I've had him in the past, he was ALWAYS nicked up first few seasons in the NFL. apparently that's still the case

Stefon Diggs caught 9-of-14 targets for 69 yards in the Bills' Week 1 loss to the Steelers.

Diggs' 14 targets led the team slightly over Cole Beasley's 13 on a day Josh Allen fired off 51 passes. The offense just couldn't get a whole lot going against Pittsburgh's elite 11-man defensive unit. Better days are ahead, but Diggs gets to battle with Xavien Howard and Byron Jones in Week 2.

Stefon Diggs caught 7-of-10 targets for 114 yard in Buffalo's Week 4 win over the Texans. 

Diggs had four red zone targets and a 19-yard catch that brought him down at the Houston 4, but couldn't quite sniff the goal line and lost a fumble inside the 10. Still, the underlying data remains comforting for Diggs remaining a high-end WR1 and both he and his fantasy managers have to be licking their chops at the Kansas City secondary on Sunday Night Football in Week 5.

I know touchdowns aren't stick but he's had some real quality matchups and can't get into the endzone. Washington and Texans are as good as it gets 

He's never been a big red zone guy, but he's obviously a nice PPR asset right now 

I know touchdowns aren't stick but he's had some real quality matchups and can't get into the endzone. Washington and Texans are as good as it gets 

He's never been a big red zone guy, but he's obviously a nice PPR asset right now 
He was the same way last year. A ton of catches and yards with the occasional TD sprinkled in. The first 15 weeks of the season he had 5 total TDs. Then he had the big 3 TD game in week 16.

Stefon Diggs has the fifth most downfield targets among wide receivers through Week 5. 

His 11 targets of more than 20 yards trails only Courtland Sutton, Marquise Brown, Tyler Lockett, and Ja'Marr Chase, each of whom has 14 deep targets. Diggs' high-value looks are certainly there, even as he's converted just four of those downfield looks for 170 yards. Diggs leads Buffalo in target share (27 percent) and air yards share (36 percent). While teammate Emmanuel Sanders has made the most of his nine downfield targets -- two of which resulted in long touchdowns -- Diggs is getting his opportunities. He has a good chance of breaking out this week against a Tennessee defense allowing 12.5 yards per completion, the league's fourth highest rate. 

Oct 15, 2021, 11:05 AM ET

Stefon Diggs caught 9-of-11 targets for 89 yards and one touchdown in the Bills' Week 6 loss to the Titans.

Diggs' 14-yard touchdown in the second quarter was his first since Week 2, ending a three-game drought. It closes the buy-low window on Diggs in season-long fantasy leagues. Diggs has at least 60 yards in every game this season and has seen double-digit targets in 4-of-6 games. He's everything you want in a WR1, playing in one of the league's most pass-happy offenses. Diggs gets a bye now to reset before a final 10-week surge against the league's softest schedule. Diggs will draw the Dolphins in Week 8. He went 4-60-1 against Miami in Week 2.

Oct 18, 2021, 11:40 PM ET

Stefon Diggs caught 6-of-8 targets for 85 yards in the Bills' Week 9 loss to the Jaguars.

Diggs' final target was the one that ended the Bills' hopes: a low throw from a scrambling Josh Allen on 4th-and-16. Diggs had long stretches of not being targeted as Allen mostly checked down or went to Emmanuel Sanders throughout the game. Even in a day when everything seemed to be going wrong however, Diggs still led the Bills with 85 receiving yards. Diggs hasn't shown the same ceiling he had in 2020, with a Bills offense that isn't as voluminous and with targets being less condensed. Diggs still looks like a solid WR1 against the Jets in Week 10.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Stefon Diggs caught 4-of-7 targets for 51 yards in the Bills' Week 13 loss to the Patriots.

The Patriots only called three pass plays on the night, and Diggs' seven targets paced the Bills with Josh Allen attempting 30 passes. Diggs' 51 yards were a game-high, though he should have had more but dropped a potential 44-yard touchdown deep shot that hit him in the arms in the end zone. The wind gusts surely played a role, but Diggs would say he should've caught the pass. Diggs has at least 51 yards and/or one touchdown in every game this season. He has a ceiling spot next week in a shootout spot against the Bucs in Tampa Bay as a surefire WR1.

Dec 6, 2021, 11:26 PM ET

Stefon Diggs caught 3-of-6 targets for seven yards in the Bills' Divisional Round loss to the Chiefs.

Diggs' six targets were third on the team behind Gabriel Davis' 10 and Cole Beasley's eight, but Diggs obviously found no room to work. He did at least catch a big two-point conversion late on a great play by Josh Allen. While Diggs laid an egg, Davis went absolutely bonkers with 8-201-4. In his second season with Buffalo, Diggs caught a career-high 10 touchdowns, but he caught 24 fewer balls for 310 fewer yards a year after leading the league in catches (127) and yards (1,535). He still went over 100 catches and 1,000 yards in his age-28 season. Diggs is under contract for two more seasons and is due over $12.5 million in 2022. Look for Diggs to be drafted as an easy WR1 as a likely first- or second-round fantasy pick this coming summer.

- NBCSportsEDGE

TampaMike19 said:
Wtf happened with him? Guessing he got double or tripled. Chase will get the same treatment next week 

I hope so, Sounds like a big day for Mixon, Higgins, Boyd and Uzomah. 

Users who are viewing this thread