What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (2 Viewers)

Stefon Diggs caught 5-of-9 targets for 60 yards in the Bills' Week 15 win over the Dolphins.​

Diggs was targeted once in the end zone but failed to come down with the catch, ending with a scoreless 60 yards in a short-area role. The lockdown coverage of Keion Crossen and Xavien Howard simply shifted additional volume to the middle of the field towards tight end Dawson Knox and the running backs. Diggs will look to return his lofty WR1 status in a Week 16 matchup with the Bears.
Dec 18, 2022, 12:48 AM ET

Stefon Diggs caught 7-of-9 targets for 114 yards in the Bills' Wild Card Round win over the Dolphins.​

Diggs nearly made a jaw-dropping, one-handed snag in the end zone but wasn't able to control the ball before stepping out of bounds. The play was so impressive that most viewers thought it should have counted anyway. Regardless, it was another strong performance from Diggs. He tied Gabe Davis for a team-high in targets and led the Bills outright in receptions and yards. He will look to stay hot as one of the best fantasy options still standing in the playoffs next week.
Jan 15, 2023, 5:34 PM ET

Stefon Diggs caught 4-of-10 targets for 35 yards in the Bills' Divisional Round loss to the Bengals.​

Diggs delivered just under 20 PPR points per game in his third season in Buffalo. After a down 2021, he rebounded nicely for a high-end season. Diggs is entering his age-30 season but is still playing at a very high level and is tied to one of the best quarterbacks in football. After Diggs proved to be the Bills' only reliable playmaker, they will likely add additional target competition in the offseason. However, Diggs' chemistry with Josh Allen is unlikely to make any addition a major concern for his target share. Diggs will be drafted as a fantasy WR1 once again in 2023.
Jan 22, 2023, 6:18 PM ET

It appears he is an a-hole. Wasn’t he targeted 10 times? Sometimes you’re just not on the same page, whether that’s something to do with the QB, or the WR, or the defense. How would Diggs feel if Allen showed him up? Damn diva WRs.

Who is to say he was complaining about not getting the ball. The game plan was trash, maybe he was frustrated about that.

Apparently he texted another WR on the team and said it was the same thing every year. Which to me means: our “top” defence is completely incapable of stopping playoff teams.

Who is to say he was complaining about not getting the ball. The game plan was trash, maybe he was frustrated about that.

Apparently he texted another WR on the team and said it was the same thing every year. Which to me means: our “top” defence is completely incapable of stopping playoff teams.
Agreed. By the time the offense got the ball for the second time yesterday, they were down 14-0. It is not easy to win playoff games when your defense gets trucked that badly on the first two drives.

I tried that yesterday. I believe otherwise today. Plus he left the stadium before coaches even got to the locker room to address the team.

I don't mind his frustration and displeasure with losing. I think too many people expect choir boys and are shocked by regular behavior.
Showing up his QB is regular behavior? Then leaving the stadium before he has to face the coaches? I wonder how he would have felt if Allen had done that to him.

I don't mind his frustration and displeasure with losing. I think too many people expect choir boys and are shocked by regular behavior.
Showing up his QB is regular behavior? Then leaving the stadium before he has to face the coaches? I wonder how he would have felt if Allen had done that to him.
How did he show up Allen?
I saw assumptions he did by storming out but I never read that he barked at him or ...just an unhappy guy grabbing his things and leaving. Duke brought him back and he left a few minutes after. Did something happen then?

How did he show up Allen?
I saw assumptions he did by storming out but I never read that he barked at him or ...just an unhappy guy grabbing his things and leaving. Duke brought him back and he left a few minutes after. Did something happen then?
I see Apple said he'd pay for couples therapy. Joke aside it's entirely possible I missed something

Apple is a typical loser to talk smack after the fact. Especially humorous given his performance in past big games.

Diggs was barking at Allen on the bench and demonstrative with his arms out as if to say WTF

Who cares if the guy is pissed? He should be, they got railed. Show me a guy that's not frustrated about losing a playoff game at home and I'll show you a guy I don't want on my team. Send him to LVR please, we'll take him in a flash.

If there was any 'showing up his QB' I think JU is talking about on the sidelines when it looked like Diggs was complaining to or arguing with Allen. I don't think either one was worried about showing the other up or being shown up. A bit earlier Allen was telling Diggs in front of everyone that he didn't run his deep pattern at the right angle. I suspect Diggs was saying something like, 'Our only chance is to score quickly. The only way to do that is throw it to me. Just trust me.' Neither of them was worried at all about the other's behavior - at least from what they have said since. I think they were both very frustrated at the score and time remaining (and, I imagine, the weather which made coming back that much harder).

Whole team was upset they lost but I only saw one guy throwing a fit and trying to leave the locker room before standard protocol. If people are trying to portray that as not being happy losing what are you saying about the rest of the team that did not act like that?

Whole team was upset they lost but I only saw one guy throwing a fit and trying to leave the locker room before standard protocol. If people are trying to portray that as not being happy losing what are you saying about the rest of the team that did not act like that?

You're right... maybe Diggs is the only one that cares. Maybe that's why they got spanked at home by a team that clearly does not have this problem.

Huge nothingburger
....unless it becomes a trend.

Huge nothingburger

So true. I can't believe this is getting any attention.

Was it a bad look on TV, when we couldn't hear what he was saying, and had no knowledge of what was being discussed all game? Yes.

Is it in any way significant to the future of this team? No.

Diggs and Allen are as close as any QB/WR combo I've ever seen. Chalk it up to a little overflowing frustration. Everyone will move on and this will have no impact on anything moving forward.

Huge nothingburger

So true. I can't believe this is getting any attention.

Was it a bad look on TV, when we couldn't hear what he was saying, and had no knowledge of what was being discussed all game? Yes.

Is it in any way significant to the future of this team? No.

Diggs and Allen are as close as any QB/WR combo I've ever seen. Chalk it up to a little overflowing frustration. Everyone will move on and this will have no impact on anything moving forward.
I agree 100% with you. I hope it doesn't happen again however.

I tried that yesterday. I believe otherwise today. Plus he left the stadium before coaches even got to the locker room to address the team.
I told you Johnny…..he was being a selfish punk. To do that in a post season game….GTFOH with that me me me first garbage.

He is uber talented….we all know that. But his character to me is in question as a teammate. You keep that in the family…not make a display so the media can run with it.

I knew what he was doing the moment I saw Allen completely ghost him on the sideline and he was also never targeted again from that moment on.

I am sure Allen and Diggs already hugged it out. But man….be a professional.

I would say different people react differently to stimuli.

I would say different people react differently to stimuli.
Jeez….typical answer these days that coddle athletes that act like pre maddonas.

Stefon Diggs is not in attendance at the Bills offseason program.

Diggs' absence is notable after he was seen yelling at Josh Allen during the Bills' playoff loss to the Bengals. He reportedly left the Buffalo locker room in a hurry after the game. During a Tuesday press conference, Allen dismissed long-term concerns about Diggs' availability. “I’m just looking forward to getting back with him and working on things and continuing to get better,” Allen said. “Because he is the best receiver in the league and he helps us out a lot on this team. Looking forward to continuing our relationship on and off the field and him continuing to make plays for us.” Allen reminded reporters that Diggs, who had locker room issues in Minnesota before joining the Bills in 2020, is "fiery and competitive." Diggs will surely rejoin the Bills in the coming months. Whether he'll be happy about it is another question altogether.
SOURCE: NewYorkUpstate.com
Apr 19, 2023 at 11:28 AM ET

Stefon Diggs is not attending Bills OTAs.

Bills fans will be quick to point out OTAs are voluntary. But after Diggs was seen dressing down Josh Allen during Buffalo's playoff loss to the Bengals and was a no-show at the team's offseason program in April, there should be some concern about Diggs' standing with the team. Allen in April said he wasn't worried about Diggs' 2023 availability. The Bills' mandatory minicamp starts next month.
SOURCE: Adam Benigni on Twitter
May 23, 2023 at 11:30 AM ET

Bills fans will be quick to point out OTAs are voluntary. But after Diggs was seen dressing down Josh Allen during Buffalo's playoff loss to the Bengals and was a no-show at the team's offseason program in April, there should be some concern about Diggs' standing with the team. Allen in April said he wasn't worried about Diggs' 2023 availability. The Bills' mandatory minicamp starts next month.
This is what I was talking about in the "offenses that could be worse than expected" thread. Lets just say Diggs is unhappy and isn't made happy. I am not sure how elite this offense is without prime, locked in Diggs out there.

Winning cures everything and the Bills schedule is much easier first half than second.

He will be fine. He is too competitive to not give it his all. The drama does make it less fun to cheer for him though 😕

Diggs regularly has skipped OTAs. Do with that what you will.

Diggs regularly has skipped OTAs. Do with that what you will.
Well, now he also seems to be skipping mandatory mini camp and McDermott is “very concerned”.

Users who are viewing this thread