Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ass?  

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do I think I would legit beat Mayweather in a ruleless fight? Floyd is one of the best boxers of all time. He would definitely beat me in a boxing match. I unfortunately don't get into "matches". I fight for a living. In a no rules fight, I believe I can beat anyone on this planet*.

/thread

*Except matuski.

come on now, it's not fair to single him out. Should read:

*Except anyone who's dad has a blackbelt in Aikido.

Hey someone here saw an aikido class across the gym and told me all about it.

Do I think I would legit beat Mayweather in a ruleless fight? Floyd is one of the best boxers of all time. He would definitely beat me in a boxing match. I unfortunately don't get into "matches". I fight for a living. In a no rules fight, I believe I can beat anyone on this planet*.

/thread

*Except matuski.

is this a fair representation of aikido?

• Like 1

/thread

*Except matuski.

I know nothing about Aikido. Is this video from the Onion or is this actually real?

Edited by NewlyRetired

I know nothing about Aikido. Is this video from the Onion or is this actually real?

I don't know anything about it either. It seems that this particular martial art is more about forms and stuff like that vs direct competition. I googled "aikido competition" and this is what came up.

it certainly doesn't seem like a viable form of hand-to-hand combat.

I don't know anything about it either. It seems that this particular martial art is more about forms and stuff like that vs direct competition. I googled "aikido competition" and this is what came up.

Never seen a good demonstration myself.

I have experienced it, and I know why they do these "choreographed" demos. The attacks are often meant to break bones. So you see them grab a wrist and allow the opponent time to roll. My dad would do this to us.. if he got a hold of my wrist/finger/elbow, I knew to give up. He would give a slight twist whichever way I gave to him and I would be on the ground.. if he wrenched for real I'd have a broken finger/wrist/arm.

That is really the only aikido take away I got from wrestling/fighting with my dad... don't let him have a wrist or finger. Which of course is hard to do when he throws punches meant only to distract enough for him to get a wrist or finger. Took classes for a while myself, found it unimpressive/boring as a standalone. Learned more of it from messing around with my dad than any of the classes.

By itself I am not sure aikido is suitable for a fight.

Edited by matuski

My son took it for about six months. It was good for him when he was really young because he learned some tumbling (which was pretty cool) and also how to break wrist locks and such. I saw his instructor do some show similar to what was posted above, and that's when I really realized it was a pretty tame "martial art."

• 3 months later...

So when is the rematch and inevitable Rousey win and then the third fight?

Money money money

Worldstar has aa fight video with post fight interview. On the background you can see Dana White with a huge smile on his face.

You could practically see the dollar signs in his eyes.

This is better for Rousey. Nobody watches this one after she dismantled the Brazilian. I didn't even know she was fighting. I doubt that will be the case for the rematch.

Won a $100 on the broad that knocked her out which I'm hoping more than pays for the fight. We had a party and I told someone to just order it, damn that thing was over quick.

First fight of Rousy's I've ever watched, obviously

Mayweather would kick her ### and based on last night I'm thinking Turtle has a decent chance to take her down.

#### Joe Rogan, ### clown

Edited by Baloney Sandwich

How long would Rousey last with Mayweather?

Serious question.

He'd KO her in the first... unless she was able to duck and get him to the ground where she could submit him. He'd KO her in the first.

He doesn't have the power to KO her. He has a couple true KOs (not TKOs) in his career and if he can't hit her big, she's going to get a hold of him.

• Like 1