What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###? (4 Viewers)

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

• No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly.

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • It would be close. Probably a lot of grappling and it would go to a judges decision.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Yes, she would beat me but I would give her a pretty good fight for a couple RD before I submit to s

Votes: 40 8.6%
  • Yes, she would beat the living crap out of me.

Votes: 382 82.2%

• Total voters
Considering that Holly Holm was hitting Rousey with left-hand leads and even left-elbow leads, yeah... pretty sure she's not going to be able to stop anything from a real boxer.
I think Jayrok and Molecule could take her. Heck, Otis could sit on her and get her to tap.

Considering that Holly Holm was hitting Rousey with left-hand leads and even left-elbow leads, yeah... pretty sure she's not going to be able to stop anything from a real boxer.
Considering her background for almost her entire career was a professional boxer, we can say the "her beating Floyd Mayweather" comments may have been some of the most incorrect arguments ever made on this board. It'll be even better shtick when most of them stand by their ridiculousness.

Ron had a Rousey and chill with Angie last night. Given what we know about Ron, I'm sure that means Rousey got those walls soaked with Angie sitting on her face.

A threesome right before the fight probably wasn't Rousey's best idea.

BassNBrew said:
wdcrob said:
I think Jayrok and Molecule could take her. Heck, Otis could sit on her and get her to tap.
:goodposting: :boxing:

If there is a rematch, she better get that girl on the ground and keep her there. She can't box with Holm, that's for sure.

Let's not forget to mention the fact that Holly took her to the ground as well. That's right, a stick figure took down the girl that would beat JJ Watt in a Hell in the Cell match.

Quez said:
ghostguy123 said:
So when is the rematch and inevitable Rousey win and then the third fight?

Money money money
Worldstar has aa fight video with post fight interview. On the background you can see Dana White with a huge smile on his face.You could practically see the dollar signs in his eyes.

This is better for Rousey. Nobody watches this one after she dismantled the Brazilian. I didn't even know she was fighting. I doubt that will be the case for the rematch.
I disagree. Rousey was a cash cow because of her image of being unbeatable. Now she's just another over rated fighter who was totally exposed. Dana is not happy about this, and it is not good for Rousey's career.She may come out on the other side a better fighter, but she lost a lot more.

Quez said:
ghostguy123 said:

Money money money
Worldstar has aa fight video with post fight interview. On the background you can see Dana White with a huge smile on his face.You could practically see the dollar signs in his eyes.

This is better for Rousey. Nobody watches this one after she dismantled the Brazilian. I didn't even know she was fighting. I doubt that will be the case for the rematch.
I disagree. Rousey was a cash cow because of her image of being unbeatable. Now she's just another over rated fighter who was totally exposed. Dana is not happy about this, and it is not good for Rousey's career.She may come out on the other side a better fighter, but she lost a lot more.
disagree. She will still be a cash cow. the reality is, folks were getting bored of watching her fights because they werent competitive. This now gives them 2 more matches that people will tune in for. Unless Rousey gets KOd again, this may make her better and have little impact on her career imo.

I wasnt even going to watch last nights fight and decided to at the last minute. Now, i am looking forward to the rematch to see if holm just has her number, or if Rousey was simply sloppy on that night and overlooked her opponent.

Quez said:
ghostguy123 said:

Money money money

I have no idea what the buy rate was last night but the gate revenue is being projected as the highest of all time in the UFC.

Quez said:
ghostguy123 said:

Money money money

disagree. She will still be a cash cow. the reality is, folks were getting bored of watching her fights because they werent competitive. This now gives them 2 more matches that people will tune in for. Unless Rousey gets KOd again, this may make her better and have little impact on her career imo. I wasnt even going to watch last nights fight and decided to at the last minute. Now, i am looking forward to the rematch to see if holm just has her number, or if Rousey was simply sloppy on that night and overlooked her opponent.
Well sure, I agree a rematch will be big. But that's it. She's lost the one thing that made her a huge star. There aren't any more sponsors lining up outside her hospital room.

Quez said:
ghostguy123 said:

Money money money

No way. The rematch will be massive. Not perfect for Rousey's image but great for the sport. I have a feeling she'll be a little more focused before they fight again. She shot a movie between fights, went on the talk show circuit, magazine covers, looks like she did everything but put together a decent fight plan. Why she came in with the strategy to beat Holm at her own game is beyond me.

Quez said:
ghostguy123 said:

Money money money

No way. The rematch will be massive. Not perfect for Rousey's image but great for the sport. I have a feeling she'll be a little more focused before they fight again. She shot a movie between fights, went on the talk show circuit, magazine covers, looks like she did everything but put together a decent fight plan. Why she came in with the strategy to beat Holm at her own game is beyond me.
I have said that I agree the rematch will be big. But that's it. Her hype of the "greatest fighter on the planet" is gone. That's worth a ton of $.

No one will ever go undefeated in MMA. It's not like boxing where you can just slip into a corner and use your genetically freaky arm length keep someone at bay forever. That being said, Rousey was a complete dunce for trying to box Holm. If her trainer let her walk into the ring with that idea he needs to go. Rousey's mother was very critical of him before this fight anyway and now we see why. The one time she almost put the arm bar on Holm was the only chance she had.

Quez said:
ghostguy123 said:

Money money money

disagree. She will still be a cash cow. the reality is, folks were getting bored of watching her fights because they werent competitive. This now gives them 2 more matches that people will tune in for. Unless Rousey gets KOd again, this may make her better and have little impact on her career imo. I wasnt even going to watch last nights fight and decided to at the last minute. Now, i am looking forward to the rematch to see if holm just has her number, or if Rousey was simply sloppy on that night and overlooked her opponent.
Well sure, I agree a rematch will be big. But that's it. She's lost the one thing that made her a huge star. There aren't any more sponsors lining up outside her hospital room.
she was a huge start because she is a great fighter. she is still a great fighter. :shrug: 99.9% of fighters dont go undefeated. I think she will be fine. Now if she loses the rematch, then its a wrap. But if she wins it in impressive fashion, then she is right back to where she was.

No one will ever go undefeated in MMA. It's not like boxing where you can just slip into a corner and use your genetically freaky arm length keep someone at bay forever. That being said, Rousey was a complete dunce for trying to box Holm. If her trainer let her walk into the ring with that idea he needs to go. Rousey's mother was very critical of him before this fight anyway and now we see why. The one time she almost put the arm bar on Holm was the only chance she had.
Guarantee she fires her trainer. Rouseys mom said she thought she only stayed with im for superstitious reasons which makes sense since she doesnt like to change much. And yes that strategy was terrible and she looked gassed early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quez said:
ghostguy123 said:

Money money money

she was a huge start because she is a great fighter. she is still a great fighter. :shrug: 99.9% of fighters dont go undefeated. I think she will be fine. Now if she loses the rematch, then its a wrap. But if she wins it in impressive fashion, then she is right back to where she was.
If she wins she will be OK, but not back to where she was. And if she loses, it's game over, as you said. So I see no way that this is good for her.

Maybe she was just unbeatable before all the fame and fortune distracted her from concentrating solely on being a badass. I honestly never heard of her (don't follow MMA, so no surprising) but she seemed to be getting a lot of air time and mag cover time after her last fight. Any chance more marketing time = less gym time?

I think she took a fall. Vegas took a bath on this fight. Something is up
There's taking a fall for gambling/rematch purposes, and then there's getting you ### kicked in every way, looking horrible in the process, making people wonder what all the hype was ever about and likely destroying all future endorsement and film income.

Obviously, there's almotst no chance Rousey did the latter on purpose.

The only chance she has of coming back from this is to whip Holm's ### in a re-match. Still, that video of her getting her ### handed to her by a chick most had never heard of is there forever. If you want to be a megastar as a female athlete, I'm not sure it's possible to overcome a performance like that in a sport where you only compete a few times a year.

Transcendent, generational talent is the only thing that moves the needle for a female athlete (or, you know, being hot as all hell). I can't possibly imagine Rousey is ever able to paint that picture again.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's taking a fall for gambling/rematch purposes, and then there's getting you ### kicked in every way, looking horrible in the process, making people wonder what all the hype was ever about and likely destroying all future endorsement and film income.

The only chance she has of coming back from this is to whip Holm's ### in a re-match. Still, that video of her getting her ### handed to her by a chick most had never heard of is there forever. If you want to be a megastar as a female athlete, I'm not sure it's possible to overcome a performance like that in a sport where you only compete a few times a year.
If you're tossing a fight, you don't take the whipping Rousey took. Holm whipped her badly and destroyed her aura of invincibility...just like Buster Douglas did to Mike Tyson. Like a window, once the invincibility is broken there's no getting it back.

Transcendent, generational talent is the only thing that moves the needle for a female athlete (or, you know, being hot as all hell). I can't possibly imagine Rousey is ever able to paint that picture again.
:goodposting:

Rousey charging like a bull taking fists to the face and kicks to the head doesn't seem like a great fighting tactic. Rousey seemed out of shape, and if Rousey was going to look like a wrestler Rousey should have tried to get Holm on the ground. Standing trading punches with a taller, longer, more seasoned puncher was just idiotic.

In fact, how in the hell did Rousey's camp think that she could just over power Holm, and eat punches and kicks? Holm is taller, was in better shape for the fight, and Rousey being the smaller fighter was just a gift for the Holm camp. I think when they rematch Rousey is in better shape, and tries to slip some of Holm's punches and tries to take the fight to the ground.

media creation. Never understood it. So what that she was 12-0? How does that equate all the #### she talked or make people even begin to think she'd beat men let alone world class male athletes.

Maybe she was just unbeatable before all the fame and fortune distracted her from concentrating solely on being a badass. I honestly never heard of her (don't follow MMA, so no surprising) but she seemed to be getting a lot of air time and mag cover time after her last fight. Any chance more marketing time = less gym time?
She started making Hollywood appearances, film appearances, talk show appearances, buffet appearances...her myth became greater than she really was.

Quez said:
ghostguy123 said:

Money money money

If she wins she will be OK, but not back to where she was. And if she loses, it's game over, as you said. So I see no way that this is good for her.
She just became Chuck Lidell last night

The FFA - where beating up a girl and/or tiny people in hypothetical fights is considered macho bragging, where the smaller and weaker the hypothetical opponent is.. the less chance you have.

Users who are viewing this thread