What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1: Thursday Game, and GPP's lineup questions (1 Viewer)

podunker

Footballguy
I have two quick questions. First, I have read all the articles about not playing in Thursday night games. I agree that may be the thing to do in the regular season. But this first Thursday night game shouldn't be like most games. The teams have had tons of time to prepare their game plans, unlike the short week they would normally have. I would be curious to know what the Stats were like in the seasons past Kickoff games. I would think they would be better than the regular season games.

Question two: I have been putting together my lineups for GPP's this week and when it's all said and done, I have a lot to the same players in them. I have to be doing something wrong. How are you all making lineups out. Do you go way off base in some of your GPP lineups in hopes of hitting it big or just throw one or two flyers in there to make it different. I think maybe I need to look at alternate game scripts, think outside the box, and throw some of those lineups out there.

For example, I am playing several lineups in the 25 cent GPP. I thought about throwing out a lineup that was way off base. Say throwing out Carr and Cooper as a stack or Kaep and Boldin etc. Love to hear some thoughts.

I typically fade the majority of Thursday game players but don't actually not play the Thursday games. Statistics I have seen show passing stats are generally slightly lower for these games. I think the potential for a high scoring game with some potential value plays makes that strategy less attractive this week. But personally I'm actually not playing the Thursday game this week, I just don't feel good about my projections for that game so I will just avoid it completely.

As for GPP after I do my projections I find some players who I like and think they have good upside but their floors are just not for cash games. For example I think Taylor and Winston both are attractive for GPP this week but would not play either in a cash game. I know some will disagree and say Taylor is a solid cash game play. Personally I don't see Carr or Kaep having enough upside or value to play in GPP even though they certainly will be lightly owned. Potential ownership though is one of last things I consider in picking players only really use it as a tiebreaker. I don't like to stray way off from my projections (or my gut at times) because throwing out sub standard lineups just isn't a good long term way to make money.

Users who are viewing this thread