What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (4 Viewers)

Yahoo has Forbath with the most projected points on my wire. That could be a game with a lot of FGs. Indoors too. 

So hard to predict kickers. 

Lambo has almost killed me the last few weeks.  I see SD playing from behind and not alot of FG attempts.  I think im dropping for Forbath

Would you stick with Bailey tonight in NY or go with Novak in the dome in Indy?   Looks like snow and wind might not end up being an issue but is Bailey just as good in the cold as well?

The Texans should be able to move the ball against the Colts D but I'm worried they could go down 21-0 quickly and not try to kick FGs.  
I went with Novack last week, and he absolutely saved my ### in one league.  Considering playing him again next week.

I went with Novack last week, and he absolutely saved my ### in one league.  Considering playing him again next week.
Yeah I stuck with Bailey but luckily still won.  I wanted to keep him since he is at home indoors weeks 15 and 16 but now I'm considering either Novak or Forbath this week instead, both indoors with what appear to be good matchups.  Bailey seems to be going in the wrong direction with opportunities. 

Yahoo has Forbath with the most projected points on my wire. That could be a game with a lot of FGs. Indoors too. 

So hard to predict kickers. 
Don't think Forbath has missed a FG since he landed in MN. MN should control that game and the offense tends to stall.

Novak seems to be a hot name. Hit 5 last week. Only problem is I don't see HOU moving the ball that well against an underrated JAX D.

Similar options to others -- looking at Janikowski, Forbath, and Novak this week.

Janikowski -- same arguments from last week still apply.  Good offense? Check.  Good Opportunities? Check.  Oakland is tied for the 5th most attempts in the league.  San Diego, meanwhile, has allowed at least 2 FGs to opposing kickers each of the last 3 weeks, capped off by Gano's 4 last week in Carolina.  The Oakland offense is due for some positive correction as well, and if Marquette King could catch, Janikowski would've had another 3 FG game last week.  Even still, he's kicked at least 2 FGs in every game since week 9.

Forbath -- for years Walsh was a great kicker option in Minnesota until he completely lost it this year.  Enter Forbath, who I don't believe has missed a kick yet.  Indy just allowed 5 FGs to Nick Novak... Forbath should have opportunities this week.

Novak -- just drilled 5 FGs against Indy, and now gets Jacksonville at home.  Earlier this year, he had 3 FGAs against this same Jacksonville squad, though he missed 2 of them.  Now he gets them at home after they just allowed Forbath to kick 4 FGs.

Flip a coin between any of these 3 -- they all seem like quality options.

Oddsmakers had the over/under on longest field goal made (by both) at 45 1/2 in KC the other night.  Teams weren't even considering FG's in the high 40's and the under prevailed quite easily (not even an attempt).

Total points are another decent indicator I don't mind looking at.  The highest O/U this week is the Bucs and the Saints at @ 51.  Lutz is likely rostered.  Aguayo, not so much, as nobody trusts him and for good reason.  Interestingly, Maurile has him ranked #1 overall this week.  Talk about a boom/bust play.  For those that started off behind the 8-ball by playing against Tyreek Hill and/or Latavius Murray -- or worse, having also started Cooper -- you might want to consider Roberto.

BTW, the 2nd highest point total is the SD/Car game at 48 1/2 and both Gano and Lambo are dangling on many wires.  Forecast has no wind to speak of with temps in the mid 40's.

Good luck!
God bless Graham Gano!  18 points (although I still lost).  But I just dropped him for.....<wait for it>....Roberto Aguayo.  Yep, I see a track meet in Dallas.  Winston looks like money too, but I digress.  Interestingly, FBG's has Roberto near the bottom of their rankings.  Yet last week they were all over the guy.  And he delivered with 12 points.  What gives?  Dome game with a vulnerable Dallas D and a pretty high total of 47.  

Seabass is my other pick to click.

Have Hauschka in there now, but concerned about the cold in Seattle tonight. No wind in sight though and if conventional wisdom holds you'd think SEA will get several offensive opportunities and maybe chip shots for Hauschka.

Forbath in doors and on a roll is quite tempting I must say.

I've been happy with Prater so far, but the matchup and Stafford's injury makes me nervous that points will be tough to come by for Detroit.  I'm trying to decide between Catanzaro and Forbath.  Both represent indoor kickers with decent matchups.   

I'm in the same boat with Prater,

Not sure I want to trust him this week with both outdoor weather and unsure how well Stafford plays there to.

Don't think Forbath has missed a FG since he landed in MN. MN should control that game and the offense tends to stall.

Novak seems to be a hot name. Hit 5 last week. Only problem is I don't see HOU moving the ball that well against an underrated JAX D.
2 of the highest projected for FGs this week in the player props, but also 2 of the lowest ranked by fantasy advice-makers.

Picked up Seabass today based in large part on the great insight in this thread. Thanks to all who contributed. That was a great call.

And even better, he gets another great matchup with the Colts next week.?

Somebody dropped Bailey in my league and I picked him up for Sea Bass. We get six points in standard for a fifty yarder in a standard league, so Bailey had a good night, but the beginning of the game was excruciating. I would have been clear sailing if he hits one of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been rolling with Hopkins (@Bears) for awhile, but I think I may drop him for Prater (@Cowboys). Who knows what the weather is going to be like in Chicago. Meanwhile, Prater will be indoors and could be set up for a couple long ones. In my league, the Bears give up the 4th-most points to kickers while the Cowboys give up the 5th-fewest, but I tend to ignore those stats unless the defense is extremely good or bad.

In the championship, have Gostowski. Can't decide if he's a good play in what will be a blowout. Don't want to overthink this but should i grab someone else?

"Kick his as$ Seabass!"

Colts give up tons of FGs by the numbers. Oak offense has been stalling in the red zone lately, but still getting in FG range. Weather shouldn't be a concern. High Vegas total in a week where it's pretty low numbers across the board.  Came through huge last week. If Janikowski is still out there on any wires, he's a great option to fire up again this week.

Succup vs Jags

Jags have given up a lot of big K games with 2 top 5, or thereabouts K games, in last 2 weeks 

Only concern I have is Ten are quite good finishing drives

I have Lutz and Hopkins. Hopkins can be shaky but he's scored a lot. I think though I'm gonna use Lutz in the hopes that TB shows up and stalls some of NOs droves leading to FG attempts. The dome doesn't hurt either.

Just picked up Lutz. Indoors. High over/under. Even if it's all TDs from Brees he should have a high floor for PATs.

My opponent is starting Brees/Cooks/Thomas so at minimum, NO passing TDs will get a Lutz "tax" from me.

Just picked up Lutz. Indoors. High over/under. Even if it's all TDs from Brees he should have a high floor for PATs.

My opponent is starting Brees/Cooks/Thomas so at minimum, NO passing TDs will get a Lutz "tax" from me.
Exactly what I'm doing going against Brees (and possibly Ingram although as of now he has Farrow in...)

Novak still has a back issue but it doesn't appear to have affected him last week.  Does the switch to Savage change your opinion either way - more TDs, more punts or still stalling in FG range?

Stick with Novak or switch to Lutz?

eddiezz74 said:
Novak still has a back issue but it doesn't appear to have affected him last week.  Does the switch to Savage change your opinion either way - more TDs, more punts or still stalling in FG range?

Stick with Novak or switch to Lutz?
Novack he's hot

anybody on east coast have some insight into weather.  it shows rain for the NE game and need to decide whether to stick with Gostowski or switch.

Boswell coming off a 20+ point game and has Baltimore. Can we expect Pittsburgh drives to stall, in what seems to be games decided by FGs?

I will just throw this out there - I'm drafting Wil Lutz this year.

The Saints are upgrading their defense, Mike Nolan is on board as an asst coach, and I think there's an uptick in opportunities. He closed really well too. Lutz became one of my favorite Saints last year, the guy has got a serious leg.

I've never heard of anyone ever connecting on an 81 yard field goal let alone in full pads.

A name to file away for the future if your fantasy league provides bonus points for distance.

http://www.scout.com/story/1775713-florida-kicker-drills-81-yard-field-goal?s=149

WATCH: Florida kicker Eddy Pineiro drills 81-yard field goal at practice

Looks like this Gators special teamer is ready for the season to start. An 81-yard field goal is impressive by itself but Eddy Pineiro went even further, wearing full pads.

Posted on:theOBR.com > The Watercooler

81 YARD FG (PRACTICE, FULL PADS)Brrexkl7:37 AM

Holy jeebus, that ain't even right. There will be a day, maybe not in our lifetime but certainly a day, when a Human Being without any Cyborg enhancements will put the Ball on one Goal Line and put...

Pretty crazy. But I'll be that guy and point out that it sounded pretty windy. He could've been kicking with the wind at his back. Not sure just how much difference that would make, but something to think about.

I will just throw this out there - I'm drafting Wil Lutz this year.

The Saints are upgrading their defense, Mike Nolan is on board as an asst coach, and I think there's an uptick in opportunities. He closed really well too. Lutz became one of my favorite Saints last year, the guy has got a serious leg.
Was going to post this.  Well, not all of it, but Lutz is definitely a guy I like a lot this year.  I like all NFC South kickers, actually.  Domes and for the most part, little concern about weather.  And offenses that will move the ball.

Good stuff.   :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread