What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (4 Viewers)

Lutz ranked low on FBG as well. SF DST to limit Brees. 
Would you bench Lutz?   There is an argument to be made that his FG changes actually rise if the offense stalls out - but I could also see SF keeping them from frequent red zone and/or FG distance visits.  

I have Lutz and obviously tons of kickers on the wire.  

Lambo

2.4 FGs per game with Minshew

1.0 FGs per with Foles

SD

@ Oak

@ ATL

Not a bad schedule either. Don't shoot the messenger if I'm wrong but I'm rolling with him.

GoBirds said:
Seeing low rankings for Butker @ NE, would be completely overthinking to make a change I would think?
I noticed that as well.  Was not planning on swapping him, but playoffs have me thinking not-so-straight.  Have a bid in for Jake Elliot but might just hang with Butker.

Currently have Maher, we don't get dinged for misses so he has been pretty decent up until last week. Question is are the Cowboys going to not trust him this week and maybe go for it more?  Gould, Boswell, and Myers are available on the wire.

Currently have Maher, we don't get dinged for misses so he has been pretty decent up until last week. Question is are the Cowboys going to not trust him this week and maybe go for it more?  Gould, Boswell, and Myers are available on the wire.
FWIW I got rid of Maher...don't want to be caught with him as my K if this becomes a bad case of the yips. Picked up Crosby for this week but out of the 3 you quoted Gould would be my pick.

FWIW I got rid of Maher...don't want to be caught with him as my K if this becomes a bad case of the yips. Picked up Crosby for this week but out of the 3 you quoted Gould would be my pick.
Leaning Gould as well as no weather issues in the Dome.  Elliott is also available also and my opponent has Sanders and the Eagles D, could use him as an offset if either of those score to get a point back.

Would you bench Lutz?   There is an argument to be made that his FG changes actually rise if the offense stalls out - but I could also see SF keeping them from frequent red zone and/or FG distance visits.  

I’m not sure. I could go Houston kicker and Lutz isn’t likely to repeat last week but this could be a low scoring FG affair. I have no idea.  

Colts claim Chase McLaughlin 
Rotoworld take:

Colts claimed K Chase McLaughlin off waivers from 49ers.

It's possible McLaughlin is considered a long-term replacement for Adam Vinatieri (knee), but the 23-year-old at the very least is insurance since the latter was limited for Wednesday's practice. McLaughlin sunk 7-of-8 field goal tries in three games with the Niners before being waived to get Robbie Gould back on their roster full-time. He's a fine add for those streaming kickers through the fantasy playoffs.

RELATED: 

San Francisco 49ers

SOURCE: Indianapolis Colts on Twitter

Dec 4, 2019, 5:21 PM ET

A lot of low rankings I believe only because he’s playing at NE? 
Thanks, I thought I missed an injury report.

Regardless of match up, seems like Butker is a Top 3 option week after week based on offensive output alone. He's the #1 scoring kicker in our league.

Guy has missed two XPs and 4 FGs all year (with only one being an attempt  of 50 yards or less) -- not perfect, but reliable and a high floor for points.

Bizarre. I mean, there isn't tons of variance between kickers -- seems like you would stream kickers if you didn't have a more trustworthy guy like Butker, Lutz, or Tucker. 

Rotoworld:

Colts K Adam Vinatieri (knee) was limited in practice Wednesday.

Vinatieri reportedly had a flare-up in Week 13 warmups which led to three costly missed field goals. As a result, the Colts claimed K Chase McLaughlin on Wednesday. Vinatieri is, at best, questionable for Week 14 now that he's getting MRIs and speaking to doctors. This is the first time in his 24-year career that Vinatieri has been under 70% on field goals and under 90% on extra points.

SOURCE: 1075 The Fan

Dec 4, 2019, 9:49 PM ET

Lutz has been a double digit scorer the last 4 weeks and the highest ytd. But the opponent matters, so I could see benching him for Bailey, who has a great home matchup vs DET.  That's my choice, and CBSsports has Bailey one point higher. Still, I don't like benching studs.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero confirms Adam Vinatieri (knee) is unlikely to play Week 14 against the Buccaneers.

Vinatieri is battling a knee injury, which reportedly required an MRI. The 46-year-old (soon to be 47) has been a liability this season, missing a combined 14 field goals and extra points for Indianapolis. Chase McLaughlin, claimed off waivers from San Francisco earlier this week, will be in line to kick Sunday at Tampa Bay. He should be an upgrade over Vinatieri, who entered the NFL the same year McLaughlin was born (1996).

RELATED: 

Chase McLaughlin

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Dec 5, 2019, 1:33 PM ET

Speaking on 105.3 The Fan Friday morning, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett suggested Brett Maher is on the outs in Dallas.

The Cowboys tried out a handful of kickers last week but ultimately stuck with Maher despite him missing two kicks in the team's Thanksgiving loss to Buffalo. After costing Dallas with another miss Thursday night in Chicago, the struggling Maher may be out of second chances. "We decided to give Brett an opportunity this week. It didn't work out," said Garrett bluntly. "So we have to take a real close, hard look at that." Maher is far from the Cowboys' biggest problem, but his poor play of late certainly hasn't helped matters.

SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

Dec 6, 2019, 10:08 AM ET

Alright...

I want to bring up something. With what we saw the Dolphins do last week, is there anyone who thinks we see something similar from a kicker because of coaches trying to be creative? 

If so what coaches/teams would try it? 

Patriots signed Nick Folk.

Folk was released while recovering from an appendectomy. He'll rejoin the Patriots now that he's healthy enough to kick. New England already cut Kai Forbath earlier this week.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 6, 2019, 6:49 PM ET

Sanders came just a few points short of the record.
And he had a chance at eight field goals, too. 

I went with Ficken this week because of the Miami/Philly shootout last week.  Won my matchup by six points, the exact difference between Ficken and Maher, whom he had. Love this thread and getting me to think and all that stuff.  

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Adam Vinatieri is slated for season-ending knee surgery.

Celebrating his 47th birthday later this month, this could very well be the last we see of Vinatieri on an NFL field. The fading vet limped to the finish line, laboring through a mistake-ridden 2019 campaign that included eight missed field goals and six missed extra points. Still, he's one of the greatest kickers to ever lace them up and will assuredly be headed to Canton. Rookie Chase McLaughlin will finish out the stretch as Indy's placekicker.

RELATED: 

Chase McLaughlin

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 9, 2019, 10:35 AM ET

Cowboys waived K Brett Maher.

"We decided to give Brett an opportunity this week. It didn't work out," coach Jason Garrett bluntly stated following Maher's missed try — his league-high 10th whiff of the year — against the Bears. It's not a stretch to claim Maher would've been ousted by 31 other teams back in the preseason, let alone waiting until Week 15 to make a change. Maher finishes his campaign hitting just 66.7% of his field goal attempts this year, including an abysmal 1-for-5 on tries between 40-49 yards.

RELATED: 

Dallas Cowboys

SOURCE: Nick Eatman on Twitter

Dec 9, 2019, 1:24 PM ET

Cowboys signed K Kai Forbath.

In typical Cowboys fashion, the organization prioritized familiarity when making a change — Forbath, of course, took part in Dallas' training camp in 2011 but was eventually released the following year for Dan Bailey. Forbath has kicked for five different teams since then, successfully sinking 85.8 percent of his field goal tries. He made his only field goal, a 23-yard shot, in his lone appearance with the Patriots this year.

SOURCE: Jon Machota on Twitter

Dec 9, 2019, 1:26 PM ET

Week 15 kickers ranked.  Kicker in bold followed by team and average points scored.  Followed by opponent and average points allowed to opposing kickers.  Then two numbers added together and teams ranked accordingly.   Lastly, the weather forecast.  Scoring is 3 points for field goal of 30 yards or less and .1 for every yard beyond 30.  1 point for an extra point.  No points deducted for missed kicks.

Butker Chiefs (11.2) vs Broncos (10.0) = 21.2 (Overcast, winds 5-10mph)

Prater Lions (8.9) vs Buccaneers (11.4) = 20.3 (Dome)

Koo Falcons (13.7) at 49ers (6.1) = 19.8 (Sunny, winds 5-10mph)

Lutz Saints (11.3) vs Colts (8.2) = 19.5 (Dome)

Tucker Ravens (10.2) vs Jets (9.3) = 19.5 (Cloudy night, winds 4mph)

Gould 49ers (8.9) vs Falcons (10.0) = 18.9 (Sunny, winds 5-10mph)

Badgley Chargers (10.6) vs Vikings (7.8) = 18.4 (Sunny, winds 5-10mph)

Myers Seahawks (8.1) at Panthers (10.1) = 18.2 (Sunny, winds 5-10mph)

Gay Buccaneers (10.0) at Lions (8.0) = 18.0 (Dome)

McLaughlin Colts (9.6) at Saints (8.3) = 17.9 (Dome)

Seibert Browns (8.1) at Cardinals (9.6) = 17.7 (Dome)

Folk Patriots (8.0) at Bengals (9.7) = 17.7 (Party Cloudy, 10-15mph)

Gonzalez Cardinals (9.1) vs Browns (8.0) = 17.1 (Dome)

Slye Panthers (9.0) vs Seahawks (7.9) = 16.9 (Sunny, winds 5-10mph)

Zuerlein Rams (9.1) at Cowboys (7.7) = 16.8 (Dome)

Sanders Dolphins (7.4) at Giants (9.4) = 16.8 (Partly Cloudy, winds 15-25)

Lambo Jaguars (8.3) at Raiders (7.4) = 15.7 (Partly Cloudy, winds 5-10mph)

McManus Broncos (8.5) at Chiefs (6.7) = 15.2 (Overcast, winds 5-10mph)

Ficken Jets (6.4) at Ravens (8.5) = 14.9 (Cloudy night, winds 4mph)

Fairbairn Texans (7.4) at Titans (7.4) = 14.8 (Partly Cloudy, winds 5-10mph)

Pineiro Bears (6.4) at Packers (8.4) = 14.8 (Mostly Sunny, winds 10-15mph)

Rosas Giants (4.6) vs Dolphins (10.2) = 14.8 (Partly Cloudy, winds 15-25)

Elliott Eagles (6.9) at Redskins (7.8) = 14.7 (Mostly Sunny, winds 10-20mph)

Bailey Vikings (7.9) at Chargers (6.7) = 14.6 (Sunny winds 5-10mph)

Hopkins Redskins (6.6) vs Eagles (7.8) = 14.4 (Mostly Sunny, winds 10-20mph)

Hauschka Bills (7.6) at Steelers (6.4) = 14.0 (40% chance of morning snow showers, night game, Partly Cloudy, winds 10-15mph)

Crosby Packers (7.4) vs Bears (6.2) = 13.6 (Mostly Sunny, winds 10-15mph)

Forbath Cowboys (4.0) vs Rams (7.6) = 13.6 (Dome)

Succop Titans (4.8) vs Texans (7.5) = 13.3 (Partly Cloudy, winds 5-10mph)

Boswell Steelers (9.0) vs Bills (4.2) = 13.2 (40% chance of morning snow showers, night game, Partly Cloudy, winds 10-15mph)

Carlson Raiders (5.6) vs Jaguars (7.4) = 13.0 (Partly Cloudy, winds 5-10mph)

Bullock Bengals (7.4) vs Patriots (5.0) = 12.4 (Party Cloudy, 10-15mph)

Last edited by a moderator:
Debating between Gould, Badgley or Crosby (currently have Crosby). Leaning Badgley because of the weather but i'm worried that Chargers may fall behind and not even attempt any FGs.

Dropping Koo (who powered me to my playoff win) for Myers. I predict lots of points in the Carolina-Seattle game, but I see SF stifling the resurgent Falcons offense...

Dropping Koo (who powered me to my playoff win) for Myers. I predict lots of points in the Carolina-Seattle game, but I see SF stifling the resurgent Falcons offense...
Also rolling with Myers as a few of the PK experts seem to like him this week.

Titans promoted K Greg Joseph from the practice squad.

The Titans' current kicker, Ryan Succop, is 1-for-6 on field goals since he was activated from injured reserve in Week 9. A move was needed with Succop clearly not right. Joseph hasn't kicked this year but did make 85% of his field goals in 2018 with the Browns.

SOURCE: Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports

Dec 17, 2019, 8:24 PM ET

Gould currently starting, but the LARs aren't the best matchup per the data. SF a bit lousy in the redzone and LAR d more than solid. Maybe this could be a slugfest/fgfest between two solid Ds.

Badgely just dropped. He's an option. Good weather and vs OAK team you'd think may be in give up mode.

Gould currently starting, but the LARs aren't the best matchup per the data. SF a bit lousy in the redzone and LAR d more than solid. Maybe this could be a slugfest/fgfest between two solid Ds.

Badgely just dropped. He's an option. Good weather and vs OAK team you'd think may be in give up mode.
I may stick with Badgely precisely  because  of matchup and weather, even though he didn't do much last week

Titans placed K Ryan Succop on injured reserve with a knee injury, ending his season.

Succop was activated off I.R. in early November after starting the season there due to a knee injury. He's been awful since his return, going just 1-of-6 on field goals but 24-of-25 on extra points. Succop will likely be cut in the offseason, though it'll be his third year into a five-year deal. The Titans signed K Greg Joseph off the Panthers' practice squad to replace Succop.

Dec 18, 2019, 10:30 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread