Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Official Kicker (K) Thread

4 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:

Nah I mostly play dynasty as well. I must’ve misread the post that I quoted - thought OP was strictly trying to trade for a K. No package deal.

For example I made this trade (Dynasty) in the off-season:

Gave: 1st/2nd 2021 picks 

Got: Drake/Diggs/Shepard/Legatron/$20 auction cash

Throwing in a kicker to spice up, or hide the fact you are after a Kicker is always a great move. 

Sorry if I misunderstood the post I quoted. Like I said, I though buddy was simply trying to trade for a kicker with no sort of package deal. 

To get back on topic? What do you guys think about Greg the Leg in Dallas? Seems like he can regain his previous elite status IMO ... that offense should always be moving. 

I just drafted the leg as 4th kicker off the board. you are right, should have a lot of scoring in Dallas. 

Zane Gonzalez- why are so many down on him? He was released in two of my leagues. I own Succop in one and Tucker in another so I’m not going to go for him, but it’s tempting. 

He finished 5th overall K last year and the offense has only improved. Or maybe that’s the issue? Kyler is less likely to stall in the RZ this year?

Titans K Stephen Gostkowski said his surgically repaired hip feels good. 

Tennessee's new kicker had surgery on the injured hip in October and remained in New England for rehab. Gostkowki should be a usable fantasy option on a Titans team that doesn't see much negative game script. A little regression in the team's red zone success -- they scored touchdowns on a league best 77.6 percent of red zone possessions in 2019 -- and Gostkowski could see consistent file goal opportunity in 2020. 

SOURCE: Terry McCormick on Twitter 

Sep 7, 2020, 12:21 PM ET

Bears placed K Eddy Pineiro (groin) on injured reserve.

He'll miss at least the first three weeks of the season. Pineiro won the Bears' kicking gig out of camp, beating out Cairo Santos, but Santos was kept on the practice squad and is expected to be elevated to the 53-man roster. He's not a strong fantasy option.

RELATED: 

Cairo Santos

Sep 8, 2020, 2:28 PM ET

K streamers for week 1?

Thinking Elliott at Washington, Succop at NO, Gostkowski at Broncos, or Boswell at Giants. 

Several young guys are pretty interesting this year too, including Blankenship and Tyler Bass. Either might be a good stream this week too (at Jacksonville and vs NYJ respectively).

Broncos signed K Brandon McManus to a four-year, $17.2 million contract extension.

He earned $9.5 million guaranteed. McManus has been a stable player for Denver since 2014, his first season in the NFL. Last season, McManus connected on 85% of his field goal attempts and 96% of his extra points.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 11, 2020, 9:31 PM ET

Bears activated K Cairo Santos to the active roster.

Santos will be the Bears' kicker for at least the next three weeks with incumbent Eddy Pinerio (groin) on injured reserve. It's worth noting that Santos lost the job in training camp, but kickers are mostly all the same aside from Justin Tucker. Starting a Bears kicker in fantasy is certainly a gamble, but at least he opens in a dome against the Lions.

SOURCE: chicagobears.com

Sep 12, 2020, 4:09 PM ET

Patriots activated K Nick Folk to the active roster.

Folk will be the opening game starter after beating rookie K Justin Rohrwasser in a training camp battle. New England's kicker has always been on the fantasy radar, although the offense likely regresses with a weakened 2020 roster. Against the Dolphins in Week 1, Folk is a quality streamer.

RELATED: 

Justin Rohrwasser

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 12, 2020, 4:40 PM ET

Browns waived K Austin Seibert.

Seibert, Cleveland's No. 170 overall pick in 2019, missed two kicks on Sunday — a PAT and a 40-yard FG — and was promptly replaced before Thursday's kick-off. Cody Parkey was signed from the practice squad and will make his debut in Cleveland's home opener.

Sep 14, 2020, 1:25 PM ET

Browns promoted K Cody Parkey from the practice squad.

The team waived K Austin Seibert in a corresponding move. Seibert missed two kicks on Sunday — a PAT and a 40-yard FG — and wasn't given a leash beyond that. Parkey will make his debut for the Browns on Thursday against the Bengals.

Sep 14, 2020, 1:27 PM ET

Bengals claimed K Austin Seibert off waivers from Browns.

Seibert, Cleveland's fifth-round pick last year, was waived by the Browns following two missed kicks in Week 1 but finds a home 24 hours later. He'll replace Randy Bullock (questionable), who was listed on the team's injury report with two strained calves. Bengals travel to Cleveland for the Browns' home opener on Thursday.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Sep 15, 2020, 8:58 AM ET

Bengals coach Zac Taylor said Randy Bullock will kick through his strained calves and start against the Browns on Thursday even after the Bengals claimed K Austin Seibert off waivers. 

Whatever — carrying two kickers on your 53-man roster, starting a kicker with two strained calves — floats your boat. The Bengals missed out on overtime against the Chargers in Week 1 after Bullock blew a tire on the would-be game-tying field goal. The 31-year-old is on notice. 

RELATED: 

Austin Seibert

SOURCE: Paul Dehner on Twitter 

Sep 15, 2020, 1:57 PM ET

The Titans will stick with K Stephen Gostkowski for Week 2 after he missed three field goals and an extra point in Monday's win over the Broncos. 

"For a guy that’s a career 87 percent field goal kicker, I think a lot of those corrections are going to be on him," coach Mike Vrabel said. "But it’s also on us to make everything around him better." Gostkowski appeared in an increasing fog following each Monday shank, but Vrabel showed remarkable faith by trotting out for a potentially game-winning 25-yard attempt with 0:17 remaining. Gostkowski drained it and breathed a massive sigh of relief. Gostkowski can't afford anymore multi-miss weeks, but he should get back on track. 

SOURCE: Erik Bacharach on Twitter 

Sep 15, 2020, 1:37 PM ET

I think holding onto Gostkowski is going to cost the Titans. He didn't look right. Those were bad misses. The ball fluttered off of his foot dead wide from the start of his kicks. They were never good at any point from the back angle camera view.  

The Bengals holding onto Bullock is probably the dumbest thing I've heard of in a while in pro sports. He's not very good to begin with and has strained calves. What are they hoping to accomplish? Sabotaging their own chances at a winning season?

Edited by rockaction

2 hours ago, One said:

Right now I have TB's Succop.

Are Crosby, Carlson or Lambo better options? 

I have Succop as well. He did OK last week, although I don't believe the blocked FG was his fault. I plan to stick with him for the foreseeable future. The Bucs are going to put up more points, he kicks in warm weather and his bye isn't until week 13. And who doesn't want a suck-up on their team ? LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

Anyone really holding tight on Greg the leg?

Two years ago, this guy was on fire. Last year, seemed mediocre. And this past weekend, misfires badly on a 50+ and almost sliced an extra point.

Feel like Succop has a great matchup this week.

Zuerlein got $2.25 million guaranteed from the Cowboys. He would really have to start missing badly in multiple games for them to move on. Missing from 50+ yards really shouldn't be held against kickers. Those are tough to make. The league average last year was 57%.

Jaguars placed K Josh Lambo (hip) on injured reserve.

He'll miss at least the next three games. Lambo 3-of-4 on extra points and made his lone field goal attempt in the Week 2 loss to the Titans. Lambo has been on of the most consistent kickers in the sport since signing with the Jaguars in 2017. Brandon Wright will kick against the Dolphins Thursday night and get the first crack at replacing Lambo.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:15 PM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Falcons K Younghoe Koo (groin) is expected to miss "some time."

Koo reportedly "gutted it out" for Atlanta's Week 3 loss to Chicago but was unable to kick off during that contest. He'll likely be moved to injured reserve as a short-term solution in the coming days. Expect the Falcons to add a name off the streets mid-week unless the organization entrusts kicking responsibilities to P Sterling Hofrichter in the interim.

Sep 28, 2020, 1:46 PM ET

Jaguars signed K Stephen Hauschka.

Jacksonville moved Josh Lambo to injured reserve last week and promoted rookie Brandon Wright from the practice squad, but the latter was injured Thursday night against Miami. Hauschka was last released by the Bills, who decided to move forward with rookie Tyler Bass, in August.

SOURCE: Pro Football Talk on Twitter

Sep 28, 2020, 1:23 PM ET

6 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Thanks. Is it also your understanding that Lambo is expected to return this season and it's more of a short term injury? 

@gbill2004 - It is my understanding that the Jaguars do expect Lambo back and that his injury was seen as more of a short term injury; however, they didn’t want to rush him back as they were being cautious and giving him time to fully recover so the IR designation is what they used in this case.

Lambo has hit 94.9% of his field goals and 93% of his extra points since joining the Jaguars in 2017 - so they want him back when he is ready to return.

5 hours ago, Faust said:

@gbill2004 - It is my understanding that the Jaguars do expect Lambo back and that his injury was seen as more of a short term injury; however, they didn’t want to rush him back as they were being cautious and giving him time to fully recover so the IR designation is what they used in this case.

Lambo has hit 94.9% of his field goals and 93% of his extra points since joining the Jaguars in 2017 - so they want him back when he is ready to return.

Sounds like Hauschka injured his knee and was unable to practice today. Is Rosas now next man up?

Anyone down for a K contest for week 5? 

Leaves plenty of time for week all the exiting week 4 K news to percolate so as to not to cause interruption to the regularly schedule K topic. 

Let me know & if there’s enough interest I’ll  get it posted up after week 4 is in the books.  :hifive:

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

FBG's has Blankenship 29th for the rest of the year. I think he looks like a good option. 

He is. I believe that after his bye in week 7, he is outdoors only ONCE more (in week 10, at Tenny) and is otherwise in a dome or warm weather until week 16. The Colts have a good, but not great offense. The guy is getting opportunities. He has double digit points the past 2 weeks, and had "only" 8 points in week 1 (his NFL debut).

3 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Leaves plenty of time for week all the exiting week 4 K news to percolate so as to not to cause interruption to the regularly schedule K topic. 

Let me know & if there’s enough interest I’ll  get it posted up after week 4 is in the books.  :hifive:

I'm game!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotSmart said:

Are there any Randy Bullock fans?

He's tied for 3rd in K scoring in my league and on the wire.

Above average kicker more recently, and improving offense. But I would only start him against bad teams, like this week vs the Jags. The weather looks good too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Keith1 said:

He is. I believe that after his bye in week 7, he is outdoors only ONCE more (in week 10, at Tenny) and is otherwise in a dome or warm weather until week 16. The Colts have a good, but not great offense. The guy is getting opportunities. He has double digit points the past 2 weeks, and had "only" 8 points in week 1 (his NFL debut).

Yeah and a solid D too. I dropped Bailey two weeks ago for him. Feeling he might be the real deal. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I still owe you a bottle from last year! Ya never sent me a shipping address after you won.  If ya ever do message me Imma make it 2!
:lol: 

Not just a pretty face, but a memory like a steel trap! I totally forgot about that!

Will send a DM (though my real goal is to win this contest 3 more times for the 4-pack!)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Sure

Falcons signed K Elliott Fry. 

Younghoe Koo (groin) is expected to miss at least a week, leaving the Falcons without a kicker for Monday night against Green Bay. Fry should suit up for Atlanta this week. He's a desperation kicker option for a Falcons team that isn't likely to face much positive game script -- a critical element of kicker opportunity -- against the Packers. 

RELATED: 

Younghoe Koo

Oct 1, 2020, 12:50 PM ET