What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 9 (1 Viewer)

Has anyone done the CBS double-up on FD? It's like the FBG contest. I'm wondering (1) how high the cutlines have generally been in relation to "regular" double ups and (2) how easy are tickets to get.

Any info would be appreciated.
Can anyone join? I haven't seen it before. Does it show up in the lobby?

Has anyone done the CBS double-up on FD? It's like the FBG contest. I'm wondering (1) how high the cutlines have generally been in relation to "regular" double ups and (2) how easy are tickets to get.

I did it for a couple of weeks and did not get a ticket. After that, I got tired of trying to find the event and sort of forgot about it.

Theoretically it works exactly like the FBG contest (only there are 1500 participants instead of 1000). You still have to beat their 3 dudes to win a ticket. So I see no difference really.

Yes, anyone can join.

I have not seen it in the lobby... had to google search for it to find it the times I played.

JFS171 said:
Initial Pass for Thursdays (also would work with Sunday-Monday lineups):

Carr

Gurley

Woodhead

Antonio Brown

Jeffery

Crabtree

Olsen

Janikowski (other K)

Jets
First Edit:

Tyrod Taylor

Freeman

Hill

Edelman

Jeffery

Crabtree

Gates

Janikowski

Patriots

Feel very good about Freeman, Edelman, Jeffery, Gates. Kicker is baseline cost (I'll pick my favorite from the $4500 guys unless I end up with extra funds). Crabtree makes me a little nervous, but he's been consistent with volume and I think the Raiders are probably passing a good bit. Hill is a great price (remember where he started the year - firmly an RB1 with an RB1 price tag), and the matchup won't get much better. Thursday night games make me nervous inherently, but I think this could be a game with multiple short TDs and a lot of clock-burning carries. The Patriots should smoke the Redskins pretty handily, much like we saw against the Dolphins. Cousins in garbage time should lead to plenty of sacks and TOs.

A word of note on Jordan Reed. Patriots usually scheme to take the opposing offense's best weapon out of the game, to me that is Jordan Reed.

Anyone using Blount in GPPs? Pats should dominate this game.

also, fading Julio Jones this week. I know it is a great match-up but with Blaine Gabbert starting, I just want to stay away from this game if it gets out of hand. I like a lot of other options that are cheaper... D. Thomas and A. Brown for instance.

Last edited by a moderator:
A word of note on Jordan Reed. Patriots usually scheme to take the opposing offense's best weapon out of the game, to me that is Jordan Reed.

Anyone using Blount in GPPs? Pats should dominate this game.

also, fading Julio Jones this week. I know it is a great match-up but with Blaine Gabbert starting, I just want to stay away from this game if it gets out of hand. I like a lot of other options that are cheaper... D. Thomas and A. Brown for instance.
Patriots dominated the last game, and it wasn't a Blount game. Washington isn't horrible against the run, so I would expect another game like the last. The thing with Lewis is he is capable of running between the tackles as well so they are keeping him out more. Imo we dont see a "Blount" game like we did last year.

So with the new limits, one would think that would lend even more credence to joining contests as late as possible. Correct? The heavy players will get theirs in sooner rather than later?

No love for the Atlanta defense this week? They may not be great, but with the dumpster fire offense that is San Fran, they seem like a sure bet to me.

Here is my initial run through...

Cutler

Freeman

McFadden

Thomas

Jeffery

S.Johnson

Walker

Gostkowski

Atlanta

Not sold on Thomas...may see about reducing cost there and upping $ spent on TE or 3rd WR.

Yes, anyone can join.

I have not seen it in the lobby... had to google search for it to find it the times I played.
I just stumbled on it in the CBS fantasy app when I went to set one of my full-season league lineups. They look like they're giving away some real cash in the finals. I'm wondering if there are lots of noobs pointed there from the CBS site to help suppress the cutline on the double up.

Yes, anyone can join.

Thanks!

So with the new limits, one would think that would lend even more credence to joining contests as late as possible. Correct? The heavy players will get theirs in sooner rather than later?
I would think its the opposite for double ups. Sharks will take as many soft H2Hs as possible through the week, then when it gets close to game time theyll max out with whatever they can.

Do you like having 2 lineups with this many different players? Thoughts on these?

Brady, Freeman, Hill, Jeffery, Crabtree, SteJohnson, Olsen, Gould, Jets

Carr, Ingram, Mcfadden, ODB, Brown, SteJohnson, Gates, Barth, Falcons

If Im going to play 2 different lineups I want mostly, if not all, different players. Theres a few thousand ways to reach the cut line each week, so if youre going with multiple rosters to reduce variance, go all the way IMO. The math says ideally 7 different lineups if youre mass entering though, in that case Id shoot for the same player on no more than 3 rosters.

I like both lineups. I would like another receiver for Johnson in the Gates lineup, but the options in that price range are pretty limited obviously.

Davonta or Julio? That is the question for my Thursday cash lineup. I'm going to have lots of both when the dust settles, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. I think Julio is a better play in a vacuum, but there are more comparable WR options to my eye than comparable RB options.

Here's my initial stab at a Thursday cash lineup:

Eli

Freeman

Woodhead

Marshall

Jeffery

Crabtree

Gates

Boswell

Bengals

I'm not necessarily thrilled about having both Woodhead and Gates, but at their price points ($12,000 combined) it seems like their combined floor should be reasonably OK.

Marshall is banged up and could have Bryce Petty throwing to him. A bit risky to roster Thursday on Fanduel with no swaps.

Tennessee_ATO said:
Davonta or Julio? That is the question for my Thursday cash lineup. I'm going to have lots of both when the dust settles, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. I think Julio is a better play in a vacuum, but there are more comparable WR options to my eye than comparable RB options.
Exactly where I landed, and if Julio's not involved in the initial beatdown, I'm not sure the volume will be there. Freeman is staring 25 touches in the face against a team he should own.

NixonMask said:
Marshall is banged up and could have Bryce Petty throwing to him. A bit risky to roster Thursday on Fanduel with no swaps.
Sounds like Fitzpatrick has been cleared and will start.

KarmaPolice said:
I thought there was no way I could fit a team a liked with Brady this week. But its happening!
Cash or gpp?
Cash.

Tom Brady

Deangelo Williams

Devonta Freeman

Alshon Jeffery

Michael Crabtree

Steve Johnson

Antonio Gates

Stephen Gostkowski

New York Jets

Not sure about having both Johnson and Gates there though.

I am leaning towards this for a cash line-up. Still trying to tinker.

Big Ben

Ingram

Ivory

A.Brown

Cooper

Steve Johnson

Reed

Boswell

Falcons D

KarmaPolice said:
I thought there was no way I could fit a team a liked with Brady this week. But its happening!
Cash or gpp?
Cash.

Tom Brady

Deangelo Williams

Devonta Freeman

Alshon Jeffery

Michael Crabtree

Steve Johnson

Antonio Gates

Stephen Gostkowski

New York Jets

I'm thinking of something like this. But do I want to swap out Jeffrey/Gostkowski for A. Brown/4500 kicker. Maybe swap McFadden for Williams. Also possible swap out Gates/Jets for Reed/Bengals. Just can't make up my mind.

Not really liking Stevie and Gates together either.

Without have to kill the entire lineup, anything popping out to anyone? LaFell? Austin? Ginn? It's real dicey down there.

Is dropping to the Saints at D worth consideration?

I've played it the last two weeks. First week the money came at 138.5, and I got a ticket at 159.84 just ahead of their top guy at 158.4. Last week money came at 120.22 and I didn't cash. (thanks Fitzpatrick, Forsett, Martin, and Eifert) You can get to the entry at fanduel.com/cbspod

I am leaning towards this for a cash line-up. Still trying to tinker.

Big Ben

Ingram

Ivory

A.Brown

Cooper

Steve Johnson

Reed

Boswell

Falcons D
Leaning towards Carr now. Opens alot of flexibility. Just have to decide if I wanna upgrade to Freeman from Ivory or go to Gronk at TE.

KarmaPolice said:
Cash or gpp?
Cash.

Tom Brady

Deangelo Williams

Devonta Freeman

Alshon Jeffery

Michael Crabtree

Steve Johnson

Antonio Gates

Stephen Gostkowski

New York Jets

I'm thinking of something like this. But do I want to swap out Jeffrey/Gostkowski for A. Brown/4500 kicker. Maybe swap McFadden for Williams. Also possible swap out Gates/Jets for Reed/Bengals. Just can't make up my mind.
While Brown is almost always a great pick, Jeffery's matchup this week is superior in almost every way to Brown's, including opposing CB, expected game pace, and target history. Again, both are great, but Jeffery's salary works a bit better for me.

McFadden/Deangelo is indeed a tossup for me as well. I feel like Deangelo is more trustworthy in general, but his matchup is bad, Volume could make up for it, however. McFadden's matchup is only slightly better. I'm also considering Langford here.

Reed/Bengals is a good pivot and can solve the issue of having two Chargers receivers. That said, if I were inclined to drop one of the two Chargers, it would be Johnson, not Gates.

LaFell is a very intriguing option. The Redskins rank 7th in defense vs. WR1, but are 30th vs. WR2. He should get plenty of opportunity.

LaFell is a very intriguing option. The Redskins rank 7th in defense vs. WR1, but are 30th vs. WR2. He should get plenty of opportunity.
This where I've decided to go to not be all in on Stevie and to get him out of the Gates lineup.

Carr, McFadden, Ingram, ODB, Brown, LaFell, Gates, McManus, Atlanta

Brady, Freeman, Hill, Jeffery, Crabtree, Stevie, Olsen, Gould, NYJ

Why no love for bears running back jeremy langford? He is set to get 20 plus touches against the chargers for $6,400.. Seems like a great deal

Why no love for bears running back jeremy langford? He is set to get 20 plus touches against the chargers for $6,400.. Seems like a great deal
It's the Bears and we really just don't know how he could be used or not used. I have not seen Forte "officially" out either, although I'm sure he will be. I've seen the same thing written (guaranteed 20-25 touches) this week for a number of solid RB options. Langford is close to making the cut for me, but I'm running with my four above tonight over him. Thinking about putting him in a GPP tonight though. For GPP, I also like Stewart, Denver RB (which one!), and McFadden in that same price range. Tough to use them all.

Settled (god I hope) on two Thursday night lineups, Both have Freeman, Crabtree, Nugent and jets.

Brady

Freeman

D Martin

Jeffery

Crabtree

S Johnson

Gates

Nugent

Jets

Carr

Freeman

McFadden

Jeffery

Julio

Crabtree

Bennett

Nugent

Jets

I'm really struggling with this week... idk why.

Here's where I've landed (for now) for Thursday Cash games:

Roethlisberger

Lewis

Hill

Edelman

Jeffery

Decker

Gates

Janikowski

Jets

I welcome all critiques as I really don't have a great feel for this one...

Having a Hard time passing up Brady this week these come in above 135 in estimated totals from a couple sites..

QB Tom Brady
RB Devonta Freeman
RB Darren McFadden
WR Alshon Jeffery
WR Michael Crabtree
WR Steve Johnson
TE Antonio Gates
K Kai Forbath
D Denver

or

QB Tom Brady
RB Devonta Freeman
RB DeAngelo Williams
WR Demaryius Thomas
WR Michael Crabtree
WR Steve Johnson
TE Antonio Gates
K Kai Forbath
D New England Patriots

Pretty sure I'll put one together with Rivers and/or Big Ben.. But it seems to be a "Brady Week".. :oldunsure:

Is Gates all set to play?

I dont see any news on him for this week.

Edit: Rotoworld says he's going to play...but I dont trust them

I am nervous about using Gates this week as well, especially in the Thursday contests. I took a zero a few weeks back with him in Thursday. I'm leaning towards using Eifert or Delanie instead, but the saved money doesn't help me anywhere else.

Having a Hard time passing up Brady this week these come in above 135 in estimated totals from a couple sites..

QB Tom Brady

RB Devonta Freeman

RB Darren McFadden

WR Alshon Jeffery

WR Michael Crabtree

WR Steve Johnson

TE Antonio Gates

K Kai Forbath

D Denver

or

QB Tom Brady

RB Devonta Freeman

RB DeAngelo Williams

WR Demaryius Thomas

WR Michael Crabtree

WR Steve Johnson

TE Antonio Gates

K Kai Forbath

D New England Patriots

Pretty sure I'll put one together with Rivers and/or Big Ben.. But it seems to be a "Brady Week".. :oldunsure:
. My Thursday cash lineup is your first almost player for player. Only TE, kicker, and defense are different. Going with Reed, Gostkowski, and CIN.

I am nervous about using Gates this week as well, especially in the Thursday contests. I took a zero a few weeks back with him in Thursday. I'm leaning towards using Eifert or Delanie instead, but the saved money doesn't help me anywhere else.
As a rule I don't use any player on an injury report on a Thursday cash lineup. Too much can happen between now and kick off to "gamble" on their health

i show he Gates practiced both W

As a rule I don't use any player on an injury report on a Thursday cash lineup. Too much can happen between now and kick off to "gamble" on their health
I show he practiced both Wednesday and today. Did you read somewhere that he is not practicing?

He appears fine, but he also refused an MRI because he didn't want it in his head. Chances are he plays, and well. He's in alot of my GPPs, I'm just of the school of why take the chance on a 50/50 lineup when there's other options. I certainly can't fault someone for going the other way though

Gates practiced yesterday and today. Officially listed as "limited," but his activity level is WAY up from last week.

I'm really struggling with this week... idk why.

Here's where I've landed (for now) for Thursday Cash games:

Roethlisberger

Lewis

Hill

Edelman

Jeffery

Decker

Gates

Janikowski

Jets

I welcome all critiques as I really don't have a great feel for this one...
Tweaked a bit (actually back closer to where I started this week):

Tyrod

Freeman

Hill

Edelman

Jeffery

Stevie Johnson

Gates

Janikowski

Denver

I don't feel the need to force Ben when Tyrod's dirt cheap and can easily return value. Freeman's matchup is too good to ignore, price be damned. I have a hunch Hill's scoring tonight, and getting 20 touches. The matchup is tailor-made to get him back on track. Edelman, Jeffery are both WR1s at mid-tier price points... good matchup for both too. Stevie and Gates together initially scared me off this play, but pairing them together ensures likely 40% of San Diego's pass offense (and really I could see them accounting for much more). If Stevie gets all the horizontal, possession type targets that Allen's been getting, he's a tremendous value at his cost. San Diego is going to be throwing... I think either Stevie or Gates goes off and the other has a strong game (Ladarius Green hasn't been practicing much either). Denver is expensive, but they may well pay off as you look at how punishing they've been on defense. Now they're likely getting an Indy team in turmoil - new OC, no TY Hilton, Luck playing the worst ball of his career... plus Peyton's coming home with an army. Giddy up if you can afford them.

Yea....Gates isnt worth the risk IMO...throwing Delanie in for Thrusday matches.

Also...am I crazy for using Winston in cash?

He hasnt dropped a dud yet...and the Giants are the Giants :unsure:

I am rolling with these 2 line ups for Thursday games:

Carr

Freeman

McFadden

A.Brown

Jeffrey

Crabtree

Gates

Nugent

Jets D

Big Ben

Freeman

Ingram

A.Brown

Crabtree

St. Johnson

Reed

Boswell

Falcons.

Is anyone fading Julio and Freeman? Traveling West, where the Niners have actually played pretty good D at home. Held the Packers to 17 points.

Users who are viewing this thread