What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Michael Thomas, NO (2 Viewers)

I offered James Robinson ($14) and Allen Robinson ($37), both free agents after the season and wouldn’t be kept, for Thomas ($51) on a contract thru 2022. Was accepted in 2 seconds. Sitting at 2-4. Would rather overpay a bit short term and get a solid piece (I hope) than get nothing. Depth is still fine.

I gotta say, I've had Thomas I think at least two times in redrafts, including last year, and I thought he was a pretty upstanding guy. Had no idea he's a bit of a diva. I'm really surprised.

I gotta say, I've had Thomas I think at least two times in redrafts, including last year, and I thought he was a pretty upstanding guy. Had no idea he's a bit of a diva. I'm really surprised.
first id seen of it was the offseason bashing of brees for his BLM issue. kinda snowballed from there.

Soulfly3 said:
⚡DEADHEAD⚡ said:
first id seen of it was the offseason bashing of brees for his BLM issue. kinda snowballed from there.
Thomas' big tell had been being ornery and petty on Twitter. Everybody kind of just shrugs off cuttin' up on Twitter ... but I don't know. Maybe I'm just being an old man about it.

So ... are there players who are d-bags on Twitter, but are other otherwise upstanding individuals?

Something else that, at the time, seemed like nothing but seems bigger looking back: Thomas and Brandin Cooks had some kind of (we thought) mild beef in 2016. At the time, it looked like Cooks was just being childish about not getting enough looks in the offense since Thomas' arrival. The way the news covered it back then, in fact, made Thomas look like not much of a problem at all. Later, though, trickles of rumor came out that Cooks and Thomas were not merely rivals for touches -- the two didn't get along. Maybe nothing ... point is just that now, any old business semi-involving Thomas is getting dredged back up and revisited (at least among fans and plugged-in non-journalist rumor-mongers).

Soulfly3 said:
He went after Davonte Parker on social media this past summer in a very childish way over something really inconsequential.  The warning signs have been there with Thomas for a while, but that stood out to me as one of those "he is turning into another Antonio Brown" moments.

Is this a CTE type issue?  I don’t recall hearing these things about him in the past...maybe I missed them...why would they have given him that kind of money (last year?) if he was such a mess....just seems off

Is this a CTE type issue?  I don’t recall hearing these things about him in the past...maybe I missed them...why would they have given him that kind of money (last year?) if he was such a mess....just seems off
Well, he did kind of catch 470 balls in the last 4 years and broke the all time catches record for one season with 149 last year. That's absurd production. Yeah chalk me up as one more that hadn't heard this stuff about him before either. 

Well, he did kind of catch 470 balls in the last 4 years and broke the all time catches record for one season with 149 last year. That's absurd production. Yeah chalk me up as one more that hadn't heard this stuff about him before either. 
I understand the production as I’ve had him in a dynasty league but if you are a team making the biggest investment ever in a WR my guess is you’d want to make sure he was a somewhat stable investment that you’d get your return on...otherwise deal him and let him be someone else’s problem.

I understand the production as I’ve had him in a dynasty league but if you are a team making the biggest investment ever in a WR my guess is you’d want to make sure he was a somewhat stable investment that you’d get your return on...otherwise deal him and let him be someone else’s problem.
No I know I agree. I'm surprised teams reward players *if* there are so many flags about his personality. Counterpoint would be that WRs just seem to be like that. If they're good they get paid. But......

Michael Thomas (ankle, hamstring) did not practice Wednesday.

He's dealing with a Grade 1 hamstring strain after missing several weeks with an ankle injury. This is shaping up as a lost season for Thomas, but managers should have him for the fantasy stretch run. His Week 8 status is in doubt.

Oct 28, 2020, 4:49 PM ET

Michael Thomas (hamstring, ankle) returned to Saints practice Thursday. 

This at least gives Thomas a shot at suiting up on Sunday afternoon against the Bears. We have not seen Thomas since Week 1 vs. the Bucs. It is fair to wonder how effective Thomas might be as he comes back from a pair of lower-body injuries, but there is zero doubt he will immediately be funneled voluminous targets if he plays. Drew Brees was peppering undrafted free agents a week ago. Thomas will be a clear-cut WR1 if he goes. 

Oct 29, 2020, 4:29 PM ET

Mike Triplett

⁦‪@MikeTriplett⁩

Saints WRs Michael Thomas and Marquez Callaway were both present for practice Friday. But Thomas was working individually off to the side during the early portion open to the media. We’ll get their official injury designations later this afternoon.

10/30/20, 2:11 PM

I’ve been on the brink of trading him in dynasty for weeks.  Please let this happen so I can fully jump off the fence on that idea. 

G*D DaMMIT!  Making it real hard to hang on.  If Godwin was healthy I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

Well, between injuries and byes it looks like my top 4 wrs are all out this weekend. I'll be starting three guys who I have never heard of a year ago at this time.

Well, between injuries and byes it looks like my top 4 wrs are all out this weekend. I'll be starting three guys who I have never heard of a year ago at this time.
I am excited to use Reagor on SNF.  I think he is going to absolutely EAT.

Last edited by a moderator:
G*D DaMMIT!  Making it real hard to hang on.  If Godwin was healthy I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.
lol face it man, you are attached to him.  First it was you'd do it if the deal got sweetened and then he added Tanny.  Then it was it you knew MT was out then you'd do it.  Now it's something else.  It's fine if you don't want to deal him but you're just searching for reasons not to hit accept like everyone is recommending you do.

lol face it man, you are attached to him.  First it was you'd do it if the deal got sweetened and then he added Tanny.  Then it was it you knew MT was out then you'd do it.  Now it's something else.  It's fine if you don't want to deal him but you're just searching for reasons not to hit accept like everyone is recommending you do.
Not everyone.  It's the exact opposite sentiment on the dlf dynasty advice board like I quoted above.

Or maybe they’re not playing him because they’re about to ship his ### to the Jets. That would the be the lowest he’ll be.  🤷🏼‍♂️
I'm with you... this has the smell of trade to it. 9 hrs ago I saw the dancing pickle emoji in this thread, and then 2 hrs later he's declared out? Hmm... 🤔

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
I agree something is up.  If it was a discipline move they could recover from it would be a 1 week slap on the wrist.  This seems like more.  Brees may hang it up, so they are assessing long term. May be done with him.  Just speculating.  As a Brees owner I hope he comes back

Questions on the trade rumor. who on earf would want his contract and why would they be keeping him off the field?  Don’t you want to showcase him if you’re trying to sell? 

Questions on the trade rumor. who on earf would want his contract and why would they be keeping him off the field?  Don’t you want to showcase him if you’re trying to sell? 
Hypothetically, if it’s anywhere close to done, you wouldn’t want to risk him getting a new injury or re-aggravating an old one. It would ruin the potential trade. You don’t need to showcase a guy like MT, really. He’d have to take a physical to finalize any deal that was agreed to anyways. 

Users who are viewing this thread