What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Michael Thomas, NO (5 Viewers)

The victim did have injuries from a push according to the local news video (they interviewed the guy). Witnesses said Thomas was taken away in a police car.
I feel like there's a missed joke opportunity here. Something about beating press coverage or getting separation...
Another Saints player frustrated with a Car(r)?

Story goes with that brick he laid in my lineup last week

He wasn't arrested according to a few reporters .
Sounds like a civil matter not criminal

Someone didn't move their truck day after day so he threatened a bullet or brick to the truck. Next day, threw a brick
I'm not sure what happened between last night and tonight but they say he has been arrested.
Kind of weird reporting probably due to our insane thirst for immediate news but today it does read like he called the cops and got himself arrested.
Kat writes for ESPN that it's misdemeanor court which I'm not sure fits here but that's over my head

Saints HC Dennis Allen said Michael Thomas’ recovery from a knee injury is “gonna take some time.”

This was kind of expected. Thomas exited Week 10’s contest against the Saints with what Allen called a “fairly significant” injury at the time. While he didn’t hint at whether or not Thomas would end up on injured reserve, it doesn’t sound like that option is off the table. Rookie A.T. Perry stepped in to lead the Saints with 56 snaps after Thomas left, and could be in line for a busy Week 12 against the Falcons. Still, Perry will be hard to trust for fantasy purposes with Chris Olave, Rashid Shaheed, and Alvin Kamara all ahead of him in the pecking order.

The Times Picayune’s Jeff Duncan reports the Saints are expected to release Michael Thomas.
It’s been an up-and-down few seasons for Thomas, who has battled through a myriad of injuries since breaking the single-season receptions record in 2019 when he went for 149-1725-9. Over the last four years, Thomas has played in just 20 games, totaling 95 catches for 1,057 yards and four touchdowns. His 2023 was cut short in November when the team placed him on injured reserve with a knee injury, and he dealt with a foot injury leading up to training camp. Assuming his time with the Saints is truly over, Thomas, 31, will leave the team ranking second in franchise history in receptions (565), fourth in yards (6,569), and seventh in receiving touchdowns (36).

Someone dumped him in our 14 team dynasty. I added him as my last guy on the pine. Hoping he lands somewhere to have a great 1st game to turn the pickup into a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

NewOrleans.Football’s Nick Underhill reports Saints WR Michael Thomas officially became a free agent at the start of the new league year on Wednesday.
We knew Thomas was expected to be released, but we didn’t know the complex structure of his contract made it a formality without the Saints needing to take formal action. Now 31 with just 20 appearances and 95 catches since rewriting the NFL record book in 2019, Thomas is the definition of “shell of his former self” after a series of lower-body, orthopedic injuries. It is one of the great shames of recent NFL history. Thomas’ pedigree will probably draw some rehabilitation interest on the open market, but it’s difficult to believe he can get back to an above-average level.

when the great year(s) are so recently
His last good year was 5 years ago.

That's an aeon in the NFL.
Thing is, until last year, he was still pretty good whenever he was active. I mean in 3 games in 2022 he had 3 TDs. In 2020 he had 6 full games, and topped 8-84 in 3 of them, and was on an 1192-yard pace.

I'd still want to bring him in as a cheap option that maybe plays his butt off to stay in the NFL, or he's broken down and misses most of the year, and that's no big deal because the investment was small. Somewhat similar logic with Beckham (whom I'd prefer) but he likely isn't as cheap.

A 1 year 4-5 million deal makes a lot of sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread