What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Michael Thomas, NO (4 Viewers)

Michael Thomas caught 2-of-7 targets for 22 yards in the Saints' Week 10 win over the 49ers. 

Thomas now has seven catches for 73 yards in two games back from his nagging hamstring and ankle injuries. It's hardly what Thomas drafters had in mind when they got their first round pick back. Jameis Winston, who could start Week 11 for the Saints after Drew Brees suffered a rib injury, missed Thomas twice -- once badly. Perhaps a high-scoring back-and-forth Week 11 game against the Falcons will be enough to inflate Thomas' target volume. He should remain in fantasy lineups despite the lack of production.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised at the lack of chatter in here.  Is he washed?  He's too young to be washed but maybe its the injuries?  Or just the weird gameflow last 2 weeks?

NO plays ATL 2 of the next 3 weeks so I will continue to play him obviously.  Waiting for the boom weeks though.

Surprised at the lack of chatter in here.  Is he washed?  He's too young to be washed but maybe its the injuries?  Or just the weird gameflow last 2 weeks?

NO plays ATL 2 of the next 3 weeks so I will continue to play him obviously.  Waiting for the boom weeks though.
I didn't' really watch the game but seems like NO passing game was fairly limited all around last two weeks. I'm actually seeing Winston as a lateral move at worst. Guy will just sling it and had no problem throwing picks while turning Evans & Godwin into superstars.

I didn't' really watch the game but seems like NO passing game was fairly limited all around last two weeks. I'm actually seeing Winston as a lateral move at worst. Guy will just sling it and had no problem throwing picks while turning Evans & Godwin into superstars.
For the passing game, actually think Winston might be a positive. 

We're in the Dark as to when injuries were why he wasn't on the field, when his Covid Anxiety Disorder went into full force because that's my excuse for why he is having off field or close to off field issues with teammates etc, he's never been like this. When was it actually a hammy or leg or whatever the injuries have been, info hard to get straight. 

Then you have Brees getting knocked out of the game so it's hard to gauge with Winston in there trying not to throw interceptions. 

Yeah I will just roll out the other reliable wrs on my team. *Checks roster to see what AJ Brown, Fulgham and Fuller did this week*. On second hand, I can hold on to MT for a bit longer. 
I'm getting close to finding room on my roster to elevate Tee Higgins and playing him or Claypool over MT. And this is after I traded a king's ransom for MT in the offseason .....

ahhhhh don't be one of those guys.

It was pretty damn close just one for one, plus you'd have all those other guys for your future.  Shoulda made the trade while you coulda.
What's up?  Am I supposed to rub in your face that Dobbins hasn't done crap?  He was the other big piece right?  Maybe worry about your own team.  I still think MT will outscore Godwin the rest of the year.

SCT said:
What's up?  Am I supposed to rub in your face that Dobbins hasn't done crap?  He was the other big piece right?  Maybe worry about your own team.  I still think MT will outscore Godwin the rest of the year.
Someone's a little defensive. 

Worry about my own team?  You're the one who wanted to talk about your trade over and over in the threads.

Dobbins would be a future move.  And I think Godwin outscores MT from the moment you could have made the trade. 

• Laughing
Reactions: SCT
Starting Mike Davis over him this week. What a disaster of a season. Maybe he salvages if/when Brees returning for fantasy  playoffs.

Well, to be fair, Demaryius Thomas had some big games with Tebow under center in Denver, including that 80 yard TD to beat the Steelers in the playoffs.

So, you're saying there's a chance? 

I'm just saying that, theoretically, it couldn't get much worse than it has been for MT the last couple of weeks, and Atlanta is a juicy matchup.

Well, to be fair, Demaryius Thomas had some big games with Tebow under center in Denver, including that 80 yard TD to beat the Steelers in the playoffs.

So, you're saying there's a chance? 

I'm just saying that, theoretically, it couldn't get much worse than it has been for MT the last couple of weeks, and Atlanta is a juicy matchup.
That's true. I also don't believe for a second that Winston throws less than 25 passes in this game, outside of injury. 

Michael Thomas More Of An Upside WR2

New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas has a juicy matchup on tap in Week 11 against the Falcons. However, there's just a lot of uncertainty around Thomas right now, particularly surrounding his quarterback situation. There were already some question marks about his potential effectiveness with Jameis Winston, but now it will reportedly be Taysom Hill- who has 18 career passes- throwing him balls. Thomas should be downgraded slightly because of the risk with Hill under center. However, the All-Pro wideout proved last year that he could be effective without Drew Brees (ribs, lung). He should remain in lineups as an upside WR2 with the potential for more if Hill is as good as the Saints believe he is.--Tim Capurso - RotoBaller

Razors Edge said:
What is Payton doing? Is this just proof of another arrogant coach trying to do things outside the norm to prove how great he is at decision making?

There is no rational reason to start Hill. Nothing on film and nothing in his play when he actually throws the ball. 

Im not buying Winston isnt playing when they are still very well alive for the div title. Start? Maybe by technicality he doesnt.

If Im wrong fine, and it wouldnt be the first time. But logic says here Payton is pulling legs with gamesmanship. He didnt name a starter, a reporter did and when asked he didnt declare.

No way an educated coach who doesnt want to lose his team plays Hill as QB all game.
Agreed. I have no doubt that Hill will play a lot. But Winston is going to throw the ball a lot. Regardless of who comes in the game on the first play.

if Hill plays most of the game at QB MT is toast.  Hill is not a QB.  He's a gadget.   
Playing devil's advocate here, but could it really get much worse than it has been? MT has been toast all year. Maybe, Hill can actually spread some jelly on it. 

Demaryius Thomas did have some huge games with Tebow under center, you know. May regret it, but gonna roll MT out one more time against a putrid pass D, with a prove it or lose it mind set. If not this week, then burnt toast he is.

if Hill plays most of the game at QB MT is toast.  Hill is not a QB.  He's a gadget.   

Could it really get much worse than it has been? MT has been toast all year. Maybe, Hill can actually spread some jelly on it. 
Took 11 weeks and  a QB change, but things are suddenly looking up for the home stretch for those that bought or held.

We all knew that MT was/is a certified stud WR, so it makes me wonder if the schism from last summer's blow-up between them, about the National Anthem and kneeling, really created a chemistry issue, both off and on the field.

Michael Thomas caught 4-of-6 targets for 50 yards in the Saints' Week 12 win against Denver. 

Thomas was the lone New Orleans receiver to eclipse 16 yards on the day in the Saints' Taysom Hill-led ultra-run heavy offense. His six targets led the team in the blowout victory. Thomas should be a decent WR2 option next week against Atlanta barring a Saints blowout win. In Week 11 against the Falcons, Thomas caught 9-of-12 targets for 104 yards, commanding 52 percent of Hill's passes. 

- Rotoworld

Michael Thomas (ankle) remained "limited" for Thursday's practice.

Thomas' ankle is no longer a concern. Taysom Hill is, though even in Hill's nine-completion Week 12, four of them managed to go to Thomas. The duo is rematching with a Falcons defense Thomas got for 9/104 in Week 11. Thomas can be pinned to the WR1/2 borderline. 

Dec 3, 2020, 8:00 PM ET

Michael Thomas (ankle) didn't practice Wednesday.

It's likely a maintenance day for Thomas, who missed six games with ankle and hamstring injuries. Thomas caught all eight of his targets for 84 yards in a loss to the Eagles last week.

Dec 16, 2020, 4:35 PM ET

Rotoworld

Michael Thomas (ankle) remained sidelined for Thursday's practice. 

It's a little hard to know what to make of this, as the Saints are one of the league's most opaque teams when it comes to injury information. What we do know is that this has not been Thomas' recent routine. We suppose he should be considered genuinely questionable for Sunday's showdown with the Chiefs, but even a "limited" session on Friday would have him fully on track to suit up. Managers alive for the fantasy semifinals need to be monitoring the situation, but it is not yet time to panic. 

Dec 17, 2020, 4:30 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread