What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kenyan Drake, LV (1 Viewer)

He was basically a decoy out there. He was open for several passes and either the QB couldn't connect or was ignored for a receiver downfield. I think the most frustrating part was him being out there in the red zone and not getting a carry, especially when they had the ball inside the 5 and just threw the ball (even early in the first half).
He seems to be the primary RB in goal line situations although Williams was used there too. But when they get near the EZ they like to play action. Happened when Ajayi was there too. 

He seems to be the primary RB in goal line situations although Williams was used there too. But when they get near the EZ they like to play action. Happened when Ajayi was there too. 
That was the worst play-action fake I may have ever seen. He was so far away from Drake that I didn't even get the satisfaction of being teased for a second. 

I remember another play where Cutler had Drake wide open, but forced it to Landry that TB intercepted.

TB seemed to lay back in coverage, but both of those QBs are dolts and would rather force passes into coverage. 

That was the worst play-action fake I may have ever seen. He was so far away from Drake that I didn't even get the satisfaction of being teased for a second. 

I remember another play where Cutler had Drake wide open, but forced it to Landry that TB intercepted.

TB seemed to lay back in coverage, but both of those QBs are dolts and would rather force passes into coverage. 
In the first post-Ajayi game both Drake and Williams were huge parts of the passing game and you could make a strong argument that's the best the offense has looked all season. Certainly with Cutler. But in the last two games Drake has pretty much been phased out of the passing game. It's easy to just say "Gase sucks" but I'd be interested to know what the coaches saw from Drake in his 6-reception game that led them to conclude he shouldn't be used in that capacity again.

Huge game ahead. :popcorn:  
Should be huge volume, and DEN has given up the 3rd most FFPA to RBs over the last month. Was kind of shocked there’s been zero chatter in TSP on him this week.

I have Bell, Collins, Mixon, & Perine so I passed. Short bench - wish I had room because this is exactly the kind of volume play you wanna add late season when we start seeing RB injuries pile up.

Good matchup Week 14, high floor in PPR

Not loving the remainder of his playoff schedule 

Last edited by a moderator:
He was dropped in Week 12 and I picked him up in Week 13 (dropped Martin). I'll probably start him in place of J.Howard this week.

Having a hard time trusting him this week. Not so much from what I see from him but more from the Dolphins offense in general and that they will be playing the Pats. Could see the Pats try to shut down Drake and force Cutler to beat them or get up big on the Dolphins which will take Drake out of the game script. 

Having a hard time trusting him this week. Not so much from what I see from him but more from the Dolphins offense in general and that they will be playing the Pats. Could see the Pats try to shut down Drake and force Cutler to beat them or get up big on the Dolphins which will take Drake out of the game script. 
Sure its the Dolphins.

I don't think the Patriots defense is that good though. As long as Williams is out Drake should see plenty of volume, even if the Dolphins are losing. Drake had 5 targets in the passing game last week in a winning effort. He had 6 targets a few weeks ago (the game after Ajayi was traded). 

Pats of course a shoe in to win the game, but that doesn't mean Drake won't have plenty of opportunity in my view.

If Williams is back then sure as the two have split opportunities in that scenario.

Who's liking Drake against NE poor rush D, or does game flow scare you?
I'm liking him - A LOT!  :thumbup:

Seriously, he's in a good situation.  Who else do the Dolphins have?  Unless you have much better choices, you don't bench the starting pass catching running back who's going to get a ton of volume.

I'm liking him - A LOT!  :thumbup:

Seriously, he's in a good situation.  Who else do the Dolphins have?  Unless you have much better choices, you don't bench the starting pass catching running back who's going to get a ton of volume.
Looking at starting Drake over Lewis in FLEX

Looking at starting Drake over Lewis in FLEX
I think that would be the smart move.  Drake has also shown us enough that he's explosive, even against better Defenses.

Plus, you have enough faith to start a NE running back?  I vowed years ago to never, ever draft or start a NE running back because of Belicheck and his being too unpredictable.

Sure its the Dolphins.

I don't think the Patriots defense is that good though. As long as Williams is out Drake should see plenty of volume, even if the Dolphins are losing. Drake had 5 targets in the passing game last week in a winning effort. He had 6 targets a few weeks ago (the game after Ajayi was traded). 

Pats of course a shoe in to win the game, but that doesn't mean Drake won't have plenty of opportunity in my view.

If Williams is back then sure as the two have split opportunities in that scenario.
You don't think the pats defense has improved?  They look way better than the first month of season

You don't think the pats defense has improved?  They look way better than the first month of season
The likely have. Emperor Palpatine isn't going to just sit still.

They just gave up 183 rushing yards to the Bills in their last game though, the 2 worst game against the run since week one against the Chiefs. So maybe not.

They did hold the Dolphins to 67 rushing yards just two weeks ago however.

Please tell me these fools will continue to let Drake be the bell cow when Williams returns. 

Is this guy gonna be the main guy next year? Added him in my main dynasty league and would be a huge boost to it if he is. Or is he gonna get Tre masoned and end up having a higher profile name picked in the draft 

I've only really been looking at the box scores and saw some of his long TD runs but he seems to be doing very good so the chance is there but are the dolphins really gonna stick with him

Is this guy gonna be the main guy next year? Added him in my main dynasty league and would be a huge boost to it if he is. Or is he gonna get Tre masoned and end up having a higher profile name picked in the draft 

I've only really been looking at the box scores and saw some of his long TD runs but he seems to be doing very good so the chance is there but are the dolphins really gonna stick with him
In my opinion.....yes. He is showing every week he can be the man in Miami. His pass protection is getting better and better and he is a dynamic back. 

Love his upside. It is all there for him to seize and he is doing it every week.

How do you have Drake and Ajayi and play Damien Williams half the snaps? Hopefully they get a decent coach next year.
Drake battled injuries in his rookie season. He missed a lot of time and a lot of practice. This is essentially his rookie season. Ajayi was coming off a pro bowl caliber year. Williams is a very hard worker and had a lights out camp this season. He was also trusted in pass protection. 

This is typical of the NFL. You keep your head down, work hard and wait for your opportunity. 

Drake got his and he is making the most of it. This coach and staff drafted him so they know exactly what they drafted. 

Drake battled injuries in his rookie season. He missed a lot of time and a lot of practice. This is essentially his rookie season. Ajayi was coming off a pro bowl caliber year. Williams is a very hard worker and had a lights out camp this season. He was also trusted in pass protection. 

This is typical of the NFL. You keep your head down, work hard and wait for your opportunity. 

Drake got his and he is making the most of it. This coach and staff drafted him so they know exactly what they drafted. 
I disagree. I don’t think the coaches had any idea and if Williams didn’t get hurt and Ajayi traded he’d be watching from the bench.

I disagree. I don’t think the coaches had any idea and if Williams didn’t get hurt and Ajayi traded he’d be watching from the bench.
So be it. But that is the deal down here. He was drafted by this coach, hurt a lot last season, was not having a great camp this off season, stayed the course, worked hard. Number was called.

You think they trade Ajayi not knowing what they have in Drake? Come on man.

I'm starting him over M. Gordon this week assuming the Buffalo weather is decent. With Gordon on a slow and steady decline, I'm confident Drake can get me 112-15 pts for a floor (PPR) and his upside is higher then Gordon.

Funny how this game turns out.   I am the second place team in our league heading into the playoffs and my starting RBs will be Kenyon Drake and Rex Burkhead.  I did not even know who these guys were at the start of the season.

Funny how this game turns out.   I am the second place team in our league heading into the playoffs and my starting RBs will be Kenyon Drake and Rex Burkhead.  I did not even know who these guys were at the start of the season.
My 15 year dynasty league.....I had a bye week.

Here are my starting RB's

McCoy

Collins

Drake

J.Williams

L.Miller

Darkwa

Picked all of them up off waivers. Williams and Collins for 0 bid bucks (week 2 Collins was picked up) and I picked up Williams after Jones first start for nothing. Then I bid $94 bucks on Drake right after the Ajayi trade. 

Working that wire is always key.

Todem said:
So be it. But that is the deal down here. He was drafted by this coach, hurt a lot last season, was not having a great camp this off season, stayed the course, worked hard. Number was called.

You think they trade Ajayi not knowing what they have in Drake? Come on man.
not to mention that Williams is a great receiver, blocker, and knows the system inside and out. I've always been a fan. 

got him in the flex spot. 
Sits in my flex spot too. I'm hearing it's a tough match up against KC rush D, but if they find him in the linebacker area for short passes Drake may gets chunks of yardage. I have him in over Dion to give perspective. Both are very close to play in the FLEX this week. I'd like to see a close game with scoring from both teams. The way Cutler plays in this game could be the key?

I have Drake in over Howard too.

I hope he's one of those late season pickups that wins championships.
I hope so too.  At this point I think you can't not start him given his past couple of weeks but the comments by the coach make me a little nervous

Per Rotoworld, D Williams is listed as doubtful.  Hope that's the case.
I think I read Williams is out and is a big reason why Drake is getting sooo many carries and play time. OC would not normally do it this way, but Drake is holding up and only two games left. In my FLEX and enjoying the ride the last few weeks. He really looks good too!

Is Drake the undisputed #1 in Miami? I admittedly liked what I saw but I don't own him and did not follow closely this season. If they don't draft someone high do we think he would be the lead in a timeshare or something more like an actual workhorse?

Is Drake the undisputed #1 in Miami? I admittedly liked what I saw but I don't own him and did not follow closely this season. If they don't draft someone high do we think he would be the lead in a timeshare or something more like an actual workhorse?
He was very good to me this year but he only was used like an actual workhorse when they had no choice. My guess is that's the plan. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I won't pay his price if his price is that of an actual workhorse.

I just heard of him going for a mid 2nd. And someone was debating Kupp/Jordy for Drake. I said I think I like Drake if they moved Ajayi to feature him. But I'm not sure if that narrative is right or not. My understanding had been that moving Ajayi was partly an endorsement of Drake.

Users who are viewing this thread