What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (11 Viewers)

I'll be posting stats as we move along, nothing funny as of yet, just simple numbers, we're averaging Class 1 obesity (assuming an average of 6' tall):

22 posters in, combined weight of almost 5300 pounds and an average close to 241 pounds per participant.

I just ate a salad for lunch. A salad. Oh but there was at least bacon in it, yiu say to yourself. No. No there wasn't.  Oh but surely you did it because it's all they had and you were in a rush.

No, not that either.  Well then obviously you were trying to get that chick who you overheard say that she only gives head to guys she doesn't know who are eating a salad to notice you.  

Nope. Just a regular old salad. With pea shoots. 

Pea shoots. Salad.  Neither of those words are code for steak and bourbon. Eff this effing eff. 

Your call. I don't even remember if you're close to my weight. 
I'm not.  Should weigh in at 270 +/- 5 lbs.  I'll let you make the call because my preference would be net pounds but that's probably an advantage to me.

I'd marry that. 

I might be a food addict. 

Seriously,  beef lo mein, fried dumplings and sesame chicken might be my epitaph. 
The noodle was a Dandan with some spicy chile oil, never had it before - it was delicious. 

I usually go steamed dumplings, but being that I'm going to be dieting/exercising seriously, I went fried - so ####### good!

I'm not.  Should weigh in at 270 +/- 5 lbs.  I'll let you make the call because my preference would be net pounds but that's probably an advantage to me.
Yeah I think that does give you a bit of an advantage. Let's just stick with the percentage since that's how the charity bet is going,  too. 

I start tomorrow. 

My lunch, still a holiday.
Oh my god that looks so good. 

I actually have leftover Chinese food in the fridge not too dissimilar from that. Which is why it's a good thing I'm sick right now I think. Significantly lowering intake today and it helps that I feel like crap and am not hungry. Some soup and a chicken breast for lunch. 

I'm destroying a potato meal right now that is amazing.  My staple a while ago.  Takes time though, and only really was able to do it because I'm not working today.  Boil a bunch of potatoes.  Put them in the fridge for half a day.  Take them out, cut into wedges.  A little cooking spray, salt, sprinkle crushed red pepper.  450 till they start turning black.  Take them out, top with Rao's marinara sauce, a little garlic powder, a little more crushed red pepper.  Light dusting of Parmesan cheese.  Easiest "diet" known to mankind.    

Can't believe nobody else is on board with the Potato Hack.  

That's ok.  If history has taught us anything, it's that it's often a lonely road to the top.

I'm destroying a potato meal right now that is amazing.  My staple a while ago.  Takes time though, and only really was able to do it because I'm not working today.  Boil a bunch of potatoes.  Put them in the fridge for half a day.  Take them out, cut into wedges.  A little cooking spray, salt, sprinkle crushed red pepper.  450 till they start turning black.  Take them out, top with Rao's marinara sauce, a little garlic powder, a little more crushed red pepper.  Light dusting of Parmesan cheese.  Easiest "diet" known to mankind.    

That's ok.  If history has taught us anything, it's that it's often a lonely road to the top.
I was on Team Woz last contest. And, my instincts were proven correct since you gained weight instead of losing weight. However, I think you are going to be one of the front runners this time. I'm jumping ship to Team Otis. Do this for your fans. 

I was on Team Woz last contest. And, my instincts were proven correct since you gained weight instead of losing weight. However, I think you are going to be one of the front runners this time. I'm jumping ship to Team Otis. Do this for your fans. 
:lmao:  it's day one. Otis would go hard for like 2-3 days last competition and lose like 7 lbs then put on 10. He's only consistent in his inconsistency. But hey, hook your wagon to that horse who looks strong right out of the gate. Don't come crawling back in a couple of weeks when your horse has broken a leg and you need to mercy kill him. 

Silly rabbit, this is a turtle race. 

:lmao:  it's day one. Otis would go hard for like 2-3 days last competition and lose like 7 lbs then put on 10. He's only consistent in his inconsistency. But hey, hook your wagon to that horse who looks strong right out of the gate. Don't come crawling back in a couple of weeks when your horse has broken a leg and you need to mercy kill him. 

Silly rabbit, this is a turtle race. 
Don't get me wrong.  You proved last contest that you can lose weight and I'm sure that you will do well again.  However, Otis seems to be serious this time but he needs all the support that he can get.   

I am only playing along at home but had a great workout today. Everyone needs to get moving.

Day 1:

3 cups of black coffee

orange

grilled chicken salad

water

I'm giving the rest of the liquor in the house to my BIL - poured out the last three beers.  LET'S DO THIS!!!  :football:

Don't get me wrong.  You proved last contest that you can lose weight and I'm sure that you will do well again.  However, Otis seems to be serious this time but he needs all the support that he can get.   

I am only playing along at home but had a great workout today. Everyone needs to get moving.
I think heavy workouts won't be the key to success for most of us - too many fatties that will give in to hunger.  I plan to just walk and walk and walk and walk.

I think heavy workouts won't be the key to success for most of us - too many fatties that will give in to hunger.  I plan to just walk and walk and walk and walk.
You are probably correct. I have a different goal than most of you chubsters. I may lose very little weight on the scale but will try to trade some fat for muscle. In any case, everyone should get some cardio in for heart health. 

AAABatteries said:
Day 1:

3 cups of black coffee

orange

grilled chicken salad

water

I'm giving the rest of the liquor in the house to my BIL - poured out the last three beers.  LET'S DO THIS!!!  :football:
Nice! 

One cup of black coffee.

2 handfuls of almonds.

One mile run, 50 kettle ball swing squats, 20 minutes on the heavy bag, another one mile run.

Grilled fish and veggies for dinner later.

It's on ??

Otis said:

Full spud, as of today. I lost 60 lbs in no time. Have probably put 20-25 back on, we'll see in a bit with the official weigh in, but the Holidays were a blur of prime rib and cookies.

And the potatoes with Rao's marinara are money. I could (and will) eat that every day and not get sick of it.

AAABatteries said:
Day 1:

3 cups of black coffee

orange

grilled chicken salad

water

Keto over here

coffee with splash of almond milk

6 eggs

half of a pack of bacon

12 almonds

Water

@fantasycurse42 official weigh-in, 246.4 lbs, 5'11" official BMI=40 lbs of oatmeal in a hefty bag.

Goal by 4/1- <205, so about 40 lbs in 12 weeks. Done.

and if anyone wants side bet action, I'd be willing to join in on some for additional motivation. I'd be willing to throw another hundred in a community pot, or go head-to-head. Terms negotiable.

Full spud, as of today. I lost 60 lbs in no time. Have probably put 20-25 back on, we'll see in a bit with the official weigh in, but the Holidays were a blur of prime rib and cookies.

And the potatoes with Rao's marinara are money. I could (and will) eat that every day and not get sick of it.
I've eaten 60 lbs of potatoes over the past 3 months and I've yet to try them with marinara.  THAT CHANGES TONIGHT!!!

I've eaten 60 lbs of potatoes over the past 3 months and I've yet to try them with marinara.  THAT CHANGES TONIGHT!!!
:thumbup:  if you haven't tried the Rao's brand, do yourself a favor and go get some. The absolute best jarred sauce ever. Around here, they started selling it in WalMart and Sam's Club, so distribution should be nationwide.

This will be like that Captain America movie except here half our fat heroes are going keto  and the other half potatoes.  I just picture fat guys in tights from both sides running towards each other for the epic battle. 
All the slow motion jiggling might nauseate the audience.

:thumbup:  if you haven't tried the Rao's brand, do yourself a favor and go get some. The absolute best jarred sauce ever. Around here, they started selling it in WalMart and Sam's Club, so distribution should be nationwide.
Sorry I'm nothing but a Victorias guy from Costco.   Glad you found a jar sauce that you love.   Its a great thing to discover.   

Wish I could contribute here but my lack of kids has left me a relatively stress free life that has granted my 18 year old me and my 37 year old me the same girlish figure.

Good luck to all those in this mess. Make a new you in 2017!

Users who are viewing this thread