What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (13 Viewers)

Why?

If anything, you WANT these people in your gym. These people that have memberships and never go are what's keeping your gym open. If everyone with a membership went routinely, your buddy would be complaining that the gym is packed all the time (and he has no room to set down his gallon jug of water).
Exactly! 

I always* loved these people bc they kept the gym doors open. 

* by always I mean pre-chubby me 

Last edited by a moderator:
not the best day but have had worse

breakfast - coffee

lunch - burrito bowl (rice, chicken, cheese, lettuce, olives)   did have a few chips

skim latte

I'd say 90% of people fail to maintain weight loss without surgery.  Could be higher.  I'd buy 95%.  

There are too many internal and external mechanisms talking your body into finding it's way back to it's fattest self (and then some). 
Particularly true of keto  diets. Meta studies show them as the most weight loss at 3 and 6 months and often the least at 12 months because who the hell really wants to eat like that for the rest of their life .

I like Dr Pepper.
So do I. But I like beer and wine and smoothies so much better.

honestly one of the easiest things for me to do is going to be to cut out sodas and other unhealthy juices completely. 

Alcohol will be tough on the weekends. 

So do I. But I like beer and wine and smoothies so much better.

honestly one of the easiest things for me to do is going to be to cut out sodas and other unhealthy juices completely. 

Alcohol will be tough on the weekends. 
Due to health issues that have been leading up to my involvement here, I have not partaken in adult beverages of any kind for close to two months now.  And just so you can track the supreme awfulness of that statement, that means that there was no alcohol for the following:

8 football Sunday's / Saturday's / Thursday night games

Thanksgiving

Christmas Eve

Christmas

5 parties in various friends places

home poker game where top shelf is more of a requirement that 4 suits of cards

New Year's Eve

New Year's day

general regular drinking of a glass here and there after a full day in court - like today where I just wrapped up a trial that has been taking the better part of a month of my life, slugfest, won everything I needed to win, and would usually celebrate by hitting my favorite store of adult drinks for two bottles of bourbon.... but no, not this guy.  Doctor says no so I have to celebrate this win with...................................................... water? coffee?  tea?  I might as well just wear a fanny pack.

Due to health issues that have been leading up to my involvement here, I have not partaken in adult beverages of any kind for close to two months now.  And just so you can track the supreme awfulness of that statement, that means that there was no alcohol for the following:

8 football Sunday's / Saturday's / Thursday night games

Thanksgiving

Christmas Eve

Christmas

5 parties in various friends places

home poker game where top shelf is more of a requirement that 4 suits of cards

New Year's Eve

New Year's day

general regular drinking of a glass here and there after a full day in court - like today where I just wrapped up a trial that has been taking the better part of a month of my life, slugfest, won everything I needed to win, and would usually celebrate by hitting my favorite store of adult drinks for two bottles of bourbon.... but no, not this guy.  Doctor says no so I have to celebrate this win with...................................................... water? coffee?  tea?  I might as well just wear a fanny pack.
I can already taste the first ice cold beer that I'll drink in April

[icon] said:
True Story... my buddy who was a serious gym rat (and had a physique that said "don't #### with me") used to custom make "anti-resolutioners" t-shirts with sharpie handwriting on plain white Tees and wear them to the gym during the month of January.

Sampling of the slogans: 
"Nougat is not a food group"
"Only 31 days in January... better get to work!" 
"My resolution is to fit into this shirt" (on a 2 sizes too small pink tshirt" 

Clearly a #### move to discourage folks "trying".... but at the same time I get that it sucks to have to fight for equipment from folks you know will wash out in a week or three. He got a lot of laughing head-shakes from staff.... a lot of high fives from the other meat-heads...etc. Thankfully no barkless resolutioners got bent out of shape over it... but this was 4-5 years ago. Nowadays there would probably be an army of social justice warriors calling for his head over a fairly innocuous prank that's well-grounded in reality. 

Sounds like a great guy.  Trying to intimidate/mock people with good intentions so they don't get in his way.  Does he vacation at the Jersey Shore by any chance?  If not he should, he'd fit right in.   

So need a ruling here on getting in on this.  No idea how I missed this thread, but lord knows I can just about feel my stomach holding up my chin these days.  Race scheduled 4/8, so I need the motivation to drop some decent weight.  

Weigh in this morning - 194.4.lbs.  I was just as tubby yesterday.

Am I in or do I go home and eat chocolate cake?

I'm struggling to recount what I eat today but I think so far it was:

- 2 Triscuits

- chicken vegetable soup (homemade) with two (2) pieces of bread to dip in

- 2 coffees

- water

Maybe I'll have dinner.  Maybe not.  I'll see.

I've been posting intermittently while in the court complex all day.  Everyone woke up late this morning so I barely had time to make and drink my protein shake that I have to have in the morning with all my pills.  God that makes me sound old just reading it.  Like I should have a glass of warm water with lemon too.  Eff this getting old stuff.

"Snacks" such as they were consisted of sugar free honey lemon cough drops - a must for anyone arguing on their feet in a courtroom to make sure the vocal chords stay nice and lubricated and you can breathe through your nose so you don't look like a caveman sitting at counsel table with your mouth open while the other attorney talks because if there is one thing that judge's and their staff love to see in the courtroom it's a stupid looking attorney drooling on himself like he should be a patient.

Oh and water.

Just managed to stop at WaWa and get a bowl of tuna with spinach. 

Christ, I'm that guy now.  Medicine, water, spinach.... popeye's disabled uncle I am.

Also grabbed a pear.  Oh and water.  Because apparently, and this is true, God decided that in His infinite wisdom that he would give us the corn and the wheat and barrels and the time, but alas, bourbon would be bad for you and so you should drink water.  That stuff that was flowing in the Garden of Eden so much that Eve said eff this tuff I'm eating the bad apple to get out of here and find a bar.

Genesis 1:9

I think for dinner I will drive by a Chinese buffet and cry.

I've been posting intermittently while in the court complex all day.  Everyone woke up late this morning so I barely had time to make and drink my protein shake that I have to have in the morning with all my pills.  God that makes me sound old just reading it.  Like I should have a glass of warm water with lemon too.  Eff this getting old stuff.

"Snacks" such as they were consisted of sugar free honey lemon cough drops - a must for anyone arguing on their feet in a courtroom to make sure the vocal chords stay nice and lubricated and you can breathe through your nose so you don't look like a caveman sitting at counsel table with your mouth open while the other attorney talks because if there is one thing that judge's and their staff love to see in the courtroom it's a stupid looking attorney drooling on himself like he should be a patient.

Oh and water.

Just managed to stop at WaWa and get a bowl of tuna with spinach. 

Christ, I'm that guy now.  Medicine, water, spinach.... popeye's disabled uncle I am.

Also grabbed a pear.  Oh and water.  Because apparently, and this is true, God decided that in His infinite wisdom that he would give us the corn and the wheat and barrels and the time, but alas, bourbon would be bad for you and so you should drink water.  That stuff that was flowing in the Garden of Eden so much that Eve said eff this tuff I'm eating the bad apple to get out of here and find a bar.

Genesis 1:9

I think for dinner I will drive by a Chinese buffet and cry.
I couldn't walk into a wawa and not walk out without a meatball sub and a wawa peach iced tea

:coffee:

Oh hey guys.  Didn't notice you there.  Who, me?  Oh, nothing.  I'm just over here.  Quietly winning.

-Oats
I guess the fact that you're ignoring me means no go on donating $100 to charity?   I'd consider the $33 a month well spent if I can get anywhere close to 10% off my frame.  (No way I'm going to win - I'd bet heavily on BnB right now).

Off to the first official workout of 2017.  

So need a ruling here on getting in on this.  No idea how I missed this thread, but lord knows I can just about feel my stomach holding up my chin these days.  Race scheduled 4/8, so I need the motivation to drop some decent weight.  

Weigh in this morning - 194.4.lbs.  I was just as tubby yesterday.

Am I in or do I go home and eat chocolate cake?
Welcome aboard.

This is great.  Adding to the first post.  You should add, at the bottom of each column a TOTAL WEIGHT and AVERAGE WEIGHT cell.  Would be fun to watch that change over time.
Done

I guess the fact that you're ignoring me means no go on donating $100 to charity?   I'd consider the $33 a month well spent if I can get anywhere close to 10% off my frame.  (No way I'm going to win - I'd bet heavily on BnB right now).

Off to the first official workout of 2017.  
Nice, looks like FC24 already got you covered.  See the X next to your name below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WtyqeeqB6DXOPm1uN2vQfTpLBIrsw7Gz0QNRm92PBjM/edit#gid=0

Stage 1:  Oats tells us all how little he's eaten and why do we fatties have to stuff our face with rice and plain yogurt.

Stage 2:  Usually involves an intoxicated Oats happily posting about the 8k calories he's consumed up to that point.  That's my favorite stage.

Stage 3:  Unknown.  We've never reached Stage 3.

We are currently fully immersed in Stage 1.  I'd bet we'll get to Stage 2 well before the end of the month. 

Just got back from the store. http://imgur.com/mJmfKYO

Blowing it out on my evening snack  http://imgur.com/7g6YPYk

1. Two carrots

2. 1 cup mixed greens

3. 6 stalks of kale

4. 1 cup of diet tea

Blend until it looks like something the dog vommited.  

Wow this is filling.  In about a half an hour after I consume this I'll be at 109 calories on the day.

Went to one of those Brazilian steakouts with meat on swords today :thumbup:
Be careful saying that kind of stuff in this thread. Before you know it--your portable devices will be hacked, they will use GPS to find you--and send a giant dude that goes by the name of "Tiny" to hunt you down.   With that being said--those Brazilian steakhouses are amazing.  

Went to one of those Brazilian steakouts with meat on swords today :thumbup:
Sounds revolting. I don't believe in putting that crap in my body. It is a temple. 

Although for dinner I had a half of a chicken patty sandwich my kid didn't eat.  I slammed a Kashi grain bar to close out the day. Stuffed. 

Cant be more than 800cals on the day. 

Sounds revolting. I don't believe in putting that crap in my body. It is a temple. 

Although for dinner I had a half of a chicken patty sandwich my kid didn't eat.  I slammed a Kashi grain bar to close out the day. Stuffed. 

Cant be more than 800cals on the day. 
Yogurt, salad, skinny pop popcorn, 3 pieces of rigatoni, & 2 spoons of the goober pb&j mix - this isn't sustainable.

300 push-ups, 5 minutes of planking, 75 leg lifts.

Ugh...Not a banner day.  Granola bar, one cookie, two mini York peppermint patties, chicken wrap sandwich, 1/4 smoked chicken, 1 cup baked beans, 1/2 loaded baked potatoe (no sour cream).  In law's finally leaving tomorrow, hopefully dinner will be better 

Holy crap those York's are awful.  Won't have those anymore....Ended up about 50-100 calories over goal (2 lb loss/week).  Not as bad as I thought

I really struggle at night. Had a really good day. Scrambled eggs for breakfast. Spaghetti squash with a couple meatballs and red sauce for lunch. Salmon and asparagus for dinner. Drank nothing but water and tea all day  

And now that I'm feeling a bit better and relaxed, just ate a half bag of pirate booty and a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter. :bag:

I really struggle at night. Had a really good day. Scrambled eggs for breakfast. Spaghetti squash with a couple meatballs and red sauce for lunch. Salmon and asparagus for dinner. Drank nothing but water and tea all day  

And now that I'm feeling a bit better and relaxed, just ate a half bag of pirate booty and a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter. :bag:
Add some protein shake to this imo

Users who are viewing this thread