What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (12 Viewers)

Started off my big day with desires of Jupiter Donuts, oh there is really such a place with "Out of this World" donuts including old fashioned style built to dunk in coffee, 3 different jelly styles, chocolate-chocolate that are better than cake and Holland Cremes that just melt in your mouth...

However those images somehow were good enough vs the real thing and we started the day with a walk and then some fruit and I have the rest of the day to find something else to derail me. 

This is starting to just feel like what I do every day. wake up, get a nice 2-3 mile walk in and get the day rolling. Hoping for some bilateral motion in the bedroom later 😉 or any room for that matter.  

1500+ at about the half way mark, Mrs went over 1,000 yesterday. 

Currently eating triple cream Brie cheese and an unreal goat cheese for dessert. With a nice French Pinot.  

Might have 2nd dessert later. :pickle:
I was so mad last night when I went to eat some ice cream.  I realized that I bought "Moose Tracks" ice cream when I meant to buy "Otter Paws" ice cream. 

Now I have to patch this hole I made in the kitchen wall.   :hot:

I haven't been tracking.  And haven't been eating well.  Except now I am.  Yesterday ate very light and healthy, no junk food.  Went with a few white wine spritzers before bed, didn't overdo it.  Woke up and rowed a 10k, followed by some push ups.  At my desk and working now.  

Momentum building.  Feeling, dare I say, athletic.

I haven't been tracking.  And haven't been eating well.  Except now I am.  Yesterday ate very light and healthy, no junk food.  Went with a few white wine spritzers before bed, didn't overdo it.  Woke up and rowed a 10k, followed by some push ups.  At my desk and working now.  

Momentum building.  Feeling, dare I say, athletic.
bruh...

how many push ups?  they will make you sore.  you gotta push through that.  and keep adding to them.  even if it's  only 1 or 2 more, each time.  at least until you get to 25.

I used to do tons of push ups when I was 22 and handsome.  Would elevate my feet up on the couch to make them harder. 

I did 15. I’ll keep adding. 

Oh I also did a 2 mile walk and a 2 mile bike ride. Look at me!  I’m like a triathlete!
Take a bath, toss your kid in the air, play a little Call of Duty, and jump into your bed tonight and you're practically a decathlete.

4/1 - 295.2 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 565 active cal; 739 total cal.  60 Total Minutes.

4/2 - 296.0 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 617 active cal; 790 total cal.  120 total Minutes.

4/3 - 296.6 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 601 active cal; 776 total cal.  180 Total Minutes.

4/4 - 296.0 lbs: 30 min recumbent bike; 261 active cal; 347 total cal.  210 total minutes.  

4/5 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 414 active cal.; 544 total cal.  255 total minutes.

4/6 - 294.8 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 486 active cal.; 616 total cal.  300 total minutes.

4/7 - 294.4 lbs; 24 min walk & 30 min recumbent bike; 405 active cal; 561 total cal; 354 total minutes.

4/8 - 294.4 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 281 active cal; 305 total cal.  384 total minutes.  

4/9 - 294.4 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 267 active cal; 354 total cal.  414 total minutes.

4/10 - 293.8 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 541 active cal; 713 total cal.  474 Total Minutes.

4/11 - 293.4 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 482 active cal; 654 total cal.  534 Total Minutes.

4/12 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 365 active cal; 495 total cal; 579 Total minutes.

4/13 -294.6 lbs; 0 minutes; 579 total minutes.

4/14 - 294.0 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 339 active cal; 469 Total cal; 624 Total minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're going to set a record down here today, air temperature is hovering around 96-98 degrees today, knew this was coming after such good weather in general the last 2 weeks as I was starting this kick. Humidity is way up today. 

Feels like is about 105, set to Thunderstorm around 6:00 today, new pattern of afternoon and evening rain as we start the April Showers. Florida where I am, desperately needs the rain. I have always been fairly good at predicting the upcoming Hurricane season...not looking good this year IMHO. If the ground is wet, we usually manage to skirt most storms but it's been dry and mother nature usually does not respond well when we don't get enough rain. 

1525 going into today puts me at 1585 and hoping to dodge rain this evening for either walk/bike. Not sure I can make it to the 3,000 club but 2,500 is looking more and more doable. The heat and humidity plus daily rain threats will make an interesting next couple weeks while I try and continue this track. 

One of the best lessons in this thread over the last 2 weeks is just how much the food intake and not necessarily exercise impacts the overall picture.  

Yesterday was the first day in over three weeks that I didn't get any walking or running in. I just didn't feel like it, and I figured I would give my right Achilles a rest since it's been a little sore.

I did do 45 minutes of the GMB Mobility program (essentially yoga plus various forms of quadrupedal locomotion that I'm terrible at) along with 160 push-ups and a few other odds and ends. I normally just count my bipedal locomotion for purposes of this thread, but I'll give myself credit for 45 minutes yesterday.

I walked six miles this morning, and will walk another six this evening.

Yesterday was the first day in over three weeks that I didn't get any walking or running in. I just didn't feel like it, and I figured I would give my right Achilles a rest since it's been a little sore.

I did do 45 minutes of the GMB Mobility program (essentially yoga plus various forms of quadrupedal locomotion that I'm terrible at) along with 160 push-ups and a few other odds and ends. I normally just count my bipedal locomotion for purposes of this thread, but I'll give myself credit for 45 minutes yesterday.

I walked six miles this morning, and will walk another six this evening.
Holy crabcakes, weren't you the guy who used to survive for an entire week on raw milk? 

I need some kind of height/suit jacket size to see what we're talking about here. You must be in impeccable shape. 

Despite the immense heat I managed to encourage my wife to join me for a bike ride and she really powered thru, I was proud of her and I also might have pushed her a little bit, she was very red in the face when we got back and overheating so I doused her with some cold water, she seems fine now. We managed to eclipse about 15 miles out there and somewhere around 90 minutes and I did not allow us to stop and smell the flowers much HOWEVER my wife got a little lost trailing behind me and so when I stopped on the same bridge we watched the moon rise the other night, I look down and what did I find? $10! I love her. 

Totals thru the halfway mark of April 1,675 for myself and 1,150 for the Mrs and she works a whole lot harder and longer "stay at home" hours than I do. 

Holy crabcakes, weren't you the guy who used to survive for an entire week on raw milk? 

I need some kind of height/suit jacket size to see what we're talking about here. You must be in impeccable shape. 
I'm not in great shape. I've been walking a decent amount (say, about three miles a day) for quite a while, but that had been pretty much my only form of exercise for a long time. (And walking is easy. When I run, I get passed by old ladies.)

For the last three weeks or so, I've had very little work to do. So I started walking a lot more, running a bit, stretching, and eventually adding a bunch of calisthenics and kettlebell exercises. Everything is very low intensity (stopping each set well before failure, using long rest periods between sets, running at a very slow pace) because I don't believe in getting sore on purpose.

I am enjoying good results in terms of how I feel. I've lost some weight and have gotten stronger. But three weeks of high-volume walking along with two weeks of low-intensity calisthenics is not enough to work me into great shape. Maybe if I keep it up for three months...

Except that what I'm doing now is not sustainable. It's physically sustainable (because of the low intensity), but I'm not always going to have this much free time. I'm dreading that I'll have to give up my current routine soon, but I'll try to keep however much of it I have time for.

I'm not in great shape. I've been walking a decent amount (say, about three miles a day) for quite a while, but that had been pretty much my only form of exercise for a long time. (And walking is easy. When I run, I get passed by old ladies.)

For the last three weeks or so, I've had very little work to do. So I started walking a lot more, running a bit, stretching, and eventually adding a bunch of calisthenics and kettlebell exercises. Everything is very low intensity (stopping each set well before failure, using long rest periods between sets, running at a very slow pace) because I don't believe in getting sore on purpose.

I am enjoying good results in terms of how I feel. I've lost some weight and have gotten stronger. But three weeks of high-volume walking along with two weeks of low-intensity calisthenics is not enough to work me into great shape. Maybe if I keep it up for three months...

Except that what I'm doing now is not sustainable. It's physically sustainable (because of the low intensity), but I'm not always going to have this much free time. I'm dreading that I'll have to give up my current routine soon, but I'll try to keep however much of it I have time for.
You need to make time for yourself. Who could be more important? 

Despite the immense heat I managed to encourage my wife to join me for a bike ride and she really powered thru, I was proud of her and I also might have pushed her a little bit, she was very red in the face when we got back and overheating so I doused her with some cold water, she seems fine now. We managed to eclipse about 15 miles out there and somewhere around 90 minutes and I did not allow us to stop and smell the flowers much HOWEVER my wife got a little lost trailing behind me and so when I stopped on the same bridge we watched the moon rise the other night, I look down and what did I find? $10! I love her. 

Totals thru the halfway mark of April 1,725 for myself and 1,150 for the Mrs and she works a whole lot harder and longer "stay at home" hours than I do. 
Yowza, I could not deal with the kind of heat you described.  Amazing job by both of you to get out and do so much!

I was wondering after your post a few days ago how you were finding the time for this.  Nice that you've been so dedicated to using this free time right now.

I'm finding that I have less time right now for everything.  Not only is my job still very busy, but with us both being home and eating at home all the time, I feel like 90% of my life is cleaning up.  Then, add the people who have lots of time on their hands and are kindly reaching out to be in touch, which is wonderful but now I'm spending my "free" time trying to respond to everyone.  It's terrible to complain, since I'm so lucky to have a busy job, a chef at home making these messes, and lots of great friends.  But damn it, I want some time for me.  

OK, venting over.  Thanks for listening, such as it is.

ETA:  Also, I've just been in an incredibly ####ty mood for two days now.

81 minutes today of the usual.  I realized I had accidentally credited myself with one extra minute yesterday than I had done, so when I subtract that and then add today's 81 minutes, I'm at 1284 halfway through.  

4/1 - 81

4/2 - 67

4/3 - 62

4/4 - 103

4/5 - 100

4/6 - 86

4/7 - 82

4/8 - 86

4/9 - 88

4/10 - 64

4/11 - 98

4/12 - 115

4/13 - 90

4/14 - 81

4/15 - 81

Total:  1284

4/1 - 295.2 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 565 active cal; 739 total cal.  60 Total Minutes.

4/2 - 296.0 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 617 active cal; 790 total cal.  120 total Minutes.

4/3 - 296.6 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 601 active cal; 776 total cal.  180 Total Minutes.

4/4 - 296.0 lbs: 30 min recumbent bike; 261 active cal; 347 total cal.  210 total minutes.  

4/5 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 414 active cal.; 544 total cal.  255 total minutes.

4/6 - 294.8 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 486 active cal.; 616 total cal.  300 total minutes.

4/7 - 294.4 lbs; 24 min walk & 30 min recumbent bike; 405 active cal; 561 total cal; 354 total minutes.

4/8 - 294.4 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 281 active cal; 305 total cal.  384 total minutes.  

4/9 - 294.4 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 267 active cal; 354 total cal.  414 total minutes.

4/10 - 293.8 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 541 active cal; 713 total cal.  474 Total Minutes.

4/11 - 293.4 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 482 active cal; 654 total cal.  534 Total Minutes.

4/12 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 365 active cal; 495 total cal; 579 Total minutes.

4/14 - 294.0 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 339 active cal; 469 Total cal; 624 Total minutes.

4/15 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 382 active cal; 512 Total cal; 669 Total minutes.

To the point now that I'm not quite looking forward to the exercise, but feel disappointed in myself if I don't.

Today was the first nice day in the Bay Area that I’ve been able to enjoy, I was going to go for a bike ride when I finished working around 2 but instead cracked a few coors lights and sat on my balcony soaking up the sun. 

Halfway through the month tomorrow!  Let's add up at the end of the day to see how we're doing.  Extra support going out to anyone who needs it - let's do this thing!
A chart of my workout time this month would look like a 3m chart of the stock market where the end of my lenten sacrifice of alcohol is, give or take, the Coronavirus. 

4/15 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 382 active cal; 512 Total cal; 669 Total minutes.

To the point now that I'm not quite looking forward to the exercise, but feel disappointed in myself if I don't.
What are we eating? I'll be more specific. Do you have a routine for breakfast, let's start there since it's the most important meal of the day...actually that's total bullspit but do you have a range of breakfast things you like to start the day with? I used to not eat in the morning at all but am cozying up with some changes to my daily routine and one of them is getting my system started earlier in the day, even an apple or banana just to get things moving. 

Cheers CP 

Users who are viewing this thread