What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (16 Viewers)

Ended up taking the dog for a short walk yesterday in single digit wind chill.  That was kinda dumb.  Ate well and still off the booze.  20 days sober now.  

Did a 40-min yin yoga session today.  Back was really tight/sore this morning.  Think it was actually muscle sore from yesterday's practice.  I guess that's good, but it was a little surprising.  

Keep up the good work!

I went to the dentist AND got a shingles vax today, and I walked to both appointments.  I deserve wine, don't I?

Adriene's Day 20 was 24 minutes of "Ritual."  The fact that the screenshot shows her in full sweatsuit, and the first few minutes of slow stretching, made me inaccurately conclude this was going to be an easy-peasy stretching routine, but no!  It picked up and was relatively fast for 15-17 minutes before it slowed again.  Great!  I enjoyed this practice and am looking forward to the final 10 days.

ChatterIndex:  2.  Was close to a 1, until the very end when we got 1-2 minutes of jabbering about "falling in love with yourself."

Another day below maintenance but above goal calories.  Took my kid ice skating for the first time. It was also the first time I've been on ice skates.. maybe ever?  Certainly in the last 35 plus years.  They had these cheater things that look like a walker so kids can learn how and i totally used one while the dads were like oh nice you're making your kid feel comfortable that's so sweet... oh man... that's a middle aged adult just trying his best and it's not good.  But i didn't fall, and neither did my kid, and he loved it so much he kept asking if we could come back tomorrow.  I have no idea how many calories it burns i just know everything is sore.  

bostonfred said:
Dickies said:
Made some potato and leek soup that was really satisfying. Sautéed onions, leeks, potatoes, and garlic, simmered in chicken broth, then puréed it in the vitamix.  Came out like you’d expect heavy cream to have been added
That sounds really good.  I need to get better at soups.  I've been craving homemade beef stew and butternut squash soup too.

Yeah, that potato leek soup sounds great.  I am not usually a big soup person but realized how filling and satisfying it can be.  My mom put together in a Mason jar all the ingredients for a lentil soup to put in a slow cooker - and also gave me a slow cooker :bag:  - which I "made" last week and loved.  She also gave me a corn and black bean chowder in a jar that I'll make next week.  

Today's Adriene practice Day 21 was only ~12 minutes of all-core work called "Connect."  Nothing too difficult but felt like a good workout for being so short.  Also...

ChatterIndex:  1!

Have beachbody workouts been talked about here much?  I've found them to be an excellent way to burn a good amount of calories and increase your cardio in a relatively low impact way.

I rode 25 miles today to get to 75 miles on the week.

Checked my weight again this morning and am down another 3 pounds, but I also weighed myself this time after eating breakfast and drinking water and coffee, so there is a chance it could be another 1-2 pounds.

Other than the fact that my diet is extremely restricted right now I’m eating whenever I feel like it even though it’s just a smoothie and protein shake for breakfast and soup lunch/dinner. Have also been eating half a pint of plant based ice cream per day, which tastes surprisingly good

Yeah, that potato leek soup sounds great.  I am not usually a big soup person but realized how filling and satisfying it can be.  My mom put together in a Mason jar all the ingredients for a lentil soup to put in a slow cooker - and also gave me a slow cooker :bag:  - which I "made" last week and loved.  She also gave me a corn and black bean chowder in a jar that I'll make next week.  

Today's Adriene practice Day 21 was only ~12 minutes of all-core work called "Connect."  Nothing too difficult but felt like a good workout for being so short.  Also...

ChatterIndex:  1!
is slow cooker beugie for crock pot? ;)  

Finished up week 4 of back to lifting.  For me, if I can hang on a month that means it's become part of my routine and much more likely to stick.

Wife and I still walk a decent amount, although not in this cold.  I'm looking to mix in some cardio now.  I'm still astounded at my stamina still sucks these many months after the surgeries.  But the plan is to keep plugging away.

Down 2 lb this week, 15.2 for the year. I hit the goal I set for my birthday 2 weeks ahead of time. I have my first business dinner tonight so my will power will be tested. I am going to eat a light lunch to allow myself some extra calories at dinner. 

Stayed under calories and 60 minutes on the Peloton. 

Weekend was a mixed bag.  Did yoga both days, yin saturday and hot 26 bikram yesterday.  Also walked the dog both days.  However, made a poor food choice Saturday night and had some wine.  It was a stressful day which led to the choices.  Oh well.  Yesterday was better choices and also very active.  

Already did a 40-min yin yoga session this morning.  Plan to make good choices and walk the dog today.  

Keep up the good work!

Well, I ended 2021 strong and was primed for a great health journey this year until Thursday night.   My journey is being paused for a week or two since I broke my nose Thursday night.  I was moving an elliptical machine up basement stairs when part of it swung down and blasted me.  I’m not supposed to work out in an attempt to reduce the swelling so that the doc can determine if surgery is needed.  

It’s always something.  

A little slow in here...  and it's still January...

Ate well yesterday, walked the dog 1.5 miles, and stayed sober.  Weighed in today and another pound down.  3 for the year, despite not tracking calories.

Did a 40-min down dog yoga session first thing this morning.  My balance is kinda crap.  I assume/hope it is head congestion lingering.  I did a really good crow pose though, so it was a mixed bag.  Dealing with a weird upper back muscle pain that started yesterday, getting old just sucks, that seems a little better after the session.

Will eat better and walk the dog later.

Keep up the good work!

I decided last night to stay away from booze and instead enjoy the good food. Big ole steak from Capital Grill, salad and veggies. I only ate a protein bar for lunch so probably stayed under calories for the day, but it is hard to judge accurately. 

The bonus was waking up early this morning and finding a Peloton in the hotel gym. Knocked out 30 minutes before my meeting. 

I forgot to post yesterday or the day before.  Still plugging along on Adriene's Move series, and doing my daily walking.  Was only moderately good on food and booze last week, and lost 1.5 pounds that I really didn't deserve to.  I don't have social engagements until this weekend so should be able to do better there.

Day 22 was called "Courage" and a fun 21-minute practice that ended with Warrior Three, which I'm still not all that good at.  ChatterIndex:  1.5

Day 23 was called "Soften" and was longer but easy, with lots of stretches and a little core work.  Nothing challenging, but sometimes it's nice to have a day like that.  ChatterIndex:  2 (I think; I kind of tuned out near the end)

@DocHolliday, I'm really sorry to hear about your nose and hope you're healed soon.

Day 23 was called "Soften" and was longer but easy, with lots of stretches and a little core work.  Nothing challenging, but sometimes it's nice to have a day like that.  ChatterIndex:  2 (I think; I kind of tuned out near the end)

I neglected to mention that this one - or at least I think it was, but could have been the one before - had a lot of improvising in it, which I enjoyed as a way to mix it up.

Today, Day 24, was "Process," and while it had too much chatter at the beginning and the end, the middle was a good faster-than-Adriene's-usual flow, and then a long sequence of balancing postures at the end.  Another fun one, but...  ChatterIndex:  6  (I am now automatically adding an extra ChatterPoint for any time when she tells us we're going to take some quiet moments for ourselves and then proceeds to chatter right over it all.)

It's easier than this diet.  I also learned that apparently I tested mildly allergic to pea and sesame. So in addition to no wheat, corn, soy, dairy, eggs, seafood, chicken, pork and beef I now need to add sesame and peas to the list.  I just bought a plant-based protein powder, and of course pea protein is the first ingredient.  

Good lord.

You could have booze via IV directly into your veins, right?

Honestly the hardest for me would be the dairy and the seafood, but there are some decent vegan cheeses out there now.  I have a friend who's vegan-curious, and through her I've had a few good ones.  I don't know what they're made of, though, so they might also be on the naughty list.  :(  

Good lord.

Honestly the hardest for me would be the dairy and the seafood, but there are some decent vegan cheeses out there now.  I have a friend who's vegan-curious, and through her I've had a few good ones.  I don't know what they're made of, though, so they might also be on the naughty list.  :(  
Almost all processed food items are going to be a no-go.  Vegan cheese usually has corn starch, and either soy/pea protein or cashews..... none of which I can have.  

Hardest thing for me is the wheat.  I'd love to be able to have some avocado toast or even just a slice of sourdough with all the soup I've been eating.

I'm still a little over a week out from when I can resume eating real food, so I'm trying to figure out a bunch of dishes that I can make where I'm not missing all the things I can't have.  Burrito bowls will be a staple for me, as they were when I went plant-based last year.  Poke bowls with sushi rice, seaweed, carrots, cucumber, avocado, etc.  Wild mushroom risotto.  I am going to try making the FFA chili recipe, but omit the beer, whiskey and meat in favor of mushrooms and extra beans

Hanging in there.  Won't go to the gym right now so it's just walking and Peleton, and I can't get myself to do the bike often enough.  Couple times a week.  Walked 18 holes today which was good and did Adrienne's golf yoga as a warm up.  Scrambled eggs for lunch, chicken salad for lunch and lettuce wrap turkey tacos for dinner.  No booze.  But I did have booze this weekend.

Time to turn on the afterburners as my physical and stress test is a month away.  Want to represent for that.

Hanging in there.  Won't go to the gym right now so it's just walking and Peleton, and I can't get myself to do the bike often enough.  Couple times a week.  Walked 18 holes today which was good and did Adrienne's golf yoga as a warm up.  Scrambled eggs for lunch, chicken salad for lunch and lettuce wrap turkey tacos for dinner.  No booze.  But I did have booze this weekend.

Time to turn on the afterburners as my physical and stress test is a month away.  Want to represent for that.

What are the moves in the golf yoga that you find helpful?  I'm wondering if there might be other Adriene practices that we could recommend to help you mix it up.  I am not a golfer, but one that I loved and think could possibly be on point for you as a golfer is Yoga for Climbers.

ETA:  As I think about it more, this is probably more upper-body and less hips, which you might not want.  But it's a great practice for anyone anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

What are the moves in the golf yoga that you find helpful?  I'm wondering if there might be other Adriene practices that we could recommend to help you mix it up.  I am not a golfer, but one that I loved and think could possibly be on point for you as a golfer is Yoga for Climbers.

Another one that could be really good for golfers, or anyone else, is Yoga for Scoliosis.  It's a favorite of mine for back and spine (and I don't have scoliosis).

Good lord.

My in-laws are vegan.  The list of ingredients, in any of the fake foods, is a mile long. Many of them chemicals. They don’t really like it, when I point this out. Follow that up with, “why don’t you just eat vegetables?” Or,  “What’s up with the fake blood, in your burgers.”  I’m a  Big hit. 🤣🤣🤣

My in-laws are vegan.  The list of ingredients, in any of the fake foods, is a mile long. Many of them chemicals. They don’t really like it, when I point this out. Follow that up with, “why don’t you just eat vegetables?” Or,  “What’s up with the fake blood, in your burgers.”  I’m a  Big hit. 🤣🤣🤣
I’m not a big fan of 99% of the fake vegan substitutes, but the exception is that I actually like the soy chorizo better than the real deal. Way less greasy and the taste and texture are very similar 

I’m not a big fan of 99% of the fake vegan substitutes, but the exception is that I actually like the soy chorizo better than the real deal. Way less greasy and the taste and texture are very similar 
my wife loves it.  i eat it from time to time.  it's pretty good.  we get the morningstar one.

ETA:  As I think about it more, this is probably more upper-body and less hips, which you might not want.  But it's a great practice for anyone anyway.
I’m not sure of the name of the moves/poses. It’s pretty basic. Lots of stretching designed to open you up. Hips, shoulders, hamstrings etc. Just know I’m ready to play afterwards!

I’m a yoga noob. Took a vinyasa flow 3 class that almost killed me. I’ve never sweated so much in my life. 

Still here.  Guess I didn't post yesterday.  Did my 40-min yin yoga yesterday then spent the day with my wife at the hospital (minor planned procedure, all went well).  Didn't get to walk the dog and also ate poorly last night, but back on the horse today.

Did a 40-min full practice down dog session this morning.  My balance is still a little off, but otherwise it was good.  I still can't seem to do side crow, need to figure that one out.  Will walk the dog later and eat well today.  

Keep up the good work!

I was O-Hare airport on Tuesday for lunch and it was hard to find a low calorie meal.  I ended up eating kung pao chicken over veggies (no rice) from a fast food place which was about my best option.  Other than the sauce it wasn't too bad (360 calories per myfitnesspal).  I ate a quick salad when I got home so overall definitely under 1800 calories for the day.

I behaved yesterday as well eating about 1600 calories and 45 minutes on the Peloton (I just hit 30 days in a row with a ride)

I stepped on the scale today and my weight is down since Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread