What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (12 Viewers)

Yeah, wondering what percentage will win this thing. So let's say the winner is 210 and losing an average of 3 lbs a week (I know 2 lbs is usually the "average max".

So 3 lbs times 12 weeks is 36 lbs.....now he's at 174 lbs. That's a 17.2% loss. 

I wonder if that's good enough.
Let's use 20% to make it easy:

200 - 40 lbs

220 - 44 lbs

240 - 48 lbs

260 - 52 lbs

280 - 56 lbs

300 - 60 lbs

320 - 64 lbs

340 - 68 lbs

I don't see anybody losing 60+ that's why I think the winner starts around 260

Last edited by a moderator:
201.0 this morning.  Not in ketosis yet obviously so I'm hoping to see a drop later in the week.  I'm going to limit to 30g carbs per day for two weeks then introduce intermittent fasting.  once I am fat adapted.  Apparently there are a lot of benefits to IF.  Dr. Jason Fung seems to be the big guy on youtube in regards to the benefits.  Increasing growth hormone and testosterone should dovetail nicely into my goal of adding muscle down the road.  

At 29% bodyfat according to my scale (who knows how accurate) I want to drop about 30lbs of fat, placing me at right around 170.  

http://i.imgur.com/6fwwb2o.png

First official weigh-in is complete, the 32 participants come in just under 4 tons, or about 600 pounds less than a Ford F450. Average weight of 246 pounds.

I've updated and saved a bunch of times, so it can be tough to keep track - if a name is missing or a weight is wrong, just send an "@" notification and I'll make the update when I sign on. 

Too late to jump in on this eh? :kicksrock:

I've bloated up horribly due to ####ty diet, injury (cutting running out) and too much booze over the last 2-3 months. Wagon time. 

What's your weight? I'll add, we're playing for health and charity.
Haven't weighed in months. Guessing I've put on 20lbs this winter so far. Brutal stretch :lmao:

Will check in tomm morning. EtekFit scale will track regular weigh-ins so no chance of shenanigans. 

First official weigh-in is complete, the 32 participants come in just under 4 tons, or about 600 pounds less than a Ford F450. Average weight of 246 pounds.

I've updated and saved a bunch of times, so it can be tough to keep track - if a name is missing or a weight is wrong, just send an "@" notification and I'll make the update when I sign on. 
I'll play along but not with $$.  2016 was a #### year... too many issues, too much stress, too much food, not enough exercise.  2017 has to be better.

Jan 2 weigh in: 256.8lbs, 35.8 BF%

FWIW... I gained 53 pounds since 1/1/2016. :bag:

just set up a google spreadsheet and then everyone can view it (set it up so you will be the only one to edit)

If I win, icon will be donating to a gun control charity :excited:
:lol:  

For entertainment/comparison value I'll be starting with Non-Potato diet approach right off the bat (since GF and I just did a ton of grocery shopping and she will murder me if I go buy 20lbs of potatoes and let that all go bad. :lol:   However, I will likely work in a week or so of taters relatively soon (because it works).  Starting with Fruit, hard boiled eggs for breakfast, salad with lean protein for lunch, lean protein + veggies for dinner. ####loads of water and whatnot. 

I'll play along but not with $$.  2016 was a #### year... too many issues, too much stress, too much food, not enough exercise.  2017 has to be better.

### ####it.  You were my inspiration to start the Keto diet in the first place!  Get with it mister.  I'll be keto buddies with you. Heck, I'm even rooting for the Lions this week.  

:lol:  

For entertainment/comparison value I'll be starting with Non-Potato diet approach right off the bat (since GF and I just did a ton of grocery shopping and she will murder me if I go buy 20lbs of potatoes and let that all go bad. :lol:   However, I will likely work in a week or so of taters relatively soon (because it works).  Starting with Fruit, hard boiled eggs for breakfast, salad with lean protein for lunch, lean protein + veggies for dinner. ####loads of water and whatnot. 
This is great except for the fruit.  Why would you want to spike your blood sugar like that?  It just causes pain.  

just set up a google spreadsheet and then everyone can view it (set it up so you will be the only one to edit)
Don't I need everyone's email address for that? 

Don't I also have to share my gmail? I've done way too a good job keeping that bad boy spam free to just ship it off to a message board.

This is great except for the fruit.  Why would you want to spike your blood sugar like that?  It just causes pain.  
I like fruit and I had a bunch left over from a NYE party. :shrug:   Like I said, I didn't plan on doing a weight loss challenge until about 3 minutes ago. I didn't really check in to FBG much over the break. 

I'd travel back in time and remove the holiday leftovers, stock the fridge with potatoes, and fill my lunch bag with potatotes 2 hours ago  if I could, but my Delorean is in the shop. 

I like fruit and I had a bunch left over from a NYE party. :shrug:   Like I said, I didn't plan on doing a weight loss challenge until about 3 minutes ago. I'd travel back in time and remove the holiday leftovers, stock the fridge with potatoes, and fill my lunch bag with potatotes 2 hours ago  if I could, but my Delorean is in the shop. 
To be fair, at least 3/4 of this thread ate like animals before weighing in.

Welcome back to fatland GB

I'd laugh, but it's depressing to me.  Lost 80 lb and failed to keep it off?  Who does that?  Embarrassing failure.
I'd say 90% of people fail to maintain weight loss without surgery.  Could be higher.  I'd buy 95%.  

There are too many internal and external mechanisms talking your body into finding it's way back to it's fattest self (and then some). 

I'd say 90% of people fail to maintain weight loss without surgery.  Could be higher.  I'd buy 95%.  

There are too many internal and external mechanisms talking your body into finding it's way back to it's fattest self (and then some). 
So you're saying I should just stay fat?

Don't I need everyone's email address for that? 

Don't I also have to share my gmail? I've done way too a good job keeping that bad boy spam free to just ship it off to a message board.
No click file - share - get link - others with link can view

I'd laugh, but it's depressing to me.  Lost 80 lb and failed to keep it off?  Who does that?  Embarrassing failure.
Tons of people do it, you know this.  I'd even say most do it.  The good thing is, you know it can be done.  The bad part is, now you have to go through the pain in the ### of doing it again.  

Certainly some out there would propose that you shouldn't bother trying to lose without some sort of surgery to start.  Not sure how I feel about that really, seems extreme.  I assume otis will get some thumb stomach thing by 2025.  

Nah.  #### that.  

I went to Blue Harbor resort this weekend in sunny Sheboygan, WI.    I'd say maybe half a dozen truly fit guys over 30.  I am almost 30% fat and I'd place myself in the middle of the road in terms of fitness.  Plenty of skinny-fat and downright obese guys.  But for the most part I remember thinking that most of the guys looked like Hams with Legs.  Just no thought to fitness at all.  No level of fitness.  It was pretty eye opening.  

The women weren't much better.  I saw maybe 5-10% that would be bone-able over the age of 30.  Couple smoke shows, but they were in their 20s.  It's a pretty sad state of affairs.  

Users who are viewing this thread