What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Malcolm Mitchell Thread (1 Viewer)

I have a plethora of wrs... I'd rank him over moncrief , Hopkins, Watkins, and Pryor this week but behind adams 

I have a plethora of wrs... I'd rank him over moncrief , Hopkins, Watkins, and Pryor this week but behind adams 

Agree on Mitchell but more curious why so high on Adams this week? With the exception of Hopkin own every WR you listed above on various teams and I'd have Mitchell ranked over all of them this week. I basically got Mitchell as a must start weeks 14 and 16 and likely must bench in week 15.

Agree on Mitchell but more curious why so high on Adams this week? With the exception of Hopkin own every WR you listed above on various teams and I'd have Mitchell ranked over all of them this week. I basically got Mitchell as a must start weeks 14 and 16 and likely must bench in week 15.
Basically because he's a top 10 wr, they play at home, no earl Thomas, and they can't run

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Mitchell on waivers this week and am considering playing him over Cobb, Maclin, Coleman, and Boyd.
I would start him over all those guys.  

Brady has averaged 46 passing attempts the last 3 games and with Baltimore's run defense I see that high volume continuing.

mphtrilogy said:
Watkins or mitchell? I have a chance to add him, would you drop watkins?
That is a tough call? Experts gave Watkins a top add a few weeks ago. Well, that was then, this is now. I added both Watkins and Mitchell back then. As of today, right now...I would rather have Mitchell and swing for the fences with his upside. Brady the QB and Mitchell a top 2 option. He will get targets and redzone chances I believe. Personally, I have to decide between a red hot Tyrell Williams or Malcolm Mitchell as my WR #2 this week and looking at ROS. Yes, the DEN matchup next week is not a good one.

I also have to take into account my other NE Patriots who start. Blount at the flex has been awesome. Everyone says he will regress. Well, not many games left to see this happening or not? I have Gostkowski who is coming back on - need to NE to score a lot of points. I picked up NE D/ST last week. May play them again this week? Now perhaps starting Mitchell too? Wow, lots of eggs in this basket.

Is Mitchell hype or the real deal? By all accounts he is the real deal. Brady likes him and his hands. How come most sites have him ranked as a low WR #3 at best? Who is willing to start him with the belief that he's at least a strong WR #2?

Is Mitchell hype or the real deal? By all accounts he is the real deal. Brady likes him and his hands. How come most sites have him ranked as a low WR #3 at best? Who is willing to start him with the belief that he's at least a strong WR #2?
 mitchell has only 1 double digit target game, last week. is it an anomaly? it would be an overreaction to put him in the top 24 after just two games that he did well.

furthermore, the last 3 weeks he has been td dependant, for the most part. 

without those tds he would be averaging a pedestrian 13 fantasy points in PPR over the last 3 weeks. yes, you can't take those away, but much like Hogan, Mitchell doesn't post amazing numbers unless he scores a td. yoi cant ignore that. with the exception of last week but is that a one week thing, no one knows.

yes, gronk out leaves a lot of redzone and regular targets up for grabs, and I am in the group who would say mitchell benefits the most. I'm just pointing out that just because we are all stoked for mitchell and the opportunity is there doesn't mean that mitchell should be ranked top 24. where I've seen him is 28-38. which is probably about right. personally I'd say he's a wr3 with wr2 upside this week. I'd put him at 25. 

I don't want to look too far ahead because first things first but as far as Denver goes we have seen some receivers have success against the Broncos recently like Ty Hill. I certainly would take 20 points in PPR from a WR3/4 without a doubt, especially from a QB like Alex Smith. Point being I'm not so quick to dismiss Mitchell in Week 15 just yet with Brady at the helm even with the matchup being as tough as it is because he will have Brady. Obviously, Denver's weakness on D is their run defense and NE could go with Blount and attack that way but Mitchell has become a RZ option so even if the Patriots went with a run-heavy approach Mitchell still could factor as a RZ option if New England gets in scoring position.

Bottom line - let's get to Week 15 first but I'm not hell bent on benching him that week just because the matchup on paper is tough. Keep in mind the Patriots' offense is a tough matchup too. People always overlook the tough offensive matchup. They just focus on defenses and ignore the offenses when they look at matchups. Right now Mitchell's part of a tough offensive matchup and Week 15 looks like a classic strong offense vs. strong defense matchup. But again let's get to Week 15 first. 

Bloom.  :thumbup:

...but in my scoring system, it ain't no measly WR2, more like...well, I don't want to give content away, so let's just say that it is the best double digit ranking possible...even better than 11.

Right or wrong this week, I love Bloom's style. 

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention my play...he's my WR1 (D. Parker & C. Meredith 2/3) this week...over very little in a dynasty rebuild year with injury/suspension issues:A. Jeffery, J. Maclin, J. Gordon, T. Austin (punt return yard league), R. Woods, T. Sharpe, J. Kerley (punt return yard league), J.J. Nelson, R. Shepard, etc.

EDIT 2: Just put J. Maclin (no longer on injury list but still has Q's regarding 1st week back imo) into my starting line-up and benched C. Meredith (Parker still in but keeping an eye on his back injury).  Mitchell remains my WR1 imo.

Going back and watching some of the routes Mitchell ran against the Rams and so much of that is very encouraging for future weeks. Whether that was just game plan specific for StL is obviously unknown but given how successful it was one would doubt the Patriots would abandon it going forward. Without Gronk and with Bennett really hobbling (Patriot beat writers are saying he's really beat up and just gutting it out right now) it appears Mitchell has taken on Gronk's role in a lot of ways, especially with the intermediate and RZ routes. Those would seem to be the types of things that will keep him permanently entrenched in the offense moving forward as long as he shows he can continue to earn Brady's trust. 

Again, with no Gronk (and no Amendola) and with Bennett really laboring, Brady needs Mitchell right now so I think the Patriots will keep him heavily involved. I don't wanna jinx all of us who have him but this could be one of those perfect storm moments where a player is putting things together in exactly the right moment with the right QB and the right situation. This week's matchup is looks good, next week's is obviously more difficult but Week 16 is off the charts sensational. Mitchell may be the type of WW pickup who helps bring home some hardware this year for some folks. 

Real deal in sense he has shown ability and has a future HOF QB throwing to him on a team with essentially  only 2 other healthy usable non-RB passing options. He is WR2  least in weeks 14 and 16. He is a WR4 week 15.

Have to pick 1 between Crowder, Adams and Mitchell. I think I'm in on Mitchell.

Adams killed me last week, Crowder is banged up, and I am having a hard time seeing a way that Mitchell doesn't get 10 targets from Brady.

Not to mention, my opponent's QB is Brady - Feel like this is a way to mitigate some of the damage he might do.

I believe Edelman is due for a big game. Mitchell will have a 5/50, 4/60 type day and maybe a little more. I think this week his numbers will be alright and perhaps a mid WR3 level game. Nobody should cry in PPR if he continues to give you double digits. I just think Edelman will have the spotlight this week. 

Team Smokin' said:
I am warming up to starting Mitchell as a strong WR #2, with WR #1 upside and a better than 50/50 chance to score one TD, let along multiple. I am seriously looking to start him over the likes of: Moncrief, Crabtree, Cooper, Moncrief, Ty Williams, Sanders. My other starting WR is TY Hilton. By the way in a heavy TD league I would rank TY, Mitchell, Williams (proving to be studly), and then Crabtree. Most sites would put TY and Cooper as their top two from this group.
I also have Moncrief, Crabtree and Cooper. I'm starting Cooper for sure. He ripped off 129 against KC before. Crabtree is definitely on the bench. He got shut down against Marcus Peters last time and there's no reason to believe that will change this time. Moncrief is so TD dependent that I have such a difficult time starting him. Especially against a Houston Pass D that has been doing pretty well. When Mitchell is not on Jimmy Smith he has a good matchup. At this point I'm rolling with Mitchell over Moncrief and Crabtree. I know TY is very good, but I'm not a fan of that matchup, which is why I'm not trusting Moncrief.

Bloom.  :thumbup:

Right or wrong this week, I love Bloom's style. 
This tells me to bench him... Bloom is a flavor of the week/month kind of guy. Him and Lammey I usually do the opposite of what they say/think and I'm usually making the right choice. 

I believe Edelman is due for a big game. Mitchell will have a 5/50, 4/60 type day and maybe a little more. I think this week his numbers will be alright and perhaps a mid WR3 level game. Nobody should cry in PPR if he continues to give you double digits. I just think Edelman will have the spotlight this week. 
This is what I think too. I could see him posting 14 points. Obviously a TD increases that. 10+ would be great. I see that as Diggs' floor though so I will likely not start Mitchell. One or two games where a guy is heavily involved in an offense is not enough for me to chance a playoff win. We'll see if my balls get any bigger as the week goes on. I have a fairly easy matchup week 1 of our playoffs so playing it safe is a better option for me.

A lot of people have similar WRs they are starting him over, and that is probably the right move considering some of your options. I think he could be a difference maker for those teams. I am sitting pretty good at WR (OBJ, DT, Diggs) so I can play it safe and be sitting pretty good. I see Diggs and Mitchell as producing similarly this week. Mitchell is a much bigger TD threat. 

Going back and watching some of the routes Mitchell ran against the Rams and so much of that is very encouraging for future weeks. Whether that was just game plan specific for StL is obviously unknown but given how successful it was one would doubt the Patriots would abandon it going forward. Without Gronk and with Bennett really hobbling (Patriot beat writers are saying he's really beat up and just gutting it out right now) it appears Mitchell has taken on Gronk's role in a lot of ways, especially with the intermediate and RZ routes. Those would seem to be the types of things that will keep him permanently entrenched in the offense moving forward as long as he shows he can continue to earn Brady's trust. 

Again, with no Gronk (and no Amendola) and with Bennett really laboring, Brady needs Mitchell right now so I think the Patriots will keep him heavily involved. I don't wanna jinx all of us who have him but this could be one of those perfect storm moments where a player is putting things together in exactly the right moment with the right QB and the right situation. This week's matchup is looks good, next week's is obviously more difficult but Week 16 is off the charts sensational. Mitchell may be the type of WW pickup who helps bring home some hardware this year for some folks. 
If Mitchell can garner 8-10 targets again this week, I'm fine with 6/65 and then really trusting this guy the next couple weeks as NE closes in on Division and either the 1 or 2 seed, every reason to feel once they get past Denver win or lose they will be pretty solid on offense the rest of the way. Denver is a terrible match up but Pats typically find a way. 

Don't know if I could start Mitchell over someone like Moncrief given Moncrief's TD potential although if I needed the upside I'd likely lean toward Mitchell since Moncrief's yardage upside has been limited lately. Mitchell does seem a pretty strong bet for double-digit points in PPR barring injury so he seems like a pretty solid WR 2/3 play. He's had three straight consecutive quality games so I think he's gone beyond the flavor of the week type of play and established himself now as a legitimate part of the New England offense. And again I think they need him now and going forward. Because he's a rookie there's obviously going to be trepidation but I'm feeling pretty confident having watched his production the past three games and reading all the information about him.   

This tells me to bench him... Bloom is a flavor of the week/month kind of guy. Him and Lammey I usually do the opposite of what they say/think and I'm usually making the right choice. 

This is what I think too. I could see him posting 14 points. Obviously a TD increases that. 10+ would be great. I see that as Diggs' floor though so I will likely not start Mitchell. One or two games where a guy is heavily involved in an offense is not enough for me to chance a playoff win. We'll see if my balls get any bigger as the week goes on. I have a fairly easy matchup week 1 of our playoffs so playing it safe is a better option for me.

A lot of people have similar WRs they are starting him over, and that is probably the right move considering some of your options. I think he could be a difference maker for those teams. I am sitting pretty good at WR (OBJ, DT, Diggs) so I can play it safe and be sitting pretty good. I see Diggs and Mitchell as producing similarly this week. Mitchell is a much bigger TD threat. 
Let us know if you do indeed strap on a set of those iron balls ;)

Hence the, "Right or wrong", preface, and, "style", love rather than, "reliability", love.  I was just answering the question.  

Plus, if I don't let anyone make my start decisions for me based on my belief in their accuracy, I sure as heck don't let anyone make my bench decisions for me based on my belief in their inaccuracy. :P

I like Mitchell regardless.

If Mitchell can garner 8-10 targets again this week, I'm fine with 6/65 and then really trusting this guy the next couple weeks as NE closes in on Division and either the 1 or 2 seed, every reason to feel once they get past Denver win or lose they will be pretty solid on offense the rest of the way. Denver is a terrible match up but Pats typically find a way. 
Ministry, don't ya just kinda get the feeling that Brady will be looking to integrate Mitchell into the game plan going forward? I mean in order for NE to win they are going to have to put up 27-30 points or more a game? Who else do they have? I can see 50/50 TD's every week and 50-75 yards on average every game. That is top 15 material.

And Baltimore is a decent match up for Mitchell. You gotta use him this week because next week it's Denver, that's gonna be a tough roll of the dice. 
Right now Mitchell is seen as a low end WR #3. Three scenario's after MNF. He remains the same (5-6 catches for 50-60 yards and a .5 TD), he falls (3-4 catches 30-40 yards), or he rises (60-75 yards and a TD or more)? I lean toward the latter. And remember this is NE's offense and next week that cancels out the vaunted DEN D. My money is on Mitchell. It could pay off, or not? That's why we play the game.

Let us know if you do indeed strap on a set of those iron balls ;)
After I wrote that I thought to myself, well if I see Diggs and Mitchell about equal, but Mitchell is a better TD threat, then why wouldn't I start Mitchell......

I'm about as confused as I am with my survivor pick. But hey, could be worse, I could have zero fantasy football decisions to make this week! 

After I wrote that I thought to myself, well if I see Diggs and Mitchell about equal, but Mitchell is a better TD threat, then why wouldn't I start Mitchell......

I'm about as confused as I am with my survivor pick. But hey, could be worse, I could have zero fantasy football decisions to make this week! 
No guarantees, but Brady, RZ targets, 6-10 total targets, limited WR passing options, BAL pass D not great, it's NE on MNF... What's not to like? But hey, do not believe what I have to say! Fantasy football has a way of messing with us.

Yahoo's start and sit
Interesting as a few of these names are in here:

Terrelle Pryor vs. Bengals: From a matchup standpoint, this isn’t a great spot for Pryor. The Bengals are fifth in fantasy points allowed to receivers and 17th in pass-defense DVOA. Their weakness is definitely tight end coverage. But Pryor’s volume is too hard to ignore. Over the past four weeks, Pryor is fifth among all wide receivers, averaging 10.3 targets per game. On the year, he’s 10th in targets. First-round rookie Corey Coleman has yet to find his groove since coming back from a broken hand, and Pryor has emerged as a legitimate No. 1 receiver, even playing with a cast of subpar quarterbacks. The Browns are expected to start Robert Griffin III under center this week for the first time since the season opener. If anything, RGIII has a monster arm, and Pryor has 4.38 speed. Griffin has never been afraid to uncork deep balls, and these two hooked up on a couple in the preseason. Pryor also caught a 44-yard pass from RGIII in Week 1 against the Eagles.

Donte Moncrief vs. Texans: Like Pryor above, Moncrief isn’t in a great on-paper matchup against a Texans defense allowing the fourth-fewest fantasy points to receivers. But since Moncrief returned from a shoulder blade injury in Week 8, he has scored a touchdown in all five games. He hasn’t topped 55 yards in any of those five, but Moncrief is Andrew Luck’s go-to guy in the red zone with six targets inside the 20-yard line in that span to lead the Colts. At some point, Moncrief is going to fail to find the end zone, but he’s scored in 10 of his past 12 games with Luck at quarterback. With a 26.5-point implied team total, the Colts project to be one of the highest-scoring teams of the week playing at home inside Lucas Oil Stadium on the turf. Over the last five weeks, the Texans are 25th in fantasy points allowed to receivers. They’re breaking down on the back end.

Sits

Allen Robinson vs. Vikings: Like Todd Gurley mentioned earlier, owners who drafted Robinson at his first-round price are likely on the outside looking in on the fantasy playoffs. If you made it, Robinson surely didn’t help you very much. Despite being sixth among all receivers with 110 targets, Robinson is 104th among 117 qualified receivers with a 50.9 percent catch rate. Over the last three games, Robinson has corralled just 8-of-21 targets for 73 total yards and one score. He now figures to draw shadow coverage from Vikings emerging star CB Xavier Rhodes. He’s Pro Football Focus’ No. 22 cover corner out of 122 qualifiers. But Rhodes’ 46.9 passer rating against him is second-best among all corners, behind only Aqib Talib. Robinson, Blake Bortles, and OC Nathaniel Hackett had a sit-down earlier this week to try and find a solution to their problems. It’s unlikely to get fixed against Minnesota’s No. 2-ranked unit in pass-defense DVOA.

Rishard Matthews vs. Broncos: Matthews has averaged a healthy 8.75 targets as the Titans’ new No. 1 receiver over the past four games. The volume is obviously there, but the matchup is incredibly tough. Not only are the Broncos No. 1 against the pass, allowing the fewest fantasy points to receivers, Matthews figures to run most of his routes at LCB Aqib Talib. Talib is Pro Football Focus’ No. 2 cover corner among 122 qualifiers, and his 45.1 passer rating in his coverage is No. 1. This is a week to leave Matthews on benches in fantasy leagues.

DeVante Parker vs. Cardinals: Like the two receivers mentioned before him here, Parker also draws a very tough individual matchup. As the Dolphins’ top outside weapon, he figures to see a ton of Patrick Peterson on Sunday. Peterson is Pro Football Focus’ No. 11 cover corner out of 122 qualifiers and has surrendered just two touchdowns in his coverage all season. Jarvis Landry gets the best draw on the inside with Tyrann Mathieu still trying to work his way back from a shoulder issue.

Because they're too busy putting busts like Allen Robinson and DeAndre Hopkins ahead of him 
Yahoo also has Mitchell at 21... highest I've seen him

Allen Robinson ranked 38

Hopkins rated at 23

Diggs at 26 (my balls are getting bigger)

For you guys on the fence putting him in your lineup, lock him in. Guarantee Pats spent all week working on their Gronk-less RZ offense after settling for a bunch of FGs last week. With Bennett still gimpy, Mitchell & Hogan seem like the best RZ threats in passing game - along with White/Lewis dump offs - so I expect 2-3 TDs between Mitchell, Hogan & the RBs this week. Mitchell has already proven himself strong in this area in his nose for the ball and strong hands.

I think he's a bigger factor for NE offense than fantasy, but this game has markings of national coming out part for MM where the lazy driveby national sports media walks away with "Tom Brady can make superstars out of anyone" narrative.

Bloom seems to be the person who has Mitchell ranked the highest this week. Rankings, we don't need no stinkin' rankings!

For you guys on the fence putting him in your lineup, lock him in. Guarantee Pats spent all week working on their Gronk-less RZ offense after settling for a bunch of FGs last week. With Bennett still gimpy, Mitchell & Hogan seem like the best RZ threats in passing game - along with White/Lewis dump offs - so I expect 2-3 TDs between Mitchell, Hogan & the RBs this week. Mitchell has already proven himself strong in this area in his nose for the ball and strong hands.

I think he's a bigger factor for NE offense than fantasy, but this game has markings of national coming out part for MM where the lazy driveby national sports media walks away with "Tom Brady can make superstars out of anyone" narrative.
Same gut feeling I get! Wax on, wax off.

As a Mitchell and Gostkowski owner I'd kinda like to get both this week but I'm really greedy :)

I guess I am more skeptical than others. Facing BAL and DEN in back to back weeks, I see a lot of backs out of the backfield and Edelman short and underneath. I would be surprised if Mitchell was able to get deep, and I would be doubly shocked if he had 8 catches like last week. Maybe if the Pats pick their spots and bait Baltimore into play action they can get a big gainer down the field.

Not sure what to make of Baltimore's home/roads splits. They have allowed 23 ppg in road games vs. 13 ppg at home and 360 yds/gm on the road vs 250 yds/gm at home. NE hopes that trend continues.

Mitchell was used as more than just a deep threat against the Rams. That's what makes him so intriguing going forward. Without Gronk he was used as an intermediate route runner and he's been used often in the Red Zone as well. This is why he's become such a hot commodity for fantasy purposes right now. He's not just a one-trick pony anymore. He's evolving into a multi-purpose option in the NE passing game and with Gronk and Amendola out and Bennett a shell of himself there are plenty of reasons to believe it's going to continue as long as he shows he can make plays and continue to keep Brady's trust. 

Struggling mightily between him and Moncrief. Moncrief's TD streak has to end sometime right? and without them, his yardage totals have been pitiful. Have Mitchell in right now but leery. I don't think a donut or like 2/19 is very likely, Ravens haven't been good against the pass but that might be too simplistic. 

Mitchell was used as more than just a deep threat against the Rams. That's what makes him so intriguing going forward. Without Gronk he was used as an intermediate route runner and he's been used often in the Red Zone as well. This is why he's become such a hot commodity for fantasy purposes right now. He's not just a one-trick pony anymore. He's evolving into a multi-purpose option in the NE passing game and with Gronk and Amendola out and Bennett a shell of himself there are plenty of reasons to believe it's going to continue as long as he shows he can make plays and continue to keep Brady's trust. 
I suspect that things will play out differently against teams like the Ravens and Broncos than they did against the Niners, Jets, and Rams. 

I suspect that things will play out differently against teams like the Ravens and Broncos than they did against the Niners, Jets, and Rams. 
I don't know what Belichick will plan to do and I'm certainly not going to try and predict that. I just know that there have been three straight productive games now for Mitchell and he's proven he can handle a diverse set of responsibilities in the New England offense. It would make sense given the number of injuries the team has offensively they would want to keep using him in that diverse set of roles as long as he continues to be productive. I don't know why you would scale his role back when he's doing well. That wouldn't seem to make sense.

Obviously anything can happen and clearly a rookie wide receiver with only a few games of production could fall on his face very easily. Julio has bad games. Antonio Brown has bad games. Mike Evans finally stunk up the joint this past week. I'm not dismissing the possibility Mitchell sucks it up on Monday night at all. I'm just looking at what he's done lately, looking at the production, how he's being used, the matchup, the situation and viewing the likelihood of success and putting it all together and coming up with a strong chance that he is going to come through with another productive game this week. 

I don't want to look too far ahead because first things first but as far as Denver goes we have seen some receivers have success against the Broncos recently like Ty Hill.
Hill had 52 receiving yards in that game. He scored his TDs on a kick return, a jet sweep, and a three-yard out. I don't think that really makes the case that WRs are suddenly feasting on Denver's pass D.

Hill had 52 receiving yards in that game. He scored his TDs on a kick return, a jet sweep, and a three-yard out. I don't think that really makes the case that WRs are suddenly feasting on Denver's pass D.
Didn't say feasting but Hill put up 20 receiving points in PPR with Alex Smith as his QB. Mitchell has Tom Brady. My primary point, though, is whenever people view matchups they always view them in favor of the defense first. Never is an offense viewed as the difficult matchup. Brady happens to be a difficult matchup for any defense, including Denver's. Certainly he's far more formidable than Alex Smith is and Denver gave up a 20-point PPR game to a Smith-led WR just recently. I'm not saying that guarantees Mitchell will do well but what I am saying is I'm not just gonna automatically bench Mitchell in Week 15 because it's Denver, especially if Mitchell has another good game this week.

But most importantly let's have that good game this week first and then we can worry about what a matchup against the Broncos might look like. 

Didn't say feasting but Hill put up 20 receiving points in PPR with Alex Smith as his QB. Mitchell has Tom Brady. My primary point, though, is whenever people view matchups they always view them in favor of the defense first. Never is an offense viewed as the difficult matchup. Brady happens to be a difficult matchup for any defense, including Denver's. Certainly he's far more formidable than Alex Smith is and Denver gave up a 20-point PPR game to a Smith-led WR just recently. I'm not saying that guarantees Mitchell will do well but what I am saying is I'm not just gonna automatically bench Mitchell in Week 15 because it's Denver, especially if Mitchell has another good game this week.

But most importantly let's have that good game this week first and then we can worry about what a matchup against the Broncos might look like. 
This has some merit. 

People are not playing Denver's defense next week because they play New England. Fair. 
People are cautious about playing NE offensive players because of DEN defense. Fair.

But one has to give, right? Someone has to win. Unless people think the game will be 3-0, but then DEN defense would be a good start. So people shy away from both sides saying it's a bad matchup.... well, someone has to score points. If Denver is that good and holds NE then we should be recommending people start the Denver defense. Since no one in the Playoff Streaming Defense thread is suggesting this, I would imagine it's because they view NE as a bad matchup for the DEN defense. So then you'd imagine people here would be saying Mitchell would do well vs DEN. Unfortunately not. Everyone has their cake and is eating it too... That's simply impossible. 

This has some merit. 

People are not playing Denver's defense next week because they play New England. Fair. 
People are cautious about playing NE offensive players because of DEN defense. Fair.

But one has to give, right? Someone has to win. Unless people think the game will be 3-0, but then DEN defense would be a good start. So people shy away from both sides saying it's a bad matchup.... well, someone has to score points. If Denver is that good and holds NE then we should be recommending people start the Denver defense. Since no one in the Playoff Streaming Defense thread is suggesting this, I would imagine it's because they view NE as a bad matchup for the DEN defense. So then you'd imagine people here would be saying Mitchell would do well vs DEN. Unfortunately not. Everyone has their cake and is eating it too... That's simply impossible. 
Brady seems to get up for challenges when things look bleak and then he uncovers them and tears them apart. Just saying...next week.

But one has to give, right?
No not really. Pretty easy for Brady to toss for 220-250, 1-2 TD's and if as usual he does not turn it over then will work out to not a good matchup for Brady or Denver D.

You got a QB who has only been picked once and a defense that has only given up two or more passing TD's in two games. That's a bad matchup for both.

Denver is vulnerable against the run so I could see Brady getting 0 or 1 touchdown and Blount getting 1 or 2 which doesn't help Brady or the Denver D.

No not really. Pretty easy for Brady to toss for 220-250, 1-2 TD's and if as usual he does not turn it over then will work out to not a good matchup for Brady or Denver D.

You got a QB who has only been picked once and a defense that has only given up two or more passing TD's in two games. That's a bad matchup for both.
Next Tuesday morning we may or may not be discussing this? This week it seems like some of us feel that Mitchell will emerge as perhaps a strong WR #2 with upside. It may not happen like others have suggested 2 for 17 yards makes this all a moot point. But, 7 for 75 and one or two TD's means we will be back here next week discussing...

In one league I am looking at starting two WR's: Hilton and either T Williams or M Mitchell? Going back n' forth on these two guys.

In another league we start 3 WR's. In are ODJ and Dez. WR #3 goes to M Thomas, R Matthews, Watkins, or Mitchell? I have Thomas penciled in but may change to Mitchell? R Matthews has been awesome, but he gets DEN this week.

Team Smokin' said:
In another league we start 3 WR's. In are ODJ and Dez. WR #3 goes to M Thomas, R Matthews, Watkins, or Mitchell? I have Thomas penciled in but may change to Mitchell? R Matthews has been awesome, but he gets DEN this week.
I am in the same boat. with Thomas not practicing the last 2 days, Mitchell may make the start in his stead at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread