What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (7 Viewers)

Fn Harry Kane 
Damn near got the hat trick in the first half. :thumbup:  

First time up at 6:30 watching EPL due to a bourbon-induced oversize series of bets on spurs/Dortmund last night. Honestly really enjoying it... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn near got the hat trick in the first half. :thumbup:  

First time up at 6:30 watching EPL due to a bourbon-induced oversize series of bets on spurs/Dortmund last night. Honestly really enjoying it... 
Of note: pleasantly surprised by the pace and quality of play, and the lack of dirty play and cheap diving. Imminently watchable coming from CONCACAF WCQ. 

WH have a guy who wins every header, but they can't clear the first man on any of their free kicks.

Also still not convinced chach is playing

Just a PSA - but if you are interested in Southampton v. Man United - it is the primary match shown on Goal Rush - as opposed to only being shown on the NBC Gold package...

Southampton on the front foot all 2nd half, unlucky not to find a goal.

Jose sent off...####.
:lmao:  I don't know what he did but he very casually and graciously shook hands with the whole Soton coaching staff while Virgil and the other subs were laughing about something.

Good effort, lots of possession but still missing that final piece of creativity. This season is gonna be a slog for Saints fans. Lemina and Romeu will help keep things close 'cuz they can really bust up the middle.

:lmao:  I don't know what he did but he very casually and graciously shook hands with the whole Soton coaching staff while Virgil and the other subs were laughing about something.
:lol:  when he went to shake Pellegrino's hand - I don't think Pellegrino knew that Jose had been sent off - turned around and gave him a wtf look

Has there been a bigger year to year difference so far than Moreno? Embarrassingly awful last year to really, really good this year with some big time influential plays.

BTW, thanks for that link, Sinn. Got to see the second half of Saints and that stream also cut away to goals at other games. Which meant that I got to see a lot of Man City or Morata. 

Today has seemed like a day where the big clubs are defining the separation between them and the rest. Caveat, my cable is broken so I don't know what Liverpool is doing.

Moreno is still wonky defensively.  It's hard to untangle how much of it's him and how much is Lovren on that side, but even if you give him a pass on being out of position, he loses a lot of 1 v 1 situations IMO.

Ref having a #### game.

Okazawi was onside.

Mignolet was fouled.

Mignolet kicked the ball and only hit Vardy on the follow through.  True he didn't kick the ball well but he was clearly there first and did make contact.

Probably a pen on Can more often than not.

Just a PSA - but if you are interested in Southampton v. Man United - it is the primary match shown on Goal Rush - as opposed to only being shown on the NBC Gold package...
:wall:  Wish I would have known that, didn't see any of the game.  Effing hell.  Oh wait the app kept crashing anyway so it was all a cluster.

:wall:  Wish I would have known that, didn't see any of the game.  Effing hell.  Oh wait the app kept crashing anyway so it was all a cluster.
I was getting a pretty bad feed but I always assume that's because I have a cheap computer. I never got great feeds with NBC's platform either.

I liked this initially thinking about his sportsmanship and antics on the field.  However, by all accounts, he is very serious and generous about philanthropy.  He definitely has character, even though he can lack class and lose his temper during a game at times. 
Fair enough.  I was definitely speaking of how he is as a player.  Your post made me look up his philanthropy and it was good to see how much he does for others less fortunate.  The drawback is that I just might despise him less when I see him playing for Madrid.  

Seems like Dortmund are Concentrating on the Leaguetm - left Pulisic on the bench against RM 
Said this in the US thread, but Dortmund has the "problem" of having Pulisic, Yarmolenko, and Maximillian Phillip all in excellent form.  Unfortunately for our Lord and Saviour, he's probably third on that list on current form. 

Users who are viewing this thread