What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (7 Viewers)

Play like a #####, lose like a #####.

Why pull Kane and let them just control it in the attacking 3rd after you've been dominating the whole game?  I realize he just wanted the draw at that point but turtling up wasn't even the best way to accomplish that at that point, much less any chance of pulling a late win back out.

Such an overreaction to one lucky shot.

Hey guys, other than Leeds (Leeds, Leeds) cementing their spot at top of the table, did anything fun happen today?

Just now finished.  I mean finished.  Hoo boy.

Also, it's a testament to the incredible skill PSG have that they managed to stay in the game with, what... 5? 6? guys playing defense.  Looked like Liverpool had 15 guys on the field instead of the usual 13.

ETA:  and a great result in the other game as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not an expert by any means, and I realize that midfield is far and away the toughest position to “analyze”. 

But I thought he was terrible today.  Got dribbled past 3 times at least, put the team under pressure before the goal was conceded by panicking and rushing the pass backwards to VVD.

Hes ok.  But he’s a liability to a team that has designs on winning the league.  

Wijnaldum is better than him as a 6 (never gets dribbled past)  and Fab probably is as well.

But hey the team won so whatever.  
Update on this after the PSG training match?

Tigres vs Toronto tonight in the inaugural Campeones Cup. 

"I think the Mexican league probably still is better in terms of the quality they're able to attract from top to bottom," Altidore said. "The inferior teams so to speak in Mexico are able to spend a little more and spread it out and get some more quality players. Our league is doing a good job of trying to counter that. We have a salary cap so it's different. But I think looking at both leagues with us having a salary cap, we have to be happy with where we are and where we're trying to go. I think the possibilities are great for MLS, and I think if anybody's future is brighter so to speak, you can't knock what's going on in MLS right now."

The match, which seeks to tap into the longstanding rivalry between the two countries, comes at a difficult time for both clubs, as each team is occupied by their respective league commitments. Tigres has the Clasico Regiomontano this weekend against city rivals Monterrey. TFC has struggled all season with injuries that have left it sitting nine points outside the playoff places with just six games remaining.

I have no idea what this thing is or what you get for winning it. But at least it features an MLS team in end-of-season form facing off against a mex team, instead of the iditoic usual pre-season CL games.

I have no idea what this thing is or what you get for winning it. 
It is step 1 of a long list of items the Mexican FA and US Soccer want to get in place to make the two leagues closer to each other.

Each team’s players get $240k to split for playing in the game, and an additional $100k to split if they win.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
It would not surprise me if on appeal UEFA rescinds the red.  Its weak enough, but don't discount the Ronaldo v United angle.

Hardly the first time he has lost his temper like this too
Intentional violent contact has always been a red if the ref sees it.  From Richarlison to Pepe to at least Beckham -- 100% of the time.

No idea why this argument keeps happening.  If you don't want a red keep your hands and feet and head to yourself.

Intentional violent contact has always been a red if the ref sees it.  From Richarlison to Pepe to at least Beckham -- 100% of the time.

No idea why this argument keeps happening.  If you don't want a red keep your hands and feet and head to yourself.
The key word in this instance - “violent”

Users who are viewing this thread