What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (7 Viewers)

God bless Leeds. Dont ever change boys.
I kind of admire it!  "Like, yeah, we know we're going to get curb stomped by some of the big teams, but we'll play bravely and get good enough at our style that we win a lot of games too and stay up."  Which they will.

Meanwhile, the tool that started everything, Ochoa, remains unpunished and LA are out a key player for the final.

Herrera has also been sacked today

====

[Kevin Baxter] CONCACAF has given @ClubAmeric manager Miguel Herrera and @LAFC assistant Ante Razov 4-match suspensions for unsporting conduct in Saturday's Champions League semifinal. Herrera also got a further 1-match suspension for communicating with the team after being ejected.

I’d like to thank Newcastle for taking the sting out of the Steelers’ feckless effort last night by losing to ####### Brentford in the Cup match today. I hate sports. Sports are dumb.

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Tottenham, City, Chelsea, Villa, Leeds, Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Sunderland

In my world they'd be in the EPL every year.
Historically no, but after what Leicester has done I think you almost have to add them to the list.  One of the most remarkable overall stories and definitely single season stories ever.

Stoke playing a 4th-string (5th?) keeper.  

Spurs playing like they could see promotion from the Championship with a few lucky bounces.

So the league cup semi-finalists are

United
Tottenham
City
Brentford

one of these things is not like the others.....

So the FA will draw City vs Tottenham with the hopes of either getting a Derby final or a Jose vs United final. And United will lose to Brentford to ruin it all.

So the league cup semi-finalists are

United
Tottenham
City
Brentford

one of these things is not like the others.....

So the FA will draw City vs Tottenham with the hopes of either getting a Derby final or a Jose vs United final. And United will lose to Brentford to ruin it all.
Guess they didnt want to risk it so 

United v City
Tottenham v Brentford

TSA smiles....

Rashford missed an absolute sitter and then gets lucky to make it 1-0.

Bailliy is crap and shouldn’t be on the pitch - he looks as nervous on the ball as I feel any time it gets near him.

I’d love to yell at McTominay and Bailliy for not closing Barnes down but that’s all on Bruno for being sloppy and a brilliant strike by Barnes.

Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham had a header goal today vs. Arsenal. When it happened like always all the arms went up instantly calling for an offside. Cue the VAR.

VAR zoomed all the way in until it was looking at the defender's big toe. Big toe showed Onside. Goal Chelsea. Amazing. 

Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham had a header goal today vs. Arsenal. When it happened like always all the arms went up instantly calling for an offside. Cue the VAR.

VAR zoomed all the way in until it was looking at the defender's big toe. Big toe showed Onside. Goal Chelsea. Amazing. 
He actually chested it in - something you don’t see too often.

Someone has to explain handball to me. For the Dunk goal, I think it should be a good goal. His arm was against his side and he didn't try to control the ball. But I thought they'd changed the rule to where essentially if a ball touched the hairs on a forward's arms it was no good. The ball clearly hit his arm. So I was expecting the goal to be rescinded. Nope. So wtf is the rule now?

Someone has to explain handball to me. For the Dunk goal, I think it should be a good goal. His arm was against his side and he didn't try to control the ball. But I thought they'd changed the rule to where essentially if a ball touched the hairs on a forward's arms it was no good. The ball clearly hit his arm. So I was expecting the goal to be rescinded. Nope. So wtf is the rule now?
You have the rule correct - but I think it was not "clear" that the ball struck his arm (as opposed to just his gut).

Big Sam was a bad hire for Wes Brom, and he will be sacked before the end of the season (thus preserving his record of never having been relegated).

Rashford missed an absolute sitter and then gets lucky to make it 1-0.

Bailliy is crap and shouldn’t be on the pitch - he looks as nervous on the ball as I feel any time it gets near him.
Bailly had a good game, outside of the odd handball.  Needs a run of games without injury and would be their best CB.

No need to play Lindelof at RB.

I’d love to yell at McTominay and Bailliy for not closing Barnes down but that’s all on Bruno for being sloppy and a brilliant strike by Barnes.
McT should have closed him down and saved Bruno from the mistake.  Blame Bruno and McT.

Draw probably fair.  Ole needs a CB.
Agreed

Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham had a Chested goal today vs. Arsenal. When it happened like always all the arms went up instantly calling for an offside. Cue the VAR.

fixed.  :excited:  

So for once he was onside by a toe and not off by one.  It goes both ways, should be a clear and obvious mistake and if the player is even, he is on.  

And why is the linesman calling it?  Isn't he supposed to wait so it can go to review?  I wish they would make up their mind.  They wait to flag someone that is 2 yards and clearly off but then instantly flag someone that is even?  Ridiculous application.

Sinn Fein said:
Jose Out!

Can still get Poch back before he signs with PSG...
What, 89 mins too long to park the bus? 

Bailly had a good game, outside of the odd handball.  Needs a run of games without injury and would be their best CB.
I felt this way maybe 2 years ago.  But we just disagree now - He’s been complete garbage IMO and he had several mistakes in addition to the handball.  He’s had his chances and hasn’t made the most of it.  

I felt this way maybe 2 years ago.  But we just disagree now - He’s been complete garbage IMO and he had several mistakes in addition to the handball.  He’s had his chances and hasn’t made the most of it.  
With Lindelof seemingly out for awhile he may get a chance to prove one of us right.  

Despite Bailley and Tuanzabee, United still needs a CB along with a holding MF, RW and now its evident they need depth at RB, although I am not sure why Williams isn't getting a look there.

With Lindelof seemingly out for awhile he may get a chance to prove one of us right.  

Despite Bailley and Tuanzabee, United still needs a CB along with a holding MF, RW and now its evident they need depth at RB, although I am not sure why Williams isn't getting a look there.
Despite any stats to the contrary, United haven’t sorted out their back line since Rio/Vidic.  With as wide open as things appear in the league I think it’s worth gambling on a CB even if you have to overpay.  I still think Pool will win the league by double digits but we are almost at the halfway point and they haven’t pulled away yet.  

Users who are viewing this thread