What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (5 Viewers)

I can’t say that I am “all in” but I believe enough that I sat Aaron Rodgers in week 1 in favor of Jackson.

We all know the kid can run and if he can stay healthy, he will provide decent fantasy numbers on his running ability.  I like that while in college he improved as a passer each season. It’s going to be fun to see what he can do with a full training camp being the #1 QB and being in an offense that allegedly is designed for him.

I believe enough that I sat Aaron Rodgers in week 1 in favor of Jackson
So did I, but Rodgers was on the road against the best defense from last season, after having not played at all in preseason, in a new offense. The circumstances it an easy choice.

I'm sad I only got him in 2/3 leagues. Had one of those jabronis in my last league who took his back up QB before his flex??? Really excited for this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yenrub said:
I can’t say that I am “all in” but I believe enough that I sat Aaron Rodgers in week 1 in favor of Jackson.

We all know the kid can run and if he can stay healthy, he will provide decent fantasy numbers on his running ability.  I like that while in college he improved as a passer each season. It’s going to be fun to see what he can do with a full training camp being the #1 QB and being in an offense that allegedly is designed for him.
Good call.

The Ravens may be able to run at will in this game against the Dolphins but it would be kind of hard for him to have a worse fantasy performance than what Rodgers just put up.

He’s THE QB to start this week IMO. Miami has a couple of good defensive players, but they’re in the secondary. Their front seven may be historically bad. He may set the single game rushing record for a QB tomorrow. My only concern would be that the game may be put away too early for Baltimore to need to expose him to possible injury. 

He’s THE QB to start this week IMO. Miami has a couple of good defensive players, but they’re in the secondary. Their front seven may be historically bad. He may set the single game rushing record for a QB tomorrow. My only concern would be that the game may be put away too early for Baltimore to need to expose him to possible injury. 
I think Flores might be a good scheme coach, and it will be 90 degrees with 70% humidity. Are they wearing black uniforms? I expect play action success to Andrews. Are the WRs any good?

Nice call bro.   I ended up putting him in over brees after reading this and thinking about it some more.

i still believe in Jackson's upside and took him as my QB largely based on what I thought was a decent throwing ability in that playoff game last year and with all the positive talk about the Baltimore offense being revamped BUT is now the time to try to sell high on Jackson?  It's basically like he's playing against Boston College out there, so not super surprising.  :shrug:

Have no shares of jackson but i am pondering how much of this is just how bad the dolphins are, griffin in now looking just as good?

Have no shares of jackson but i am pondering how much of this is just how bad the dolphins are, griffin in now looking just as good?
LOL Griffin 2/2 for 14 yards.  Not quite just as good.  Fins are bad, but those passes were dimes.  Everyone wanted to roll Lamar because he was inaccurate.  He looked incredibly accurate today.  Barely used his legs at all.  I am sure you wont be the only one to write this off as the Dolphins being bad - but its a mistake.  This was a sick performance, and he didnt even do what he does best.

In to admit I was a non-believer.   :eek:   I don't have him in any leagues and I wasn't going against him in any, so no biggie.  He did look good though.

Had him on my bench and started Rodgers....Yea it's gonna sting force bit. 

Good news is L Jax plays Bengals next week and Rodgers has Minny so it's an easy call....

I am full on drinking the kool-aid....

Last edited by a moderator:
Had him on my bench and started Rodgers....Yea it's gonna sting force bit. 

Good news is L Jax plays Bengals next week and Rodgers has Minny so it's an easy call....

I am full on drinking the kool-aid....
On my bench for Winston. In fairness they both have good matchups. Probably go with Lamar next week.

Trying not to kiss up...but good for Waldman banging the drum on this guy when he looked so bad last year. He has his misses but has the guts to stick with his guys.

This game versus Miami is not a good barometer. But, Andrews look like a top TE and Hollywood Brown is good. Lamar's deep ball is good, when he has time, Miami had no pass rush.

LOL Griffin 2/2 for 14 yards.  Not quite just as good.  Fins are bad, but those passes were dimes.  Everyone wanted to roll Lamar because he was inaccurate.  He looked incredibly accurate today.  Barely used his legs at all.  I am sure you wont be the only one to write this off as the Dolphins being bad - but its a mistake.  This was a sick performance, and he didnt even do what he does best.
The dolphins are bad, but my quote didnt write jackson off at all was just wondering how much of that played into it.

Lamar Jackson completed 17-of-20 passes for 324 yards and five touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 1 win over Miami.

The Ravens had a field day in Miami, with Jackson leading the way. Two of Jackson's touchdowns were to Marquise Brown, including an 83-yard bomb. Jackson only rushed three times for six yards, but this was as accurate as he's looked as a pro. There's a lot of positives takeaways in this one, though it came against a tanking Dolphins team. Jackson is a must-start for another plus matchup with the Cardinals in Week 2.
Two things before I start:

1) someone rename the thread and put in his current team...

2) Stream guys vs. Miami

Now, he was back in his hometown and put on a absolute show. Beautiful passes and he was doing whatever he wanted out there. He's not always going to pass for multiple TDs but the fact he did this w/o utilizing his legs has got to feel great for his owners. People will flock to Marquise Brown, but Jackson seems like a guy who will spread the wealth and he has the weapons to do that.

So what's Lamar worth now in dynasty? 

I could use a QB and want to make a fair offer off the bat.

So what's Lamar worth now in dynasty? 

I could use a QB and want to make a fair offer off the bat.
I own him in a 1 QB league and it would take a haul for me to part with him...and I have Dak and Wilson on the bench.  I know people will call this an overreaction to one week, but I think he has legit NFL season MVP potential.  I think he is worth slightly less than Mahomes in dynasty.  There is no other QB I would trade him for right now.  

I realize this is going to be a polarizing post with people thinking its a ridiculous overreaction to beating the Dolphins.  I get it too.  I just just dont agree with it.  I am buying wherever possible.

Waldman....

Only temper Lamar Jackson and the Ravens Offensive fireworks A bit

We all know that the Miami Dolphins are an NFL wasteland Tanking for Tua (Tagovailoa). Even so, Reshad Jones, Xavien Howard, Bobby McCain, and Eric Rowe isn't a bad secondary. Jones and Howard and Pro Bowl talents, and McCain has performed well as a slot defender. It's why you'd be wise not to discount Lamar Jackson...again.

Yes, again, because many of you will when you look at the box score on the surface. However, I'm hoping that more of you will eventually come to your senses and realize that for the past three years Jackson has demonstrably shown that he is not Michael Vick but more on his way to becoming a more mobile and far more pocket-savvy DeShaun Watson.

Like Vick, Jackson can win big this his speed and agility as a ball carrier. Unlike Jackson, Vick could not hang in the pocket with control and precision for most of his career. Like Watson, Jackson lacks accuracy on perimeter timing routes but both read progressions well and deliver with accuracy in the middle of the field as well as targets that allow for them to place air under the ball.

We'll see more of this on display as the level of competition increases. This weekend, let's appreciate Jackson's deep accuracy, manipulation of his opponent, and his improvisational prowess as a passer.

I think one thing people aren't talking about is how the Dolphins could have just had the worst possible gameplan. If you spent the offseason gameplanning against last years Lamar Jackson, that probably won't help against this new offense where he only ran the ball 3 times. Things might get more difficult for the Ravens once teams actually start expecting and defending the pass. 

I think one thing people aren't talking about is how the Dolphins could have just had the worst possible gameplan. If you spent the offseason gameplanning against last years Lamar Jackson, that probably won't help against this new offense where he only ran the ball 3 times. Things might get more difficult for the Ravens once teams actually start expecting and defending the pass. 
That's the great thing about being one of the most electric runners in the league. If the defense treats you like a traditional pocket passer you burn them on the ground.

That's the great thing about being one of the most electric runners in the league. If the defense treats you like a traditional pocket passer you burn them on the ground.
Yup.  I am thinking they followed the Charges playoff blueprint.  Worked when Lamar was unable to complete passes, which actually changed in the 4th quarter of that game, and was pretty clearly changed in week 1.  Pick your poison.  Play traditional D and watch him burn you on the ground, or shut down his running and hope your defensive backs and pass rushers can stop him from burning you in the air.  

NFL Research @NFLResearch

After being known for his running prowess last season, Lamar Jackson put up the most fantasy points by a QB in BAL franchise history (33.56 fantasy pts) in Week 1, but only 0.6 of that came from his legs. In fact, his 6 rushing yds vs MIA were his lowest in any game as a starter.

Per Pro Football Reference's Play Index, Lamar Jackson is the first player in NFL history to throw for at least 270 yards and rush for at least 120 in the same game.

Lamar Jackson completed 24-of-37 passes for 272 yards, two touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Ravens' 23-17, Week 2 win over the Cardinals.

Jackson converted 16 carries into an additional 120-scoreless yards on the ground. He was unstoppable for the majority of the afternoon, mixing in accurate darts to Mark Andrews and Hollywood Brown with electrifying runs off of read options. The Cardinals defense never had a chance. Jackson has now thrown for more touchdowns in 2019 (seven) than he managed in all of 2018 (six). Fantasy football’s QB1 to this point, Jackson is locked and loaded as a top-three option at the position entering a potential shootout in Week 3 against the Chiefs.

Sep 15, 2019, 4:17 PM ET

Per Pro Football Reference's Play Index, Lamar Jackson is the first player in NFL history to throw for at least 270 yards and rush for at least 120 in the same game.

How did he look passing today against the Cardinals?

The stats look good but I didn't see the game

Welcome to the starting lineup.  Was playing the Goff road/home splits...next week vs. the Chiefs gonna be fun.

Jamison Hensley @jamisonhensley

Lamar Jackson’s NFL rankings after two games:

Passer rating: 145.2 (1st)

Comp. rate: 71.9 percent (5th)

Passing yards: 596 (10th)

Yards per att.: 10.46 (3rd)

TDs: 7 (t-1st)

Rushing yards: 126 (15th overall, 1st for QBs)

Users who are viewing this thread