What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (10 Viewers)

Evan Engram? 

2022 1st and Pittman for Engram? 

not sure what I think about this in a non TE premium league. Hard to let go of him when there’s a big opportunity with Barkley gone
Engram isn't worth anything anymore now that more TE's have broken out.  I'm not the biggest fan of Pittman but he's looked solid so far and better than I thought he would be.  I'd easily go 1st and Pittman here.  Especially in non-TE premium

Engram isn't worth anything anymore now that more TE's have broken out.  I'm not the biggest fan of Pittman but he's looked solid so far and better than I thought he would be.  I'd easily go 1st and Pittman here.  Especially in non-TE premium
I don't agree with that at all.  Engram was never valuable because of scarcity, he was valuable because he had reset the market type upside.  He still does.  Very few TE are capable of being regulars in the 20 point club, and with Barkley out Engram's got an even better chance.  I've turned the corner on my Engram addiction but I'd still be acquiring him if people are offering him at isn't-worth-anything level pricing.

I don't agree with that at all.  Engram was never valuable because of scarcity, he was valuable because he had reset the market type upside.  He still does.  Very few TE are capable of being regulars in the 20 point club, and with Barkley out Engram's got an even better chance.  I've turned the corner on my Engram addiction but I'd still be acquiring him if people are offering him at isn't-worth-anything level pricing.
Would you trade Geiseki for Engram right now?

And there's more and more TE's now that can regularly be in the 20 point club. We're seeing a bunch of breakout TE's right before our eyes already this year. That just pushes Engram's value down. Agree he'll get an uptick without Barkley, but how much does that realistically increase his long term value? I'd argue very little because people just don't like him, he hasn't been healthy regularly, and there's younger TE's who are in better positions to succeed long term than Engram is. 

I'd rather have Goedert, Jonnu, Hockenson, Fant over Engram. Maybe Ertz and Hunter Henry depending on your view of them. Not even including the elite top4 Kelce, Kittle, Andrews, Waller. That's 10 TE's in my view that are better dynasty TE's. Long term he isn't special, will likely get hurt again, and older than all of those TE's I listed. Tied to a bad offense, but he'll get volume this year. We'll see how long that lasts. I'd happily cash out for that 1st in non-TE premium.  

Got an offer today of Aaron Jones for CEH.

I love what Jones is doing this year, but I drafted CEH and took a risk, I sorta want to see how it plays out.

What is Tyler Boyd worth in start 1 QB dynasty PPR right now? I received an offer of his Boyd, Darnold & L. Murray for my Aiyuk, Cousins & Mike Williams.

I have Lamar, but zero interest in replacing Cousins with hot garbage Darnold (He also has Danny Dimes so maybe try to get him instead?) Also, I don't own Kamara so Murray doesn't move my needle & I am high on Aiyuk. Don't care about selling Williams. Who has more perceived value long term, Boyd or Aiyuk? Maybe try Williams & AIyuk for Boyd?
Boyd > Aiyuk pretty easily for me, but I am not a big Aiyuk fan.  Boyd reminds me a lot of a little bit younger Robert Woods where he'll just keep producing but nobody really wants him.

The rest of the deal is just noise.

So, would you trade Davis, Carolina RB for a 2021 3rd pick, Dynasty league?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not if you're a contender. He will continue to produce while CMc is out. And even once he's back, Davis will be one of the better handcuffs. Chances of hitting on a rookie in the 3rd aren't great.

If not a contender and like to load up on picks, Davis and a 4th for a 2nd would be okay.

In my 12 team dynasty I got an offer of:

2021 High 1st rounder, 2022 late 1st rounder, and McLaurin

for

DCook, Mattison, and Mo Alie Cox.  

I’m thinking of taking it as I got Barkley down for the season.  

Even if CMC were back tomorrow I would rather have Davis over a 3rd round pick now that we know he is the clear handcuff and will produce in that role.

Plus CMC's injury is one that tends to linger and if he aggravates it around fantasy playoff time Davis could be a league winner.

FreeBaGeL said:
Even if CMC were back tomorrow I would rather have Davis over a 3rd round pick now that we know he is the clear handcuff and will produce in that role.

Plus CMC's injury is one that tends to linger and if he aggravates it around fantasy playoff time Davis could be a league winner.
Thank you.....you made my decision very clear!

I inquired about Allen Robinson. 16 team IDP dynasty PPR.  I am 3-0 and loaded at RB, TE, DL, LB and above average at every other position except for WR.

was offered Robinson for

C Kirk + 2 2021 2nd rounders.

(In 2021 and 2022 I  have a 1st and 3 2nds each year)

i just traded for Crowder and now my WR are Lockett, Crowder, DJ Moore, Kirk, Ruggs, Pittman, LFitz. We start 2-4 WR

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am leaning towards accepting the trade but not 100% sure if his value. Feel free to ignore if too much of an asst coach question.  :)

I inquired about Allen Robinson. 16 team IDP dynasty PPR.  I am 3-0 and loaded at RB, TE, DL, LB and above average at every other position except for WR.

was offered Robinson for

i just traded for Crowder and now my WR are Lockett, Crowder, DJ Moore, Kirk, Ruggs, Pittman, LFitz. We start 2-4 WR

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am leaning towards accepting the trade but not 100% sure if his value. Feel free to ignore if too much of an asst coach question.  :)
Auto accept for me with the caveat being that I am dumbfounded at what level people still value Kirk.  

was offered Robinson for

Smash accept. 

Anymore input?
I wouldn't trade Aiyuk for Boyd straight up. The younger guy and same production is worth more for obvious reasons. Boyd is under-appreciated for sure but I don't see the point in acquiring him for a young ascending player. Boyd isnt even 26 yet, but with Burrow I question which direction that team is heading towards. He's a good player on not so great offense. Those guys I generally stay away from acquiring. Not that Aiyuk is in any different a situation, but he has more youth and the perceived potential for more. 

I wouldn't trade Aiyuk for Boyd straight up. The younger guy and same production is worth more for obvious reasons. Boyd is under-appreciated for sure but I don't see the point in acquiring him for a young ascending player. Boyd isnt even 26 yet, but with Burrow I question which direction that team is heading towards. He's a good player on not so great offense. Those guys I generally stay away from acquiring. Not that Aiyuk is in any different a situation, but he has more youth and the perceived potential for more. 
A bit premature to call it same production after Aiyuk put up one good game where most of his production came on the ground.

ETA: I actually like Boyd a lot.  It seems like his floor is a Robert Woods type career where he's an under appreciated low WR1/high WR2 producer for years and if Burrow lives up to the hype he still has upside to be more than that.

A bit premature to call it same production after Aiyuk put up one good game where most of his production came on the ground.

ETA: I actually like Boyd a lot.  It seems like his floor is a Robert Woods type career where he's an under appreciated low WR1/high WR2 producer for years and if Burrow lives up to the hype he still has upside to be more than that.
Premature but it's kind of safe to say the floor has been established no? When Deebo and Kittle come back maybe something changes but his outlook looks promising where Boyd's is questionable. I totally agree with you he could be similar to Woods, but Aiyuk has shown that too IMO. 

I understand siding with upside, but I think Boyd has the better situation. He's the top target of a soon-to-be elite QB who is already throwing the ball a ton. Perhaps second to Higgins eventually. Aiyuk is likely the 3rd option on a run first team with an average QB. I'd want Aiyuk+ for Boyd right now too.

Boyd has been a 75+ catch/1000+ yards receiver for 2.5 years now and now has a high potential QB that he's playing even better with.

Brandon Aiyuk was a mid 2nd round rookie pick.  Boyd is certainly worth a lot more than a mid 2nd and I find it hard to believe Aiyuk's value has increased THAT much from there because he had one game with 5 catches for 70 yards while all his competition for targets was out injured.

He's a nice enough prospect.  Aiyuk+2nd wouldn't even get me interested if I had Boyd, personally.  I do realize that my own approach to dynasty probably affects that relative to the market as I LOVE to cheaply acquire and hold guys like Lockett/Woods/Boyd and not have to bother spending significant capital constantly chasing guys like Aiyuk and Mims just to have a below average chance of getting that same production in the end.

Got an offer today of Aaron Jones for CEH.

I love what Jones is doing this year, but I drafted CEH and took a risk, I sorta want to see how it plays out.
been trying to trade Aaron jones all year and i got one real offer but it involved mostly 2022 picks. i dont know what to do with jones. I'm not going to sell him for peanuts but people are scared of what is going to happen next year. my goodness if he signed an extension with GB today his dynasty value would nearly double IMO

I was offered DeVante Parker for my 20211st in a 12 team Superflex dynasty. That seems like too high of a price to me given his current injury woes and lack of long term success. I am considering countering with my 2nd rd pick. Thoughts?

COVID-related deal, 12 team superflex. 

Totally unexpected. Couple weeks ago I got the bunch that Mullins might be job auditioning & thus worth a pickup when JimmyG went down. $11/500 FAAB

rec’d & accepted offer today of J.Richard & a 2021 1.0x (should be top 4) for Mullins, as dude’s starters are Tannehill & Foles. Thanks to injures (Luck) and demotions (Jameis) he was thin on QBs. 

Best $11 I ever spent. 

imma try to package Richard to the Jacobs owner for a WR. 

ps - feels especially full circle since the same dude beat me to Tennehill by $1 - I bid $37, he bid $38

FF is funny sometimes. I wasn’t planning on being a COVID profiteer, yet here we are. Feels a little unclean. 

northern exposure said:
I was offered DeVante Parker for my 20211st in a 12 team Superflex dynasty. That seems like too high of a price to me given his current injury woes and lack of long term success. I am considering countering with my 2nd rd pick. Thoughts?
Parker is worth a 1st. Tua has the potential to create a dynamic offense & Parker & Williams will be beneficiaries of that. There’s risk, sure, but that’s a team on the up. 

If i had Parker there’s no way I’d accept a 2nd alone. Just MHO. Seems fair as it. Can always ask, but it might stall negotiations. 

Parker is worth a 1st. Tua has the potential to create a dynamic offense & Parker & Williams will be beneficiaries of that. There’s risk, sure, but that’s a team on the up. 

If i had Parker there’s no way I’d accept a 2nd alone. Just MHO. Seems fair as it. Can always ask, but it might stall negotiations. 
Superflex makes it tougher because the talent really stretches out through most of the 1st round in that format.  CeeDee Lamb was 1.10 ADP in that format this year, for instance.

Just rec’d an offer.  I’d solicited the owner for Fuller in the preseason. Now he’s 1-2 and looking to move assets.  I’m 2-1 and looking pretty good. And bonus, I play them this week. Trades executed immediately. 

Superflex dynasty, 12-team PPR, with 5 Flex positions. 

Win-now window of ~2 years.

Would you trade a 2022 1st for Fuller? 

I see it like a 2021 2nd

Just rec’d an offer.  I’d solicited the owner for Fuller in the preseason. Now he’s 1-2 and looking to move assets.  I’m 2-1 and looking pretty good. And bonus, I play them this week. Trades executed immediately. 

Superflex dynasty, 12-team PPR, with 5 Flex positions. 

Win-now window of ~2 years.

Would you trade a 2022 1st for Fuller? 

I see it like a 2021 2nd
I'm not the hugest fan of calling guys injury prone but Fuller is in his 5th year and has missed time with nagging injuries in every single one of them.  I don't think I'd give up any 1st for Fuller but if you want to take a big upside swing there are few guys available at that price that will provide a higher upside.

but if you want to take a big upside swing there are few guys available at that price that will provide a higher upside.
that’s the thought. I lose nothing from my roster & get help for my BYEs. That he just had a hammy scare is a concern, but he’s also in a contract year. Players often find a way to stay on the field. 

Dynasty value: What do you guys think of his Cooper Kupp and DeVante Parker and a third for James Robinson and Denzel Mims and a sixth?

I'm thinking of offering James Robinson, Denzel Mims, and a fourth for Cooper Kupp, DeVante Parker, and a second.

Dynasty value: What do you guys think of his Cooper Kupp and DeVante Parker and a third for James Robinson and Denzel Mims and a sixth?

I'm thinking of offering James Robinson, Denzel Mims, and a fourth for Cooper Kupp, DeVante Parker, and a second.
I own Kupp and wouldn't accept that offer - not close, IMO. Parker and Kupp are the two best players in that deal.

If I was you I’d take either deal.  My league values wr’s a bit more than average but I still think it’s a good cash out on Robinson.

If he keeps this up for three years then it’s arguable you lose, but even then it’s not like Kupp is an unknown or 35yrs old.  Parker is valuable too.

I am not getting this at all...I love what I see with Robinson but he is far from a definite and not the guy I am gonna over-pay for after three games...Kupp and Parker are two high-end WRs while Mims is a solid but nothing special prospect in a very bad situation... I find the fact the Kupp/Parker owner has to add a #3 or a #2 as almost offensive...if I was the Kupp/Parker Owner this would take me a second to reject.

I own Kupp and wouldn't accept that offer - not close, IMO. Parker and Kupp are the two best players in that deal.
He wouldn't do the deal either. He wants Mims, Edwards, a fourth, a sixth, Robinson, Corey Davis for Cooper Kupp and DeVante Parker. What's close, in your eyes?

I've responded with Mims and Robinson and a sixth for Kupp and Parker.

I am not getting this at all...I love what I see with Robinson but he is far from a definite and not the guy I am gonna over-pay for after three games...Kupp and Parker are two high-end WRs while Mims is a solid but nothing special prospect in a very bad situation... I find the fact the Kupp/Parker owner has to add a #3 or a #2 as almost offensive...if I was the Kupp/Parker Owner this would take me a second to reject.
Yeah, he's the one who inquired about Robinson, so...I don't know. He asked for Mims, Edwards, a fourth, a sixth, Corey Davis, and Mims for Parker and Kupp.

per Dynasty League Football's Trade Finder, Robinson is going for a first and then some in deals. It's pretty consistent.

But I'm asking valuation advice and not attempting to argue, so...

He wouldn't do the deal either. He wants Mims, Edwards, a fourth, a sixth, Robinson for Cooper Kupp and DeVante Parker. What's close, in your eyes?

Yeah, he's the one who inquired about Robinson, so...I don't know. He asked for Mims, Edwards, a fourth, a sixth, Corey Davis, and Mims for Parker and Kupp.

per Dynasty League Football's Trade Finder, Robinson is going for a first and then some in deals. It's pretty consistent.

I would do that deal...you are nibbling around the edges of your roster and getting two quality WRs...Mims has very limited value to me, Davis is Davis, Edwards is very intriguing but not a core member of your roster and while I am high on Robinson he is a guy who was on the waiver wire in most leagues prior to Fournette getting cut...if you can add Kupp and Parker for that I would do it in a heartbeat.

I don't think giving up two second-rounders is nibbling around the deal, but I appreciate your input. I drafted Mims and Edwards at 2.4 and 2.7, respectively. So it'd be essentially a first-rounder, two seconds, and a fourth and a sixth plus Corey Davis for Kupp and Parker for a team looking to essentially rebuild. At twenty-seven years old, each.

I'm not doing that. That's essentially paying a draft for those two guys.

He just offered Kupp, Parker, Jon Bostic, and ten blind bidding bucks for Robinson, Davis, Mims, and a sixth.

I'm tempted.

He wouldn't do the deal either. He wants Mims, Edwards, a fourth, a sixth, Robinson, Corey Davis for Cooper Kupp and DeVante Parker. What's close, in your eyes?

I agree with @Boston above. You’re not giving up much of value to get two pretty darn good guys. And you free up some roster spots for the next Robinson that comes along. I think I’d take that deal.

Users who are viewing this thread