What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (10 Viewers)

Aaron Rodgers price check?  Single QB.  6 Points per passing TD.  0.5 PPR

I was offered Rodgers for McLaurin.  I countered with Gallup for Rodgers, and was told I was way off base.  He took Trey Lance in the rookie draft and I assume wants to move Rodgers while he's still got SOME value.  

I considered countering with Higgins, but a 22 year old Higgins seems like way too much for a 37 year old QB.  

If I had like Kupp or Woods, I'd probably lean towards moving one of them for Rodgers.  But younger rising WR's seem like the wrong way to go.
Arog is worth more than Gallup in 6 pt passing, .5 PPR. I'd add a 3rd and see if he bites.

McLaurin and Higgins aren't pieces I'd move for an aging QB. I'd wait, see how the first part of your season goes, and look to make a move for AR mid-season if you're in the hunt. 

Aaron Rodgers price check?  Single QB.  6 Points per passing TD.  0.5 PPR

I was offered Rodgers for McLaurin.  I countered with Gallup for Rodgers, and was told I was way off base.  He took Trey Lance in the rookie draft and I assume wants to move Rodgers while he's still got SOME value.  

I considered countering with Higgins, but a 22 year old Higgins seems like way too much for a 37 year old QB.  

If I had like Kupp or Woods, I'd probably lean towards moving one of them for Rodgers.  But younger rising WR's seem like the wrong way to go.
A few days ago I traded Gesicki, Wentz, Kylen Granson, and a 4th for Rodgers. Other owner was hot for Gesicki and had made me a lot of offers. They have Allen as a starter, Tannehill was my starter and I have Kittle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arog is worth more than Gallup in 6 pt passing, .5 PPR. I'd add a 3rd and see if he bites.

McLaurin and Higgins aren't pieces I'd move for an aging QB. I'd wait, see how the first part of your season goes, and look to make a move for AR mid-season if you're in the hunt. 
Thanks.  This is where I've arrived.  

I asked what he thought about Higgins, and he I guess "came down" on his price and was willing to do them straight up.  When I said I'd need more than just Rodgers, he acted really surprised.  Which--is surprising given the 15 year age gap.  

A small part of me wants to pull the trigger and do Higgins to get Rodgers.  But I think things become easier once the season is moving and Higgins is producing.  

Joshua Kelley droppable even with deep rosters if I need the space? I won't regret it right? Seems like a debacle after Ekeler.

Figured this fit here, as in 0 value.
If you can wait, wait. His value is low right now. One good game & it could pop. I’d give it a couple games 

If it doesn’t, then he’s droppable and his value went from 0 to 0. If he shows something splitting carries, or Eke comes up gimpy, then you can sell for a return greater than 0. 

IMO Kelley is a JAG. Also, Jackson is RB2 whenever he is healthy this season, and Rountree is probably ahead of Kelley already, or soon will be. I don't play in any league deep enough to hold Kelley.
But Jackson is never healthy. The best ability is availability, and all that. :shrug:  

But Jackson is never healthy. The best ability is availability, and all that. :shrug:  

Yet the team chose to keep him on its active roster despite the fact that he missed the last 2 preseason games due to injury and despite the fact that it was speculated that he would be released. He is really good when healthy. :shrug:  

Yet the team chose to keep him on its active roster despite the fact that he missed the last 2 preseason games due to injury and despite the fact that it was speculated that he would be released. He is really good when healthy. :shrug:  
:shrug:  

I don’t have anything else to add, I jjst like the shrug emoji. 

Well, you've stashed, drafted, and stashed some more.   Now it's almost week 1 kickoff and you have to cut one of your guys loose to actually field a starting kicker.   What end-of-bench roster decisions are people struggling with?

In a 24-roster / 12-team

• Tony Jones Jr
  • K. Herbert
  • Kylin Hill                     
  • Dyami Brown
  • Gio Bernard
  • ----------------
  • Peoples-Jones       
Going back and forth between DPJ and Gio.   Kills me to have to drop DPJ because I think he has a bright future starting in 2022 with a chance in 2021 with injury.   I probably have a blind spot using three roster spots on rookies unlikely to do anything in 2021, but I can't bring myself to cut Hill or Herbert.   The fact that there's other intriguing WR waiver stashes like Mims, Darden, Amari Rodgers, Tyler Johnson leads me to believe I should throw DPJ on to this pile.  Does DPJ have WR1 or high WR2 upside in '22?    That seems lofty, but if it's there I can't keep a 29-year old RB over that.

Also, it's frustrating that Alex Collins and Jermar Jefferson are sitting on the waiver wire and I can't act.

tangfoot said:
I hate short bench leagues.  Hill is my cut choice given the options you presented.
It would come down to Hill, Herbert and Brown for me.  They are all further down the depth charts than DPJ.  I probably lean to Brown for me because WR's are easier to find and if Montgomery/Williams or Jones/Dillon get dinged then Herbert and Hill increase in value significantly.  I would guess Brown (or the equivalent) can be found at any time on the waivers in your format.  

1) Interesting and maybe somewhat telling that nobody is considering Gio here.   Probably my fault for not mentioning that this is .5 PPR.    A full PPR make him a must keep.    In 1/2 PPR, I love him as a 4th RB that has upside of a an RB3 this season, but is he ever going to win a league, or even be a guy that someone is excited to flex or RB2 ?    I think he would have to put Fournette and Ro-Jo on the pine for more than just 3rd downs, and I don't know how likely that really is.

I'm actually thinking about offering this guy up for some FAAB to see if any of the RB-needy teams bite.   Given the attractive free agent pool, I would love to be at the top of the FAAB mountain.

2)  I can definitely see Dyami Brown.   Somehow got him at 5.12 with the last pick.   That shouldn't factor in as a consideration at all, but I would love the last pick bragging rights if he hits, and fantasy is supposed to be fun.    The rationale makes a lot of sense given depth chart and other waiver wire WR stashes that should be rostered.   However, it doesn't help when someone (probably just a player) dropped a McLaurin comp.   Neither does Howell's 2021 debut performance without him and his backs.

3)   Appreciate the advice, but the attempt wasn't to make this thread a 'who to cut?'   Is nobody else struggling with their final roster spots?   I'm always weighing the best free agents against what's at the end of my bench.  My anxiety levels of getting these picks right is always at peak levels this week.    Week 1 waivers isn't much better. 

1) Interesting and maybe somewhat telling that nobody is considering Gio here.   Probably my fault for not mentioning that this is .5 PPR.    A full PPR make him a must keep.    In 1/2 PPR, I love him as a 4th RB that has upside of a an RB3 this season, but is he ever going to win a league, or even be a guy that someone is excited to flex or RB2 ?    I think he would have to put Fournette and Ro-Jo on the pine for more than just 3rd downs, and I don't know how likely that really is.
Not exciting, but definitely a guy I want to keep around as a bye week or injury fill in at worst.

When looking at final roster cuts, I tend to lean towards keeping RB. I heard a good analogy on a podcast recently: RB value is an elevator while WR value is an escalator. RBs as injury-away stashes will see their value rise faster than WR in the same situation.

Plus there is starting roster considerations; for myself, I don't see much point in holding 3+ WRs beyond what I am able to start. For example, if I can start 3 (2 WR + Flex), WR6+ on my roster likely has a very small chance of seeing my lineup and most teams have WR depth so the trade market is negligible for those types of WR (likely WR 60+ overall). My preference is to be lean and mean at WR and stash RB then churn those roster spots as necessary given RB is more likely to give a binary outcome sooner.

When looking at final roster cuts, I tend to lean towards keeping RB. I heard a good analogy on a podcast recently: RB value is an elevator while WR value is an escalator. RBs as injury-away stashes will see their value rise faster than WR in the same situation.

Plus there is starting roster considerations; for myself, I don't see much point in holding 3+ WRs beyond what I am able to start. For example, if I can start 3 (2 WR + Flex), WR6+ on my roster likely has a very small chance of seeing my lineup and most teams have WR depth so the trade market is negligible for those types of WR (likely WR 60+ overall). My preference is to be lean and mean at WR and stash RB then churn those roster spots as necessary given RB is more likely to give a binary outcome sooner.

I like that escalator / elevator analogy.   I try to subscribe to this as well, given that I'm also limited to 2WR + Flex max and pretty stacked WR1-6.   I'm not doing a great job since I'm currently at 9RB & 9WR before my kicker cut.   Ideally, I think it should be at 10RB-7WR to cast that wide injury net at the RB position.   Limiting myself to 7 WRs could also allow me to snipe DSTs on good matchups a week ahead.   

The caveat for me, is that I don't like to drop any WR stash that has high-end potential at the end of the escalator, regardless of how buried they might be on my depth chart.   The rule-of-thumb I have kind of adopted is that the WR stash has to have a legit case for high end WR2 upside.    There will always be a trade market for a high end WR2, and opportunities to package up for an RB upgrade.   Low end WR2s and WR3 is another story.   The other owners are always going to have a gaggle of young WRs that they can reasonably tell a story of how they're going to be startable.

Currently consider Bryan Edwards my WR7.   He stays until he gets injured again or proves that the camp hype is complete fluff.   My 8th and 9th are Peoples-Jones and Dyami Brown.    Trying to figure out if they have that reasonable high end WR2 upside that makes them undroppable.   I know that the 6th round draft tag and lack of college production doesn't mean that DPJ can't be a reliable fantasy starter next year.   I expect that he will be.   But perhaps the lack of draft capital and college production is still enough to question whether there's truly WR1 or high-end WR2 upside.    I'm not sure.    I think there could be, and I probably owe it to myself to keep him at least a couple of weeks to see what he can do with the opportunities he gets as the Browns WR3.   Not to mention OBJ's injury history.

Dyami Brown is probably a tougher case.    I probably see more of a WR2/WR3 trajectory there.   Real production in 2021 is  unlikely.   But when you start hearing McLaurin rookie training camp comparisons, it makes you take pause.

sushinsky4tsar said:
Well, you've stashed, drafted, and stashed some more.   Now it's almost week 1 kickoff and you have to cut one of your guys loose to actually field a starting kicker.   What end-of-bench roster decisions are people struggling with?

In a 24-roster / 12-team

• Tony Jones Jr
  • K. Herbert
  • Kylin Hill                     
  • Dyami Brown
  • Gio Bernard
  • ----------------
  • Peoples-Jones       
Going back and forth between DPJ and Gio.   Kills me to have to drop DPJ because I think he has a bright future starting in 2022 with a chance in 2021 with injury.   I probably have a blind spot using three roster spots on rookies unlikely to do anything in 2021, but I can't bring myself to cut Hill or Herbert.   The fact that there's other intriguing WR waiver stashes like Mims, Darden, Amari Rodgers, Tyler Johnson leads me to believe I should throw DPJ on to this pile.  Does DPJ have WR1 or high WR2 upside in '22?    That seems lofty, but if it's there I can't keep a 29-year old RB over that.

Also, it's frustrating that Alex Collins and Jermar Jefferson are sitting on the waiver wire and I can't act.
22-man roster, superflex non-ppr league. My team is likely a strong contender this year. Been doing everything I can to try to trade some of my more appetizing young players (Rhamondre Stevenson, Nyheim Hynes, and Dee Eskridge) to teams who could use the handcuffs for future draft picks but haven't gotten any takers (other owners are savvy enough to see that I'm trying to get value before cut day). 

As such, this leaves me with the following cut candidates (cut 1): 

Jordan Love

Nyheim Hynes

Dee Eskridge

Rhamondre Stevenson

I'm a Rodgers owner and think he's leaving GB next year so in the superflex league I really think Love has value. Ideally, I never play Hynes but he has value so he's hard to cut. The buzz around Stevenson is just too positive and I think he has a lot of future value - same with Eskridge. 

22-man roster, superflex non-ppr league. My team is likely a strong contender this year. Been doing everything I can to try to trade some of my more appetizing young players (Rhamondre Stevenson, Nyheim Hynes, and Dee Eskridge) to teams who could use the handcuffs for future draft picks but haven't gotten any takers (other owners are savvy enough to see that I'm trying to get value before cut day). 

As such, this leaves me with the following cut candidates (cut 1): 

Jordan Love

Nyheim Hynes

Dee Eskridge

Rhamondre Stevenson

I'm a Rodgers owner and think he's leaving GB next year so in the superflex league I really think Love has value. Ideally, I never play Hynes but he has value so he's hard to cut. The buzz around Stevenson is just too positive and I think he has a lot of future value - same with Eskridge. 

Feeling obligated to keep Jordan Love over any of those guys.   That's the soft underbelly of superflex they don't tell you about in the brochure.  😄   I get why  you would feel that way though.   I really can't say if dropping him is an option without knowing if there are any other young, somewhat talented #2s with a path to start, or if they're all rostered without exception.

Stevenson doesn't belong in the conversation at this point.   That's even more true in a non-ppr format.

Hines --   I like him a lot in .5 PPR.   Can spot start in a pinch and there's upside beyond that if Taylor wrecks.   I kind of feel like his value is underrated but acknowledged in .5 PPR.   I think I would LOVE him in full PPR.   This leads me to believe that maybe his name value might be worth more than his actual fantasy production in zero PPR.   Still think he should have value to the Taylor owner in a 22-roster. Probably should have value to any of the owners who chase the talented #2 RB stashes.   But you're probably not going to make a killing in a zero PPR trade market.

Eskridge - I guess this is probably my pick if you're telling me Love has to stay.   Part of this is a perceived threat that Wilson might not be around much longer himself.   I haven't been following that situation too closely.   If you think Wilson is a Seahawk for life, that's a hard drop.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow
General question about trading pre- or post- week 1 for a dynasty rookie. 

Who are/were you trying to acquire before week 1 expecting their value to go up?  (Could also be: who are you holding onto because you think their value will go up after week 1?) 

Who are/were you trying to sell before week 1 expecting their value to go down?  (Could also be: who are you trying to get rid of because you think their value will go down after week 1?) 

I think generally the guys with injury questions marks like Saquon, maybe Dak, etc value will immediately go up if they can go out in week 1 and show that they're healthy.

I think generally the rookies that everybody is high on after their rookie drafts will drop a bit if they don't get much usage to start.

Are you planning on taking advantage of any last minute preseason uncertainty and who are you targeting?

Feeling obligated to keep Jordan Love over any of those guys.   That's the soft underbelly of superflex they don't tell you about in the brochure.  😄   I get why  you would feel that way though.   I really can't say if dropping him is an option without knowing if there are any other young, somewhat talented #2s with a path to start, or if they're all rostered without exception.

Stevenson doesn't belong in the conversation at this point.   That's even more true in a non-ppr format.

Hines --   I like him a lot in .5 PPR.   Can spot start in a pinch and there's upside beyond that if Taylor wrecks.   I kind of feel like his value is underrated but acknowledged in .5 PPR.   I think I would LOVE him in full PPR.   This leads me to believe that maybe his name value might be worth more than his actual fantasy production in zero PPR.   Still think he should have value to the Taylor owner in a 22-roster. Probably should have value to any of the owners who chase the talented #2 RB stashes.   But you're probably not going to make a killing in a zero PPR trade market.

Eskridge - I guess this is probably my pick if you're telling me Love has to stay.   Part of this is a perceived threat that Wilson might not be around much longer himself.   I haven't been following that situation too closely.   If you think Wilson is a Seahawk for life, that's a hard drop.
They're essentially all rostered. I'd say at any given point there are no fewer than 55 QBs rostered. I'd be confident he'd be swept up in the first round of waivers. 

I think Eskridge may be the drop - despite my really wishing I could keep him - as I cannot get the Jonathan Taylor owner to bite at all. I'm deepest at WR and he probably has the least value in a non-ppr. 

General question about trading pre- or post- week 1 for a dynasty rookie. 

Who are/were you trying to acquire before week 1 expecting their value to go up?  (Could also be: who are you holding onto because you think their value will go up after week 1?) 

Who are/were you trying to sell before week 1 expecting their value to go down?  (Could also be: who are you trying to get rid of because you think their value will go down after week 1?) 

I think generally the guys with injury questions marks like Saquon, maybe Dak, etc value will immediately go up if they can go out in week 1 and show that they're healthy.

I think generally the rookies that everybody is high on after their rookie drafts will drop a bit if they don't get much usage to start.

Are you planning on taking advantage of any last minute preseason uncertainty and who are you targeting?
I've unloaded Javonte Williams for what I believe was good value in two leagues now. 

Do we think the grieving period for Cam Akers has subsided?  Flowers are starting to bloom on the grave and the buzzards are no longer circling?  

Do we have any Akers owners willing to cut bait?  What would you accept for him?  Are you in a position to win now or rebuild?

Do we think the grieving period for Cam Akers has subsided?  Flowers are starting to bloom on the grave and the buzzards are no longer circling?  

Do we have any Akers owners willing to cut bait?  What would you accept for him?  Are you in a position to win now or rebuild?
He was traded for a likely mid-late first a few days ago in one of my leagues, surprised to see him pull that much. That team has Zeke, Gibson, and Gordon and may be rolling the dice on Akers to pick up for Gordon next year. I have him in another league and got some initial “cut-bait” lowball offers (like end of roster or possible cut guys, future 3rds, etc.) but nothing recently.

I think Eskridge may be the drop - despite my really wishing I could keep him - as I cannot get the Jonathan Taylor owner to bite at all. I'm deepest at WR and he probably has the least value in a non-ppr. 
Positional value (superflex, non-ppr) dictates keeping QB and RB over WR. I get the allure - draft capital, unknown potential - but Metcalf and Lockett are locked in for the foreseeable future capping Eskridge as WR3 in Seattle. Where does that put him in fantasy? Likely unusable outside of bestball. Even with an injury to Metcalf or Lockett, would Eskridge be more helpful in your starting lineup than the other WRs you already have? I would guess that the answer is not likely, therefore, for me, Eskridge is an easy cut.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
I had an odd experience yesterday. In a Zealots Superflex league (12 team ppr league with 50 man roster) I was offered Pooka Williams and a 2022 6th round rookie pick for L Murray. I had heard the Ravens might sign Murray after Gus Edwards ACL tear, so I replied I would rather roster Murray. I received an angry response that Murray was a 31 year old washed up RB that the other owner wasn't dying to have on his roster anyway. He said if I thought I could get more for Murray in a trade, I should go for it. Umm the other owner made the trade offer to me. I didn't have Murray on the trade block. Weird response imo.

I had an odd experience yesterday. In a Zealots Superflex league (12 team ppr league with 50 man roster) I was offered Pooka Williams and a 2022 6th round rookie pick for L Murray. I had heard the Ravens might sign Murray after Gus Edwards ACL tear, so I replied I would rather roster Murray. I received an angry response that Murray was a 31 year old washed up RB that the other owner wasn't dying to have on his roster anyway. He said if I thought I could get more for Murray in a trade, I should go for it. Umm the other owner made the trade offer to me. I didn't have Murray on the trade block. Weird response imo.
This is where you have to have some fun.   

"Listen, I can't part with Murray with Baltimore in play, but I REALLY need Pooka Williams.    What can we do to make this happen?"

Got to love those guys. THIS GUY SUCKS SO BAD GIVE HIM TO ME DIRT CHEAP

Instead of starting a valueless thread I thought I'd add a valueless post. 

I've been playing dynasty for a while now, over 10 years. I started out doing a lot of rebuilds, always extremely active. I slowly got rid of some bad leagues and ##### people frankly. I just left another league as it has had issues with commish problems since I started it and after 4 years, I'm happier without it than gritting my teeth through another year. 

The idea of starting a new league with a bunch of randoms makes me throw up in my mouth a bit, and taking over a bad team and paying seems like a joke. I used to do it, but why anyone would pay to run a #### team and guarantee losing is pretty dumb. 

So I'm left with 5 teams. I'd really prefer to have another 1 or 2 and avoid some variance. But I don't know, maybe I'll just quit in a year or 2. I've thought about it. I don't put nearly the effort into it that I used to and I've also ended up commishing a couple of leagues after the original commishes left. If someone is thinking of commishing, I'd recommend against it. It's a pain in the ### and there really isn't much to gain unless you enjoy being the boss. I've thought about asking for some co-comishes to do some dirty work like find new teams and remind people to pay (ugh).  I think I could keep going purely as an owner but doing the commish work has become a chore. MFL doesn't help with their terrible back end.

Anyone else in this situation? I don't really watch games anymore very often. Tried to watch a bit tonight and it looked boring to me. I'm not totally sure why I'm playing anymore.

Had an owner inquiring about my Tyler Lockett in the off season.  Never went anywhere, but now I’m thinking about offering Lockett for Waddle.  10 team dynasty IDP league, large rosters.  Have Godwin, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, Pittman and Edwards as well (start 2 and possibly 3 with flex).  Team is in win now mode, as my other positions are well above average. May be a slight downgrade the next couple years.  Am I crazy for offering this?  Fair offer?  

Had an owner inquiring about my Tyler Lockett in the off season.  Never went anywhere, but now I’m thinking about offering Lockett for Waddle.  10 team dynasty IDP league, large rosters.  Have Godwin, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, Pittman and Edwards as well (start 2 and possibly 3 with flex).  Team is in win now mode, as my other positions are well above average. May be a slight downgrade the next couple years.  Am I crazy for offering this?  Fair offer?  
Value feels about right to me but I’m sure the people who disagreed with me preferring Lockett over Michael Carter will feel otherwise

Fair offer, but I imagine many people would prefer Waddle by a good bit.

I think if you're win-now Lockett is the type of player you want to keep.  I'm in the same boat, my window is this year and probably next year and I have Lockett as my WR2, and while I'd love to have Waddle and think it's a good trade, I think it'd hurt my chances this year...

I just traded CEH and Darnold for Swift in .5 PPR, start 1QB, 12 team league.  He has Watson, Fitzpatrick and no other starting QB.  I still have Dak, Z Wilson and Wentz.  Feel I upgraded from CEH to Swift. 
I don't know I want Swift either. Been thinking about offering my CEH for Javonte Williams (PPR)

Is it time to sell Aiyuk & CEH?
Aiyuk may be a sell low, but I am having bad memories of Dante Pettis.

CEH value has likely already taken a massive hit after the fumble, maybe it can rebound a little if KC shows they still believe in him this weekend. Got some tough defenses still coming up though. Otherwise I think you may be stuck with him or trying to work a trade for another struggling or early disappointing player you personally still believe in that someone else may want to sell.

For anyone who is looking to sell Aiyuk, what are you looking for in return?  I don't know if selling him now is going to be worthwhile so I'm curious what he's going for.

Before the season started, and after Akers’ injury, I gave up Akers and Henderson for Sutton, a 2022 second, and a 2023 first.

Looks pretty good now…

I tried to move CEH for Sermon/late 2022 1st. No counter. I’ll just hold and pray. 
It will be hard just to get a first for CEH at this point - you were basically asking for two. I guess one could argue Sermon's value has dropped a little but probably not for the people that just drafted him.

Users who are viewing this thread