What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

Oh he's flopping tomorrow. I'm in 1st and starting him in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Guaranteed worst game of the year..

Oh he's flopping tomorrow. I'm in 1st and starting him in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Guaranteed worst game of the year..
Right so all of us who have him would never dream of benching him but for the injury , begs the question why are we starting him 

Right so all of us who have him would never dream of benching him but for the injury , begs the question why are we starting him 
Because ive been the #1 or #2 favorite in my dynasty league for 6 years and only monied one time. I'm snake bit. If i bench him he will go off. If i start him he'll flop. 

Even while limping defenders could barely catch him. He got in a limited practice yesterday, Watkins is out again, and he’s brought me this far into the playoffs by doing his job most of the season.....:I’m only benching him if he doesn’t play

Even while limping defenders could barely catch him. He got in a limited practice yesterday, Watkins is out again, and he’s brought me this far into the playoffs by doing his job most of the season.....:I’m only benching him if he doesn’t play
Read the article I posted upthread. The nature of his injury is that it doesn't affect his running (because you run on the balls of your feet, not your heel). It only affects his ability to make certain cuts that require pushing off the heel.

Don't stress my Lothars of the Tyreek Hill People. He went up about three levels in my book after that performance last week. Either he is a Big Ben DQ or has a serious threshold for pain. Worry not. He'll be racing down the field tonight catching rainbow mana. Mark it down in erasable ink.

Have you seen Kelces last 4 games against the Chargers?
“He’s been held to eight catches for 53 yards in his last three games against them. In the Chiefs’ last nine wins over the Chargers, Kelce has never recorded a touchdown or over 100 receiving yards. Despite all of that, Kelce is having a historic season and is an obvious must-start, but there is certainly risk involved.”

I'm not going to argue with anyone who's sitting Hill tonight -- we all have our own risk tolerance, plus it sounds like a lot of people are just going for the reverse jinx -- but I will say that I have both him and Mahomes, and it never entered my mind to bench either one.

“He’s been held to eight catches for 53 yards in his last three games against them. In the Chiefs’ last nine wins over the Chargers, Kelce has never recorded a touchdown or over 100 receiving yards. Despite all of that, Kelce is having a historic season and is an obvious must-start, but there is certainly risk involved.”
So you're saying he's due for a big game?

Why not start Chubb at RB or Hill at WR? 
I have to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and one flex (RB or WR).  10 team PPR league.  I have choose between Gurley, Mixon, Chubb, Ingram, and Ware at RB.  A Brown, K Allen, T Hill, and C Davis at WR.  I am a big favorite so I am considering benching Hill for Chubb but I am not sure Ibcan do it.  Our league gives 12 points for touchdowns over 50 yards and Hill has had a lot of those.

I have to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and one flex (RB or WR).  10 team PPR league.  I have choose between Gurley, Mixon, Chubb, Ingram, and Ware at RB.  A Brown, K Allen, T Hill, and C Davis at WR.  I am a big favorite so I am considering benching Hill for Chubb but I am not sure Ibcan do it.  Our league gives 12 points for touchdowns over 50 yards and Hill has had a lot of those.
Zero chance I’m benching Hill if that’s the case. 

Rhythmdoctor said:
Will start him for sure but I’m expecting a poor outing and hoping for a great game. That way I avoid major disappointment. 

sjdogs said:

Hill hurt is better than most receivers healthy.

Start him.
Yep. If you have other elite options you can bench him but most don't.

If I benched hill I'd start Roby Anderson or Tim Patrick. 

So yeah, Hill is in 

😳

Is this a dynasty or 6-team league? 

Hill (heel/wrist) is listed as active for Thursday night's game against the Chargers, BJ Kissel of the Chiefs' official site reports.

Crap.  Was hoping he’d be a surprise scratch so I could roll Juju out next to Keenan.  Now?  Stick with what got me here or potentially live to regret sitting Tyreek?  Ugh.

Crap.  Was hoping he’d be a surprise scratch so I could roll Juju out next to Keenan.  Now?  Stick with what got me here or potentially live to regret sitting Tyreek?  Ugh.
Honestly if I had Juju, I'd bench hill. 

But yeah, you'll regret it if you're wrong.

Hill's best game of the season came against the Chargers.... In Prime Time he's going to Burn them Deep over and over 2night 

Honestly if I had Juju, I'd bench hill. 

But yeah, you'll regret it if you're wrong.
Exactly how I feel.  I always overthink it in the playoffs, and so this year just rolled with Juju on the bench.  Sorry to derail this thread, but damnit I hate the playoffs.

Exactly how I feel.  I always overthink it in the playoffs, and so this year just rolled with Juju on the bench.  Sorry to derail this thread, but damnit I hate the playoffs.
You could just not be in the playoffs...

At least my choice is easy. There's no way I bench a playing hill for Roby Anderson. Even if I lose because of it.

All of you who are thinking of benching Hill.... DO IT already!  Don't be messing up the rest of our fantasy teams with your indecisiveness and uncertainty and fear of getting it wrong.  You know you're going to pick wrong regardless, so PLEASE, for the love of god just bench him so we all don't have to suffer.

You could just not be in the playoffs...

At least my choice is easy. There's no way I bench a playing hill for Roby Anderson. Even if I lose because of it.
Don't own Hill. If I did, there's no way he's sitting.

Sure fire way for you to watch him go for 7-128-2 on your bench. 

Users who are viewing this thread