What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (6 Viewers)

Yeah the announcers didn't make much out of it but there was a penalty on Tyreek for illegal motion IIRC. He was in motion and moving toward the LOS before the snap.
I heard Aikman mention that actually but thought he was saying they missed that call. Either way, it sucks for us Hill owners!!

#### me! Every. Single. Year. Every. Time. Honestly I'm like 2-10 in my last 12 playoff match ups. Favored to win in all of them but one. 

Over that same span in the regular season I've averaged like 9-10 wins a season and scored more points than anybody. 

Last edited by a moderator:
#### me! Every. Single. Year. Every. Time. Honestly I'm like 2-10 in my last 12 playoff match ups. Favored to win in all of them but one. 

Over that same span in the regular season I've averaged like 9-10 wins a season and scored more points than anybody. 
Please stop

Join the club. Every time I win the regular season scoring title and go into the playoffs looking like the team to beat, I get upset by a lower seed. My league championships have all come with I've been the underdog. This year, I was looking good coming into the playoffs, and then Hill disappointed. I get it.

Does your league award anything for "winning" the regular season? I found that's a good way to mitigate against the bad luck that teams often face in the playoffs. And since I have the worst luck of anyone I've ever seen, it's a nice reward for playing the season well.

Tyreek Hill caught 8-of-13 targets for 72 yards and rushed once for a 36-yard touchdown in the Chiefs' Divisional Round domination of the Colts.

Hill came up just shy of a truly monster game, but the Colts' defense did a great job of tackling him whenever he got the ball in the passing game. Tyreek nearly broke a long catch-and-run score but was taken down by his shoe in the second half, and Patrick Mahomes narrowly underthrew him on another potential deep connection. Hill's biggest play was of course his reverse, where Tyreek was clocked at over 19 MPH by Next Gen Stats. The next fastest player on the field reached only 18 MPH flat.

Jan 12 - 8:16 PM

The only current player in the NFL with legit.....world class...speed.

Why he's not used more as a RB is a ...?  He was a RB in HS/NCAA.  Talking about pitch outs, out in space stuff, not bang the line.

He still has the 4th fastest HS 200m (20.14) in history. Putting that in perspective,  Bullet Bob Hayes ran a 20.5.

Stinkin Ref said:
Actually these days it does.....as many of the best players choose not to play in the game....so many average players end up playing....but we get the point
Not true as far as many average (decent) players in the pro bowl, actually it will be guys in the top 10 at the position.  While we might not see the cream of the crop we also aren;t seeing just the decent either.

Not true as far as many average (decent) players in the pro bowl, actually it will be guys in the top 10 at the position.  While we might not see the cream of the crop we also aren;t seeing just the decent either.
Trevor freaking Siemian was invited to the Pro Bowl a few years ago....with 18 TD's and 10 ints.....nuff said

All Pro is the only thing that really means anything.....being a Pro Bowler doesn't mean as much as it used too....

Trevor freaking Siemian was invited to the Pro Bowl a few years ago....with 18 TD's and 10 ints.....nuff said

All Pro is the only thing that really means anything.....being a Pro Bowler doesn't mean as much as it used too....
Tyrod Taylor was a "Pro Bowl" QB. Com'n. I also remember Marc Bulger one year I believe he has 22 TDs & 22 INTs and ended up in the Pro Bowl.

Why we don't see more of just a simple.....ok  Tyreek just go...???  Only Darrell Green could run with this guy.  Sorry Deion.

It;s always...Bob Hayes  changed the game wIth his speed.  While there is truth in that he wasn't the firsT zommmmmm at WR.

That was Bob Boyd (Rams) who was an NCAA 100 champ in the early 50's. Boyd was a 9.5 guy (Hayes 9.1) but he didn't face the same level of speed in the 50's that Hayes faced in the 60's for the obvious reason.

Tyreek Hill a great example of being better a faster footballer than a 10.19 would suggest.

Why we don't see more of just a simple.....ok  Tyreek just go...???  Only Darrell Green could run with this guy.  Sorry Deion.

It;s always...Bob Hayes  changed the game wIth his speed.  While there is truth in that he wasn't the firsT zommmmmm at WR.

That was Bob Boyd (Rams) who was an NCAA 100 champ in the early 50's. Boyd was a 9.5 guy (Hayes 9.1) but he didn't face the same level of speed in the 50's that Hayes faced in the 60's for the obvious reason.

Tyreek Hill a great example of being better a faster footballer than a 10.19 would suggest.
Because if he's the fastest guy on the field it makes sense to just get him the ball.  He can do as much with a 5 yard cross as he can with a simple go route.

Glad you brought that up, you familar with Warren Wells?

Professional football career

He played for one season in Detroit before he was drafted into the U.S. Army. In 1967, he returned from his military service and signed with the Raiders. While with the Raiders, with mostly Daryle Lamonica as his quarterback, he was one of the most dangerous wide receivers in the league,[3][4] finishing with over 20 yards per catch in all four seasons.[5] In 1969, he led the AFL in yards received (1260), yards per catch (a whopping 26.8), and touchdowns (14). He also led the AFL in touchdowns in 1968 (11), as well as finishing 4th in yards received (1137). He was an AFL All-Star in 1968 and an AFC-NFC All-Pro in 1970. Wells held the career NFL record in yards per catch (23.1) up to the date of a change in NFL guidelines, currently a minimum 200 career receptions,[6] Wells falling short at 158.

He played for one season in Detroit before he was drafted into the U.S. Army. In 1967, he returned from his military service and signed with the Raiders. While with the Raiders, with mostly Daryle Lamonica as his quarterback, he was one of the most dangerous wide receivers in the league,[3][4] finishing with over 20 yards per catch in all four seasons.[5] In 1969, he led the AFL in yards received (1260), yards per catch (a whopping 26.8), and touchdowns (14). He also led the AFL in touchdowns in 1968 (11), as well as finishing 4th in yards received (1137). He was an AFL All-Star in 1968 and an AFC-NFC All-Pro in 1970. Wells held the career NFL record in yards per catch (23.1) up to the date of a change in NFL guidelines, currently a minimum 200 career receptions,[6] Wells falling short at 158.
158 career catches?  I think you are proving my point.

Also, you should probably leave a link to whatever site you are borrowing froom if you are going to cut and paste.

6'2 275 at 68 years old thinks he can take down Kareem Hunt in a fight....good lord.

I know you don't care but you don't own it. 
This is the internet, which goes like this.

Poster...I;m 6-6, 290 pounds of twisted railroad steel, a total hunk.

Poster....yeah right.

and...

Poster..I;m 5-5 130 pounds and stupid.

Poster....yep.

Right?

And....

He played for one season in Detroit before he was drafted into the U.S. Army. In 1967, he returned from his military service and signed with the Raiders. While with the Raiders, with mostly Daryle Lamonica as his quarterback, he was one of the most dangerous wide receivers in the league,[3][4] .........who types using those numbers, yep nobody, obviously wasn't trying to pass that off as anything.

What does this have to do with tyreek....tyreek does go deep quite a bit but always having him go deep would be a waste because he can do a lot more then just running deep. Don’t remember his final numbers off the top of my head but I’m fairly certain he woulda finished at the top in yards per catch

What does this have to do with tyreek....tyreek does go deep quite a bit but always having him go deep would be a waste because he can do a lot more then just running deep. Don’t remember his final numbers off the top of my head but I’m fairly certain he woulda finished at the top in yards per catch
He was talking about Al Davis who had an obsession with speed.  Warren Wells his first great speed receiver.

Nobody said anything about"always" going deep. Maybe once a quarter.

He was talking about Al Davis who had an obsession with speed.  Warren Wells his first great speed receiver.

Nobody said anything about"always" going deep. Maybe once a quarter.
You  literally just posted yesterday abt why don’t they just have tyreek “go”

Not sure what impact the weather will have in KC today.

So...?

Time to  get this guy involved in the kickoff return game,  the run game (outside stuff)  do everything they can to take advantage of his world class speed.  When you own a big gun, you shoot it.

What a db response this is.  So your team had success against him once and won.  Big deal.  As if that's never happened in the history of the NFL 🙄
Wait what do you mean? I’m being completely serious. Not sarcastic. The Pats had to double team him all day. When I posted this it was right after Hill embarrassed the Pats CB on his line catch. I was worried at that point and posted. Without the double team he would have had a huge day I think. I want Hill on every fantasy team I own because he’s uncoverable. That doesn’t mean he can’t be contained by throwing 2 defensive backs on him.

Hill was a RB why they don't get this guy out in space with ball in hand? I'd had him returning kickoffs, carrying the ball at least 4-6 times a game, a go at least 4.

He can go the distance every time he gets a chance. you give him that chance.

Hill was a RB why they don't get this guy out in space with ball in hand? I'd had him returning kickoffs, carrying the ball at least 4-6 times a game, a go at least 4.

He can go the distance every time he gets a chance. you give him that chance.
I don’t know. He’s the most dangerous man in the NFL. They should try to feed him as much as possible 

I don’t know. He’s the most dangerous man in the NFL. They should try to feed him as much as possible 
Yes, totally yes.

Where is that pitch out, that flare pass. why not return kickoffs?

Back in the very beginnings of the Dallas Texans/KC Chiefs they had a guy similiar to Hill,  this was Abner Haynes a RB. He did it all, and was the first "star" of the old AFL. Why not use Hill just like that?  (no pounding the line)

Users who are viewing this thread