What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL viewership off 11% YOY (1 Viewer)

It has been a great post season thus far. Next Sunday is the best day of the NFL season.

Could we see some more upsets? I would love to see the Jags shock the Patriots. 

And whomever wins at Philly is fine. Both teams are great stories. 

Terrible game.  Terrible weekend of football.  Who would like 3 of 4 games coming down to the last minute, and the last game being won on a miracle play that will go down as one of the highlights of NFL playoffs history?
But it all pales in comparison to watching the 45 minute halftime featuring two marching bands + the wisdom of Paul Finebaum.

I feel like a woman this year. I'll watch for the commercials and JT
As a jets fan I am supposed to hate the pats, just as I'm supposed to hate the Yankees being a mets fan. I've grown to appreciate their greatness. 

IMO we are witnessing the greatest accomplishment in sports history.  What BB and Brady have done is just insane. They didnt build a super team and go on a run for several years.

They have a bunch of no name players scattered over almost 20 years performing at all pro levels and we are going to see them in their 8th superbowl.

Football is the ultimate team sport as offense relys on defense and v/v. 

Add on free agency era where a super bowl victory means you lose a 1/4 of your players/coaching staff because you cant afdord them?

It's been a fun ride watching this greatness even though I hate saying that...As a jets fan

As a jets fan I am supposed to hate the pats, just as I'm supposed to hate the Yankees being a mets fan. I've grown to appreciate their greatness. 

IMO we are witnessing the greatest accomplishment in sports history.  What BB and Brady have done is just insane. They didnt build a super team and go on a run for several years.

They have a bunch of no name players scattered over almost 20 years performing at all pro levels and we are going to see them in their 8th superbowl.

Football is the ultimate team sport as offense relys on defense and v/v. 

Add on free agency era where a super bowl victory means you lose a 1/4 of your players/coaching staff because you cant afdord them?

It's been a fun ride watching this greatness even though I hate saying that...As a jets fan
 ultimate team sport? 14 of the last 15 AFC representatives in the super bowl have had either brady, manning,  or big Ben as the qb. Let's not be ridiculous here. 

Conversation

Steve Phillips

@StevePhillipsGM

Baseball is the best sport.In NFL, 14 of last 15 Super Bowls have had Manning, Brady or Big Ben as AFC QB.In NBA, LeBron in last 7 championship series. In MLB, no repeat champs in 17 years and since 2006, every year at least 1/2 of clubs in playoffs one year are replaced the next

10:03 AM · Jan 17, 2018

ultimate team sport? 14 of the last 15 AFC representatives in the super bowl have had either brady, manning,  or big Ben as the qb. Let's not be ridiculous here. 
How good is Peyton Manning in a cover 2 defense? 

Ultimate team sport as in the greatest QB I had seen (Marino) sniffed 1 superbowl? 

You have 2 different teams playing offense and defense.  You have a 87lb Mexican kicking game winning FGs that will later determine if a QB is a HOFer.

All the other sports, players have a say on defense at least.

Eagles will be the biggest Licensed Conf Champ sales in quite a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
This match-up has to hurt viewership even more. Both teams from the NE part of the US. Seems it limits viewer interest to an even smaller corner of the country.

Baseball is still awesome. Shady is just using a parity as a metric.

At least baseball can agree on what a catch is.
When it is entirely conceivable for a guy to play a game and never touch the ball, I could see how they might have time to think it through.

If by chance the right fielder or 2nd baseman are interrupted by actually being involved in a play, they could probably make up for it in a couple hours when they stop the game to sing a song.

Users who are viewing this thread