What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (9 Viewers)

So my son tested positive tonight. He was fine all day mostly, then all of a sudden he was just dead tired. 102 fever now and doesn’t want to move.

I have slept with him the last several nights. I don’t feel 100%, but what dad of young kids does? I tested negative tonight.

I am supposed to have an in-person meeting with several partners tomorrow. What is the protocol and what is the right thing to do? If negative, go, regardless of a minor sore throat or feeling extra tired? Or stay home if even mild symptoms, knowing there is a case and exposure in the house?
Tell the people what is up and why you aren't there. With the technology we have, this should be a no brainer.....goes with the flu, colds, etc too....not just COVID

I opted this route. Just is a gray area now, as nobody is required to isolate due to exposure. I am negative without a fever, but have a mild sore throat and headache, and am exhausted. But I also was up with him until 2am last night, as he couldn't sleep and threw up a few times too.

So my son tested positive tonight. He was fine all day mostly, then all of a sudden he was just dead tired. 102 fever now and doesn’t want to move.

I have slept with him the last several nights. I don’t feel 100%, but what dad of young kids does? I tested negative tonight.

I am supposed to have an in-person meeting with several partners tomorrow. What is the protocol and what is the right thing to do? If negative, go, regardless of a minor sore throat or feeling extra tired? Or stay home if even mild symptoms, knowing there is a case and exposure in the house?
Tell the people what is up and why you aren't there. With the technology we have, this should be a no brainer.....goes with the flu, colds, etc too....not just COVID

I opted this route. Just is a gray area now, as nobody is required to isolate due to exposure. I am negative without a fever, but have a mild sore throat and headache, and am exhausted. But I also was up with him until 2am last night, as he couldn't sleep and threw up a few times too.
You made the right decision. The home tests don't always detect early on, and the fact that your son has it, you were in close proximity to him, and the fact that you have a sore throat/headache are probably not coincidences.

I have a huge pet peeve of people who knowingly expose others when they are either sick or likely sick in this day and age. You'd think we'd have learned something from the pandemic in trying not to get others sick, but so many people seem to not care at all.

Are we still isolating/staying home/masking for 5 days? As someone who was on top of everything the first several years of this, I now find the information out there inconsistent and confusing. My son has no fever today, but is tired/stuffy. I probably won't test him again until tomorrow though and will keep him home.

Are we still isolating/staying home/masking for 5 days? As someone who was on top of everything the first several years of this, I now find the information out there inconsistent and confusing. My son has no fever today, but is tired/stuffy. I probably won't test him again until tomorrow though and will keep him home.

The information is very confusing. 5 days was always an arbitrary number because everyone will have a different experience.

I think the main things to do with any illness nowadays is to avoid people as much as you can and wear a mask if you must be around others.

The home tests can be a good indicator of how contagious you are if/once you end up testing positive on them. If your symptoms are waning and the line is gone or barely visible, that's an indicator you're probably good to go. Probably no need to test your son again until his stuffiness starts to go away.

Glad I didn’t go yesterday.

My symptoms were still mild this morning, but a little worse. Tested negative.

As the day wore on, it started to get bad. Just exhausted, terrible body aches and a headache. Tested at 1pm and it lit up like a Christmas tree.

Now I feel absolutely terrible. Awful body aches, headache, stuffy. Feel like I can’t move. Definitely the worst I have felt since a 2020 flu. And way worse than my last 2 covid bouts — which were 2 weeks after booster and 2 weeks between each other.

I didn’t gwt boosted this year and maybe that is tge difference.

Be careful out there — this is the 6th case I know of anecdotally the last week and a half and none of those people (other than me and my son) were in contact with each other.

On day 37 of Covid. I'm assuming at this point I have some level of long Covid or just long recovery. Went back to the office yesterday for the first time in weeks - stayed about 7 hours, came home and was exhausted and felt bad - slept for about 13 hours.

Seems like it's going to take months for me to get my energy levels back.
Feeling any better?

On day 37 of Covid. I'm assuming at this point I have some level of long Covid or just long recovery. Went back to the office yesterday for the first time in weeks - stayed about 7 hours, came home and was exhausted and felt bad - slept for about 13 hours.

Seems like it's going to take months for me to get my energy levels back.
Feeling any better?

Better, yes. Still not 100%. Some lingering symptoms but my energy levels are starting to come back which I'm happy about. Thanks for asking. It's been so damn annoying.

I know it's late but I saw this announcement come across my phone today and saw you're post from last month

but other than this... prob just the flu

With the weeks of headaches I experienced this makes me nervous but nothing I can really do. I’m curious what they recommend to help combat this (if anything).

I know it's late but I saw this announcement come across my phone today and saw you're post from last month

YLE had a post on the updated guidance as well:

Moops family still 0-4 in getting this

Moops family still 0-4 in getting this
:hifive:

Same with Scoresman and Scoreswoman.

Where’s the nearest piece of wood to knock on.

With the way symptoms can be mild, how are y’all certain? Were you testing frequently the last few years?

I've only been sick once since 2019. I tested eight times over the course of 7 days, all negative. (we had a a huge surplus of the free tests that were about to expire anyway).

I suppose I could have had an asymptomatic case, but there's no way anyone can know that. I certainly was exposed to COVID a few times.

With the way symptoms can be mild, how are y’all certain? Were you testing frequently the last few years?
Yea can't be 100% sure, and we have stopped testing. But up until 6 months ago or so I would take a test if I felt pretty lousy
I’ve never tested positive either despite having symptoms and getting tested at least 3-4x since late 2021. My kids have had it twice. Wife and I have never tested positive.

I have also never had Covid. My wife has had it twice. Oldest son twice, middle son has had it three times, daughter has had it twice. I am Vacc'd, wife was not. Kids are not. Kids cases were mild and each of them chose to not get the vaccine. Wife's cases were pretty rough, and she is anti-vax.

To date, we have had 2 family members die from complications. My secretary lost both of her parents and husband. There are more than I care to type.

Yeah, I'm still chugging the Kool-aid on this one. Happily.

I have also never had Covid. My wife has had it twice. Oldest son twice, middle son has had it three times, daughter has had it twice. I am Vacc'd, wife was not. Kids are not. Kids cases were mild and each of them chose to not get the vaccine. Wife's cases were pretty rough, and she is anti-vax.

To date, we have had 2 family members die from complications. My secretary lost both of her parents and husband. There are more than I care to type.

But how do you know you've never had it? Seriously.

I did my part, but now my family and I just live life "normally".

But how do you know you've never had it? Seriously.
Those of us who claim this are just making our best guess. Of course we can't know for certain if we never had an asymptomatic case. Not to speak for others, but up until a few months ago, if I was feeling covid-like sick, I would take a test. In the beginning it was to avoid spreading it, but as time went on, and I never had a positive test, it was more out of curiosity.

Yikes. How does your wife reconcile all the bad covid you’ve experienced with her vaccine stance?

You all done drinking the kool-aid?
I'll bite. What kool-aid you talking about, exactly? Please elaborate if you care to.
That the vaxx was necessary for kids, didn't have major side effects, was sterilizing and they were honest about natural immunity or anything thing else.
Gotcha, and you still ignoring the dozens of conversations I and many others have tried to have with you, directly refuting, with data and sources, the points you made? Cool.

I'll bite. What kool-aid you talking about, exactly? Please elaborate if you care to.
Vax

Out of curiosity, how many folks that continue to post in here do you think have medical training, background or credentials? I know you seem to work in the medical field.....anybody else in here? Or are we just getting regurgitation from Joe Rogan and posts from Facebook?

That the vaxx was necessary for kids, didn't have major side effects, was sterilizing and they were honest about natural immunity or anything thing else.
Gotcha, and you still ignoring the dozens of conversations I and many others have tried to have with you, directly refuting, with data and sources, the points you made? Cool.
What? So Pfizer's US drug studies for the vaxx have been made public and confirm everything they said? My bad.

Vax

Out of curiosity, how many folks that continue to post in here do you think have medical training, background or credentials? I know you seem to work in the medical field.....anybody else in here? Or are we just getting regurgitation from Joe Rogan and posts from Facebook?
In NC, to increase vaxx participation they had a lottery and gave a million dollars to 4 people that got the vaxx. Does this sound right to you on any level?

Also, they CDC used the media and hit pieces to try to discredit prominent doctors during the lock down that disagreed with them and wanted nothing more than to help.

One last thing. As stated many times, I had Covid before there was a vaxx. 90% of people said I should still get the jab. Should have I got the jab?

Vax

In NC, to increase vaxx participation they had a lottery and gave a million dollars to 4 people that got the vaxx. Does this sound right to you on any level?

Your medical credentials in particular would be of great interest to me.

Vax

There are none but Rand Paul is a doctor, does that matter? I personally dislike the guy. But medical professionals have nothing to do with this. They treat on guidance from others. If they are an upstanding Virologists. That might matter.

Vax

There are none but Rand Paul is a doctor, does that matter? I personally dislike the guy. But medical professionals have nothing to do with this. They treat on guidance from others. If they are an upstanding Virologists. That might matter.
This Rand Paul?

In March 2020, the senator from Kentucky refused to quarantine while awaiting test results for COVID-19—which came back positive—instead continuing to work at the Capitol for a full six days, during which he could have given the virus to other lawmakers and staff in the complex. Later he used having had COVID previously to insist that mask wearing was completely unnecessary, a crusade he’s vigorously doubled down on over the past year and a half, falsely claiming that mask usage is “theater” and that face coverings don’t stop the spread of the virus—the latter of which got him suspended from YouTube this week. He’s also urged people to ignore guidance from public health experts trying to stop the spread of the deadly delta variant and has refused to get vaccinated. Oh, and he’s repeatedly suggested that Dr. Anthony Fauci is essentially responsible for COVID-19 as part of a sustained campaign to undermine confidence in the nation’s top doctors and researchers, while simultaneously trying to convince Americans that COVID, which has killed more than 618,000 people in the U.S. and counting, is nothing to be concerned about.

So it would be really crazy to find out he or someone he’s married to invested in a company that makes a drug used to treat COVID-19—which is probably why he failed to disclose as much for a whopping 16 months.

Vax

My credentials are 100% Holiday Inn.

Seems like maybe a half dozen regular posters, give or take, are medically trained. Whatever the number, it's far outweighed by the internet internists.

Last edited:
Vax

Sometimes, people are so stinking dense that even in the face of all the evidence, they still believe conspiracy theory hocum. Those kind of gullible people respond well to pie-in-the-sky promises of a lottery win as incentive.

For the public good, sometimes you throw a mini-lotto; sometimes you bite your tongue responding to someone on the internet.

Vax

Just to be clear, Rand Paul is an ophthalmologist. He’s an eye doctor.

Vax

Just to be clear, Rand Paul is an ophthalmologist. He’s an eye doctor.
Hence you made my point.

Vax

Sometimes, people are so stinking dense that even in the face of all the evidence, they still believe conspiracy theory hocum. Those kind of gullible people respond well to pie-in-the-sky promises of a lottery win as incentive.

For the public good, sometimes you throw a mini-lotto; sometimes you bite your tongue responding to someone on the internet.
So you think the mass consensus are right? So when Trump wins in a landslide, that is right?

People in power lied about the truth. It's that simple. We are too dumb to know the truth, right?

Users who are viewing this thread