What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tracking Trump's 100-day Plan (1 Viewer)

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
Trump has a fairly robust 100-day plan, lets see what he gets done, what he proposes that congress shoots down, and what he ignores:

Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:

1. * FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
  2. * SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
  3. * THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
  4. * FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
  5. * FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
  6. * SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:

1. * FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
  2. * SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
  3. * THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
  4. * FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
  5. * FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
  6. * SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
  7. * SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure
Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

1. * FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
  2. * SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
  3. * THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
  4. * FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back
  5. * FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:

1. Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
  2. End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
  3. American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
  4. School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
  5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
  6. Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
  7. End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
  8. Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
  9. Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
  10. Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
I'm not sure how you can do a hiring freeze on federal employees, yet want to expand military investment, expand on reducing cyber-attacks, and set up new immigration screening procedures. And maybe I'm looking at it all wrong, but if you want to increase those things, you're probably going to have to hire more federal government workers.

I'm not sure how you can do a hiring freeze on federal employees, yet want to expand military investment, expand on reducing cyber-attacks, and set up new immigration screening procedures. And maybe I'm looking at it all wrong, but if you want to increase those things, you're probably going to have to hire more federal government workers.
No, you take federal workers who are doing useless stuff like protecting the environment or regulating nuclear waste and you have Barron Trump retrain them to do the cyber.

Someone in the media probably should have asked that question months ago...oh wait....no they didn't

I think it should make for some interesting conversations around Washington.  Mitch McConnell has already indicated that Trump's plans will not necessarily be on the Senate's agenda.

I just assume he'll wave a wand and say most of this stuff is done.  I mean it takes no effort to propose the constitutional amendment to limit terms and have it go nowhere or have Ryan/McConnell pass the tax law.  

However, I'm really curious if he's really going to do these 3:

* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall;
We're going to see pretty quickly if we are going to have trade wars with our biggest trading partners.  If we are, it's going to be a very rocky 4 years for the economy no matter what else he does.  

1. * FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
So this one will probably have to come out of the state legislatures, because, cynically, I don't see 2/3 of the Houe and Senate voting to start the process to limit their time in office. Definitely not Rubio. 

So this one will probably have to come out of the state legislatures, because, cynically, I don't see 2/3 of the Houe and Senate voting to start the process to limit their time in office. Definitely not Rubio. 
He just has to propose it so that he can then use it a cudgel when McConnell doesn't do exactly what he wants.  One of Trump's biggest strengths is knowing others weaknesses and how to exploit them to get what he wants.  Never forget that.  

I just assume he'll wave a wand and say most of this stuff is done.  I mean it takes no effort to propose the constitutional amendment to limit terms and have it go nowhere or have Ryan/McConnell pass the tax law.  

However, I'm really curious if he's really going to do these 3:

We're going to see pretty quickly if we are going to have trade wars with our biggest trading partners.  If we are, it's going to be a very rocky 4 years for the economy no matter what else he does.  
Agree bigly.

I feel like most of his anti-global economy rhetoric and the measures to scale it back seem like they are harmful and/or impossible, but I really can't say I know enough about it to know for sure.

Agree. Congress doesn't agree on much, but I can't see them agreeing to limit their terms in office.

I used to be for term-limits. Then, I realized that the House is up for re-election every 2 years. We have ample opportunity to vote those people out if we so choose. And not all of them are bad. For instance, my rep, Steny Hoyer, has done some great things for my area and has allowed it thrive during his time in office. I would hate to see him go, which is why I vote for him every 2 years.

Agree bigly.

I feel like most of his anti-global economy rhetoric and the measures to scale it back seem like they are harmful and/or impossible, but I really can't say I know enough about it to know for sure.
They're definitely not impossible...he can do the NAFTA thing and he can definitely tell Munchen (wait I thought GS people were the devil, but I digress) to label China a currency manipulator.  What their response is the unknown.  He might thread the needle with Mexico, but China is a tougher nut to crack since their number one goal geopolitically is to expand their influence around Asia.   

Considering that every president ever has completed 100% of his promised platform in the first 100 days, I figure this is a lock 

Disclaimer: didn't vote for the tangerine 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sinn Fein continues to nail it. I doubt all that gets done but it looks great and sums a loT of the reasons or things folks who voted for Trump want to see happen.

Considering that every president ever has completed 100% of his promised platform in the first 100 days, I figure this is a lock 

Trump has a fairly robust 100-day plan, lets see what he gets done, what he proposes that congress shoots down, and what he ignores:

Who said anything about expecting him to get it all accomplished?   I am just as curious to see what he does v. what McConnell and Ryan do as anything else.

Agree. Congress doesn't agree on much, but I can't see them agreeing to limit their terms in office.

I used to be for term-limits. Then, I realized that the House is up for re-election every 2 years. We have ample opportunity to vote those people out if we so choose. And not all of them are bad. For instance, my rep, Steny Hoyer, has done some great things for my area and has allowed it thrive during his time in office. I would hate to see him go, which is why I vote for him every 2 years.
4 term limit for house members and 2 term limit for senate makes a lot of sense to me.  Disagree with him on much but term limits are a good idea.  

Let's talk about NAFTA.

So far as I know:

1. A President can't just unilaterally break a treaty.

2. Most Republicans in Congress are opposed to ending NAFTA.

So how much power does Trump have to screw with this?

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
I don't understand the point of this one. Can someone smarter than me explain?

I'm interpreting this as anytime a new regulation pops up, we have to get rid of 2 previous ones. So let's say a new regulation pops up for the auto industry, can you just get rid of 2 regulations on the environment or do they have to apply to the same thing? And to me, that doesn't make any sense at all that you would have to get rid of regulations to impose a new one. What if the new one is necessary and it doesn't make sense to get rid of any previous ones?

4 term limit for house members and 2 term limit for senate makes a lot of sense to me.  Disagree with him on much but term limits are a good idea.  
Eh, in theory it is a good idea in some ways, but it's also a hugely complicated issue that can't be solved with a simplistic solution. One of the major effects of constant inexperience in Congress would be increasing the power of the experienced lobbyists and bureaucrats who are there permanently. It also encourages the "kick the can down the road" mentality because they won't be around to be held accountable for the consequences.

Congress is obviously a big part of the problem, but the issues also run much deeper.

I like the term limit plan. As for much of the rest...meh. I would like to see us scale back handouts ot Saudi, Israel, and other countries. Instead putting money toward large, long term infrastructure upgrades. 

Let's talk about NAFTA.

So far as I know:

You actually think that Congressional Republicans are going to stand up to Trump now? After everything we've seen this cycle?

You actually think that Congressional Republicans are going to stand up to Trump now? After everything we've seen this cycle?
My guess is that guys like McConnell and Ryan think they will get Trump to bend to their will - simply by knowing how the game is played in Washington.  I don't know Ryan's district, but I suspect both he and McConnell are safe to be re-elected if they so choose - so pursuing their own agenda will have limited impact.

I think Trump will try to fight for a couple of years, but will eventually give up trying to "Drain the Swamp"

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

I'm interpreting this as anytime a new regulation pops up, we have to get rid of 2 previous ones. So let's say a new regulation pops up for the auto industry, can you just get rid of 2 regulations on the environment or do they have to apply to the same thing? And to me, that doesn't make any sense at all that you would have to get rid of regulations to impose a new one. What if the new one is necessary and it doesn't make sense to get rid of any previous ones?
I'd like to know which two he is proposing to eliminate in order to put into effect this new regulation he is proposing. 

My guess is that guys like McConnell and Ryan think they will get Trump to bend to their will - simply by knowing how the game is played in Washington.  I don't know Ryan's district, but I suspect both he and McConnell are safe to be re-elected if they so choose - so pursuing their own agenda will have limited impact.

I think Trump will try to fight for a couple of years, but will eventually give up trying to "Drain the Swamp"
Maybe. Eric Cantor probably thought that he was pretty safe, too, though. Given how angry people evidently are, and how much they obviously just follow blindly whatever Trump says, I don't think that anyone should be feeling too secure in their seat.

Why can't I see his plans to reverse racial and gender equality and put LGBTs back into the closet? Or is he saving that for the second 100 days?

They're definitely not impossible...he can do the NAFTA thing and he can definitely tell Munchen (wait I thought GS people were the devil, but I digress) to label China a currency manipulator.  What their response is the unknown.  He might thread the needle with Mexico, but China is a tougher nut to crack since their number one goal geopolitically is to expand their influence around Asia.   
I guess what I mean by impossible is not literally impossible by law or desire, but generally untenable given where the world is today.  International commerce and companies with global operations seem so integral to the world economy today that it just seems unrealistic to me that these things he wants that will theoretically help "working-class" Americans and our economy simply cannot succeed.

I love the idea of this thread but really there are so many things in that plan that it is going to be a cluster.  We need a Trump 100 days forum.

I've got to admit that I'm surprised that he has such a long, concrete list of things to do in his 100 day plan. And a lot of them aren't altogether horrible ideas.

Let's talk about NAFTA.

So far as I know:

The Art of the Deal:

Trump:  "I'll appoint this super-right-wing nutjob that Mitch McConnell likes to the Supreme Court in exchange for Congress amending/repealing NAFTA" 

Congress: "OK, deal"

We are going to have a generation of kids who have been screwed up by the education system.  Whether you believe in Common Core or not, changing how kids are taught every 4-8 years has to have a negative impact.

We are going to have a generation of kids who have been screwed up by the education system.  Whether you believe in Common Core or not, changing how kids are taught every 4-8 years has to have a negative impact.
At what grade does common core begin?

Interesting.  I've seen online some examples of the odd questions that are asked in math and I've seen none of that in either of my kid's homework.  They do go to a Montessori school though so I don't know if we do things differently.

Interesting.  I've seen online some examples of the odd questions that are asked in math and I've seen none of that in either of my kid's homework.  They do go to a Montessori school though so I don't know if we do things differently.
How do you not know that?  I thought the whole point of a Montessori school is that they do things differently...

MattFancy said:

it's mostly empty rhetoric, but are you aware of just how many federal regulations there are? The Federal Register is the publication that contains them, and it is over 80,000 pages long.

There are 5 pages alone with regulations on cherry pies.

it's mostly empty rhetoric, but are you aware of just how many federal regulations there are? The Federal Register is the publication that contains them, and it is over 80,000 pages long.

There are 5 pages alone with regulations on cherry pies.
Oh I'm not saying that there are probably some crazy ones. But that just seems to be a weird policy stance to take: that for every new regulation, we have to get rid of 2 old ones. I mean if there's bad ones, then just get them off the books.

Sinn Fein said:
How do you not know that?  I thought the whole point of a Montessori school is that they do things differently...
Well they still have to follow certain standards established by the state. I've just never seen any wacky common core stuff.  

the best pithy statement i ran across in this campaign, trying to explain the Trump phenomenon, was this:

"The elites take Trump literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally."

I think this applies to that regulation bullet point. It's a philosophical stance that is saying we have too many regulations, so if some federal department/agency wants to add some more, then they need to identify some existing regulations to get rid of. It's a way to shift the paradigm of thinking about regulations in DC.

the best pithy statement i ran across in this campaign, trying to explain the Trump phenomenon, was this:

"The elites take Trump literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally."

I think this applies to that regulation bullet point. It's a philosophical stance that is saying we have too many regulations, so if some federal department/agency wants to add some more, then they need to identify some existing regulations to get rid of. It's a way to shift the paradigm of thinking about regulations in DC.
I guess I can understand that. I'm just worried that some that actually are useful could be cut because they needed to get rid of some to bring in new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread