What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (4 Viewers)

Got my tickets for the Minnesota game on the alumni sale from Tuesday.  Excited for the season!  Let's get here already! :excited:

#BOOM! again.  4* DB Jordan Battle from St Aquinas in Fla has committed as expected to the good guys.  Man, this group is looking great.  If/once Zach Harrison commits, there will be a huge sigh of relief.  That kid is a ridiculous specimen and could be a generational DE.  Cannot let him leave the shadow of the Shoe.

#Boom!  As expected,  QB Jack Miller III commits.   

Word is Urban has a few more 2020 kids that want to commit but he is pumping the brakes so as to not interfere with 2019 commits.

Kind of cool reading about these 2020 commits.  Miller, Wray, Cavazos and Johnson have a huge group chat with a lot of 4 and 5 star kids hoping to get them all to sign.  It is crazy what they are doing to make this a super class.

#boom!  Highly touted 2020 OG Luke Wypler commits to the Bucks over Stanford.  Kid is really smart and very athletic for his size.   2020 shaping into a monster class.

#Boom! 4* ILB Kane Patterson pledges to the 2019 class.  Another 2020 boom might be forthcoming soon with one of the top WRs in that class.

Sad news for Buckeye Nation as Mike Kudla has passed away.  Only 34 yrs old.  I can't find any news on the cause of death.  Highland High School has posted a nice write up on him on their Facebook page.

Is this a good thread to talk about Urban Meyer covering up for an assistant coach who beats his wife, or would it be better to just create an all purpose "College sports scandals" thread?

Seems that the details about Smith are sketchy at best, but Urban did what you have to do so :thumbup: to that I guess.  Having Hartline step up can only be good.  Hope he is a good recruiter, or can learn to be.  Zach seemed to really resonate with the kids he recruited.  Hope things work out for him and his family situation as best they can.

#Boom! 4* 2020 RB Darvon Hubbard returns home to Ohio,  committing today.   He grew up in Akron and is current teammates with fellow 2020 commit QB Jack Miller.  He said he wanted to commit early to truly focus on building a special 2020 class.

#Boom!  A few days ago anyway.  3* TE Cormontae Hamilton commits for 2019.  You have to love this kid.  Pays for a long ### Greyhound bus ride to get to Friday Night Lights to work out injured and earn his offer.  Kid looks legit, and held commit-able offers from Alabama and other large schools.  I think the 3 stars is a huge under-ranking.

As a Buckeye homer, this is not looking good. If it turns out the way it’s looking, I hope we do the right thing and let Urb go. I am willing to let all the facts come out but I hope we don’t try to sweep this under a rug or justify wrong doing. 

“I would not want football to drive a line of cleavage in our university. Football is not worth that.” — Woody Hayes

As a Buckeye homer, this is not looking good. If it turns out the way it’s looking, I hope we do the right thing and let Urb go. I am willing to let all the facts come out but I hope we don’t try to sweep this under a rug or justify wrong doing. 
Courtney Smith is claiming that an assistant coach (Hiram de Fries) asked courtney to not file charges in 2015. If she has evidence to back up that claim, and it looks like she might, then not only is Urban gone, but some staff is going to go with him. If this was a cover up, then I really don't care what success the ####bag had while he was here.  

Courtney Smith is claiming that an assistant coach (Hiram de Fries) asked courtney to not file charges in 2015. If she has evidence to back up that claim, and it looks like she might, then not only is Urban gone, but some staff is going to go with him. If this was a cover up, then I really don't care what success the ####bag had while he was here.  
I think that was in 2009...which makes it even worse if that was the case.

Jeez... Penn State, Michigan State, Ohio State... these were once "great" institutions, or so we thought.

These assorted issues, all somehow surrounding the issue of above, have just become so prevalent.   Kinda don't even know what to say... other than if what we know is indeed true, kick him to the curb.

We need institutions of "higher learning" to do better.  I just wonder how much the monetization of sports has made that an all but impossible feat.  Sad to say, but I think we'd be a better society if big time college sports was truely professionalized, and removed in a way from the academic and social arenas in which these institutions are SUPPOSED to make a difference, mission driven.

Unless something is pulled out of his hat, I think he is done and I am glad! I was glad when we got him but I don’t care who you are, you pull this kind of crap and you should be fired! 

Scumbag is censored? No. ####bag is new to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Not an Urban fan, but I am shocked his tenure would end due to such stupidity.  Had he answered that question at the Big 10 coaches meeting with something mundane like “I can’t comment on an HR issue like that at this time.” that may have been the end of it.   

Shocked but not surprised.  Urban will lay low for a year and end up with a nice deal at Baylor.

Crazy day at my office yesterday.  Honestly did not even see all of this until later afternoon.  Crazy happenings for sure.  I guess time will tell, but we sure do not have the whole story.

The only thing I know for damn sure is any PSU fans have no business ever talking crap about cover ups. :ph34r:

Not an Urban fan, but I am shocked his tenure would end due to such stupidity.  Had he answered that question at the Big 10 coaches meeting with something mundane like “I can’t comment on an HR issue like that at this time.” that may have been the end of it.   
Who knew Urban would be fired before Hue Jackson?

Crazy day at my office yesterday.  Honestly did not even see all of this until later afternoon.  Crazy happenings for sure.  I guess time will tell, but we sure do not have the whole story.

The only thing I know for damn sure is any PSU fans have no business ever talking crap about cover ups. :ph34r:
#BOOM! GOTTA HEAR BOTH SIDES!!!

Did they change the rules for transferring college athletes?  If so maybe some nice 5-star talent is ripe for the picking.  I am sure that a kid going to Ohio State wanted to play for Urban and not one of his flunkies. 

Urban’s drive by on Pitino is coming back to haunt him. 

Tim May (@TIM_MAYsports)

9/28/17, 12:35 PM

Meyer on the college basketball scandal: "I've always believed ... if intentionally lie about committing violations ... you're finished."

Thinking about it, either Urban Meyer or Shelley Meyer will deserve all the scorn that can be heaped on them.  [Probably both.]  They both knew about the 2009 incident.  When issues resurfaced in 2015, then, it's clearly a problem that needed to be addressed.  So which is it:

Shelley Meyer: Heard about it in 2015, but might not have reported it to the university and didn't bother to tell her husband/soulmate.  How could any woman respect her?  How could any new football community embrace her?

Urban Meyer: Heard about it from Shelley, but despite his stated (and the team's well-publicized) standards didn't even discuss it with Smith, much less act, and now lied about it at the B1G event.   :bye:

What's interesting to me is that as every hour and every day goes by, Urb is basically shafting his wife.  His silence is saying "I didn't know because my wife didn't have the decency or strength of character to tell me.  She's at fault, not me."  It's you or her, Urb.  Man up.

This shouldn't even be an issue her own parents didn't even help her.  But all u haters think Urban should be fired cause he didn't even know.  What a joke the same people complaining are the ones who keep quiet when their coworkers come in with black eyes and bruises.

while i doubt it will (or maybe should) happen, i'd like meyer to be forced out as a result of this. my U-M needs all the help it can get. the last ten years have been brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread