What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (9 Viewers)

Welp I’ve bet way too much on golf this weekend, but my wife is going on a girls trip so im looking forward to a long weekend of edibles, drinking and gambling 

and I found out my job is paying back 3 months of 20% payment deferral by the end of the month instead of end of Q1 2021 :banned:
sounds like you bet just enough if not a little light.......

lumpy19 said:
Chubb 1st TD +500

Hunt 1st TD +900

Beckham u5 -145

Baker u21.5 comp -140

Ross u2.5 rec -114 u31.5 yds +100

Uzomah u24.5 rec yds +100

Mixon u2.5 rec -130

Hooper u3.5 -125
We're thinking along the same lines. 

I went:

Burrow 1st TD +2500

Boyd 1st TD +1400

Hunt 1st TD +1000

Beckham u59.5

I bet Ga Southern -1.5 today.  Then this was posted:

I took Georgia Southern +2.5 and ML +115, but -1.5 and the ML is still a very good bet.

Was already leaning this, before the COVID drop. For a team that was already dealing with massive production losses, no spring, and an entirely new coaching staff, it’s brutal to have this happen a few days out before the game. They’re returning basically 0 production at QB and WR, so not expecting much from this offense outside of their RBs. With the Covid news, now they’re gonna have to mix and match players in the 2 deep, figure everything out, etc. Basically they have to go back to the drawing board, a few days before their game. They’ll be more focused on themselves than even preparing for Georgia Southern, which is not a good opponent to be distracted against with their option attack. On the other hand, Georgia Southern is likely to get some players back and they’ve already played a game with their current roster and got another full week of prep with the roster. 

“Then FAU lost a slew of players on its own, so the COVID pendulum swung back to favor the Eagles. The triple option’s relative scarcity and the way it forces defenses to play outside their comfort zones make it extremely difficult – and annoying – to defend. FAU didn’t have spring football to implement Jim Leavitt’s completely new defensive scheme. The Owls were without 11 of their top 13 tacklers from last season before the recent COVID outbreak. Now sources tell OwlAccess.com that half of the defensive starters were among the positive tests.”

Georgia Southern in a route. Max bet it through -3.

SMU over 68.5

Not exactly sure how I feel about NTX offense, but I’m confident their defense is trash. The offense wasn’t great with Fine last year, so maybe there won’t be as much of a drop off as expected, with Littrel taking over the play calling duties. We’ll find out more this week! The offense did put up 8.4 YPP on Baptist while TT only put up 6.6. They seemed to have a nice running game, albeit against Baptist, and want to focus on that from coaches quotes, but they also take a ton of deep shots. Bean throws an ugly ball, but he was mostly effective. NTX really cranked up the tempo in their first game playing 4 seconds faster than LY, despite the 14% run increase from LY, all while playing in a blow-out win. SMU’s defense is nothing special, so I think they can score some here. 

After their less than stellar performance against Texas State, SMU will be excited to fine tune the offense and put up a hefty number. This is just the opponent to do it against, as I think North Texas defense has tons of holes. Texas State’s defense turns out to be pretty damn competent as well. In my Texas State write-up, I mentioned that they only gave up 2 big plays in the 2h vs UTSA. If it wasn’t for those, they only gave up 1.65 YPP after making adjustments for the 2h, as I suspected they didn’t know what to expect from UTSA’s new offense in the 1h. Spavital has recently confirmed my suspicions with some quotes in an article. Well, I went back and watched the highlights of that 2h. Texas State should’ve pitched a shut out. On the first of those long plays, Texas State had great penetration into the backfield and it looked like McCormick was stuck behind the line for a loss of 5 or so, but he found a seam and busted it for 58. On the other, Texas State should’ve intercepted the pass, but the WR took it away from him for a gain of 44. The final 7 points came on a pick 6. This makes me even more bullish on the Texas State play this week.

Anyway, enough about Texas State. There should be tons of plays here, SMU is gonna hang a number, and I think North Texas offense is competent enough to keep up. Even if not, the 2h should provide opportunities for them to score on SMU’s back-ups. This feels like this is gonna be a loose game with lots of fireworks. Should be perfect weather in Denton.

52-27 Mustangs.

SMU over 68.5

Not exactly sure how I feel about NTX offense, but I’m confident their defense is trash. The offense wasn’t great with Fine last year, so maybe there won’t be as much of a drop off as expected, with Littrel taking over the play calling duties. We’ll find out more this week! The offense did put up 8.4 YPP on Baptist while TT only put up 6.6. They seemed to have a nice running game, albeit against Baptist, and want to focus on that from coaches quotes, but they also take a ton of deep shots. Bean throws an ugly ball, but he was mostly effective. NTX really cranked up the tempo in their first game playing 4 seconds faster than LY, despite the 14% run increase from LY, all while playing in a blow-out win. SMU’s defense is nothing special, so I think they can score some here. 

After their less than stellar performance against Texas State, SMU will be excited to fine tune the offense and put up a hefty number. This is just the opponent to do it against, as I think North Texas defense has tons of holes. Texas State’s defense turns out to be pretty damn competent as well. In my Texas State write-up, I mentioned that they only gave up 2 big plays in the 2h vs UTSA. If it wasn’t for those, they only gave up 1.65 YPP after making adjustments for the 2h, as I suspected they didn’t know what to expect from UTSA’s new offense in the 1h. Spavital has recently confirmed my suspicions with some quotes in an article. Well, I went back and watched the highlights of that 2h. Texas State should’ve pitched a shut out. On the first of those long plays, Texas State had great penetration into the backfield and it looked like McCormick was stuck behind the line for a loss of 5 or so, but he found a seam and busted it for 58. On the other, Texas State should’ve intercepted the pass, but the WR took it away from him for a gain of 44. The final 7 points came on a pick 6. This makes me even more bullish on the Texas State play this week.

Anyway, enough about Texas State. There should be tons of plays here, SMU is gonna hang a number, and I think North Texas offense is competent enough to keep up. Even if not, the 2h should provide opportunities for them to score on SMU’s back-ups. This feels like this is gonna be a loose game with lots of fireworks. Should be perfect weather in Denton.

52-27 Mustangs.
This from the guy?

I bet Ga Southern -1.5 today.  Then this was posted:

I took Georgia Southern +2.5 and ML +115, but -1.5 and the ML is still a very good bet.

Was already leaning this, before the COVID drop. For a team that was already dealing with massive production losses, no spring, and an entirely new coaching staff, it’s brutal to have this happen a few days out before the game. They’re returning basically 0 production at QB and WR, so not expecting much from this offense outside of their RBs. With the Covid news, now they’re gonna have to mix and match players in the 2 deep, figure everything out, etc. Basically they have to go back to the drawing board, a few days before their game. They’ll be more focused on themselves than even preparing for Georgia Southern, which is not a good opponent to be distracted against with their option attack. On the other hand, Georgia Southern is likely to get some players back and they’ve already played a game with their current roster and got another full week of prep with the roster. 

“Then FAU lost a slew of players on its own, so the COVID pendulum swung back to favor the Eagles. The triple option’s relative scarcity and the way it forces defenses to play outside their comfort zones make it extremely difficult – and annoying – to defend. FAU didn’t have spring football to implement Jim Leavitt’s completely new defensive scheme. The Owls were without 11 of their top 13 tacklers from last season before the recent COVID outbreak. Now sources tell OwlAccess.com that half of the defensive starters were among the positive tests.”

Georgia Southern in a route. Max bet it through -3.
Postponed.  :(  

The Florida Atlantic-Georgia Southern football game, set for Saturday in Statesboro, Georgia, has been postponed because of positive COVID-19 tests from FAU, the schools announced Friday.

Florida Atlantic made the decision to postpone after receiving results of Thursday's coronavirus testing. The Owls canceled practice Tuesday after several players tested positive for the virus.

Users who are viewing this thread