What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (16 Viewers)

The product is so obviously watered down compared to other college sports, yet requires more work (more teams) and more luck (more variance) than any other market I can think of besides NASCAR (which is the epitome of a luck sport).
Speaking of NASCAR...

Penzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube
Start Time: 3:30PM ET
YTD: 12-3

Kurt Busch over Amirola, -150 [1 unit]
Kyle Busch over Blaney, -125 [1 unit]
Chris Bell over Dillon, -135 [2 units]

(Not my picks. Sharing from a reputable capper I know.)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 350 Division 1 NCAAB teams.
There are 127 Division 1 NCAAF teams.

That alone tells you everything you need to know about quality and parity. You're betting on D2 kids under the guise of D1 competition.

Shots Props

• Brady Tkachuk O3.5 -112
  • T.J. Oshie O1.5 -157
  • Alex Ovechkin O3.5 -140
  • Kevin Hayes O2.5 +107
  • David Pastrnak O3.5 -138
  • Alex Barkov O2.5 -137
  • Andrei Svechnikov O2.5 -115
  • Bryan Rust O2.5 -133
...and let's go David Pastrnak anytime goal +112

I don't even think Vegas needs to rig anything on NCAAB. The inconsistency of these kids creates the same randomness as a roulette wheel. Over the long run, they're going to bleed you out on those 0's and 00's and they don't even have to put any thought into it.

Speaking of NASCAR...

Penzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube
Start Time: 3:30PM ET
YTD: 12-3

Kurt Busch over Amirola, -150 [1 unit]
Kyle Busch over Blaney, -125 [1 unit]
Chris Bell over Dillon, -135 [2 units]

(Not my picks. Sharing from a reputable capper I know.)
I don't know how much I trust these picks anymore. The guy who gave them to me apparently just stole $6,000 from someone else. :lol:

Facebook User sent Today at 3:09 PM

My friend jimmy set up justin and I with a sports book that is local to where jimmy lives. Jimmy was up big almost 50k. Justin was down about 5 racks and I was down a couple thousand as well. When it came time for jimmy to get paid he realized he was getting burnt. (Happened to me plenty of times as you know. You get up enough on a book and it never ends wel with local bookies) Jimmy is a stand up guy. He was excited about his winnings and paid his boat off and booked a trip for his family before realizing he wasn’t getting paid. He was devastated. He immediately contacted me and Justin to let us know not to pay our outstanding negative balance. Justin and we’re both frustrated (naturally) because we have already sent losses to this bookie previously

Facebook User

The part where I get ####ed is when @Justin O'Donnell finds this out he finds it in him to tell me he was up on the book. Buys into my card game for 6.6k and loses. And then tells me that the bookie is screwing him over for his winnings and that’s why he can’t pay.

He wasn’t up and had no intentions of paying. Not sure what I had to do with this or why a 6.6k shot gets taken on me for no reason. We’ve been cool, I’ve helped him get followers on Twitter. No I’m un freinded and getting no response through text

Facebook User

Facebook User sent Today at 3:10 PM

I understand guy post some soccer winners so I don’t want to effect people’s pockets. I’m going to step out and you guys can just add me back if he’s no longer here. If not I wish you all the very best of luck. The script tends to flip in March hoops so don’t get caught with you pants down

Going with the under tonight on the All Star game Embied and Simmons out due to Covid. Ugh could be a spot for a Zion as MVP since he is starting but I know he has a foot injury 

I can’t believe they allow the public to bet on NBA skill games. It should be criminal. It’s obvious from the smiles none of them take it seriously. This is a game you would see on Survivor or Big Brother. It’s criminal they allow the public to lose hard earned money on it. Is there anything you can study to come to a logical winner. I call bs. 

I can’t believe they allow the public to bet on NBA skill games. It should be criminal. It’s obvious from the smiles none of them take it seriously. This is a game you would see on Survivor or Big Brother. It’s criminal they allow the public to lose hard earned money on it. Is there anything you can study to come to a logical winner. I call bs. 
Bet the over on the game tonight.

I'm mad. They tricked me too.

ALL STAR GAME O319
8:00PM ET

The Democrats are in office. They'll allow us to hit the over. It's good for the morale of the country.
Train leaves the station in 5 minutes. Be there or be square. I wouldn't want to bet betting against the best NBA capper on the planet. 😏

Northern Voice said:
Hockey was bad yesterday. 2/8 on shot props, making it 15/22 on the season, so I will stick with it later today.

1/4 on sides with the longshot Ducks being the only winner.

Dallas Stars -151

Pittsburgh Penguins -147

Tampa Bay Lightning -206

----

There is value on the Florida Panthers at +124 as long as Dreidger starts but I'm done betting against Carolina. Ottawa at +148 against Calgary on the 2nd half of a back to back is intriguing too, might depend on how many beers I drink between now and then - or maybe I'll target a couple Sens in shots props.

Northern Voice said:
Shots Props

• Brady Tkachuk O3.5 -112
  • T.J. Oshie O1.5 -157
  • Alex Ovechkin O3.5 -140
  • Kevin Hayes O2.5 +107
  • David Pastrnak O3.5 -138
  • Alex Barkov O2.5 -137
  • Andrei Svechnikov O2.5 -115
  • Bryan Rust O2.5 -133
...and let's go David Pastrnak anytime goal +112

Northern Voice said:
Down 1-0 early, I added a live bet at +113, so there's a chance I'm tilting early today :lol:  
Mixed bag yesterday. Doubling down on Tampa and pulling the trigger on Ottawa put me way ahead on sides for the day but I gave all of it back on the props, where only 3/9 (Svech, Rust, Pasta shots) hit.

I updated my spreadsheet for the year last night, which made me feel better.

On sides, which are my main plays in here, I'm 54-32, +14.4 units (that's just hockey, it would worse with football and basketball included). I'm way ahead on parlays too, though the 8 team one that won ensures I will be no matter what basically. Props and shot props, I'm still ahead though barely.

I've bet six hockey totals this year and lost every one :lol:  

St. Louis Blues -152. Blues have had one goal games in 10 of their last 11, including 3 against the Sharks (they won 2, lost 1), so this probably won't be stress free but I still think they should be bigger favourites than this. Ideally it's Binnington/Dubnyk but I'm fine with any goalie combination.

Arizona Coyotes +164. Value bet, they should only be +140-150ish. If Mackinnon and Makar both play it changes things a bit but I don't expect Makar to be back and Mackinnon alone doesn't move the line 10%.

Vancouver/Montreal is in play on both sides, if it's Demko/Price combo then I'd fire up Vancouver. If it's Holtby/Allen, I'd go Montreal. Demko/Allen will depend on line movement/may not have a play.

Edit - what the hell, let's do a STL/EDM parlay too.

I'm seeing people saying they got plus odds out there on Vegas Golden Knights. They're -115 on Pinnacle so I don't know if it was early bets or what but they'd certainly be worth it there. 

R e l a x

Just having fun. We all know when you place a bet you may lose. I am genuinely not upset about it. Sorry that you are. 

Sorry man. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Keep posting them winners! 

Users who are viewing this thread