Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Why?


Recommended Posts

On 12/3/2020 at 4:20 PM, Wrigley said:

This team is just boring, period 

 

They are almost painful to watch 

Couldn't disagree more. If you wait until the 4th quarter to watch Mitch Trubisky operate when they are down by over 3 scores then the games can be really exciting. :) :puke: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, yoman said:

Couldn't disagree more. If you wait until the 4th quarter to watch Mitch Trubisky operate when they are down by over 3 scores then the games can be really exciting. :) :puke: 

Im usually too drunk or passed out by then

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, JetMaxx said:

Homer thoughts on Cole Kmet?

They should have drafted Claypool, that was the need (outside of OL).  They had a bunch of TE's already.  Nagy couldn't make them productive, but Shaheen and Burton are having good seasons elsewhere.  I have zero confidence that Nagy can get the most out of any talent, not just Kmet.  We don't know how good he is, he's rarely on the field.  It's like the Bears rushing 5-10 times in a loss, then Nagy says how they have to run more.  Well, you're the HC, YOU call the plays.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

They should have drafted Claypool, that was the need (outside of OL).  They had a bunch of TE's already.  Nagy couldn't make them productive, but Shaheen and Burton are having good seasons elsewhere.  I have zero confidence that Nagy can get the most out of any talent, not just Kmet.  We don't know how good he is, he's rarely on the field.  It's like the Bears rushing 5-10 times in a loss, then Nagy says how they have to run more.  Well, you're the HC, YOU call the plays.  

Welcome to the Reid coaching tree. They all need to run more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JetMaxx said:

Welcome to the Reid coaching tree. They all need to run more

If you have a bad OL, why tax it by passing more?  Don't get me started on those dumb jet sweeps to Cordalle Patterson either.

Edited by FairWarning
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

If you have a bad OL, why tax it by passing more?  Don't get me started on those dumb jet sweeps to Cordalle Patterson either.

Have you watched Philly?? Wentz is terrible, the OL is on its 11th combination and Pederson throws it 50 times a game. The guy from CLE gets it. Run heavy offense with a poor QB produces wins

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JetMaxx said:

Have you watched Philly?? Wentz is terrible, the OL is on its 11th combination and Pederson throws it 50 times a game. The guy from CLE gets it. Run heavy offense with a poor QB produces wins

They are very similar to the Bears.   Wentz has turned into Jay Cutler with the poor passing mechanics.

 

Edited by FairWarning
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blew a late 10 point lead to what I thought was the worst team in the league who just lost their head coach. Guess that likely makes the Bears the worst team in the league. Good riddance to all these quitters. Let's see in George has the sack to get rid of everyone. 

Edited by flapgreen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time to clean house. Thanks for 2018. 

I'd like to be optimistic, but there is no way this team can improve its 2021 roster. They probably realistically need to trade Fuller if they can get a decent return.

Find a QB of the future and draft multiple OL this offseason. Focus on adding weapons and a pass rush in 2022 and maybe this team can be playoff caliber again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chicago pass defense  - 6 straight games allowing the opposing QB passer rating over 100. In the first 6 games, only one had a rating higher than 80. They gave up 34 points to a Detroit team playing without its top WR and RB.  Now they get to face another QB (Watson) they turned down for Mitch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 3nOut said:

What do you all think of Leslie Frazier as a HC candidate to replace Nagy?

The game is geared to offense.  I wouldn't want a defensive coach as my HC.   If they make a change, it wouldn't surprise me if they go the D route though.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FairWarning said:

The game is geared to offense.  I wouldn't want a defensive coach as my HC.   If they make a change, it wouldn't surprise me if they go the D route though.  

Yea, how's that been working out for us lately? I think I'd prefer a Defensive coach that doesn't want to control the Offense and call the plays. I want the O Coordinator to do that. I don't want the HC micro-managing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The bears can win it all this year. They're getting hot at the right time. They're guaranteed to win out, and once they do, anything can happen in the playoffs. Going on the road for all /most of their games isn't a problem. Thanks to the corona, home field advantage is significantly diluted this year. They're playing extremely well right now, and that elevated offense, combined with one of the league's premier defenses, should result in long awaited Super Bowl Championship. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, such a strange season this year, first six games were a pathetic offense barely pulling out games because the D kept most of them close enough. The next six games were an absolute :tfp:

and I wanted everyone canned. The the last 3 games have probably been all I've ever wanted to see from bears football, they FINALLY were able to take bad teams to the woodshed. I can't remember the last time they have been able to do that. For me there has been nothing more frustrating than watching the bears year after year be unable to score on pathetic opponents.

I'm really torn on what I want to see now. I want Pace fired, as I don't want to watch him waste more draft picks, but I'd like to keep the staff around to see if they have really learned something or if these last 3 games have just been a desperation move and Nagy is just waiting for the off-season to yet again try to re-install his failed offense. 

I don't see both of these being possible, as I figure at this point it's either all stay(most likely) or all go.

Outside of all that, the bears have been putting up 30+ points a game, have a shot at the playoffs (where they likely won't do much) but this thread is dead. Just a strange season...

Edited by The Tick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

It's hard to think this will be anything other than an embarrassing loss for the Bears. 

I agree it's going to be a loss, but if we can manage to put up 30+ points again, which should be possible on the Packers D, I won't consider it an embarrassment. Not too much shame losing to one of the best QB's to play the game as long as you don't get destroyed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Tick said:

I agree it's going to be a loss, but if we can manage to put up 30+ points again, which should be possible on the Packers D, I won't consider it an embarrassment. Not too much shame losing to one of the best QB's to play the game as long as you don't get destroyed.

I think the Bears are capable of beating them. Green Bay is good. Not great. But past history says the Bears will get humiliated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

I think the Bears are capable of beating them. Green Bay is good. Not great. But past history says the Bears will get humiliated. 

D line just has to take over. Pace has put so much money there, if they can't show up and take over a game like today, it's another Pace bust.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, The Tick said:

D line just has to take over. Pace has put so much money there, if they can't show up and take over a game like today, it's another Pace bust.

The defense has bee very mediocre this season. Considering what they've invested in this defense, that's an absolute failure. They need to clean house again, but doubt that happens or would even matter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

The defense has bee very mediocre this season. Considering what they've invested in this defense, that's an absolute failure. They need to clean house again, but doubt that happens or would even matter. 

Yeah really, I think we'd both rather have Floyd at 6M/ year right now rather than Quinn at 14M/ year. Solid vs the run, and could get "close" to the QB just as well as Quinn has been able to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, The Tick said:

Yeah really, I think we'd both rather have Floyd at 6M/ year right now rather than Quinn at 14M/ year. Solid vs the run, and could get "close" to the QB just as well as Quinn has been able to.

Floyd having a great year and was homegrown. Add it to the list of blunders by Pace.  It's like everything I see the Bears do and expected to happen, the opposite happens and they underachieve.  Done believing in this team but still hope they can beat the Packers. 

Edited by flapgreen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, The Tick said:

No, if I remember correctly he's a Panther's fan and started trolling in here to make fun of the bears signing john fox.

Mostly correct although I was a fan from the Avellini and Evans days.  While my fandom changed, my dislike of the Packers remains strong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Mostly correct although I was a fan from the Avellini and Evans days.  While my fandom changed, my dislike of the Packers remains strong.

That's right - @Stinkin Ref is the Chiefs fan. Unfortunately the Bears/Packers rivalry has been one sided. I am going to go out on a limb and say it has something to do with the Bears having QB issues. I know this is a unique thought and isn't well documented :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Mostly correct although I was a fan from the Avellini and Evans days.  While my fandom changed, my dislike of the Packers remains strong.

Well I guess if you still have a strong dislike of the Packers you can't be all bad :).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This defense is such a bunch of quitters. All that money invested on DL and secondary. Next to zero pass rush on Rodgers with their LT out. 3 dropped INTs. Gutless defense. They've already quit. Would've never happened with an Urlacher defense. Mack, Quinn, Hicks are mostly worthless at this point.  Floyd had more sacks than Mack on a different team this year. Lol

Edited by flapgreen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand how a fan can be disappointed in their team making the playoffs. Anything can happen. Turnovers, injuries, whatever. Win four games and you're Super Bowl champions. It's unlikely, but you never know. And 18 fan bases are just watching games this weekend. Your team is still in it. That's something. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neil Beaufort Zod said:

I don't understand how a fan can be disappointed in their team making the playoffs. Anything can happen. Turnovers, injuries, whatever. Win four games and you're Super Bowl champions. It's unlikely, but you never know. And 18 fan bases are just watching games this weekend. Your team is still in it. That's something. 

With this team the floor is higher, but the ceiling is low.  It feels like more of the Lovie Smith Era.  They beat the teams they are supposed to, and lose to the ones that are better, with the exception of TB.  It's your basic 8-8 team.  They spent big money on a D, only to see that ship sailing away.  Robert Quinn was a bust.  

 

37-13 Saints.

Edited by FairWarning
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Neil Beaufort Zod said:

I don't understand how a fan can be disappointed in their team making the playoffs. Anything can happen. Turnovers, injuries, whatever. Win four games and you're Super Bowl champions. It's unlikely, but you never know. And 18 fan bases are just watching games this weekend. Your team is still in it. That's something. 

Exactly.   I’m a Raider fan and still root for Mack.   I’m glad he gets to be in the playoffs this season.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would have to argue with the title of this thread - Most undeserving playoff team in history.

The Washington Football team got rescued by Sudfeld. I think they are equally as bad even if they didn't go through a 6 game losing streak. There have also been teams that have made the playoffs with losing records. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, yoman said:

I would have to argue with the title of this thread - Most undeserving playoff team in history.

The Washington Football team got rescued by Sudfeld. I think they are equally as bad even if they didn't go through a 6 game losing streak. There have also been teams that have made the playoffs with losing records. 

Have a little imagination. There have been worse, but the Bears don't deserve it and wouldn't be in without there being 7 teams. Also, the Redskins would have more wins if they'd had Smith playing from the beginning. And they're on a 5 game winning streak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • flapgreen changed the title to ***Chicago Bears Thread*** Why?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...