What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (21 Viewers)

Another depressing day for the bears... No pro-bowlers, McPhee to IR which may hurt when we need to cut his overpaid can't be on the field ###, and Long having surgery... ON HIS NECK! Still not the shoulder, and it's reported the neck injury was caused by not fixing the shoulder before letting him back on the field. May need two more surgeries now before he's back to 100%.

pantherclub said:
You think the bears will pass on a top qb in the draft?  Are they still sold on mitch?  I know its early but he looks horrendous on the field.  
Only chance of that is if Pace gets fired, and that seems pretty unlikely (not that they wouldn't have a case for it). Mitch hasn't looked great at all, but right now we just have to hope this is growing pains and give him 2 more years.

If pace drafted a RD1 QB this year he should be fired before he had a chance to make his second rd pick.

flapgreen said:
No Bears voted to Pro Bowl for third straight season. What a shame. But not a surprise.  Sad a guy like Hicks gets passed over because he plays for the Bears. Shows what a joke it all is. 

A little hard to say that when he's up against two guys that I think with be HOF players in Donald and Cox.  (I'm almost positive that 3-4DE's are lumped into interior linemen in the pro-bowl)  Now McCoy i'm not sure if he got in this year by performance or reputation, but those other two have just been dominant and I've watched a lot of their games.  Hicks is good, and maybe the best player on the team, but not in their league as far as I'm concerned.

Look out for this o-line to turn into one of the worst in the league very fast. Long is on his downswing already with the injuries nonstop. Sitton is always hurt and may not even be on the team next year. Leno and Massie are tolerable with a dominant interior but they will be exposed. Whitehair seemed to take a step back. 

Poor Mitch. He will never ever have a good situation here. 

Mitch is gonna be fine. Joke of a coaching game staff and has still looked good on a regular basis. 
Let's be honest man, he will never be in a good situation here. If they get some receivers the line will suck, and vice versa. What's the chances this front office or any future front office hired by Phillips and McCaskey will put together a complete offense?

Let's be honest man, he will never be in a good situation here. If they get some receivers the line will suck, and vice versa. What's the chances this front office or any future front office hired by Phillips and McCaskey will put together a complete offense?
Probably right. Sad

You upgrade the line every time. Meredith is coming back and you look for help in FA, grab a WR later in draft. A great O Line makes everything better, a poor O Line doesn't matter if you have Jerry Rice out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
You upgrade the line every time. Meredith is coming back and you look for help in FA, grab a WR later in draft. A great O Line makes everything better, a poor O Line doesn't matter if you have Jerry Rice out there.
I'd like them to grab an OT in the first round this draft.  Then an OLB or DE.  I'd grab a WR or maybe two in the middle rounds.  I hope they can find a way to gain an extra pick or two also.

George McCaskey is 45-66 in his seven seasons as chairman. In the last five years, the Bears are 27-53.  This team needs more than just a good coaching staff. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Really liked seeing Trubisky's mobility yesterday. I thought the announcers' comparison to Rodgers' mobility was accurate, if a little hopeful.

Naturally, the Bears have seemingly no plays designed to use his mobility. Long live the bootleg!

Good luck with that 
See: 2016 Jared Goff.  too soon to write off Trubisky - if I'm the Bears I get a modern offensive mind that can work with him.  If he doesn't improve, then yea, move on. But get him an O-line and some weapons first.  I hope you don'ttake him, but I would be taking a long look at Eagles QB coach DeFilippo.

I don't know about you guys but I love thinking about the off season.  It's boring since there aren't any actual games but I love thinking about the possibilities of the next season and building a team.  There's just something about having a clean slate and starting fresh.  Getting your young players back with more experience.

I saw enough from the team this year to have a lot of optimism for next year.  There are some great pieces to work with but it's going to take a better coaching staff.  If the right staff is in place then this is an above .500 team next year and possible wild card team.

I know there's another week of the regular season left and then the playoffs but I'm excited for FA signing period and the draft.

well, my season is officially over. Heading to Mexico for NYE and won't be paying any attention to football. Enjoy the last game of this train wreck and hopefully by the time i come back on the 1st, we won't have a head coach.

I'll see you for the offseason! Hopefully this one won't be as uninspiring as the last.

Seeing Fangio on the local news it really seems like someone's already told him he can stick around if he wants to. He doesn't have the dead eyes everyone else does.

I saw this mentioned in a recent article and pretty much agree.  Pace has addressed the qb in the best possible way he could've at this point. It was reported that he tried but never had a real shot at Winston, Mariota, Goff, or Wentz.  If you take those four guys out of the equation, who has really been available before this season? No one had their eyes on Prescott. I guess you could argue Jimmy G but no one really went hard after him either.  That leaves the current rookie QB class. Pace went hard after the qb he believed was the best option.  Trubisky has already played in more games than the rest of the rookie qbs combined.  Watson played great but is now on his 2nd or 3rd torn ACL. Mahomes remains to be seen.  Taking a safety at 3 and passing on qb in his third season was never going to happen.  Next year's qb class no longer looks like one for the ages anymore like it supposedly did before the season.  Eddie Jackson has been one of the the top rookie safeties and Pace got him in the 4th round.  Will echo what I said last year and what I think they'll do again next year. Unless you already have everything else in place, you stick with a pass rusher, cb, qb, or OT in top 10.

Rapaport saying Fox will be gone after tomorrow.

Raiders going hard after Gruden. 

Schwartz strong candidate for Giants. 

Bill Obrien to be determined. I think he stays. 

Leaves Colts, Bengals, Lions, maybe Arizona, Browns, Broncos. 

Giants, Bears, Texans, Colts top potential positions available 

The fact that Fangio won't even be considered for our HC is just another example of why the Bears will continue to lose. Bad management and worse ownership. He's been forced to do a lot with very little and this last year, put together a very good unit when everyone was healthy. Whoever ends up with him will have an overperforming defense next year

gabes1919 said:
The fact that Fangio won't even be considered for our HC is just another example of why the Bears will continue to lose. Bad management and worse ownership. He's been forced to do a lot with very little and this last year, put together a very good unit when everyone was healthy. Whoever ends up with him will have an overperforming defense next year
The Bears will be looking for an offensive minded coach to develop Trubiskey and bring the offense to the current century. I read somewhere that they want Fangio to stay and told him as much. I'm hoping that if he does not get a HC offer and likes our new HC, that he stays.

That said, if Carolina loses today and misses the playoffs, and Rivera gets fired, would you guys like him as e Bears next HC?

8th pick in draft. 4 teams ahead of them likely taking qb. So essentially top 4 pick. Should get an elite OT or pass rusher. Already have our LT so would be RT if taken. Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchy or Orlando Brown

Fox is officially gone. Not surprising.  Time to move on and find the right coach that can develop a young team with a young QB. 

I'll give Fox this: Even with the losses, the team is in a much better position than when he got here. They're no longer getting embarrassed on a regular basis and the defense is worlds better. Team is not unstable and in shambles like it was 3 years ago.  But Fox took them as far as he was going to. Time to bring in an offensive guy and turn it around. 

I'll give Fox this: Even with the losses, the team is in a much better position than when he got here. They're no longer getting embarrassed on a regular basis and the defense is worlds better. Team is not unstable and in shambles like it was 3 years ago.  But Fox took them as far as he was going to. Time to bring in an offensive guy and turn it around. 
Maybe if you say so but what i see is a stubborn coach the game has completely passed by

Users who are viewing this thread

• ZWK