What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that Trump has a heavily neutered smartphone like Obama had (no camera, no texting, the phone functionality is disabled, and it won't play music... I'm imagining it has some secure/encrypted program on it for communication), and that he dictates his tweets to a staffer. I know I read about the dictating tweets part, but I don't remember where.
Ah thanks, missed this before my last post. 

Yeah, that's crazy. Why would anyone ever go to a financial planner not bound by a fiduciary responsibility? How is this helping the country?
It employs a bunch of brokers who are employed off of commissions from people that don't know any better.  There's really no reason everyone isn't fee only at this point, but brokers have load mutual funds and variable insurance products to sell to unsuspecting middle America.  Make no mistake this is a direct tax on middle America so Wall Street can make more money.

My understanding is that Trump has a heavily neutered smartphone like Obama had (no camera, no texting, the phone functionality is disabled, and it won't play music... I'm imagining it has some secure/encrypted program on it for communication), and that he dictates his tweets to a staffer. I know I read about the dictating tweets part, but I don't remember where.
He allegedly won't let go of his Android phone.  He tweets some of the work himself.

Ronald Reagan famously said that the did not move away from the democrats, but rather they moved away from him.  No reason to believe that dynamic does not work in both directions.
Clearly Trump and his views have moved away from what I stand for.  If the rest of the Republican party follows them that would be to bad.  

Of course, I think part of the problem is people get news from one slanted source.  I truly tried to spend my time listening to both Fox News and MSNBC as well as other sources I think are reliable so I can get multiple views on issues and make up my own mind.  So many people don't bother to do that and become so slanted in there views rattling off talking points spit out by their network of choice.  

I gotta say, this may have been Trump's plan all along.  But I have Trump fatigue after only 2 weeks.  Can't stand to read another story about him.
In the poker room I play in, this was the stance from a lot of people.  They just wanted to watch TV and relax and it's Trump 24/7.  Between some not very well thought out first moves and the left challenging him on even the tiniest of things, many Americans are just tuning out to all of it.  

This is the report I was waiting on as the other stuff wears me out.   A positive sign so hopefully we can keep this momentum.

The momentum in the U.S. labor market swelled in January, government data released Friday showed, spurring U.S. stock markets toward the historic highs reached last week.

The blue-chip Dow Industrial Average gained nearly 1 percent on Friday, breaching the 20,000 mark for the second time this year. The broader Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index climbed 0.7 percent, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq advanced 0.5 percent.

The first employment report since Donald Trump began his presidency showed the U.S. labor market expanding at a healthy pace. Companies added 227,000 jobs in January of 2017.

This is the report I was waiting on as the other stuff wears me out.   A positive sign so hopefully we can keep this momentum.

The momentum in the U.S. labor market swelled in January, government data released Friday showed, spurring U.S. stock markets toward the historic highs reached last week.

The blue-chip Dow Industrial Average gained nearly 1 percent on Friday, breaching the 20,000 mark for the second time this year. The broader Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index climbed 0.7 percent, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq advanced 0.5 percent.

The first employment report since Donald Trump began his presidency showed the U.S. labor market expanding at a healthy pace. Companies added 227,000 jobs in January of 2017.
So the unemployment number is legit now, I assume?

BTW his memo on the fiduciary rule doesn't suspend it from going into effect in April and requires the Labor Dept to go through the formal rule making process including comments to repeal it.  Point being everyone may still have to meet it for some period of time before it would be altered.  Net-net his action may not mean all that much since most firms will have already adjusted everything anyway.

The EO on Dodd-Frank is so boilerplate it's pretty meaningless as well.  It. Also ally just reiterates what we already knew he'd be trying to do with no real effect in the short term (i.e rolling back any of this stuff will either require Congres or formal rule making which can be notoriously slow)

I wonder how the person doing his tweeting decides what gets CAPITALIZED and what goes "in quotation marks"  :shrug:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Weren't there a few posters complaining about Obama flying to Hawaii on his vacation? Care to comment? 

"One of President Trump's sons made a business trip to Uruguay in early January that cost taxpayers $97,830 to put Secret Service and embassy staffers in hotel rooms, according to a new report."
How many rounds of golf did he play?

Iranians are exceptionally well educated, relatively open in terms of women's rights etc... but at the same time, their gov't is not just kinda sketchy (like ours is at this point). It's a disaster on so many levels. Until the people actually DO something about their government, they must accept their position in the world.

As we are learning to do each day.
And this should be one of the main outcomes from Iran deal over the next 5 to 15 years.  Give the people in Iran a chance to change things from the inside out.   

For the first time Trump is taking money directly out of my pocket.  I have a project shipping from Korea to China and China has embargoed the deal due to the initiation of talks to place a missile in Korea for defense, or something.  

FFS

I wonder how the person doing his tweeting decides what gets CAPITALIZED and what goes "in quotation marks"  :shrug:  
Voice inflection and body language; if my dog can do it, then I suppose a staffer could. :shrug:

However, my dog has real issues with semi-colons versus commas...but he's getting older now. :(

:mellow:  

And the trade war has begun. 
I mean, I spent the whole day looking at an order that was ECD for 1/26/16.  Our logistics team are never going to let stuff sit on docks.  Called and called to see why my #### didn't ship and I didn't get paid out on my Jan check.  Nope, can't ship customs issue something something something missles Trump something something.  

#### all this bull####.  

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 28m28 minutes ago

We must keep "evil" out of our country!

What is the problem with this softy?
What the hell does that mean? Who or what is the "evil" he is referring to? Muslims?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread