What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dems should have been talking about policies and only policies this whole time. Talk about what you and where you want to take this country instead of the distractions. Turn the other cheek. Be the bigger person. Be a leader. Trump is none of those things. Be the leader.
Exactly,  you never engage the bully or troll.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
This post is an inflamatory rant insulting millions of people as if they are all one person ending with all of them being an embarassment to our country.

It has little to do with the actual tweets and neither do my replies.  I hate Trump, don't watch Fox News, don't listen to talk radio, didn't vote for him and won't next round.  I don't even know what stupid POTUS tweets are being discussed.

I think the whole mantra that people who support Trump are ignorant and racist is stupid and insulting.

The real issues are increasing poverty, homelessness, drug abuse and mental illnesses and a declining middle class.  That's why people voted for Trump.
So the poor are getting poorer,  homelessness aparently started under Trump's watch ( who knew?) drug abuse is out of control and  Trump made the rich richer  by cutting their taxes which didnt help the middle class (what middle class at this point? )  Yet his supporters seem to still be eating up  every horrible piece of rhetoric that comes out of his mouth.  If thats why they truly voted for him he surely will lose by a landslide in 2020 because he has been an abject failure at solving those issues. 

You can describe the Trump presidency perfectly that when people heard that Richard Spencer was nominated for acting defense secretary, about half of the people thought it was the white supremacist who got knocked the #### out on Trump's first day in office 

Let’s not kid ourselves. A certain segment* of his base/voters LOVE the fact that he is blatantly racist/xenophobic. 

*I am not making a blanket statement about all or most Trump supporters.
Anyone i know in real life that voted for trump is at least a casual racist 

except maybe my friend Jon, but not 100% he voted for him.

id confidently put it at 90% though 

I think this is quite wrong. I don't have data to back up my claim but anecdotally, many people that I have heard who support Trump did so because of the Republican stance on abortion. Many accept the racism and other missteps because abortion is the be-all. And, in some sense, I get where they are coming from as pro-lifers see this literally as a matter of life and death whereas silly, stupid, mean or racist tweets are just words in the wind.

I think this is quite wrong. I don't have data to back up my claim but anecdotally, many people that I have heard who support Trump did so because of the Republican stance on abortion. Many accept the racism and other missteps because abortion is the be-all. And, in some sense, I get where they are coming from as pro-lifers see this literally as a matter of life and death whereas silly, stupid, mean or racist tweets are just words in the wind.
I’m literally talking about friends, family and co-workers that I personally know that voted for him and I would label as at least casually racist 

urbanhack said:
Shocking.   Racist people don’t find racist things to be racist.  
Upon Hillary calling a portion deplorable...some bought shirts proclaiming to be one of the deplorables.  Proudly admitting to be “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic – Islamophobic – you name it”.

Note:  those are her exact words on who the deplorables were.  Im not calling people those things.

I was with two this weekend. Nice guys and would do anything for you. One was talking about something and said “I’m not racist, but there’s a difference between a “n” word and a black guy. There’s also a difference between a “honky” and a white guy.” As if that made any of the previous statement not racist. :lol:  
How long until Trump drops the ‘n’ word? Have to imagine his supports will point to rap music to make it acceptable.

gianmarco said:
Btw, a fun game is to pick a random page in this thread from long ago and read the controversy du jour. It's fascinating the stuff that gets overlooked and forgotten because of the new crazy that happens almost daily.
You mean how we are now calling Trump racist when he was the one who popularized birtherism?

Hard to believe that only our stable genius dear leader could somehow distract the American people from the stock market making new highs by tweeting ridiculous, racist things thereby establishing a completely different narrative that is not helping him. So much winning, this 4-D chess he is playing. Toying with the Dems, clearly.

Scripted his bigoted comments yesterday, complete with handwritten references to “alcaida.” Some peopel, I’ll tell you....

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Ned
Scripted his bigoted comments yesterday, complete with handwritten references to “alcaida.” Some peopel, I’ll tell you....
That's what struck me too.  It may be naive of me and it probably doesn't make it any better in the end, but I always got the feeling that these comments were from him having no filter and just running his mouth unchecked.  Given he took the time to type this out, print it, and then study and further prep the notes with his sharpie makes it even worse.

“Do not take the bait,” said Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) in a packed Capitol press conference. Pressley went on to call the president’s “xenophobic, bigoted remarks” a “disruptive distraction” from “the callous, chaotic, corrupt culture of this administration.”
- MJ

- I really agree with this, this is Trump's one trick, to churn the media cycle.

I guess the other thought I have is that basically Trump is succeeding in turning Cortez, Pressley, Tlaib and Omar into a singular "group" when Dems start referring to them that way as well. They are four different people, they are not a 'squad' or even a minicaucus.

Also Lindsay Graham telling everyone that "squad" are a bunch of communists.  Wait so how we don't like them again?  They seemed to enjoy them in 2016.  I am sure we will love them around election time next year

Why I say that Trump represents this country way more than people think or want to think.  
MY SIL is a big Trump follower. She posted a meme on FB yesterday that said "Trump is like a doctor with a bad bedside manner. He just tells you the truth you don't want to hear".

I have shown tremendous restraint not replying with something like "If racism is your truth, you're an ###".

I guess the other thought I have is that basically Trump is succeeding in turning Cortez, Pressley, Tlaib and Omar into a singular "group" when Dems start referring to them that way as well. They are four different people, they are not a 'squad' or even a minicaucus.
The danger of the media reporting Trump's propaganda for him instead of just ignoring it and focusing on his corruption/incompetence/lies about policy

MY SIL is a big Trump follower. She posted a meme on FB yesterday that said "Trump is like a doctor with a bad bedside manner. He just tells you the truth you don't want to hear".

I have shown tremendous restraint not replying with something like "If racism is your truth, you're an ###".
Yep just let it slide.   I am not on FB but my wife is.  She unfriended a cousin due to all of the political and religious stuff that was being posted, not because she was mad she was just sick of it all of the time.   The next time she saw that cousin she was asked why she was unfriended and my wife told her.  Interestingly her cousin said she would stop doing it (others unfriended her for the same reason) and true to her word she doesn't send political stuff anymore.    I was pretty surprised and give her credit for realizing it is not worth alienating friends and family.

That may be over the line although it shouldn't be with several dozen rape allegations and his friendship with Epstein. 

That's what struck me too.  It may be naive of me and it probably doesn't make it any better in the end, but I always got the feeling that these comments were from him having no filter and just running his mouth unchecked.  Given he took the time to type this out, print it, and then study and further prep the notes with his sharpie makes it even worse.
Someone else typed it up and likely told him he needed to backtrack.  After vetting the message a bit...he gets it, gets out his giant sharpie and adds his real thoughts.  And its not the first time we have seem his little notes on these things.

Dan Lambskin said:

The remaining 10% are not-so-casual misogynists.  

This article is over a year old, but Trump's still running the same playbook. This is from The Irish Times, so more of that "world respecting America again" thing.

Trial runs for fascism are in full flow

Just a snippet:

Fascism doesn’t arise suddenly in an existing democracy. It is not easy to get people to give up their ideas of freedom and civility. You have to do trial runs that, if they are done well, serve two purposes. They get people used to something they may initially recoil from; and they allow you to refine and calibrate. This is what is happening now and we would be fools not to see it.

It's all coordinated.  Just look at how this emboldens his core base, he knows it.  I mean you have people here claiming that statement isn't racist and they are doing the opposite of backing down or checking themselves.   

This article is over a year old, but Trump's still running the same playbook. This is from The Irish Times, so more of that "world respecting America again" thing.

Trial runs for fascism are in full flow

Just a snippet:

Fascism doesn’t arise suddenly in an existing democracy. It is not easy to get people to give up their ideas of freedom and civility. You have to do trial runs that, if they are done well, serve two purposes. They get people used to something they may initially recoil from; and they allow you to refine and calibrate. This is what is happening now and we would be fools not to see it.
These tweets today from Trump: These statements are treasonous in themselves yet will be smiled upon and spread like the propaganda it is.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

The Democrat Congresswomen have been spewing some of the most vile, hateful, and disgusting things ever said by a politician in the House or Senate, & yet they get a free pass and a big embrace from the Democrat Party. Horrible anti-Israel, anti-USA, pro-terrorist & public.....

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

.....shouting of the F...word, among many other terrible things, and the petrified Dems run for the hills. Why isn’t the House voting to rebuke the filthy and hate laced things they have said? Because they are the Radical Left, and the Democrats are afraid to take them on. Sad!

Trump is so frustrating because he’s crude and vulgar but so sensitive when his opponents are. He ran his campaign on the idea that America was totally broken but 3 years later anyone talking negatively about the country should leave. He’s such a hypocrite on top of everything else.

Trump is so frustrating because he’s crude and vulgar but so sensitive when his opponents are. He ran his campaign on the idea that America was totally broken but 3 years later anyone talking negatively about the country should leave. He’s such a hypocrite on top of everything else.
Dear Leader can say whatever he wants. You cannot say anything bad about Dear Leader.

It's the change we all wanted to see by having an outsider come in to DC.  :thumbup:

I sent a currently serving Republican member of Congress text message begging him to put Trump on blast. He responded with the date of his state's primary filing deadline plus one day. 

That is the Trump Republican Party in the most perfect, ####y nutshell.

- Tweet from Rick Wilson

PER a spox for Minority Whip Steve Scalise —> GOP leadership will formally be recommending a NO vote to their members on today’s resolution condemning Trump tweets

9:51 AM · Jul 16, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
And it should be on every ad against those members of the House...that they wouldn't even stand up to blatantly racist statements against members of congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread