What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These social media posts about "this will be Joe Biden's America" showing video literally from Trump's America. :lmao:  These people are inconceivably stupid and/or slimey.
Biden or Project Lincoln should run a counter ad...use almost the same video...just pointing out the fact that it is happening now under Trump's watch and his response to people being upset over police tactics...is to send in unidentified federal agents and round people up without question.

My daughters are freaking out about Trump’s thread to shut down TikTok. I told them not to worry. 
Same here...but only one of my daughters care.

I told her that the Chinese government has mandated that all companies there will do what they are told by the government.
If they are told to steal intellectual property...they'll do it....regardless of any promises that are made.
America cannot release apps in China...why can China release apps here?
It's called reciprocity. And if they won't allow it...they must have reason.

I assured her that China will be taken out of the equation and Tik Tok will go on.

It has happened before.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue with TikTok isn't China, its security. Is Trump making it about China? I mean, I think we all know its really about Sarah Cooper and kids punking him, but is he really using the China angle to rationalize his ban? Because there actually is a rational argument to be made for banning it based on it effectively being malware and it'd be pretty funny if he whiffed on that.

The issue with TikTok isn't China, its security. Is Trump making it about China? I mean, I think we all know its really about Sarah Cooper and kids punking him, but is he really using the China angle to rationalize his ban? Because there actually is a rational argument to be made for banning it based on it effectively being malware and it'd be pretty funny if he whiffed on that.
Trump is struggling to find footing for his campaign and needs an issue that he can point to.  That used to be the economy, but that's shot. He can't let the debate center  on the virus.  He's tried the "I'm tough on Russia" claim, but even his most ardent supporters have trouble swallowing that one.  That leaves gun control and "I'm tough on China". Not much going on in the "They're going to take your guns away" area, so all he can do is take the "Look, I shut down TikTok...see how tough I am on China" course.

Trump is struggling to find footing for his campaign and needs an issue that he can point to.  That used to be the economy, but that's shot. He can't let the debate center  on the virus.  He's tried the "I'm tough on Russia" claim, but even his most ardent supporters have trouble swallowing that one.  That leaves gun control and "I'm tough on China". Not much going on in the "They're going to take your guns away" area, so all he can do is take the "Look, I shut down TikTok...see how tough I am on China" course.
:goodposting:   That, and his ad-campaign for weeks has been "the Democrats and Joe Biden wish to defund the police and get your loved-ones killed".  They must have spent a billion dollars on the 911 goes to voice mail commercials.

Not shocking at all that Trump just makes things up, remember John Barron and John Miller?

But we've been waiting almost 4 years for a replacement to ACA, and now 2+ weeks since he said "We're signing a health care plan within two weeks. A full and complete health care plan, that the Supreme Court decision on DACA gave me the right to do"

His failure to implement an improvement to ACA is one of his biggest failures.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/128995271406830797

• Smile
Reactions: rct
Not shocking at all that Trump just makes things up, remember John Barron and John Miller?

But we've been waiting almost 4 years for a replacement to ACA, and now 2+ weeks since he said "We're signing a health care plan within two weeks. A full and complete health care plan, that the Supreme Court decision on DACA gave me the right to do"

I’m still waiting for this

“We will start," Obama said back in 2008, "by reducing premiums by as much as $2,500 per family”

:goodposting:   That, and his ad-campaign for weeks has been "the Democrats and Joe Biden wish to defund the police and get your loved-ones killed".  They must have spent a billion dollars on the 911 goes to voice mail commercials.
I think the footage that they are using of police/protest conflict that has happened during Trumps Presidency kind of lessens the impact of the message of doom and gloom if Biden wins. 

SoBeDad said:

He changes timelines in that clip

First he states two weeks (46 second mark) , then he says no one will have done  what he is going to do in the next four week, only to change it back to two weeks at the end of the clip

SoBeDad said:

If you believed that, then I have a terrific online real estate university that you should enroll in.

Trump now saying that either MSFT, ByteDance or Jina should give the US Treasury a large portion of the sale of TikTok. 

Do republicans believe in the free market anymore?  Governments picking winners or losers?  It's hard for me to keep up.
They(Trump supporters) also no longer care about corruption and unending corporate bailouts with no oversight.

They(Trump supporters) also no longer care about corruption and unending corporate bailouts with no oversight.
They don't care about anything unless he tells them too it appears.  My head spins with the course changes every 5 minutes

The Axios interview aired tonight on HBO (it's also posted on YouTube).

It was disgraceful and demoralizing and awful in every sense of the word. Trump told the interviewer, Jonathan Swan, that the Coronavirus was under control. An incredulous Swan pointed out that a thousand people a day are dying. Trump said, "It is what it is."

Trump was unable to pay even basic respect to John Lewis, instead he mentioned three or four times that John Lewis had not attended his inauguration. 

A trainwreck of an interview. 

The Axios interview aired tonight on HBO (it's also posted on YouTube).

It was disgraceful and demoralizing and awful in every sense of the word. Trump told the interviewer, Jonathan Swan, that the Coronavirus was under control. An incredulous Swan pointed out that a thousand people a day are dying. Trump said, "It is what it is."

Trump was unable to pay even basic respect to John Lewis, instead he mentioned three or four times that John Lewis had not attended his inauguration. 

A trainwreck of an interview. 
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1290497186489348096?s=21

WoW

.@jonathanvswan: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population. That’s where the U.S. is really bad. Much worse than South Korea, Germany, etc.”

@realdonaldtrump: “You can’t do that.”

Swan: “Why can’t I do that?”

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1290497186489348096?s=21
it seems to me that Trump is looking at CFR: the percentage of confirmed cases who die.  The US is actually doing OK with this.  We are fairing better than most other major countries, at 3.27% (based on stats from worldometer).  By comparison, Germany is 4.35%, UK is 15.15%, France is 15.84%, Italy is 14.17%.

If the numbers of deaths is related to number of infected (we are doing quite well) , and number infected is related to number of overall tests (we are 2nd in the world for total number of tests), then we actually are doing pretty well.

Can anyone spot the logical breakdown above?

=======

my armchair analysis says one of two things are happening:

1. trump has surrounded himself with people that only tell him what he wants to hear - someone framed this all up for him this way because if they framed it up any other way, they wouldn't be around any more.  Everyone is telling the naked emperor his new clothes are incredibly well tailored.

2. Trump twists logic himself - he makes the data to fit into his own logic which paints him in the best possible light, which obviously ignores how bad this really is.

it seems to me that Trump is looking at CFR: the percentage of confirmed cases who die.  The US is actually doing OK with this.  We are fairing better than most other major countries, at 3.27% (based on stats from worldometer).  By comparison, Germany is 4.35%, UK is 15.15%, France is 15.84%, Italy is 14.17%.

If the numbers of deaths is related to number of infected (we are doing quite well) , and number infected is related to number of overall tests (we are 2nd in the world for total number of tests), then we actually are doing pretty well.

Can anyone spot the logical breakdown above?

=======

my armchair analysis says one of two things are happening:

1. trump has surrounded himself with people that only tell him what he wants to hear - someone framed this all up for him this way because if they framed it up any other way, they wouldn't be around any more.  Everyone is telling the naked emperor his new clothes are incredibly well tailored.

2. Trump twists logic himself - he makes the data to fit into his own logic which paints him in the best possible light, which obviously ignores how bad this really is.
I think its both...he twists the logic...and he surrounds himself with yes men who agree or tell him he is right or what he wants to hear.  He has always been surrounded by such people which is why he thinks he is so smart and so many people agree with him.  Its all he has ever known.  And he has been told yes so much by such people that he thinks its all true.

And yes...those who don't tell him such things...he gets rid of and craps all over.  Loyalty and telling him he is right are the most important things to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread