What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that will probably end it, but I still think there ought to be an investigation.
I think you're right (in a later post) that congress won't be terribly motivated to act, but...IC won't all of a sudden shut up.  And, of course, there's Comey who was concerned enough about his ongoing investigation of Team Trump and Russia that he advised the CIA not to spill the beans to the president about Flynn.

And the hits just keep on coming.....

(CNN)Federal District Court Judge James Robart in Seattle denied a request from the Trump administration to postpone any further proceedings in his court over President Donald Trump's travel ban, while the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals considers whether to rehear the case before a larger panel of judges.

"I'm not prepared to slow this down," Robart said, ruling from the bench.

What this means is that the challenge to the travel ban by the states -- Washington and Minnesota -- will proceed the merits in front of Robart.

"I'm not persuaded that call for en banc review by one judge ... ought to interfere with moving this case forward, " Robart said.

As the government argued for postponement, the judge referenced Trump's tweet reacting to the 9th Circuit ruling saying he would "see you in court."

"I'm a little surprised since the President said he wanted 'to see you in court,'" Robart said, later adding, "Are you confident that's the argument you want to make?"

DOJ lawyer Michelle R. Bennett said: "Yes, your honor."

The Trump administration is reviewing its options, including rewriting or modifying the executive order.

The administration's request filed Monday reveals no new information regarding the White House's plans to possibly rewrite or modify the order.

Trump's order barred foreign nationals from Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Iraq and Yemen from entering the country for 90 days, all refugees for 120 days, and all refugees from Syria indefinitely.

:lmao: @ the bolded

Last edited by a moderator:
This administration is like a leaky sewer system.
It will continue to be.  When you have such opposition to an administration the insides of that stomach will start to leak.  The same happens on a small scale to every president, the bureaucracy does what it does.  There are a lot of smart people in government, to rid yourself of leaks you have to go all Idi Amin.  Trump definitely underestimated this part of the job, in private business you can track and crontrol leaks with money and threats.  Government is too big for that, some lousy GS-12 with good access can cause you a ton of trouble here. 

Does anyone know what # outrage we are on today?  

We should have some kind of OUTRAGE clock that keeps track of the outrages - kind of like the national debt clock.  That would be awesome!

I am not.  I'm completely worn out by the sheer # of daily outrages to stay on top of it.  I leave for 30 minutes and come back to find another 10 pages were added on to the thread.

Besides, when everything is an outrage then nothing is an outrage. :shrug:

I respect your posts commish so I'll ask if this is the one story where there is true outrage?  Because, to be fair, we've been told that EVERY issue regarding Trump is an outrage.

Comes in here every day to belittle us crazy liberals for all our "outrage" and "hysteria", and disappears like a coward the minute Flynn resigns.

Now getting back to Watergate, when Haldeman and Ehrlichman were forced to resign, that would have ended the matter right then except Congress had a committee determined to figure out how much the President knew. A special prosecutor was created who demanded that Nixon turn over his tapes from the Oval Office.

In this case, there are unlikely to be any House Committee. So it's going to be up to journalists to come up with some way to connect this to Trump. Otherwise, I think this story ends right here.

Now getting back to Watergate, when Haldeman and Ehrlichman were forced to resign, that would have ended the matter right then except Congress had a committee determined to figure out how much the President knew. A special prosecutor was created who demanded that Nixon turn over his tapes from the Oval Office.

In this case, there are unlikely to be any House Committee. So it's going to be up to journalists to come up with some way to connect this to Trump. Otherwise, I think this story ends right here.
I mean, every journalist covering the WH is going to be looking at this like the golden ticket. If it's out there they'll uncover it. 

It will continue to be.  When you have such opposition to an administration the insides of that stomach will start to leak.  The same happens on a small scale to every president, the bureaucracy does what it does.  There are a lot of smart people in government, to rid yourself of leaks you have to go all Idi Amin.  Trump definitely underestimated this part of the job, in private business you can track and crontrol leaks with money and threats.  Government is too big for that, some lousy GS-12 with good access can cause you a ton of trouble here. 
In government a lot of people have their own agenda and it is much harder to align everyone with the same goals and strategies.

It'll continue if the FBI investigation continues, finds anything, and makes it public. I have a hard time believing that they'd find something and keep it quiet successfully.

Will be very interesting to see how the administration plays this.

I mean this was their guy, kind of hard to blame the media, a judge, or a department store on this one.

But I'm sure they'll figure something out.

The intelligence community that Trump chastised?  It's one thing to war with the press.  It's another to war with the intelligence community.
This got as big as it did because of the press.  He can fight them as much as he wants, but he's now starting to realize that it doesn't matter how much he tries to suppress them.  I hope those media folks are throwing a big ### party tonight.

In government a lot of people have their own agenda and it is much harder to align everyone with the same goals and strategies.
In private enterprise there are no politics, at least very little to the average worker.  In government everyone is impacted by the administration, that's the difference.  Has nothing to do with agendas, in government you roll with the punches as you do anywhere else.  Unless the administration is unruly and inept, then you will pay. 

Mr. Flynn, who served in the job for less than a month, stepped down after days of reports that he had spoken to the ambassador in late December about American sanctions against Russia, weeks before Mr. Trump’s inauguration. Mr. Flynn previously had denied that he had any substantive conversations with Ambassador Sergey I. Kislyak, and Mr. Pence repeated that claim in television as recently as earlier this month.

But on Monday, a former administration official said the Justice Department last month warned the White House that Mr. Flynn had not been fully forthright about his conversations with the ambassador. As a result, the Justice Department feared that Mr. Flynn could be vulnerable to blackmail by Moscow.

Officials said Mr. Pence has told others in the White House that he believes Mr. Flynn lied to him by saying he had not discussed the topic of sanctions on a call with the Russian ambassador in late December. Even the mere discussion of policy — and the apparent attempt to assuage the concerns of an American adversary before Mr. Trump took office — represents a remarkable breach of protocol.

The F.B.I. has been examining Mr. Flynn’s phone calls as he has come under growing questions about his interactions with Russian officials and his management of the National Security Council. The blackmail risk envisioned by the Justice Department would stem directly from Mr. Flynn’s attempt to cover his tracks with his bosses. The Russians knew what had been said on the call; thus, if they wanted Mr. Flynn to do something, they could threaten to expose the lie if he refused.

The Justice Department’s warning to the White House was first reported on Monday night by The Washington Post.
Good job, press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread