Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

• Replies 141.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SaintsInDome2006

• Henry Ford

• packersfan

• timschochet

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't know for a while, but my final chemo treatment was a week and a half ago, the side effects are subsiding, and I feel better than I have in a long time. Thanks for asking.

So that whole, "I bet you wimps would never challenge big, bad Donald physically" stuff got me thinking last night. I sincerely believe that I could defeat an entire gauntlet of all living Presid

You kidding?  For those on the right, the past 8 years the supporters have been focused almost totally on how much the democrats were the enemy.  It was on fox news, on talk radio, on the breitbart an

2 hours ago, packersfan said:

I can't tell if you agree or disagree with what I said. 

I think I typically agree with you and doubt I was being sarcastic towards you, so let's go with that.  Thanks to the elimination of nested quotes I don't want to hunt for what you said. :)

17 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

I don't think it's his style to be direct. 

Even when he's blowing smoke, it's never like HE IS THE ONE saying it. "You know, a lot of people say..." "I don't know if it is or it isn't, but we should look into that..."

Anyone ever had this experience with a client?

• unbelievably rude and aggressive in email messages
  • reasonable over the phone when discussing the issue
  • as sweet your grandmother in person

President Trump reminds me of one of those people

Yes. We have a woman who's been very successful in business who is wonderful to be around, reasonable on the phone, insufferably direct and rude via email. 

9 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Reed Irvine? You serious, Clark?

Hey speaking of AIM, you know what else is funny to look back on?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Mozote_massacre?wprov=sfsi1

I was just giving a link to show the Bush charges of soviet connection to Clinton, not to prove anything. Thought this link was funny, I don't know the Reed fellow, never heard of him.

20 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

I don't think it's his style to be direct. 

Even when he's blowing smoke, it's never like HE IS THE ONE saying it. "You know, a lot of people say..." "I don't know if it is or it isn't, but we should look into that..."

Anyone ever had this experience with a client?

• unbelievably rude and aggressive in email messages
  • reasonable over the phone when discussing the issue
  • as sweet your grandmother in person

President Trump reminds me of one of those people

I can think of someone who fits this exact description.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, bagger said:

It seems like the VIX is abnormally calm during all of this but I feel it's more like a riptide, seems calm at the surface but you have a very good chance at being drug under and drown if you are not careful.

Realized volatility at the top level is quite low:

SPX hasn't had a 1% move in 47 trading days

That is unusual under any circumstances. In a period where so much economic policy in question (tax policy, trade policy, etc.) and there is this political/national security drama flaring up, I'd say it is down right weird.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Not gonna lie, I really thought all this winning would feel different

Yeah...the reality is setting in.  Watching Trump today with Netanyahu was a huge buzzkill, and letting some of the implications of all this set in is really sobering.  I need a drink.

Just now, Reg Lllama of Brixton said:

Flip through that and gimme exactly 9 bullet points

How about just one:

Doorman:

[Supervisor] told me that if a black person came to 2650 Ocean Parkway and inquired about an apartment for rent, and he, that is [redacted] was not there at the time, that I should tell him that the rent was twice as much as it really was, in order that he could not afford the apartment.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

Trump's policy stances are broadly inflationary and will have the tendency to push up rates. Whether it is the proposal to do a massive infrastructure spending program (financed with, of course, more debt) or his protectionist instincts, both have the tendency to lead to higher inflation and higher interest rates.

The fact the GOP congressional delegation is pushing this stupid border tax adjustment is also pushing up inflation expectations.

And yeah, the US economic outlook has improved over the last 3-4 months. So too for Europe's.

So inflation expectations have spiked since the election and the yield curve has steepened. A steeper yield curve is a boon to anybody in the lending business.

Yield Curve Steepened Dramatically following Trump's Election

The prospect of financial deregulation is also helping, for sure.

Deregulation and a steeper yield curve....If I had to guess, only the former will be realized.  

8 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

The FBI FOIA site has released 400 pages of documents from the Trump racism in housing investigation 1972-1974.

Yeah...he's really picking some bad fights.  

I get it, you are in prison and you find the biggest and baddest guy and beat him up.  

But Trump is taking on 3 gangs all at once.  They are going to go scorched earth on him now.

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

The rally...obviously he can't stand his approval numbers being low.  So rally...then he can say "see...look how many people love me, great crowd thatbthe media won't tell you about "

Sure will be funny when it's half protesters.  

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

The rally...obviously he can't stand his approval numbers being low.  So rally...then he can say "see...look how many people love me, great crowd thatbthe media won't tell you about "

"See, they're all telling me I'm #1"

Edited by Rockchild
Spelling
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Dunno, Don. President Andrew Johnson was impeached for incompetence, does that count?

To which the answer is:  Yes, we’ve done it before to a another populist, racist dude you have a portrait of over your right shoulder

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Are you allowed to impeach a president for gross incompetence?

3:23 AM - 4 Jun 2014

Dunno, Don. President Andrew Johnson was impeached for incompetence, does that count?

You know, from tweets, it seems like Donald Trump wouldn't be a very big fan of President Donald Trump.

• Like 3
When in doubt, take it to the dopes;

President Trump is getting back on the campaign trail.

Trump will appear at a rally in Melbourne, Fla., on Saturday. The event details were posted to his website, and Trump later tweeted the news.

Campaign rally 3 weeks in!  Winning!
  • Like 2
Just now, Chemical X said:

Trump will appear at a rally in Melbourne, Fla., on Saturday. The event details were posted to his website, and Trump later tweeted the news.

He probably needs to remind himself that he still has supporters 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

Prime Minister Turnbull isn't going to like the location

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Inside of 12 years.  No debt.  $500,000 house paid off.  1.5 million in mostly stocks, 90%, all in a 401 and a 457. $100,000 in a Roth.  Owner of a quarter section (160 acres) dairy farm in Wisconsin being eyed by Commercial developers, its the first property off of an Interstate exit. A small pension, $168 per month for my lifetime and the lifetime of any extant life I designate before death, right now a 14 year old.

I would short Borscht  and Vodka.... you can't go wrong!! 

So, what exactly is this rally supposed to achieve?  (I mean....other than keeping him out of the Oval for another weekend on our dime).

He's seriously going to go "campaign" again, or something?  He may want to think about staying in town and minding the store on a Saturday shift for a change, given all that's been going down, but what do I know?

(It's also a nice touch that he pretty much chose the butthole of the Space Coast for his little get together.  Guessing Brevard must've been pretty heavy duty in the Trump camp last Nov?)

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
1 minute ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

So, what exactly is this rally supposed to achieve?  (I mean....other than keeping him out of the Oval for another weekend on our dime).

He's seriously going to go "campaign" again, or something?  He may want to think about staying in town and minding the store on a Saturday shift for a change, given all that's been going down, but what do I know?

It's his version of a "fireside chat". I'm stoked.

• Clayton Gray changed the title to The Trump Years- Trump Jr. might have accidentally treasoned. Maybe.
  • Joe Bryant locked this topic