What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it helps you any I got in a heated argument Saturday night with my liberal family about how I don't care if Trump plays golf.  I didn't care when Obama or Bush did either, but depending on what side of the aisle you fall on it always seems like an easy criticism.
I don't care...but it's fair game to hit Trump for it based on his comments about Obama.

CIA officer Edwards Price resigns

It's behind a paywall sadly.

Here's a quote..

...Edward Price worked at the CIA from 2006 until this month, most recently as the spokesman for the National Security Council.

Nearly 15 years ago, I informed my skeptical father that I was pursuing a job with the Central Intelligence Agency. Among his many concerns was that others would never believe I had resigned from the agency when I sought my next job. “Once CIA, always CIA,” he said. But that didn’t give me pause. This wouldn’t be just my first real job, I thought then; it would be my career.

That changed when I formally resigned last week. Despite working proudly for Republican and Democratic presidents, I reluctantly concluded that I cannot in good faith serve this administration as an intelligence professional.

The final straw came late last month, when the White House issued a directive reorganizing the National Security Council, on whose staff I served from 2014 until earlier this year. Missing from the NSC’s principals committee were the CIA director and the director of national intelligence. Added to the roster: the president’s chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, who cut his teeth as a media champion of white nationalism.

The public outcry led the administration to reverse course and name the CIA director an NSC principal, but the White House’s inclination was clear. It has little need for intelligence professionals who, in speaking truth to power, might challenge the so-called “America First” orthodoxy that sees Russia as an ally and Australia as a punching bag. That’s why the president’s trusted White House advisers, not career professionals, reportedly have final say over what intelligence reaches his desk.

... As intelligence professionals, we’re taught to tune out politics. The river separating CIA headquarters in Langley, Va., from Washington might as well be a political moat. But this administration has flipped that dynamic on its head: The politicians are the ones tuning out the intelligence professionals.

- I'm not kidding when I say Trump needs to be impeached.

This is a crisis. - I can only think this happened because what Harward said, that the administration would not let him influence the NSC makeup and information flow to reflect norms, was true. - We are in a bad place.

Last edited by a moderator:
McMasters sounds like an excellent choice. 
Former congressman and former head of the DCCC Steve Israel, who had been heavily involved in national security issues throughout his tenure in Congress, had exceptionally high praise for him. Knowing Steve, that's enough for me. Good to as the right person in the position. 

Stockholm, Scandinavian setting
And the city don't know that the city is getting
The creme de la creme of the checkers world in a
Show with everything but Ann-Margret

Time flies doesn't seem a minute
Since the Nordic spa had the Trump boys in it
All change don't you know that when you
Lie at this level there's no ordinary venue

It's DC or Mar-a-Lago or Bowling Green or
or this place!

One night in Sweden and the poll's your oyster
The bars are temples but the #### ain't free
You'll find attacks in every golden cloister
And if you're lucky then the claims are real
I can feel a Donald trying to cop a feel

One town's very like another
If your lips are moving when you're reading, brother

It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really not so winning
To be looking at the words, not looking at the meaning

Whaddya mean? Ya seen one terrorized, muslim-infested town

Pee, girls, warm, sweet
Some are set up in the Vlad Putin suite

Get Swede! You're talking to a tourist
Who has no moves among the purest
I get my piss below the hairline, sunshine

One night in Sweden makes an ####### humble
Not much between the lies and fantasy
One night in Sweden and the bull####s tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel Steve Bannon walking next to me

Sweden's gonna be the witness
To the ultimate test of mental unfitness
This grips me more than would a
coal-muddied river or reclining Ivanka

And thank God Steve's watching the game controlling it

I can see the press hated
The kind of win I orchestrated
I'd let you watch, I would invite you
But my overwhelming win did not excite you

So you better go back to your puppets, your newsrooms, your fake news

One night in Sweden and the poll's your oyster
The bombs are bull#### and the #### ain't free
You'll find a hottie who makes Donny moister
A little mess, make up some history
I can feel a Donald trying to drink my pee

One night in Sweden makes an ####### humble
Not much between the lies and fantasy
One night in Sweden and the bull####s tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel Steve Bannon walking next to me

What does it matter?  Are you really concerned that Trump is not doing enough?
It matters because all we heard about Obama was about the time spent playing golf.  Trump now has spent more time in a month than Obama did in a year, yet those of your ilk are cool with that. Yeah and his travel ban had to be scraped, his NSA choice had to resign, his staff contacted Russian agents during the campaign and the wall appears to be prohibitively expense, yeah that is winning alright. :lol:

It matters because all we heard about Obama was about the time spent playing golf.  Trump now has spent more time in a month than Obama did in a year, yet those of your ilk are cool with that. Yeah and his travel ban had to be scraped, his NSA choice had to resign, his staff contacted Russian agents during the campaign and the wall appears to be prohibitively expense, yeah that is winning alright. :lol:
:lmao:

:thumbup: so you got nothing.  

- I'm not kidding when I say Trump needs to be impeached.

This is a crisis. - I can only think this happened because what Harward said, that the administration would not let him influence the NSC makeup and information flow to reflect norms, was true. - We are in a bad place.
I thought it was because Trump promised to keep some of the staff that Flynn brought with him.  For example, he announced Kellogg is staying on instead of following Flynn out the door.

At this pace it will take 30 years to pass Obama.  This type of critism just strengthens the fake media narrative.  
That's not true. What does it have to do with the media? Are there actual major media outlets pushing a Trump golf story? I've seen tweets about it but  not actual news stories, just offhand jokes. 

For years the popular myth surrounding the Vietnam War was that the Joint Chiefs of Staff knew what it would take to win but were consistently thwarted or ignored by the politicians in power. Now H. R. McMaster shatters this and other misconceptions about the military and Vietnam in Dereliction of Duty. Himself a West Point graduate, McMaster painstakingly waded through every memo and report concerning Vietnam from every meeting of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to build a comprehensive picture of a house divided against itself: a president and his coterie of advisors obsessed with keeping Vietnam from becoming a political issue versus the Joint Chiefs themselves, mired in interservice rivalries and unable to reach any unified goals or conclusions about the country's conduct in the war.

McMaster stresses two elements in his discussion of America's failure in Vietnam: the hubris of Johnson and his advisors and the weakness of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Dereliction of Duty provides both a thorough exploration of the military's role in determining Vietnam policy and a telling portrait of the men most responsible.
Thank you.

At this pace it will take 30 years to pass Obama.  This type of critism just strengthens the fake media narrative.  
Obama was in office for 2920 days.

He played 306 rounds of golf in that time.

Thats 1 round every 9.5 days.

Trump has been in office 31 days.

He's played golf at least 5 times.

That's once every 6.2 days.

At that pace Trump will catch him in just over 5 years.  

so you got nothing.  
Tim is right, you are just like Max T. You claim that you didn't vote for Trump and disliked both candidates equally but you spend every day defending him and everything he does, while attacking his critics in this forum. You aren't fooling anyone.

That's not true. What does it have to do with the media? Are there actual major media outlets pushing a Trump golf story? I've seen tweets about it but  not actual news stories, just offhand jokes. 
I just go by what is posted here.  I don't pay much attention to the media.  I see lots of chatter here, I figure someone is making this a story.  

Sorry to raise this, seriously, but I'm backing Dr. Detroit - do you have some 'normal' handle you could revert to? It doesn't seem like much of an ask. Thanks.
I consider this more my account now because 99% of the posts since 2010 were from me.  finless only posted a few times while I wasn't looking to troll me.

Tim is right, you are just like Max T. You claim that you didn't vote for Trump and disliked both candidates equally but you spend every day defending him and everything he does, while attacking his critics in this forum. You aren't fooling anyone.
I did dislike Hillary more.  But find Trump more dangerous with his foreign policy.  Neither one merited my vote.  I am all for legitimate criticism.  Like his pick of Flynn was horrible.  My comment was geared more towards you and your Sargent Schultz defense of Hillary. 

So he`s making America great AND playing golf...multitasking like a pro  , yo

Obama played most of his golf at Andrews, minutes from the White House requiring no extra security measures, and often did it as effectively meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread