What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (4 Viewers)

If it happened on the Kick return that another good reason to fire Shurm the Worm 
Shurmur

"The feeling from upstairs, inside the building, is that the Giants want to find reasons to keep Pat Shurmur as the head coach, rather than look for evidence to part ways with him after only two years."

....trying to find reasons....time to move on from this guy.

Shurmur is 17-43 as a head coach in the NFL and 7-20 with the Giants.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say it but I really don't want the Giants to win another game this season.

Getting the top top 1 or 2 pick this year would be huge

Giants Dline would be crazy with with Dexter Lawrence in the middle and  Leonard Williams and Chase Young on the ends. That would make Golden and Carter much better

To be able to trade back a spot or 2 to a QB desperate team like the Bengals or Dolphins and still be able to grab Young would be ideal 

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/28/new-york-giants-will-continue-rotating-deandre-baker-sam-beal/

https://nypost.com/2019/11/27/behind-giants-unusual-plan-to-fix-deandre-baker/

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/giants-packers-julian-love-sam-beal-1.39019779

Very interesting... so they are rotating Beal and Baker, Baker played 63% of the snaps to Beal's 27% and Baker had his highest PFF grade of the season last game. Ballentine is the slot CB and Love (jack of all trades) will start for Peppers and rotate at CB. So it took awhile but all the secondary we imagined at the draft of Beal/Baker/Ballentine/Love is finally on the field at the same time.

I hate to say it but I really don't want the Giants to win another game this season.

Getting the top top 1 or 2 pick this year would be huge

Giants Dline would be crazy with with Dexter Lawrence in the middle and  Leonard Williams and Chase Young on the ends. That would make Golden and Carter much better

To be able to trade back a spot or 2 to a QB desperate team like the Bengals or Dolphins and still be able to grab Young would be ideal 
Yep, you pair a dominant pass rusher like Young and that'll give a huge boost to the young secondary. I would hope they also go back to a 4-3 full time.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/28/new-york-giants-will-continue-rotating-deandre-baker-sam-beal/

https://nypost.com/2019/11/27/behind-giants-unusual-plan-to-fix-deandre-baker/

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/giants-packers-julian-love-sam-beal-1.39019779

Very interesting... so they are rotating Beal and Baker, Baker played 63% of the snaps to Beal's 27% and Baker had his highest PFF grade of the season last game. Ballentine is the slot CB and Love (jack of all trades) will start for Peppers and rotate at CB. So it took awhile but all the secondary we imagined at the draft of Beal/Baker/Ballentine/Love is finally on the field at the same time.

Yep, you pair a dominant pass rusher like Young and that'll give a huge boost to the young secondary. I would hope they also go back to a 4-3 full time.
Agree 100% ... they would have great personnel for a 4-3 if they land Young and their Linebacker woes would be  a lot less worrisome

Little worried about Love at SS ... he's a little small about 20 lbs less than Peppers

Bengals win - check

Dolphins win - check (this was really nice. Suck it Eagles.)

Redskins win - check

#raceforChase
looking real good ... if we lose to skins and phins we will be locked into 2nd or better depending on bengals. As long as the Bengals dont screw us we are in the Chase driver seat

I actually think the giants are a much better team than it appears.  5 Rookies starting on D right now Love, Ballentine, Baker, Lawrence and Beal (rookie MLB on IR). Rookie QB and WR on offense. Add Young and an OT/C in the draft and an ILB and another OT/C in Free Agency and this team will  in good shape 

I actually think the giants are a much better team than it appears.  5 Rookies starting on D right now Love, Ballentine, Baker, Lawrence and Beal (rookie MLB on IR). Rookie QB and WR on offense. Add Young and an OT/C in the draft and an ILB and another OT/C in Free Agency and this team will  in good shape 
There's definitely a lot of potential if they can fix the pass rush and get Young. That'll improve the coverage, which has a lot of talented guys. Daniel Jones is starting to look better also and he's making more complex reads too; a full training camp will do him wonders. Get a better coverage LB and another good OL in the draft and I'm happy.

Eli Manning may start week 14.   

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
Daniel Jones in a boot + has moderate high ankle sprain, per Pat Shurmur. He couldn’t play if Giants had game today. Shurmur compared it to what Saquon Barkley had, slightly less severe. Barkley missed three games. So get ready for the return of Eli Manning on Monday vs Eagles.

In a cruel twist to Giants season: Strong chance TE Evan Engram (foot) and WR Golden Tate (concussion) return Monday, giving Giants all their healthy weapons for first time this season. ... Only Jones likes won’t get to work with them.

Latest on Matt Rhule

......"While numerous teams will be chasing Rhule this offseason, will the feeling be mutual? Does he already have a preference for where he would like to coach in 2020? As noted earlier, Pauline’s sources have told him that if the Giants head coaching job opens up, he’s interested in the position. However, Allbright reports that Rhule would want near-total authority. Would Giants general manager Dave Gettleman be willing to concede power to Rhule?"......

I'm sorry but how does "we're starting a bunch of day two and three picks" mean the team is much better than it appears?  To me that signifies everything has gone horribly wrong.

If only the bolded were that simple! How many high-quality OT are typically available outside of the 1st round of the draft? (I’m assuming Chase Young is going to be the 1st round pick.)

Who are the high-quality OT that are going to be free agents? Do we trust Getty to sign the right free agents?

If only the bolded were that simple! How many high-quality OT are typically available outside of the 1st round of the draft? (I’m assuming Chase Young is going to be the 1st round pick.)

Who are the high-quality OT that are going to be free agents? Do we trust Getty to sign the right free agents?
I'd look hard at Tyler Biadasz, Center from Wisconsin, if he's available with our 2nd pick.    We have a lot of cap space coming next year but NO I don't trust him to make the right signings, he hasn't shown that he can.

Janoris Jenkins released.  

@KimJonesSports
·
47s
Shurmur via #NYG on Jenkins: “From ownership to mgmt to football operations, we felt it was in the best interests of the franchise & the player. Obviously, what happened this week, & the refusal to acknowledge the inappropriate & offensive language, was the determining factor.”

Janoris Jenkins released.  

@KimJonesSports
·
47s
Shurmur via #NYG on Jenkins: “From ownership to mgmt to football operations, we felt it was in the best interests of the franchise & the player. Obviously, what happened this week, & the refusal to acknowledge the inappropriate & offensive language, was the determining factor.”
How long before Jenkins signs with a playoff team? Before Sunday?

I'd look hard at Tyler Biadasz, Center from Wisconsin, if he's available with our 2nd pick.    We have a lot of cap space coming next year but NO I don't trust him to make the right signings, he hasn't shown that he can.
1st rd - Chase Young  

2nd rd - Biadasz who is supposed to be an animal and I actually think we are worse off at Center than tackle ...we've got absolutely nothing right now.  If they have to trade up up into bottom of the 1st round to get him it may be worth it.

FA - OT (Castonzo) or I'd prefer Scherff who is a Guard but played OT in College. He is an animal who I wanted the Giants to Draft and might be better option than Solder at LT for a year or 2 before moving back to Guard. I'm a little worried about Hernandez. He's been a huge disappointment this year ... Physically he's great but seems to be a bonehead when it comes to his assignments.

FA - ILB Corey Littleton - https://twitter.com/PFF_Rams/status/1203034499589607429  or ILB Joe Schobert 

FA - S  - Justin Simmons. Anthonty Harris,  or   HaHa Clinton-Dix

I'm sorry but how does "we're starting a bunch of day two and three picks" mean the team is much better than it appears?  To me that signifies everything has gone horribly wrong.
Well maybe because half the players on that list were day 1 picks and add Leonard Williams another day 1 pick   And because where you're picked has nothing to do with the rest of your career.

Love was projected to go much higher than he did and has been better than the other DBs that went higher than him. Slayton has been one of the best rookie WRs in the league, 

Well maybe because half the players on that list were day 1 picks and add Leonard Williams another day 1 pick   And because where you're picked has nothing to do with the rest of your career.

Love was projected to go much higher than he did and has been better than the other DBs that went higher than him. Slayton has been one of the best rookie WRs in the league, 
Leonard Williams is trrraaassshhhh.

Slayton was forced into the wr1 role by injuries to the two players ahead of him, which goes back to my everything has gone wrong argument.  Not saying he's done bad, he's in the cluster of top rookie wrs but none of those rookie wrs have particularly stood out from the 50 catch 500 yard grouping.

I feel like without any of the coaching staff being capable of handling a highschool team there's just nothing promising here.  Maybe we'll see next year if Jones can be salvaged into someone who can protect the ball from a pass rush or if Beal can put in something close to effort.

Is Jenkins actually good at this point though? How much would he really add to one of those teams? 
Jenkins was pretty bad, he wasn't going to be resigned anyway. Maybe he gets a new team bump where he doesn't have to cover #1 WRs anymore but keep in mind he wasn't doing that on the Giants much anyway (Baker and Beal rotated). He'd have to go to a playoff team with a strong secondary core already.

Is Jenkins actually good at this point though? How much would he really add to one of those teams? 
Heck yeah he is still good enough. He was terrible against Mike Evans but has been decent NOT GREAT but decent since then.

He isn’t worth the money he was getting but once he clears waivers teams won’t have to worry about the money.

His PFF grade (for what it’s worth) is 64.4 – which is better than either of the starting CB’s for the Vikings

Trae Waynes 60.1

Xavier Rhodes 48.0

Heck yeah he is still good enough. He was terrible against Mike Evans but has been decent NOT GREAT but decent since then.

He isn’t worth the money he was getting but once he clears waivers teams won’t have to worry about the money.

His PFF grade (for what it’s worth) is 64.4 – which is better than either of the starting CB’s for the Vikings

Trae Waynes 60.1

Xavier Rhodes 48.0
Rhodes  is terrible though... and remember, he's D'ing up the best WR only half the time, he has been for several weeks.

So...four rookies in the secondary today (Baker, Beal, Love, Ballentine - if cleared) and old man Bethea.    

What could go wrong?
Hopefully they play good today show improvement and we lose the game. Winning today would be bad.

ideally i would like t o see the Giants lose the next 2 games while showing improvement and then kick the #### out of Philly in the final game of the season to knock them out of the playoffs.

Hopefully they play good today show improvement and we lose the game. Winning today would be bad.

ideally i would like t o see the Giants lose the next 2 games while showing improvement and then kick the #### out of Philly in the final game of the season to knock them out of the playoffs.
NO. After last week's debacle Giants need to win Eli's last game, then lose next week then beat Philly.

Ryan Dunleavy
@rydunleavy
·
2m
#Giants turning Wayne Gallman into a healthy scratch is perplexing. So much other big-picture stuff going on with this team, it's gone under the radar. Gallman can play in this league.

Giants inactives: QB Daniel Jones (ankle), TEs Rhett Ellison (concussion) and Evan Engram (foot), RG Kevin Zeitler (ankle). Healthy scratches: G Chad Slade, RB Wayne Gallman.

Ryan Dunleavy
@rydunleavy
·
2m
#Giants turning Wayne Gallman into a healthy scratch is perplexing. So much other big-picture stuff going on with this team, it's gone under the radar. Gallman can play in this league.

Giants inactives: QB Daniel Jones (ankle), TEs Rhett Ellison (concussion) and Evan Engram (foot), RG Kevin Zeitler (ankle). Healthy scratches: G Chad Slade, RB Wayne Gallman.
I'm glad I didn't give up a second for Gallman as demanded by his owner (I have Saquon).  I really don't believe in Gallman's talent. He had one good game against a horrible Redskins rush D.  He's a JAG who will likely be replaced with another JAG drafted in 4th or 5th round next year.

I'm glad I didn't give up a second for Gallman as demanded by his owner (I have Saquon).  I really don't believe in Gallman's talent. He had one good game against a horrible Redskins rush D.  He's a JAG who will likely be replaced with another JAG drafted in 4th or 5th round next year.
Gallman is a solid back up who the Giants probably should use a little more, especially in a lost season, to prevent wear on Barkley. Gallman does have a career YPC of 4.0.

NO. After last week's debacle Giants need to win Eli's last game, then lose next week then beat Philly.
If the Giants win another game this year it's extremely unlikely they will get a chance at Chase ... Now unfortunately I would rather root for the eagles to beat the Giants than lose the #2 pick.

This was a nice win ... The Youngsters showed great improvement and they looked better without Jackazz Rabbit!!  

Giants are still in the 2 hole but it would be a disaster ti win another game!

monk said:
If the Giants win another game this year it's extremely unlikely they will get a chance at Chase ... Now unfortunately I would rather root for the eagles to beat the Giants than lose the #2 pick.

This was a nice win ... The Youngsters showed great improvement and they looked better without Jackazz Rabbit!!  

Giants are still in the 2 hole but it would be a disaster ti win another game!
Giants pick #1-#3 (#3 unlikely) at 3-13.
Giants pick #2-#5 at 4-12.
Giants pick #2-#8 at 5-11

Saquon Barkley got two and Buck Allen got the last one. It’s been more than eight years since the Giants rushed for three touchdowns in a game. The last time it happened was Oct. 16, 2011, when Ahmad Bradshaw ran for all three – all on 1-yard runs – in a 27-24 victory over the Bills.

Eli's farewell

Shocking.  8 years.....

Saquon Barkley got two and Buck Allen got the last one. It’s been more than eight years since the Giants rushed for three touchdowns in a game. The last time it happened was Oct. 16, 2011, when Ahmad Bradshaw ran for all three – all on 1-yard runs – in a 27-24 victory over the Bills.

Eli's farewell

Shocking.  8 years.....
You think they sit Eli now to keep him at .500?  

Evan Engram to the IR.

Another stellar 1st first round pick from Jerry Reese.....

2015: Ereck Flowers

2016: Eli Apple

2017:  Evan Engram

Field Yates
@FieldYates
·
39s
Total snaps the Giants will have Saquon Barkley, Daniel Jones, Evan Engram, Sterling Shepard, Golden Tate and Darius Slayton on the field at the same time this season: zero. That’s a bummer.

Link added: How Eli conquered NY

Eli Manning always drank beer on the team bus. It was a Broadway Joe kind of thing to do, and a fact that might run counter to an image Manning spent absolutely no time crafting. But win, lose or draw, Manning would find someone on the road to buy him a six-pack or 12-pack that he would carry to the back of the bus, on ice, and share with some veterans as they discussed the game on the ride to the airport.

Even then, Manning’s consistency stunned his New York Giants teammates. “It was unbelievable,” said Lawrence Tynes, the kicker who won two championships with the quarterback. “He had a guy in every f—ing stadium in the league to get him that beer.” (via ESPN)

Looks like we will miss the Chase Young sweepstakes.  

- Need Wash to beat Dallas AND Det to beat GB +  a loss to the Eagles to move up to #2.  Doubtful.   

Best part of the year, at least recently,  coming up for Giant fans.  Appears we will be picking #4 or #5.

-  Thought Okudah (CB OSU) and Simmons (LB/S from Clemson) looked really good last night.    

-   Jeudy will be there, not sure we are in position to draft a #1 WR that high with holes on the OL and D.

-  Need to finish ahead of Miami, in case there is a team that falls in love with Tua, perhaps a trade back for additional picks (but I understand that is not Gettleman's MO).

Hearing Shurmur will be fired,  Gettleman's status still unclear.

Users who are viewing this thread