What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 New York football Giants (6 Viewers)

Poor man's Joka ... but doesnt have the strength or hard cut ability. Gives us 3 small slots with similar skill sets. This guy gets ragdolled often at the college level ...he is going to be abused by NFL defenders. A bad pick considering the WRs on the board and a disaster of a pick when you consider all positions avialble.  After picks 1 and 2 which were an A+ ...  I'd give the Giants a generous D for picks 3-11

My Draft ... and like last year (when my picks were better than Gettleman)  I challenge anyone to tell me that this is not a better draft than Schoenes

1. Rd 1 Pick  5 - Thibodeaux - Edge 
  2. Rd 1 Pick 7 - Cross - T  (Though I love the Neal pick) 
  3. Rd 2 Pick 42 - Jaquan Brisker - S
  4. Rd 3 Pick 67 -  Nakobe Dean - LB 
  5. Rd 3 Pick 81 - Sean Rhyan - OG 
  6. Rd 4 Pick 112 - Bellinger TE 
  7. Rd 4 Pick 114 - Darrian Kinnard G 
  8. Rd 5 Pick 146 - Khalil Shakir WR
  9. Rd 5 Pick 147 - Tariq Woolen CB 
  10. Rd 5 Pick 173 - Kyren Williams RB
  11. Rd 6 Pick - 182 - Carson Strong QB (Why Not?) 

My Draft ... and like last year (when my picks were better than Gettleman)  I challenge anyone to tell me that this is not a better draft than Schoenes

1. Rd 1 Pick  5 - Thibodeaux - Edge 
  2. Rd 1 Pick 7 - Cross - T  (Though I love the Neal pick) 
  3. Rd 2 Pick 42 - Jaquan Brisker - S
  4. Rd 3 Pick 67 -  Nakobe Dean - LB 
  5. Rd 3 Pick 81 - Sean Rhyan - OG 
  6. Rd 4 Pick 112 - Bellinger TE 
  7. Rd 4 Pick 114 - Darrian Kinnard G 
  8. Rd 5 Pick 146 - Khalil Shakir WR
  9. Rd 5 Pick 147 - Tariq Woolen CB 
  10. Rd 5 Pick 173 - Kyren Williams RB
  11. Rd 6 Pick - 182 - Carson Strong QB (Why Not?) 
i'm lazy, who were your picks last year?    

edit:  actually, i don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
link

"Joe Schoen put his stamp on a Giants’ draft class, and now he will do the same with the scouting department. 

The Giants fired director of college scouting Chris Pettit and senior personnel executive Kyle O’Brien, The Post confirmed, as Schoen began to deliver Monday on the big changes advertised when he was hired as general manager. The shake-up came only two days after wrapping up the 2022 draft, when Pettit and O’Brien were seated side-by-side with other key influencers in the second row of the war room....."

link

"Joe Schoen put his stamp on a Giants’ draft class, and now he will do the same with the scouting department. 

The Giants fired director of college scouting Chris Pettit and senior personnel executive Kyle O’Brien, The Post confirmed, as Schoen began to deliver Monday on the big changes advertised when he was hired as general manager. The shake-up came only two days after wrapping up the 2022 draft, when Pettit and O’Brien were seated side-by-side with other key influencers in the second row of the war room....."
Kind of backups what I've been saying about the Giants draft ... It's a shame that Schoen waited until after the draft to do this.

I get that Gettlepuke mad some nice trades for next years draft  ... I dont understand why he would do that because I highly doubt he will be here next year. Giants just cashed it after the 3rd pick ...

This is probably the Worst I've ever felt about a Giants draft in my life ...and that's saying a lot because I always hate the Giants draft  ... 3 picks who are basically depth picks and 3 picks who might make the practice squad   

1. Kadarius Toney     WR
  2. Azeez Ojulari         EDGE
  3. Aaron Robinson    CB
  4. Elerson Smith        EDGE   
  5. Gary Brightwell      RB        
  6. Rodarius Williams  CB
What the hell happens if Gates get's injured ??? Is there anyone else on this roster who has ever played center???

Heres my draft ... 

1. Kwity Paye            Edge 
  2. Creed Humphrey  Center/Guard 
  3. Kendrick Green     Guard /Center 
  4. Tyler Shelvin          DT 
  5. Simi Fehoko           WR
  6. Dylan Moses          LB
  7. Quincy Roche         Edge
Be real Fellas this is a better darft the Gettlemans!

For you Kody 

For you Kody 
  • Humphrey was rated the #1 Center in the NFL by PFF as arookie 
  • Kendrick Green Started the entire Season at C for the Steelers ... His best posiion is G 
  • Kwity Paye and Roche were rated higher than Ojulari ... Giants were lucky to get Roche off of a practice Squad 

I'm not posting this to show how smart I am  ... I'm just pointing out that these GMs need to check their egos at the door and stop trying to outsmart the rest of the league. 

The teams that draft the best typically make the obvious choices with an occassional reach. Look at Baltimore and Philly as an example.  

There are 1000s of scouts and analyst that put together lists based on film, ability, level of competition and  reputation ... to reach for a player that is 100s of spots lower on the average draft board is silly and usually results in a failure.

"Giants senior pro scouting executive Ken Sternfeld and senior proscout/football systems analyst Matt Schauger are also no longer with the team, per source. Sternfeld (2002) and Schauger (2005) were long-time employees in the pro personnel department."

Duggan: link

Dan Duggan

@DDuggan21
Joe Schoen said on WFAN they should have resolution on James Bradberry by the end of the week. This is obviously headed toward his release, probably sooner than later.

The Giants are releasing CB James Bradberry after failing to find a trade partner, per source. The move will create $10.1M in cap savings while leaving $11.7M in dead money. (Savings will be $11.5M with $10.4M dead this year and $1.4M dead in 2023 if they make it a June 1 cut)

Duggan

O.K. schedule is out. We're in a rebuild so another 4 win season isn't bad for the near future. But looking at the schedule I think we can win 8 games. Opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread