Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Infinite New York football Giants thread


Yenrub

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

Giants take developmental offensive tackle Matt Peart with the No. 99.

They could have their bookend OT's of the future on the roster now. Thomas will probably start off at RT for a season with Solder at LT. Peart has a season or two to develop into a starting RT.

I still want Biadasz @ 110 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Yenrub said:

Giants take developmental offensive tackle Matt Peart with the No. 99.

They could have their bookend OT's of the future on the roster now. Thomas will probably start off at RT for a season with Solder at LT. Peart has a season or two to develop into a starting RT.

PFF had Peart as the 10th highest rated OT in the draft ... apparently the Giants are looking at him more as a swing tackle in the very near furture rather than a developemental prospect which has more of a 2-3 year ring to it. 

Incredible length and very athletic for a guy that tall and long 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In 2 years Gettleman has added 6 CBs and it is still a weakness .... how the hell is that possible?

  • Baker 1st 30th pick (Traded No. 37, No. 132, and No. 142 to move up 7 spots) - One of the worst rated CBs in the NFL
  • Beal 3rd (Highest drafted Supplemental player since 2012) Does he make the roster?
  • Love 4th Rd (Man without a position after drafting a Safety with 2nd pick) 
  • Ballentine 6th rd - Does he make the roster?
  • James Bradberry ($15 million per year) I couldnt even remember his name because I had never heard of him before the Giants broke the bank for him
  • Darnay Holmes 4th Rd - Undersized Corner who they didnt need 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

I like that pick.   We needed a slot corner unless you like seeing Grant Haley on the field.

Love and McKinney are both capable of playing the slot - What about Beal & Ballentine?

Where does Love play now? He was one of there best players when he finally got on the field and now they drafted 2 players that play his projected position

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, monk said:

Love and McKinney are both capable of playing the slot - What about Beal & Ballentine?

Where does Love play now? He was one of there best players when he finally got on the field and now they drafted 2 players that play his projected position

I think Beal and Ballentine are both boundary cover guys.   Maybe we see 3 safety sets with Love on the field.   Glad Bettcher is gone, let's see what we do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

azzole gettleman refuses to give up anuy of his uselss 4 x 7th rd picks to get a much needed Center !!!!!

Cowboys who have one of the Best Olines in football lwere smart enough to do it  

Draft a Guard who actually looks like a good tough football player ...wonder if he can play Center! 

Edited by monk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, monk said:

azzole gettleman refuses to give up anuy of his uselss 4 x 7th rd picks to get a much needed Center !!!!!

Cowboys who have one of the Best Olines in football lwere smart enough to do it  

Draft a Guard who actually looks like a good tough football player ...wonder if he can play Center! 

Is he Zeitler's eventual replacement? KZ's a FA in 2022, and can be cut in 2021 for $2.5mm in dead money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick Grading of the Giants picks

  • (4) Andrew Thomas T - B+ Got the Guy that most people consider the most Polished LT in the Draft - Could have done a liitle more with pick 4 
  • (36) Xavier McKinney S - B+ Got Possibly the best S in the draft - but was less of a need than Edge and LB which were available 
  • (99) Matt Peart T - C-  Did not need to take a swing T at this point.  Guy has potential but they all do i.e  Prince Tega Wanagho went in almost the 7th rd (that's an A+ pick) 
  • (110) Darnay Holmes CB - Not a need and does not have great upside
  • (150) Shane Lemieux G - B+ Best pick of he Draft for the Giants - Wouldve been an A if the had drafted Biadasz who went a few picks earlier
  • (183) Cameron Brown LB  - Special Teamer maybe? ... Peoples-Jones and Proche were available at WR 
  • (218) Carter Coughlin EDGE - C+ Productive, Athletic and comes from a very Athletic family 
  • (238) TJ Brunson LB -  D Throw away - Basically UDFA - better players were available 
  • (247) Chris Williamson CB F -  Another Corner - Another throw away - Wasted pick - much better players available  that would have at least filled a need 
  • (255) Tae Crowder LB - I for Irrelivent 

Overall Grade C or Meh -

Edited by monk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Draft would have went like this ....

  • Jedrick Wills (RT) 
  • Yetur Gross-Matos (Edge)
  • Akeem Davis-Gaither (LB) 
  • Tyler Biadasz (C) 
  • Curtis Weaver (Edge) 
  • Donovan Peoples Jones (WR) 
  • Prince Tega Wanagho (T) ... Trade-up Offering 2 or 3 7th Rounders  
  • AJ Green (CB) 

I defy any Giant Fan to honestly tell me that they would not take this draft over the Giants Actuallu draft !!!

This is what the draft could have very easily been ... Would have addressed T, C, Edge  and LB plus added a big talented WR and CB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, monk said:

My Draft would have went like this ....

  • Jedrick Wills (RT) 
  • Yetur Gross-Matos (Edge)
  • Akeem Davis-Gaither (LB) 
  • Tyler Biadasz (C) 
  • Curtis Weaver (Edge) 
  • Donovan Peoples Jones (WR) 
  • Prince Tega Wanagho (T) ... Trade-up Offering 2 or 3 7th Rounders  
  • AJ Green (CB) 

I defy any Giant Fan to honestly tell me that they would not take this draft over the Giants Actuallu draft !!!

This is what the draft could have very easily been ... Would have addressed T, C, Edge  and LB plus added a big talented WR and CB

I would not take this draft over the Giants' actual draft.

Honestly.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Giants have until Monday (May 4th) to decide if they are going to pick up the 5th year options for Evan Engram & Jabril Peppers.

Both are coming off injury, but I think it’s a no brainer to pick up the options on both players.

What do you guys think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

Giants have until Monday (May 4th) to decide if they are going to pick up the 5th year options for Evan Engram & Jabril Peppers.

Both are coming off injury, but I think it’s a no brainer to pick up the options on both players.

What do you guys think?

I sure hope so ... they are both a position of need and they are 2 of the most athletic players on the team. Since they did not draft a WR that is going to step right in we really have to cross our fingers that Engram is healthy and stays that way.

The only way I see the Giants not picking up the option is if either or both of their injuries are worse than we know.

That would be terrible

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2020 at 8:15 PM, kodycutter said:

UDFA's signings:

RB Javon Leake - Maryland
WR Ben Victor - Ohio State
WR Austin Mack - Ohio State
WR Derrek Dillon - LSU
IOL Kyle Murphy - Rhode Island
EDGE Dana Levine - Temple
EDGE Niko Lalos - Dartmouth

Giants ended up signing 15 UDFA !!! I'm loving the Judge Era so far ... this guy means business and looks like he knows what they need to do to turn this around ASAP !!!

https://www.giants.com/news/reports-giants-agree-to-terms-15-undrafted-free-agents-austin-mack-javon-leake

Case Cookus, QB, Northern Arizona, 6-4, 205

Cookus played in 41 games for the Lumberjacks and completed 891 of 1,430 passes (62.3%) for 12,057 yards, 105 touchdowns and 21 interceptions. He twice suffered season-ending shoulder injuries, limiting him to four games in 2016 and two in 2018. But he rebounded last year to finish with career-high totals of 290 completions, 4,095 yards and 31 touchdown passes.

* Javon Leake, RB, Maryland, 6-0, 206

Leake played in 32 games in three seasons at Maryland and finished his career with 134 rushing attempts for 1,110 yards (8.3-yard avg.) and 17 touchdowns. He had his most productive season in 2019, when he ran for 736 yards and eight scores on 102 attempts and added all nine of his career receptions for 55 yards. Leake also returned 57 kickoffs for an average of 25.2 yards and three touchdowns, including a 100-yarder. He ran for a career-high 158 yards and scored twice against Indiana on Oct. 19.

* Derrick Dillon, WR, LSU, 5-11, 186

Dillon played in 48 games with 11 starts in four seasons at LSU. His career totals included 51 catches for 634 yards and four touchdowns. In 2019, he played in 13 games with three starts for the national champion Tigers and caught 15 passes for 202 yards and two touchdowns from quarterback Joe Burrow, the No. 1 overall draft choice.

* Austin Mack, WR, Ohio State, 6-2, 215

Mack played in 45 games with 28 starts at OSU and had 79 catches for 1,050 yards and six touchdowns. As a senior in 2019, he had career-high totals of 27 receptions for 361 yards and three touchdowns, including a season-high six grabs in the College Football Playoff semifinal vs. Clemson. Mack had 26 catches as a junior before a foot injury ended his season after eight games.

* Binjimen Victor, WR, Ohio State, 6-4, 200

Victor played in 47 games for the Buckeyes and concluded his career with 83 receptions for 1,340 yards and 18 touchdowns. As a senior in 2019, he played in all 14 games and finished with career-high totals of 35 catches for 573 yards and six touchdowns.

* Rysen John, WR, Simon Fraser University (British Columbia), 6-7, 237

In his final three seasons at Simon Fraser – an NCAA Division II program – John played in 25 games and caught 112 passes for 1,675 yards and 19 touchdowns. In 2019, he was selected first-team All-Great Northwest Athletic Conference after catching 53 passes for 861 yards and 10 touchdowns to lead the league in all three categories. John was selected the team MVP and Offensive Player of the Year. He is named after former NFL receiver Andre Rison.

Kyle Markway, TE, South Carolina, 6-4, 250

Appeared in 39 games as a tight end and on special teams with 14 starts for the Gamecocks. His career totals included 37 receptions for 459 yards and three touchdowns. In 2019, he ranked third on the team with a career-high 31 catches, for 349 yards and two scores. Markway was on the SEC's academic honor roll every year of his career.

Tyler Haycraft, OL, Louisville, 6-3, 293

Haycraft arrived at Louisville as a walk-on. He was redshirted in 2015 and did not play the following season. Haycraft saw his first action in 2017, when he played in six games. In 2018, he earned a scholarship and played in all 12 games, primarily on special teams. Last season, he started all 13 games at right tackle opposite Mekhi Becton, the 11th overall selection in the draft.

Kyle Murphy, OL, Rhode Island, 6-4, 302

Murphy played in 43 games with 36 starts in four seasons for the Rams. He demonstrated his versatility by starting at four different positions - 21 games at left tackle, nine at left guard, five at right tackle and one at center. As a senior in 2019, he was a team captain and started all 11 games at left guard.

* Niko Lalos, OLB, Dartmouth, 6-5, 270

Lalos played in 24 games in three seasons for the Big Green. He recorded 59 tackles (32 solo), including 17.5 tackles for loss and 11.0 sacks. Lalos added one interception and one fumble recovery. In 2019, he was selected first-team All-Ivy League after posting career-high totals of 35 tackles (10 solo), 10 stops for loss and 5.5 sacks. Lalos was chosen his team's MVP at the Hula Bowl after notching two sacks and a forced fumble.

Dominique Ross, OLB, North Carolina, 6-4, 228

Ross played in 42 games with 20 starts in four seasons for the Tar Heels. His career totals included 126 tackles (64 solo), 11.0 stops for loss, 4.0 sacks, one interception, 10 passes defensed and one forced fumble. As a senior in 2019, Ross played in 12 games with a career-high 11 starts and had his most productive season with 60 tackles (30 solo), six tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks.

Dana Levine, OLB, Temple, 6-4, 235

Levine played in 39 games in four seasons at Temple, primarily as a defensive end. His career totals included 91 tackles (52 solo), 18.5 tackles for loss, 11.0 sacks, and four forced fumbles. As a senior in 2019, he had career highs of 11 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks among his 32 tackles (19 solo).

JaQuarius Landrews, DB, Mississippi State, 6-0, 200

Landrews played two years for the Bulldogs after transferring from Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Mississippi. After redshirting in 2017, Landrews played in 23 games with 16 starts and totaled 98 tackles, five tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks, one interception and 13 pass breakups. He earned his undergraduate degree from MSU in December 2018.

Christian Angulo, DB, Hampton, 6-2, 190

Angulo played one season at Hampton after transferring from Cincinnati. He played in 10 games and led the Pirates with three interceptions and 14 passes defensed, the latter figuring tying for the lead in the Big South Conference. He totaled 18 tackles (14 solo), including two for loss. Angulo was selected second-team all-conference.

Malcolm Elmore, DB, Central Methodist, 5-11, 185

Elmore has spent four seasons at Central Methodist in Fayette, Mo. His career totals included 133 tackles, 15 pass breakups, and eight interceptions for 223 yards. In 2019, he recorded 58 tackles, including two for loss, and a team-high four interceptions which he returned 144 yards. Elmore was selected all-second team Heart of America Conference.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFC East will be a 2 team race this season ... Giants Change in coaching staff,  strong draft and huge haul of UDFA will launch tem past the Skins and Beagles.

1 Little problem ... Cowboys Talent is Sick !!! No way we are jumping past them this season

  • Cowboys 12-4
  • Giants 10- 6 
  • Beagles 8-8
  • Skins 5-11
Edited by monk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Giants placed rarely used UFA tender on Markus Golden

Per ESPN’s Field Yates, the Giants placed a rarely used “unrestricted free agent tender” on Golden, which requires him to play for the Giants if he doesn’t sign with another team by July 22. In the meantime, per Yates, Golden is still free to pursue a contract with other teams, though it would count toward the 2021 compensatory pick formula.

The tender, per PFT, is worth 110 percent of his total pay from the previous season. For Golden, that was $4.75 million — he earned $1 million extra in performance-based incentives — which would put him in line to earn $5.225 million in 2020 on the UFA tender, if he signs it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2020 at 8:20 PM, kodycutter said:

Giants placed rarely used UFA tender on Markus Golden

Per ESPN’s Field Yates, the Giants placed a rarely used “unrestricted free agent tender” on Golden, which requires him to play for the Giants if he doesn’t sign with another team by July 22. In the meantime, per Yates, Golden is still free to pursue a contract with other teams, though it would count toward the 2021 compensatory pick formula.

The tender, per PFT, is worth 110 percent of his total pay from the previous season. For Golden, that was $4.75 million — he earned $1 million extra in performance-based incentives — which would put him in line to earn $5.225 million in 2020 on the UFA tender, if he signs it.

Very interesting with the market on pass-rushers stagnant (Ngakoue, Clowney and Golden) Giants make a pre-emptive strike with this. It's similar to the draft pick compensation tenders you see in MLB baseball. You get Golden for a relative bargain if he stays.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:44 PM, Uncle Leo said:

I’ll take 10-6. 

Heck, I'll take 9-7. It can't be understated that if the Giants don't finish over .500 with the weapons they see to have now, the Daniel Jones pick is going to be viewed as a huge mistake. I really hope he's learning this off-season and studying the books.

14 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Obviously they need to check his physicals, but signing him cheap would be great with the relative uncertainty at the position. You always would like to have a vet there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, I was just looking at Daniel Jones gamelogs from 2019 and it is fascinating. 6 starts on the road, 18 TD's and 3 ints. 6 starts at home, 6 TD's, 9 ints. While the competition seemed to be a little tougher in his home starts than his road starts, has there been any talk as to why he played better on the road? Is he feeling more pressure playing in front of the New York crowd?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, The Frankman said:

Very interesting with the market on pass-rushers stagnant (Ngakoue, Clowney and Golden) Giants make a pre-emptive strike with this. It's similar to the draft pick compensation tenders you see in MLB baseball. You get Golden for a relative bargain if he stays.

Heck, I'll take 9-7. It can't be understated that if the Giants don't finish over .500 with the weapons they see to have now, the Daniel Jones pick is going to be viewed as a huge mistake. I really hope he's learning this off-season and studying the books.

Obviously they need to check his physicals, but signing him cheap would be great with the relative uncertainty at the position. You always would like to have a vet there.

10-6 or 9-7? Are you guys really expecting that type of season? Or is that just what you are wishing for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

10-6 or 9-7? Are you guys really expecting that type of season? Or is that just what you are wishing for?

  • Giants coaching staff last year was a disgrace - This will be much improved
  • Giants Oline was a disgrace - I expect the Oline to much improved just off of coaching alone. Never mind that they have added 4 or 5 players 
  • They had no constency on offense due to injuries and suspensions at key positions Barkley, Engram, Shepard and Tate all missed time
  • The defense was disgraceful at LBer - They've' added a ton of competition and upgraded with Martinez ... even some of these rookies coming in will be much better than what they had last year 
  • The defense was disgraceful at DB -  Almost every DB on the team was either a rookie or 1st year Giant.  They will have a year experience and they added to the DBs through Free agency and draft 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, monk said:
  • Giants coaching staff last year was a disgrace - This will be much improved
  • Giants Oline was a disgrace - I expect the Oline to much improved just off of coaching alone. Never mind that they have added 4 or 5 players 
  • They had no constency on offense due to injuries and suspensions at key positions Barkley, Engram, Shepard and Tate all missed time
  • The defense was disgraceful at LBer - They've' added a ton of competition and upgraded with Martinez ... even some of these rookies coming in will be much better than what they had last year 
  • The defense was disgraceful at DB -  Almost every DB on the team was either a rookie or 1st year Giant.  They will have a year experience and they added to the DBs through Free agency and draft 

 

Wow...Monk being optimistic about the Giants. Nice change.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Uncle Leo said:

Wow...Monk being optimistic about the Giants. Nice change.

I'm scared now... honestly it goes back to my quote

Quote

Heck, I'll take 9-7. It can't be understated that if the Giants don't finish over .500 with the weapons they seem to have now, the Daniel Jones pick is going to be viewed as a huge mistake. I really hope he's learning this off-season and studying the books.

Even if Jones gets carried by Barkley and his D, Giants need to finish 8-8 or better/Jones finish the season showing that progression as a QB that Giants fans felt after Eli's 1st season a.k.a sure we missed the playoffs but we see the signs that we have a legit franchise QB. Otherwise it can turn into Mitchell Trubisky 2.0.

 

EDIT: BTW for all those people calling Daniel Jones "Danny Dimes", remember Mitchell Trubisky had "Money Mitch" for a short time his rookie year. Yeah...

Edited by The Frankman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2020 at 4:00 PM, Yenrub said:

Giants have until Monday (May 4th) to decide if they are going to pick up the 5th year options for Evan Engram & Jabril Peppers.

Both are coming off injury, but I think it’s a no brainer to pick up the options on both players.

What do you guys think?

Giants picked up the options for both Engram and Peppers 

https://nypost.com/2020/04/29/giants-pick-up-options-for-evan-engram-and-jabrill-peppers/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2020 at 12:31 PM, monk said:
  • Giants coaching staff last year was a disgrace - This will be much improved
  • Giants Oline was a disgrace - I expect the Oline to much improved just off of coaching alone. Never mind that they have added 4 or 5 players 
  • They had no constency on offense due to injuries and suspensions at key positions Barkley, Engram, Shepard and Tate all missed time
  • The defense was disgraceful at LBer - They've' added a ton of competition and upgraded with Martinez ... even some of these rookies coming in will be much better than what they had last year 
  • The defense was disgraceful at DB -  Almost every DB on the team was either a rookie or 1st year Giant.  They will have a year experience and they added to the DBs through Free agency and draft 

 

I hope you are right. But I am not going to let optimism set me up for a letdown.

It does finally seem like the team has a direction so that is encouraging, but I’m not so sure it will translate into wins this season.

We still have a 1st year head coach (on any level), shortened offseason (if there is a season at all) and a 2nd year QB trying to learn a new system.

Again I hope you guys are right. I think we are looking 6 or 7 wins this season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bucky Brooks NFL draft: red star players

On the "Move the Sticks" podcast, Daniel Jeremiah and I have discussed how scouts will stand on the table for guys they believe will outperform their draft status. In the scouting world, these players are called "red star" guys because they are destined to make their mark in the league, regardless of where they are drafted. After surveying the 2020 class for players with the right skills and intangibles to perform better than their draft grades, here are my five red-star prospects to watch:

 

3) Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA: The best nickel corner in the 2020 class possesses a unique set of skills that should enable him to shine immediately in the league. Holmes' combination of speed, agility, intelligence, competitiveness and toughness are ideal for the slot corner position, which is viewed as the 12th starting spot on defenses in today's game. The UCLA product has the capacity to cover shifty receivers in tight quarters and also understands how to maintain his leverage, to maximize the help available to him from linebackers and safeties. Holmes' high football IQ and his overall awareness of coverage would make him ideally suited for the slot corner role in a multi-faceted scheme that demands a lot from the nickel back. Given Holmes' toughness, tackling and competitive spirit, the move inside could help him become a game-changer at the next level

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kodycutter said:

Bucky Brooks NFL draft: red star players

On the "Move the Sticks" podcast, Daniel Jeremiah and I have discussed how scouts will stand on the table for guys they believe will outperform their draft status. In the scouting world, these players are called "red star" guys because they are destined to make their mark in the league, regardless of where they are drafted. After surveying the 2020 class for players with the right skills and intangibles to perform better than their draft grades, here are my five red-star prospects to watch:

 

3) Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA: The best nickel corner in the 2020 class possesses a unique set of skills that should enable him to shine immediately in the league. Holmes' combination of speed, agility, intelligence, competitiveness and toughness are ideal for the slot corner position, which is viewed as the 12th starting spot on defenses in today's game. The UCLA product has the capacity to cover shifty receivers in tight quarters and also understands how to maintain his leverage, to maximize the help available to him from linebackers and safeties. Holmes' high football IQ and his overall awareness of coverage would make him ideally suited for the slot corner role in a multi-faceted scheme that demands a lot from the nickel back. Given Holmes' toughness, tackling and competitive spirit, the move inside could help him become a game-changer at the next level

I sure hope Bucky is right about Holmes, it was painful to watch Grant Haley getting beat like a drum from the slot 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, az_prof said:

Am I the only one who thinks the improvement to the OL could spell dividends for Barkley and Jones?

No doubt a better OL should be beneficial for Barkley and Jones. The question is how much better did the OL get and how soon can they become a unit? Center is still a big question mark for them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's not forget how badly the Oline has underperformed with Hal Hunter. Many belive that he was as much or more to blame as the players themselves. 

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-giants/evidence-that-the-new-york-giants-offensive-line-problems-stem-from-coaching/

I have a feeling Solder is going to have a big rebound year under the new coaching staff regardless of which Tackle spot he plays.  He is familiar with Judge and I think having having an OC and Oline coach who have worked together will help the line gel quicker ... I also expect Hernandez to take a ahuge step forward this year after regressing badly last season.

The Giants are going to create huge competion at positions of weakness like LB and Center by throwing lots of bodies at it.  Pulley, Lemeiux, Gates, and maybe Halapio ... I would expect them to add at least one more to the mix. It probably wont be a strength but the rest of the line should be real solid and with the best depth weve had in years  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a good article on the Giants O'line ...

https://gmenhq.com/2019/11/11/new-york-giants-offensive-lineman-reveals-coaching-preparation/

Looking at the higlights of Gates broughty back the embarrasingly bad memory of Saquan getting ##### slapped by Adams againts the Jets. They should show that play in film every week to make sure Saquan never slacks off as a blocker again. If you want to be the best RB in the league ...that cant happen ever again! 

Edited by monk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deandre Baker: Arrest warrant issued - Armed Robbery

Two NFL players -- including a 2019 1st round draft pick -- have been accused of of armed robbery and arrest warrants have been issued, TMZ Sports has learned.

Law enforcement confirms NY Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker (the 30th overall pick in 2019) is facing 4 charges of armed robbery and 4 charges of aggravated assault with a firearm.

Seattle Seahawks corner Quinton Dunbar is facing 4 counts of armed robbery.

According to our sources, the two men were partying in Miramar, FL. on May 13th ... when things took a disturbing turn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If this is true ...I hope the POS loses every penny  he signed for and never plays in the NFL again ... And Gettleman should be fired asap for trading up to darft this POS. Gave up a 2nd 4th and 5th to move up 7 spots ... great judge of character Gettleman 

You could tell this guy was a piece of crap last season with hi crap attititude ... I guess the $10M contract he signed wasnt enough to get by.

2 Gettleman trades

  • 2nd, 4th, 5th for Baker
  • 3rd 4th and $16M for Williams (for 1.5 years) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WTF were those morons thinking?  Football doesn't pay enough?

I hope Baker spends a long time in jail if he did this.  Gettleman should have been fired a long time ago.  Time to finally fix that mistake.  It would be even better if Mara were to sell his portion of the team, or at least become a very silent and uninvolved partner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as I know/remember, Baker had no character concerns coming out of the draft and was one of the best CBs in college. So no, you can't blame Gettleman for a guy going full stupid during this pandemic, especially a young player. You think people blamed the Pats for drafting Aaron Hernandez?? Steelers for Antonio Brown?

 

That being said this is a crushing blow for the Giants and moreso Seattle, who were relying on Dunbar to be their starting right cornerback with very little in depth in the secondary. At least Giants have a lot of depth at CB; Sam Beal probably gets the starter job by default over Ballentine and Julian Love, with Darnay Holes at slot corner. Seattle may need to try and pickup Logan Ryan.

Edited by The Frankman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...