What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Golf DFS (3 Viewers)

Wow some really good scores yesterday and mostly by guys I don't have. Never been so disappointed that all my guys are 3 or 4 under par for the first round. Hopefully switching courses can get my guys some better scores and cool down the guys at the top.

Looks like I’m throwing money away this week. Thought I had some good lineups too. I did fade Rahm, who is 45% in Gpp. If I knew that I’d have played him in half and taken my chances with the other 5 golfers.

RW jinxed me.  I was up $10 yesterday, now only one of my 4 is barely above the cash line. ;)
Sorry about that but it worked for me somewhat. Got above the cash line with 4 lineups but 3 of those still look like they will lose at least 1 golfer. Up to 38th(412+pts) in the .60 gpp but List will miss the cut there.

Sorry about that but it worked for me somewhat. Got above the cash line with 4 lineups but 3 of those still look like they will lose at least 1 golfer. Up to 38th(412+pts) in the .60 gpp but List will miss the cut there.
What is the cut usually? (# of golfers?)

My best is only about 380, but it's very top and bottom heavy.  I have 3 guys in the top 10 and 3 guys in the 60s.  My second best is just a little lower, but only has 1 guy in the 60s. 

Just heard the projected cut is 7 under. Wind will also be a factor today at 20-40mph. Most of the leaders are on the Stadium course which they say will be hard to play under par in that wind.

Just heard the projected cut is 7 under. Wind will also be a factor today at 20-40mph. Most of the leaders are on the Stadium course which they say will be hard to play under par in that wind.
Just took a peek and all the guys that I have that have started the round are + on the day or even.  Like you said, that wind might make it interesting today.

Do all your players typically  have to make the cut if you want to cash? One of mine just missed it and I'm sitting at 545 going into Sunday. I play fanduel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice score! You can still cash when all your guys don't make the cut but won't win big. If highly owned guys get cut you can even still move up the standings if you have a hot sleeper or two.

I actually had a week last year where I cashed in 4 contests with only 5/8 making the cut.

Of my 8 lineups only 2 had all 6 make the cut. Weird that my 2nd worst lineup (436pts) had all 6 make it but my best (526+) only 5/6.

What were the cash lines around for 5050 and 2x contests?

I scored 474, 499, 565, and 513....good for $0 back in GPP contests.

Not big money, but cashed 3/4 of the LUs I put in.  $2.40 in, $3.90 out.  I will probably try again this week - gotta do something before baseball starts up (I should look at EPL again too).  

With no NFL on the weekend slate and Tiger in the field I expect alot of casual players in the field this week which should lead to softer games. I like Rahm,Rose,Finau and Woodland this week plus Cink and Howell for cash.

fanduel

2 $2 50/50

Rahm Woodland Howell Cink Steele Vegas

$2 3 man

Rose Finau Howell Cink Uihlein Stanley

$1 SE gpp

Rose Finau Stanley English vegas lowry

$2 SE gpp

rahm Rose Woodland Bradley English Landry

.60 gpp

rose snedeker noren wise hoge lowry

leishman woodland finau steele hadley kim

rahm finau snedeker uihlein bradley english

leishman day hahn xander stanley cauley

fowler rahm uihlein cauley suri watney

DK

$2 3man

finau leishman woodland howell hoffman cauley

$2  10x booster

Rose finau schniederjans uihlein stanley glover

.25 gpp

rahm cauley xander suri blixt lingmerth

fowler finau leishman hoffman hadley garrigus

finau woodland cantlay steele stanley noren

rose leishman uihlein bradley wise vegas

freeroll

day snedeker hoffman harman smith flores

Good luck all----- FOUR!!

With no NFL on the weekend slate and Tiger in the field I expect alot of casual players in the field this week which should lead to softer games. I like Rahm,Rose,Finau and Woodland this week plus Cink and Howell for cash.

fanduel

2 $2 50/50

Rahm Woodland Howell Cink Steele Vegas

$2 3 man

Rose Finau Howell Cink Uihlein Stanley

$1 SE gpp

Rose Finau Stanley English vegas lowry

$2 SE gpp

rahm Rose Woodland Bradley English Landry

.60 gpp

rose snedeker noren wise hoge lowry

leishman woodland finau steele hadley kim

rahm finau snedeker uihlein bradley english

leishman day hahn xander stanley cauley

fowler rahm uihlein cauley suri watney

DK

$2 3man

finau leishman woodland howell hoffman cauley

$2  10x booster

Rose finau schniederjans uihlein stanley glover

.25 gpp

rahm cauley xander suri blixt lingmerth

fowler finau leishman hoffman hadley garrigus

finau woodland cantlay steele stanley noren

rose leishman uihlein bradley wise vegas

freeroll

day snedeker hoffman harman smith flores

Good luck all----- FOUR!!
You must be doing ok....

Luckily the FD 3man didn't fill cause that was a disaster. Uihlein tanking today probably kills my chances of coming out ahead on FD but should come out ahead on DK by a buck or two. 

I'm sitting at 310 and 259 for 2 lineups in FD with all 6 making the cut.  The other 2 lineups I had have lower scores with at least one player not making the cut.  

210 and 256 on FD. Uihlein misses the cut in the 256 lineup. Vegas misses the cut in the 210. 

Id like to have a 310 right now.

i put these 2 LUs in 3-man contests and a gpp each. The small contests are super low scoring. I might have to try them for a few weeks now. 

best FD lineup scored 299.3 with 5/6 making cut. $2 gpp currently cashing with 283.5 with 5/6. Only lineup with 6/6 left is at 248.3 in the .60 gpp and 15 points below cash line. Probably need English,Bradley,Snedeker and Rose to all finish top 5 to come out ahead on FD.

On DK Ill finish up at least 40cents as Ive won the 3 man already unless something crazy happens ( up by 18+ with all 6 left other 2 teams have 4 and 3 left)

DK closed out their contests won my 3man and cashed for $2 in .25 gpp (finau woodland cantlay steele stanley noren) to finish +1.40 there. To start on sat that gpp lineup was 24/28788 with all making the cut and 14+ points from 1st.

FD still shows contest as live so not sure how thats going to turn out. cash lineups were a disaster but currently cashing 3 gpps

I don' think the playoff will affect my winnings much.  Looks like $16 in, $28 out.  Was hoping for more with the position I was in after the cut. Started Saturday in 28th out of 14500 in the 4$ thurs pga eagle. 

371 and 350, no cashes.  I had 10 golfers make the cut, some of them were looking real good, and they were all over par yesterday.  

457 and 455 were my highest scores of FD. All golfers made the cut with those 2 entries. I had one at 424 that cashed and had 5 players make the cut.

Still cashed in 3 gpps with Day winning but dropped from 8.50 to $6. Winning scores were 437, 422 and 403. $11 in $6 out. Was cashing for $22 to start Sat with either 5 or 6 making the cut 

Still cashed in 3 gpps with Day winning but dropped from 8.50 to $6. Winning scores were 437, 422 and 403. $11 in $6 out. Was cashing for $22 to start Sat with either 5 or 6 making the cut 
What gpps were you playing in where the top score was 437,422, etc? 

Thoughts on if the you think the FD pricing is way too soft?  Not sure why we would play multi entry GPP with their pricing, have to stick with the single entry contests.  Am I wrong?

does seem a little soft, think they are still working on the pricing since moving to 6 man lineups. Other than .25 or .60 contests I stick to single entry in all sports or 3 max if thats all there is.

Matsuyama and Mickelsom likely going to be chalky given their history at Phoenix Open. Anyone fading them?

I had all the penny contests filtered out on my FD app, they were annoying for NFL. Time to bring them back in for some cheap action to go along with some $1/$2 single entries. 

FD 2  $2  50/50

matsuyama mickelson steele streelman kizzire palmer

$1 SE gpps

fowler cook berger spaun palmer hadley

finau watson woodland piercy stanley snedeker

DK

$2 3man

matsuyama moore steele kizzire spaun molinari

$2  10x

thomas fowler johnson smith streelman molinari

fowler finau johnson stanley watson molinari

$1 SE gpps

berger noren kuchar johnson hoffman hadwin

mickelson noren moore palmer piercy smith

Good luck all!!

Forgot to logon this morning to see how filled the $3, $5, and higher contests were.  Joined the lower cost contests last night and some didn't come close to filling.  Missed opp possibly.

Horrible first day for me... doesn't look good at this point. I see Spaun withdrew? I had him in every lineup but one...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cabby said:
Horrible first day for me... doesn't look good at this point. I see Spaun withdrew? I had him in every lineup but one...
Horrible for me too on FD. Only 1 lineup over 100(148+) and currently cashing but had Spaun. Once again cash lineup is the worst.

Little better on DK where my 10x lineups are within 14 of the cash line with just Stanley playing bad.

On the plus side, it can all change today if everyone makes the cut.

And now Matsuyama withdraws, should've listened to myself in the 1st place. Pretty much kills all my cash games but guess it could help in gpps where I lost spaun and may lose Stanley.

And now Matsuyama withdraws, should've listened to myself in the 1st place. Pretty much kills all my cash games but guess it could help in gpps where I lost spaun and may lose Stanley.
The one gpp that I didn't have Spaun I had Mats. I'm toast now I think... 

The sad part is that my lineup with Spaun is scoring 60+ pts more than any of my others and the Spaun/Matsuyama lineup isn't the worst

My highest scoring lineup was 287. That lineup had Spaun in it so it could have been much better. Spaun was the only player that didn't make the cut. None of my other lineups will cash

my best (276.8) had Spaun too and now Palmer so probably wont stay above cashline. All my FD lineups lost 2-3 guys to cut or WD so most likely a total loss there.

On DK 1 10x  and 1 gpp lineup have all 6 left the rest just 4 or 5.

Got my ### kicked last week with $20 in and $4.50 out on the 2 sites so playing less this week with a tighter core

FD

2 $2 50/50

johnson hadley cantlay kirk kokrak streelman

$2 SE gpp

day snedeker hadley kirk cook taylor

$1 SE gpp

day mcllroy perez harkins mcdowell jones

DK

$2  10x

johnson perez reed cook chappell kokrak

mcllroy snedeker kirk kisner hadley rcb

$1 SE gpp

day kuchar kisner henley cookchappell

Glad I saw your lineups with 10 min to the cutoff.  I had a placeholder in, actually a lineup I liked, but only in 2 contests.  Added a few more.  Traveling for work sucks...and I'm in a different time zone.

I got swept last week.  Matsuyama WD wasn't good and too many missed cuts in both lineups.  One of my two lineups made a move on Saturday but faded on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread