Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Joseph Tyler Mixon - Bengals RB

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...And then tore the ACL in that weakened knee during the game, so maybe not the best example.

What?

Mixon played well. Like in week 1 his play was better than his numbers because he is getting contacted or in some cases completely blown up in the backfield on probably 20 or 25% of his carries.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Joe Mixon (foot) "does not have a major injury."

Mixon going four weeks without practicing has raised eyebrows, but the Bengals don't believe Mixon is dealing with something overly serious. Of course, Mixon's practice reports will tell the full story next week. Until Mixon can get in a full practice, expect Giovani Bernard to handle most of the Bengals' touches out of the backfield. Mixon has an RB1 ceiling down the stretch if he can get right.

RELATED: 

Giovani Bernard

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Nov 20, 2020, 6:54 PM ET

14 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Curious how Mixon owners would feel about this offer now. Have to think we're getting close to rage drop mode with this guy. Feels like he just aint comin back.

Trade deadlines passed in most leagues I would have thought. (if you are trading into week 12, why have a deadline at all)

Seems like there will be a lot of rage dropping as value of players no longer has that trade quality, if they are not use to you or keeping from your direct opponent, whats the point? 

Cut Mixon if you need the spot. 😉 DO IT!

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Reality check, if you miss a quarter of the season by being mishandled by not being put on IR when you already miss 4 weeks.

You have a major injury. If you have an injury that can IR you, its major. Maybe not season ending, but a quarter of the season is a major injury.

I agree but its the Bungles so of course they mishandled it. I drafted him in 2 leagues this year and traded him away in one because I needed a WR1. At that time I thought he was playing that week and am still shocked that he is still out. In the league where I still have him I was unable to get Bernard on the waivers because someone else beat me to him. This is so frustrating!!!! I think I blame whoever named this thread because I  usually only hear my middle name when I am in trouble so whoever named this thread has doomed Mixon to having injury troubles.  

44 minutes ago, yoman said:

My top 3 backs that I drafted in 1 league were Sanders, Mixon and Taylor. I was happy after the draft but now am tempted to drop all 3. 

I doubt any RB on wire has the upside that Mixon has in the playoffs IF he can get healthy.  

Bengals coach Zac Taylor wouldn't rule out Joe Mixon (foot) missing the rest of the season.

NFL Network has since reported the Bengals don't think Mixon has a "major injury." That's hard to believe with Mixon missing the last month. Mixon was an early rule out again this week against Washington. Sidelined since October 21, it's going to be a stretch for Mixon to return in Week 12. The Bengals decision not to place Mixon on IR suggests they expect him back this year.

SOURCE: ESPN

Nov 21, 2020, 12:25 PM ET

4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

That's too much.

I think there is real risk Mixon isn't coming back. Has to be factored into the equation.

I'm also carrying Metcalf and Ridley, along with a bunch of 2nd tier WR's

This would tie up the Cincy backfield for the playoff run.

I'd rather have Gio/Mixon vs JuJu for the playoffs.

Edit: I've also got a similar offer out there for Swift.

Edited by Wrigley

Wow. Well finally. I guess once national reporters started looking into this story and not the Ben Baby’s of the world, this hack coach maybe started to re-evaluate what he was doing.

Of course what a clown show. I’m going to have to put all Bengals on my do not draft list going forward for as long as Sean McVay’s pool boy is the coach there. This injury shell game mystique is just foolish and horrible for fantasy roster management.

So he's been out 4 weeks and now he'll have to be out three additional weeks at least. Total of seven total weeks.

And this isn't a "major" injury?

Still want to trade for him, but as I said above, I have to think many Mixon owners are now borderline dropping him...especially if they have to win now to get into the playoffs (and can't wait for him to possibly come back).

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

So he's been out 4 weeks and now he'll have to be out three additional weeks at least. Total of seven total weeks.

And this isn't a "major" injury?

Still want to trade for him, but as I said above, I have to think many Mixon owners are now borderline dropping him...especially if they have to win now to get into the playoffs (and can't wait for him to possibly come back).

They're expecting this IR to last only 3 weeks and not beyond as per the new update.

2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

That's too much.

I think there is real risk Mixon isn't coming back. Has to be factored into the equation.

Now it’s too much 

still may try and pick him up, you know just in case 

51 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Now it’s too much 

still may try and pick him up, you know just in case 

Contemplating offering another injured RB for Mixon -- Gaskin. He could be back next week. 

Or Marquis Brown. Warm body who is overdue and with a good schedule coming up.

So if you pick up or hold Mixon maybe he can play in Week 14, if you can possibly roll the dice on him in your lineup, then in Week 15 he has a bad matchup vs. Pittsburgh. I'm bailing.

If they got dropped by someone, Gaskin or Mostert, who will return sooner (1 or 2 weeks) with likely ~15 touches per game, is worth way more right now.

On the bright side the Bengals trainers and coaching staff realized there’s a 10-11 week recovery timetable 7 weeks into the injury and that sure beats the AJ Green scenario last year.

Way to suck at your jobs slightly less this year guys.

58 minutes ago, Chicago Hooligan said:

So if you pick up or hold Mixon maybe he can play in Week 14, if you can possibly roll the dice on him in your lineup, then in Week 15 he has a bad matchup vs. Pittsburgh. I'm bailing.

If they got dropped by someone, Gaskin or Mostert, who will return sooner (1 or 2 weeks) with likely ~15 touches per game, is worth way more right now.

I’m bailing as well.  Not sure who I’m picking up but I need help now.   I don’t want to start Duke Johnson again.  

5 hours ago, Chicago Hooligan said:

I don’t disagree with your thinking here, but I would point out that week 16 Cincy draws one of the worst rush D’s in the league in Houston. So if you get to your title game and Mixon is back, you wouldn’t want to face him in the finals.

54 minutes ago, Smack Tripper said:

It will feel so good to cut this bum

He's hanging onto my biggest teams roster by a thread.  I actually traded for this fantasy disasterpiece weeks ago, the week he was taken out of the game with a "minor issue".   :wall:

I literally never got a single start out of him. (Uh, might be a blessing I reckon??? )  

The shark move is to snag TRAYVEON WILLIAMS  and slip him on the end of your bench, and I did exactly that in 2/4 leagues.  I have Gio in the league I own Mixon, and figured Williams was a good fit, because even though the Bengals seem pass happy, they don't have any issue giving Gio Bernard most ALL the run work (and a fair bit of passing work too).  I don't see any reason that would change if Bernard goes down. Literally who else is there?

I'm certainly not saying Williams is a season saver, but he looks like he will get a solid amount of run if Bernard gets hurt.  I want those guys on my benches, not my opponents.

QUICK EDIT - see the next post.      :excited:

TZM

Edited by TZMarkie

Lets just say after digging into this a bit more thoroughly, it looks like Samaje Perine might be the one to stash on your bench, not Williams.

From what it looked like, Williams was more used in the Pittsburgh blowout, and Perine was used more in "more usual game scenarios".

Carry on.

TZM

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Deamon said:

And now he's on IR.  What the heck is going on with this guy?!  So few updates on the severity of his injury.

My guess is the Bengals are paying for it with karma now, to even be more specific. 😉

They were trying to be coy and it screwed them. I think they wanted to rush him back and it didnt work. Thats my take. 

39 minutes ago, Smack Tripper said:

I think I'm actually gonna grab Booker, better O-line if something went sideways with jacobs

Good move, I picked him up in 2/4 last week just in case as well.

TZM

9 hours ago, TZMarkie said:

Lets just say after digging into this a bit more thoroughly, it looks like Samaje Perine might be the one to stash on your bench, not Williams.

From what it looked like, Williams was more used in the Pittsburgh blowout, and Perine was used more in "more usual game scenarios".

Carry on.

TZM

:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Well, with the loss of El Burro........... as a Mixon owner in my biggest league, I hope they come out and just state that Mixon is done for the season.

There is truly no need for him to play at this point. With 7 losses already and a massive downgrade at QB, what would be the reason to let Mixon come back for a meaningless week 15 or week 16 game?  Its now safely ???( I guess) a lost season, so I don't see any reason for them to even try and bring Mixon back.

Oh wait, this is the CINCINNATI BENGALS .      

I bet they won't say anything until about week 15-16, let Mixon clog my bench the whole time THEN finally admit "he can sit the rest of the season".

:wall:

TZM

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Any word on this guy?

I wouldn’t expect any updates out of the Bungles anytime soon. They fancy themselves the Kremlin guarding state secrets over there.

As a Mixon owner, my read on this situation is this: If this was even a somewhat competently run franchise, it already would have been determined Mixon is done for 2020. No reason to bring him back before, and now with Burrow gone, even more so. They just signed Mixon to big money, he is presumably the future of this franchise along with Burrow, so the smart move is to protect their investment and let him sit.

But... this is the Bungles. I’ve come to expect them to do the opposite of the logical and smart move. Because of this, I could easily see them deciding to bring Mixon back week 14 or 15 if he is ready, to play in these meaningless games. Given that CIN draws the embarrassing run defense of the Texans in week 16, I would hate to cut him loose and then have to face him in the finals. For that reason alone, I’m currently  holding until I really need the space or something truly compelling is available on the wire.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking Wednesday, coach Zac Taylor ruled Joe Mixon (foot, I.R.) out for Week 14 but said there's a "possibility" he plays again this season.

Taylor has always played injuries close to the vest, so him saying there's a "possibility" Mixon plays again this season doesn't carry a lot of weight. All of last season he spoke as if A.J. Green was just days away, until Green ended up missing the whole year. Mixon hasn't played since Week 6. It'll continue to be Giovani Bernard, Samaje Perine, and Trayveon Williams in the Bengals' backfield.

SOURCE: Ben Baby on Twitter

Dec 9, 2020, 1:54 PM ET

40 minutes ago, Max55 said:

Any reason to hold Mixon in redraft?

I can’t think of a reason. I can’t imagine he plays this year. 

Depends how big your bench/IR is. I have both him and Gio and want to dump one ASAP.  But if he does come back he is a starting RB, which is usually worth something.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Depends how big your bench/IR is. I have both him and Gio and want to dump one ASAP.  But if he does come back he is a starting RB, which is usually worth something.

It’s hard to imagine Mixon plays again this year.

2 minutes ago, Max55 said:

It’s hard to imagine Mixon plays again this year.

Which just sucks as we could have filled his spot 5-6 weeks ago.  The Bengals are so damn dumb when it comes to roster moves.

• Like 1