What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE (6 Viewers)

He will get claimed. The team claiming him will say "we're very concerned about the incident and will have a deep conversation with Hunt about our expectations for his behavior and what punishment is appropriate." Or some BS like that. Code for "he's a good cheap player and as long as no other video shows up we're good."

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos for cuttya guy 10 months after the incident only because the video surfaced? Nah. He should’ve cut him in February. Cutting him now seems like it’s more about public perception than doing it for the right reasons. 
Kareem lied about the original incident, and Clark Hunt trusted him. He was cut after the video emerged, and Clark Hunt realized Kareem had lied to him.

He will get claimed. The team claiming him will say "we're very concerned about the incident and will have a deep conversation with Hunt about our expectations for his behavior and what punishment is appropriate." Or some BS like that. Code for "he's a good cheap player and as long as no other video shows up we're good."
The timing of the second investigation report smells of the League Office doing their best to keep the player off a roster for the time being.  Not that they would ever do anything like that. 😶

I don't think he'll be claimed until next year at the earliest.

Ex-Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt passed through waivers unclaimed.

He is now technically free to sign with any team but will remain on the NFL's commissioner exempt list indefinitely, making Hunt ineligible to play until Roger Goodell clears him to come off of it. And that won't happen this year. It speaks to the Washington Redskins' lack of integrity that they claimed ex-49ers LB Reuben Foster off waivers after his latest domestic violence accusation, but not a single NFL team claimed Hunt. It also speaks to the power of video evidence; Hunt was caught on tape beating up a woman, while Foster never was.

its funny how this stuff leaks now that the league wants him to go away. Wonder who's leaking it.

Also, how can he be on the exempt list when hes not even on a team?  Does that mean he can just name anyone, including me to this list?

its funny how this stuff leaks now that the league wants him to go away. Wonder who's leaking it.

Also, how can he be on the exempt list when hes not even on a team?  Does that mean he can just name anyone, including me to this list?
Nice point.  I better watch my back now as being part of that list could really hurt my social work career.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12295/kareem-hunt

Bears leave door open to pursue Kareem Hunt

ESPN's Jeff Dickerson reports Bears GM Ryan Pace was "noncommittal" on the idea of pursuing free agent RB Kareem Hunt this offseason.

The Bears will be a rumored destination because of coach Matt Nagy's Chiefs connection. Pace did not exactly deny it at Monday's season-ending presser, while Nagy said he has spoken to Hunt by phone this month. "It’s an unfortunate situation (and) learning lesson for everybody," Nagy said. Currently being investigated for three separate off-the-field incidents, Hunt probably isn't going to generate any interest until the length of his suspension is known.

Jan 14 - 2:10 PM

Source: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter

When I first heard of the incident I expected to see something similiar to the Ray Rice situation.  Then after seeing the video, are you kidding me?

Sure sure sure, a man should never get violent with women, but what we saw there ......not much.  Certainly nothing to cost the guy his career.

Didn't Tyreek Hill punch a pregnant girlfriend, now nobody cares,

When I first heard of the incident I expected to see something similiar to the Ray Rice situation.  Then after seeing the video, are you kidding me?

Sure sure sure, a man should never get violent with women, but what we saw there ......not much.  Certainly nothing to cost the guy his career.

Didn't Tyreek Hill punch a pregnant girlfriend, now nobody cares,
2 questions:

1-What would have been an appropriate consequence/outcome?  

2-What amount of violence against a women is enough to cost a guy his career?

interesting. IMO KC made Hunt who he was. It wont be as good of a signing as Bears fans (or wherever he goes) will think. Hes certainly better than Howard. 
Well if you believe the bolded (I think Reid's system helps of course but also think he's a talent), the Bears would be a great landing spot since Nagy is a Reid disciple.

2 questions:

1-What would have been an appropriate consequence/outcome?  

2-What amount of violence against a women is enough to cost a guy his career?
With everyone so damn uptight today it pretty much had to go like it did

Then there's common sense, which is .....next time ya might not get in a guys face girl.

we have rehashed this a million times when it happened. This is the Kareem Hunt thread and while this was news a few months ago, can we now focus on upcoming prospects, news on suspension, teams interested in signing him, etc. 

"Don't read it" doesn't make sense in this thread. If it were a thread titled "Discuss the Kareem Hunt Suspension" then, sure, I'd avoid. But as a Hunt owner, I'm not going to avoid this thread. So I politely request that we cut it with rehashing that old news, please.

thanks

As a Bears fan, I'd be ok with a Hunt signing, obviously with a zero tolerance policy if he continues to make news off the field. I'm a very big believer in 2nd chances, and I think with some hoops to jump through(anger management, psych evals, etc.) he'd be worth a look.

Depends how long he's suspended for. Did we ever get any updates on the 2nd incident since the initial snowball effect happened? 
Sounds like he’s doing very well in anger management and the league is pleased and several teams are interested.  I suspect he will be reinstated sometime in 2019.

My guess is the way things are going he’s looking at a 6 game suspension. 

interesting. IMO KC made Hunt who he was. It wont be as good of a signing as Bears fans (or wherever he goes) will think. Hes certainly better than Howard. 
This.  KC was an amazing situation for him. 

He looked really, really good there. Now Damien Williams looks really really good there.... 

I'd take a chance on him, but expect a big downgrade.  Especially if he goes to Chicago where where passing down work has been claimed. 

This.  KC was an amazing situation for him. 

He looked really, really good there. Now Damien Williams looks really really good there.... 

I'd take a chance on him, but expect a big downgrade.  Especially if he goes to Chicago where where passing down work has been claimed. 
Just goes to show how important destination is for anyone. It's more opportunity than it is talent in the NFL it seems. Would Kareem Hunt be one of the best 5 young backs in the league if he weren't in KC? We might soon find out.

Quite a few people dogging on some of the rookies in this draft. If any of them went to KC they would immediately be the 1.1 pick in rookie drafts. If that same player went to the Dolphins I'd be much less interested.

Just goes to show how important destination is for anyone. It's more opportunity than it is talent in the NFL it seems. Would Kareem Hunt be one of the best 5 young backs in the league if he weren't in KC? We might soon find out.

Quite a few people dogging on some of the rookies in this draft. If any of them went to KC they would immediately be the 1.1 pick in rookie drafts. If that same player went to the Dolphins I'd be much less interested.
That's what I was saying when we were talking about Jacobs. 

I never had him as a top 5 young RB but more or less hovering in the 10'ish range.

I do think situation matters. You mention Miami but not sure what their offense will look like under a new regime yet but a place like Buffalo would be cause for a downgrade. But if he ended up on the Bears, I'd value him just about as much as I did when he was a Chief, I'm talking about retaining 90-95% of his value. In other words I don't think KC made him, I have total confidence in his ability.

Yes.  I don’t understand how you’ve watched Hunt run for a season and a half and you just can’t get past your position that he’s JAG.  

Yes.  I don’t understand how you’ve watched Hunt run for a season and a half and you just can’t get past your position that he’s JAG.  
I never said he is JAG. If you can find that direct quote within the last 6 months, I will admit to being dead wrong. He was one of the top backs in the league when he was with KC. All I am saying is that he isn;'t going to pick right up where he left off with his next team.

If Hunt goes to Miami is he a 1st round redraft pick next year?

Couple of things...

1) I’ll be interested to see if KC is one of those teams...

2) I think it’d be a bad look for the NFL if Hunt winds up signing a deal where he broke the the bank.

Couple of things...

1) I’ll be interested to see if KC is one of those teams...

2) I think it’d be a bad look for the NFL if Hunt winds up signing a deal where he broke the the bank.
I can’t see 1 or 2 happening. Hunt was still on his rookie contract and now has a sever strike against him two factors that are sure to come up in negotiations.

it seems obvious to me that KC is not going to bring him back - but maybe I’m off base.

yes, sets a bad precedent if he breaks bank. But that's on his new team, not really the NFL
But you seem to understand right off the bat that let’s say he signs a 4 year $40M deal...and they’ll be some up front money likely close to $15-20M.  I suspect he wasn’t going to earn more than $2M in 2019-2020.

Fact is, the NFL is the team(s)...

I never said he is JAG. If you can find that direct quote within the last 6 months, I will admit to being dead wrong. He was one of the top backs in the league when he was with KC. All I am saying is that he isn;'t going to pick right up where he left off with his next team.

Not miami.....chicago or philly

You’ve averred to as much if you haven’t said it verbatim.  I never quoted you or stated you said those exact words.  I wish you’d be a bit more practical in discussing and not so defensive.  But that’s pretty much the amalgam of your position as stated in multiple posts.  And you repeat that position above by saying his performance is based upon his environment and not upon his talent.  I disagree and I believe his tape to date supports me.

Sounds like he’s doing very well in anger management and the league is pleased and several teams are interested.  I suspect he will be reinstated sometime in 2019.

My guess is the way things are going he’s looking at a 6 game suspension. 
Why 6 the max for hitting the women is 4 no? Also Ive heard nothing about the other event since it happened? Are we sure thats over with? I could see another 4 games if not more added by Goodell to make himself look good and the league and NFLPA will get into it. Apparently and correct me if I'm wrong the NFLPA would not defend Hunt when KC even released him either

Users who are viewing this thread