What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (2 Viewers)

Hawkeye fan here as well. Another thing is that he was a body catcher coming out and that resulted in several dropped balls last season. He has been working really hard to catch the ball away from his body during the offseason. I read somewhere recently that he has been down in Nashville working with C.J. Beathard and Trent Taylor. Also the TE coach put in a fine this offseason for the TE's when they didn't catch the ball away from their body. 
I drafted kittle in all my leagues in rds 4-7. I moved him in one league for 2.05 (Gallup) and one league at the deadline last year for Tyler Lockett. I still have some kittle stock but had to take the roi in case the jimmy g hype is unwarranted. I think the fact the garrappolo came from NE and gronk is in NE that it somehow translates and is helping his value. We’ll see if I win on any of those trades or regret it. 

I knew last year with the te class being so deep that there was talent later in the draft, and kittle checks a lot of boxes except wasn’t called on much to be a receiver at Iowa. He went to a place with an opportunity. This year the te class isn’t so deep, but rb is, and there are a couple guys in this same vein that I could see having a similar roi this year.

Wilkins in Indy- if Mack falters, he could be next up. Hines will have a role but isn’t built for major workload.

justin Jackson, LAC- the knock on him is he got a lot of yards vs big 10 defenses and carried his team. I know there are some eckeler fans out there but Jackson could end up the backup with eckeler as COP. 

Bo Scarborough, Dallas- I’m not sure who the backup is right now, which means Bo could have a shot. Zeke gets a lot of use, not out of the question he gets knicked up and misses time.

Sorry got a little off topic...

justin Jackson, LAC- the knock on him is he got a lot of yards vs big 10 defenses and carried his team.

Yeah, way off topic and I’m not sure why you added the 3 players, but this item jumped off the page for me.

Do you think getting yds against Big 10 Ds is a knock?  4 of the top 9 Ds in the country, both in total D and rush D, were Big 10 teams.  One third of the top 18 rush Ds in the country came from the  Big 10.  

That’s quite an interesting opinion you put out there.

Yeah, way off topic and I’m not sure why you added the 3 players, but this item jumped off the page for me.

Do you think getting yds against Big 10 Ds is a knock?  4 of the top 9 Ds in the country, both in total D and rush D, were Big 10 teams.  One third of the top 18 rush Ds in the country came from the  Big 10.  

That’s quite an interesting opinion you put out there.
It was sarcasm. He had “too much” production. 4 years or 1k+ yards. Those rbs in particular are 3-5 rd dynasty picks or ww pickups and could easily be flipped in the right situation for much more of it plays out right. I don’t really buy the “too much mileage” arguement against rbs. 

Juggernaut Index, No. 17: Jimmy Garoppolo, Niners can be fantasy gold

Excerpt:

George Kittle is gonna finish as a top-10 fantasy tight end

It doesn’t feel like a particularly bold prediction to forecast TE1 status for Kittle, a promising player entering his second season. Kittle actually led all rookies at his position in red-zone targets last year (16), so his scoring upside is clear enough. He closed the season well with Garoppolo at the controls, totaling 194 yards over his final three games. Again, if we’re right about Jimmy G’s talent and potential, then pretty much all of his primary receiving options are draft day steals. Kittle is no exception (ADP 119.9, TE12). If you can’t land one of the top-tier tight ends (or choose not to), take the Kittle discount. He and Garrett Celek finished with similar snap totals last season (592 vs. 560), but Garoppolo obviously developed a level of trust in the rookie. Expect a second-year surge.

George Kittle - TE -  49ers

George Kittle exited the 49ers' preseason opener with a shoulder injury.

The extent is unknown, but he's been ruled out for the rest of the game. Kittle came down hard on his shoulder while attempting a catch downfield and immediately walked over to the medical tent. A popular sleeper pick in drafts so far this season, Kittle is one of the few being drafted in the 10th-round or later that projects as an every-down tight end.

Related: 49ers

Source: Cam Inman on Twitter 

Aug 9 - 10:39 PM

Anyone want to talk about Kittle a tad more? I'm just curious if people think if he belongs athletically with the guys grouped around him - Ertz, Cook, Kelce, say even Ebron? That's where he is right now and in a standard 0.5 ppr league he has the 2nd highest single game total for a TE after Kelce. I'm just wondering if with Beathard this could become an Al Smith / Vern Davis type situation.

eta - Player spotlight for future reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
after losing D Walker he is my starting TE ROS, and I am fine with it

outside of the top 3, he has just as good a chance as any to finish weekly top 5

82 yard touchdown reception by George Kittle marked the longest score by a tight end in franchise history. ...

218 yards after catch for Kittle through four weeks of the season. His 218 yards are third-most in the league behind Alvin Kamara of the New Orleans Saints and Saquon Barkley of the New York Giants.
Beathard is going to lean on him. I think people thought his value would die with Garoppolo done. It might actually go up.

Kittle has caught 18-of-28 targets for 316 yards and one touchdown through four games, ranking second among all NFL tight ends in total yards and fourth in yards per reception (17.6). The former Iowa product currently leads all qualifying tight ends in overall grade (90.0) and receiving grade (90.7), as his five forced missed tackles (second), and 13 first-down receptions (fourth) have pushed him atop the league through Week 4.

Kittle rebounded after a costly drop in the 49ers’ Week 1 loss to the Minnesota Vikings, as he’s caught all 18 of his catchable targets since letting the ball hit the turf on a would-be touchdown pass from Garoppolo. His sure-handedness after the season opener has helped him become one of the most efficient tight ends in the NFL, as he ranks second among league tight ends with 10-plus targets in yards per route run (2.87). Only Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ O.J. Howard(2.88) ranks ahead of him, and Kittle has run 33 more routes than Howard.

If he maintains similar efficiency through the end of the 2018 season, Kittle will finish the season with 1,263 receiving yards, which would be a franchise record for receiving yards by a tight end for San Francisco.

I’m happy to have my concerns alleviated so far.  I’ll admit as a Kittle owner and long time proponent that I was extremely worried.

Beathard was responsible for Kittle’s draft stock dropping to the 5th round after being considered one of the premium TE candidates heading into his senior year.  Beathard just wouldn’t throw him the football that year despite his talent (Kittle actually returned some kicks too).  Beathard seemed to always want to throw deep - and his QB effectiveness suffered as a consequence (as well as his own draft stock).   I don’t know if it was the coaching that caused it in 2016, but both guys really suffered after Beathard dropped significantly statistically from his junior year and Kittle never saw his productivity increase.

I started getting offers in dynasty last week.  Another good performance this week. Curious what it would take to sell him right now. 

I've got a few offers as well. I dont think his value has matched his production yet from what I've recieved. I'm holding and trying to move Jimmy Graham instead(dynasty)

He has 23/399/1 through 5 games. That's place for 74 catches, 1277 yards and 3 touchdowns, or an average of about 5 catches and 80 yards a game. 

He had 5 catches and 83 yards this week.  

Finally got around to watching some highlights from the past couple of weeks. This guy is FAST for a TE, I was surprised to say the least. Hope he's healthy for Monday night.

Kittle listed as questionable for MNF with limited practice all week.

Haven’t heard anything that he’ll miss the game and could be a high target game for him. 

Still it’s a risk - are owners just banking on him playing or going with a healthy option?

Kittle listed as questionable for MNF with limited practice all week.

Haven’t heard anything that he’ll miss the game and could be a high target game for him. 

Still it’s a risk - are owners just banking on him playing or going with a healthy option?

I rostered Celek also.  I’m a believer in backing up my studs.  I’m thinking Kittle will start but at least I have a fallback just in case.

I rostered Celek also.  I’m a believer in backing up my studs.  I’m thinking Kittle will start but at least I have a fallback just in case.
Good call on Celek, although not sure he can do what Kittle can.

Have to decide between Kittle and Olsen, so hopefully will be some info tomorrow morning before the early games start.

Good call on Celek, although not sure he can do what Kittle can.

Have to decide between Kittle and Olsen, so hopefully will be some info tomorrow morning before the early games start.

SF is running thin on WRs.  Their TEs could be in for some work in a game where they figure to have to throw to keep up.

Just my thoughts.

George Kittle - TE -  49ers

George Kittle (knee) is questionable for Week 6 against the Packers.

Kittle is expected to play after a limited week of practice. With the 49ers down Trent Taylor and Pierre Garcon at less than 100 percent, Kittle is going to see a high target share in a game the 49ers should be playing from behind.

Oct 13 - 5:01 PM

NBC Bay Area's Matt Maiocco believes the promotion of TE Ross Dwelley from the practice squad suggests George Kittle (knee) may be inactive Monday night against the Packers.

Maiocco is simply reading the tea leaves. But it makes sense. Either that or the Niners are just protecting themselves in case Kittle proves in pregame warmups that he's not going to be able to play. Kittle got in a week of limited practices, suggesting he should be able to gut it out. Inactives for this one should be out around 6:45 PM ET. Kittle owners may need a backup plan.

Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter 

Oct 15 - 5:00 PM

If you are like me and got Kittle in your lineup with no protection if he's out I got some potentially good news to add to that last post.

Shefter is saying he is expected to play. Breida as well for that matter(that guy won't go down).

The other good news was two 49'er beat writers, including Maiocco who Rotoworld used for the update Faust posted, tweeted in last hour that it's Cole Wick who looks inactive and that's why they promoted a TE.

At this point it looks like Kittle is going to be active.

If you are like me and got Kittle in your lineup with no protection if he's out I got some potentially good news to add to that last post.

Shefter is saying he is expected to play. Breida as well for that matter(that guy won't go down).

The other good news was two 49'er beat writers, including Maiocco who Rotoworld used for the update Faust posted, tweeted in last hour that it's Cole Wick who looks inactive and that's why they promoted a TE.

At this point it looks like Kittle is going to be active.
Great news! Thanks meno 

Random league but I’m going with Beathard in a 4 pp TD league. I’d feel pretty rotten if all of Breida, Kittle & Taylor we’re out. The news that perhaps 2 will play is encouraging. I do enjoy seeing Kittle play, and it’s been awesome seeing him pan out as a pick and buy in 2 different leagues. It would be great if the 9ers make a game of it tonight.

Any Kittle owners nervous about CJB potentially sitting tomorrow? I actually have OJ Howard available, though I was keeping him as insurance at my flex in case Tyreek sits (which fortunately is looking less likely as of now).

I'm leaning toward starting Kittle regardless. He's performed all year regardless of QB play, and I could definitely see an inexperienced QB relying on him over the WRs.

Users who are viewing this thread