What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Baker Mayfield, TB (1 Viewer)

JuniorNB said:
You think three TDs and three Ints is a good QB performance?  Turnovers are the worst thing a quarterback can do. 
see Bronco Billy’s reply. 

he  articulated the response to this tired argument very well.  

and for the record, in context of a rookie QB against what the Baltimore defense accomplished this year, yeah. i do consider that an outstanding performance.  

Barkley is a generational talent who entered the league and immediately became the best running back. And did it behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league.  Mayfield was a top 15 QB.  This one wasn't even a race. Come on. 
Next level :fishing: right here fellas.

and for the record, in context of a rookie QB against what the Baltimore defense accomplished this year, yeah. i do consider that an outstanding performance.  
Yep.

I don't know if that was Baker's best game. But all things considered that game was a very good sign of what we can expect from him. He will make mistakes, most QBs do. But he'll also make plays that will eventually win key games for Cleveland. 

Yep.

I don't know if that was Baker's best game. But all things considered that game was a very good sign of what we can expect from him. He will make mistakes, most QBs do. But he'll also make plays that will eventually win key games for Cleveland. 
And it wasnt his best game, which would say a lot... if you haven't spent the last month and a half grinding your axe in here anyway. 

I was already sold, but the progress he displayed in his three tough road games makes that sell job that much stronger. 

Is it too late to petition the league to change the schedule so we get a Browns-Chiefs matchup this season?
Unless the Chiefs and Browns finish in the same position within their respective divisions in 2019, meaning they would play in 2020, the next time Chiefs and Browns play is 2021.

They'll be playing each other virtually every year going forward. Both have the best QB in the division by miles. With competent coaching, they win the division 

HOW WOULD THE LAST THREE QB CLASSES HAVE GRADED OUT AGAINST EACH OTHER?

HOW WOULD THE LAST THREE QB CLASSES HAVE GRADED OUT AGAINST EACH OTHER?

...compare this year’s class vs. the previous two, to see how the quarterbacks of 2017, 2018 and 2019 would have stacked up against each other.

A couple notes before we get into it: First, the 2018 class was really held above the others from a perception standpoint. The 2017 group was seen as full of risk, and this year was thought to be a down year for quarterbacks. Second, what we’re trying to ascertain isn’t where these players are now, but where they were in scouts’ minds when they were coming out.

With that established, I sent out texts late Friday asking scouts and coaches who’d evaluated quarterbacks each of those years to rank their top five QBs over the last three drafts, based on where they had them graded coming out of college. I then took each of those lists and awarded points: five for a first-place vote, four for a second-place vote, and so on.

We got 11 ballots back, from 11 different teams. The results:

1T: Baker Mayfield, Browns 2017, 35 points (4 first-place votes)
1T: Sam Darnold, Jets 2017, 35 points (4 first-place votes)
3: Deshaun Watson, Texans 2016, 33 points (1 first-place vote)
4: Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs 2016, 26.5 points (1 first-place vote)
5: Kyler Murray, Cardinals 2019, 18 points (1 first-place vote)
6: Josh Rosen, Cardinals 2018, 8.5 points
7: Mitch Trubisky, Bears 2017, 6 points
8: Daniel Jones, Giants 2019, 2 points
9: Dwayne Haskins, Redskins 2019, 1 point

Some more on the vote …

Mayfield was the only quarterback to show up on every ballot. 

It is completely different.

----------------------------------------------------

George Chahrouri‏ @PFF_George

OBJ saw an accurate pass (on-frame or in-stride) on 50% of his targets last year, last among WRs.

• Baker was 4th in accurate throw rate week 9 on (Brady, Brees, Mahomes)
7:39 PM - 12 Mar 2019

Bronco Billy said:
Kind of refreshing to me to see a leader like Mayfield much more worried about his team and dealing with who is interested in moving it forward rather than toeing the NFLPA line.
it is. Mayfield really speaks his mind. 

also, as someone said on the radio the other day:  “Why do we keep talking about the third string running back?”

it is. Mayfield really speaks his mind. 

also, as someone said on the radio the other day:  “Why do we keep talking about the third string running back?”
I don't consider Duke the 3rd string RB. He's more of a gadget guy. Sproles role esque. Slot, 2nd RB on the field. He's just a playmaker. And with the Hunt suspension they not only need him, but he has a chance to tell Hunt to stay in the bench if he makes the most of his chances. So I don't get this at all. Play ball, Duke. 

I don't consider Duke the 3rd string RB. He's more of a gadget guy. Sproles role esque. Slot, 2nd RB on the field. He's just a playmaker. And with the Hunt suspension they not only need him, but he has a chance to tell Hunt to stay in the bench if he makes the most of his chances. So I don't get this at all. Play ball, Duke. 
I understand where he is coming from. I'm not saying he is right or I'd do the same but I understand it. I think he's looking long term. Yes there is an 8 game suspension. But over the long term he can see that Kareem Hunt is going to take that role, be it this year or next year. He may be right, he may be wrong but I bet he's got some of those thoughts. Instead of betting on himself, he wants this resolved sooner rather than later. I think some forget these are people. He may not want to move him and his family that halfway through the season or be away from them for too long if he gets traded in season.

i agree he needs to shut up and play ball. 

Bronco Billy said:
Kind of refreshing to me to see a leader like Mayfield much more worried about his team and dealing with who is interested in moving it forward rather than toeing the NFLPA line.
Agreed. Mayfield's personality might be the best thing about him. 

Faust said:
Trust your eyes': How the Browns became sold on Baker Mayfield
Thought that article was a lil-dated.

It is from last year right after the draft.

--------------------------------------------------------

May 4, 2018

Pat McManamon ESPN Staff Writer

...The importance of the pick cannot be minimized. If it works

...Browns coach Hue Jackson

Browns are not gonna Browns this year. Should be a fun team to watch. Good D, great weapons. 

Division champs? I’m not crazy.

Tide seems to be cooling on Mayfield fantasy wise as of late.  Not really sure why.  

By cooling not as much talk about him or as much talk about him breaking into the upper tier.  Seeing guys putting Kyler Murray in the same general area which I think is absurd.  Dodds has his ypa lower than I would expect and regressing from last year.  One would think the addition of OBJ would increase that.

Tide seems to be cooling on Mayfield fantasy wise as of late.  Not really sure why.  

By cooling not as much talk about him or as much talk about him breaking into the upper tier.  Seeing guys putting Kyler Murray in the same general area which I think is absurd.  Dodds has his ypa lower than I would expect and regressing from last year.  One would think the addition of OBJ would increase that.
I wonder if some of it is because of the schedule.  Their first two months are brutal - 5 road games out of 8, have to play both Super Bowl teams, at NE, at Denver (still a really good D), Seattle.  

I wonder if some of it is because of the schedule.  Their first two months are brutal - 5 road games out of 8, have to play both Super Bowl teams, at NE, at Denver (still a really good D), Seattle.  
I thought that about mahommes last year. I was very wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread