What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump is Unfit? (1 Viewer)

True.

But irrelevant.

He went to the church to take a picture, make a speech, pander to his base, and generally create a distraction.
Disagree.  He urged law and order, including justice for Floyd.  Just another example that the left will complain about anything he does.

This is literally happening because the police chocked a man to death in broad daylight...your optimism on the tear gassing is strange
We had several police officers shot at riots yesterday.  Police needs to seize control and keep the public safe from these thugs.

He didn't go to the church only to take a picture.
While will have to agree to disagree on that one, in classic Trump fashion he certainly didn’t miss the opportunity though did he? If what he really cared about was the opportunity to go there the photo op is completely pointless. His presence there is all the photo op one needs.  

By standing there posing and being sure the world sees he’s holding a Bible (even going so far as holding it up so people can even more clearly see it) blatantly shows his reasoning for being there.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Showing respect for the church
Again...how then do you explain not actually talking to people who work at the church?  How do you explain expelling them from their own patio?  Pushing them back with police forces and tear gas affecting them (as many of them attended to people with medical needs).

In what way did what he did show respect for the church...if anything, he quite clearly showed zero respect for the church, the teachings of the church, or the people who serve the church.

While will have to agree to disagree on that one, in classic Trump fashion he certainly didn’t miss the opportunity though did he? If what he really cared about was the speech and the opportunity to go there the photo op is completely pointless. His presence there and his speech are all the photo op one needs.  

By standing there posing and being sure the world sees he’s holding a Bible (even going so far as holding it up so people can even more clearly see it) blatantly shows his reasoning for being there.  
While my opinion is in the minority in this thread I suspect it is in the majority in the real world.

Again...how then do you explain not actually talking to people who work at the church?  How do you explain expelling them from their own patio?  Pushing them back with police forces and tear gas affecting them (as many of them attended to people with medical needs).

In what way did what he did show respect for the church...if anything, he quite clearly showed zero respect for the church, the teachings of the church, or the people who serve the church.
Same way visiting natural disaster is showing respect.

If you are afraid of the police then I do not know what to tell you.
There are numerous videos of the police targeting legitimate protestors and bystanders as well as members of the press with some incidents resulting in severe injuries to those targeted.  There are bad hombres on both sides of this and these protests are about weeding out individual cops and changing cultures of policing in general. The masks are off and we can see how truly bad the situation is in some areas.

I don't believe that is the same.

A.  When they visit, they inform the people they are coming, the governors and so on.  They don't forcibly remove people from the path as well as the property.

B.  Once again, you ignore that they removed staff from the property and that the church, despite your claim, did not burn down. 

If you are afraid of the police then I do not know what to tell you.
There are a great number of African Americans who are very much afraid of the police...given how the police have treated people like them...including the murder of George Floyd.

because this forum is EXTREMELY liberal
It really isn't...also, why do you believe your opinion of this is in the majority overall?  That does not seem to be supported by much of anything at all..including people I know who support Trump who were unhappy with his actions the past few days and the photo op.

because this forum is EXTREMELY liberal
No I’d say extremely anti-trump yes,  liberal no.  But regardless so are you saying the majority of the “real world” is pro Trump or conservative. Since you’re saying you’re in the majority in the “real world”

When presidents visit national disaster areas, they don't simply "go" there to show respect; they go there to comfort victims, to meet with first responders, to assess damage, and to promise financial aid.

Did Trump do any of those things when he went to the church?

If not, why bother trying to make the comparison?

Don't Noonan said:
Get It.......At Porky's said:
Don't dodge the question.  Are you proud that he dispersed peaceful protestors - people he claimed to stand with during that speech just moments before - with tear gas and flash grenades so he could cross the street for that photo op at the church?  Yes or no.
He did no such thing.
I am genuinely confused here. I can't tell what you disagreed with. You came out pretty strong saying that he did no such thing. 

Were you saying

he didnt disperse protesters

The protesters who were dispersed weren't peaceful

he didn't claim to stand with them

they didnt use tear gas

they didn't use flash grenades

He didnt personally use tear gas or flash grenades, it was the secret service 

he didn't cross the street

he didn't go to the church

it wasn't a photo op

He went out for another reason besides the photo op

You made a definitive statement that he did no such thing before reviewing the evidence and have changed your mind

Protesters would not move out of the way as they were instructed.  Safety of our President takes priority.
Yup, just like our forefathers discussed when drafting our constitution:  "The comfort and safety of one man is far more important and takes greater priority over the comfort and safety of masses of men".

I think Jefferson wrote that in the footnotes.

Floyd had every right to be afraid of the police. Unfortunately it was also was proven true
Look, you can't stop the bad seeds.  Unfortunately their are going to be bad cops but almost all are here to serve the public.  For the same reason you can't hate on Muslims just because a small minority are terrorists.  

No I’d say extremely anti-trump yes,  liberal no.  But regardless so are you saying the majority of the “real world” is pro Trump or conservative. Since you’re saying you’re in the majority in the “real world”
This is the new take on everything right now...if you disagree with Trump you are a liberal.  I know a lot of conservatives (as do most others) who are not for Trump..

Trump is an entirely different thing

Look, you can't stop the bad deeds.  Unfortunately their are going to be bad cops but almost all are here to serve the public.  For the same reason you can't hate on Muslims just because a small minority are terrorists.  
Except we have done a million things to protect us from terrorists.  We can't even get the police to keep their body cams on

Look, you can't stop the bad deeds.  Unfortunately their are going to be bad cops but almost all are here to serve the public.  For the same reason you can't hate on Muslims just because a small minority are terrorists.  
I completely agree the overwhelming majority of cops, or Muslims in your example, are good people.  But you also can’t deny if you’re a part of a specific part of our society fear of the cops is justified. And this has been played out time and time again.

Don’t we hear often from people that they wished the good Muslims would speak up?  And that if they dint...thats too bad?  Does the same not apply here?  And it goes beyond a few bad coos.  It goes higher to a system that has been protecting those bad cops for years.  

When a leader visits the location of a natural disaster, they acknowledge and recognize the destruction, they talk to the people affected, they spend time there trying to understand the impact. Trump did  none of those things. 
Untrue. Trump did all of those things.

This is the new take on everything right now...if you disagree with Trump you are a liberal.  I know a lot of conservatives (as do most others) who are not for Trump..

Trump is an entirely different thing
Agreed, but It’s not new, it’s been going on for about 3.5 years.  

We can implement policies that will mitigate and ultimately reduce the instances of bad deeds. And when I say “we” I’m referring in large part to mayors, governors and state legislators, many of which are Democrats. 

I completely agree the overwhelming majority of cops, or Muslims in your example, are good people.  But you also can’t deny if you’re a part of a specific part of our society fear of the cops is justified. And this has been played out time and time again.
My point is you can never truly stop these type of events. There are always going to be very bad people including this horrible officer.  Increased training will help so that the other officers on scene could have stepped in and stopped him.  However, this will happen again for sure unfortunately and violent protests and looting helps nobody.

My point is you can never truly stop these type of events. There are always going to be very bad people including this horrible officer.  Increased training will help so that the other officers on scene could have stepped in and stopped him.  However, this will happen again for sure unfortunately and violent protests and looting helps nobody.
While I don’t disagree with anything you typed here it has nothing to do with the point of justified fear. Your original statement was “if you’re afraid of the police I don’t know what to tell you”. That shows a massive Blindspot in my opinion and there are lots of people out there who’s fear is extraordinarily justified. Now I completely agree violent protest help nothing here, at all, and I am in no way shape or form advocating for it. But your fear statement in my opinion shows a massive disconnect.  

When Trump stood in front of the church to pose for photos, did he

1) say anything to acknowledge and recognize the damage to the church?

2) speak with the clergy and staff of the church who were affected by the damage?

3) spend time there at the church trying to understand the impact and extent of the damage?

While I don’t disagree with anything you typed here it has nothing to do with the point of justified fear. Your original statement was “if you’re afraid of the police I don’t know what to tell you”. That shows a massive Blindspot in my opinion and there are lots of people out there who’s fear is extraordinarily justified. Now I completely agree violent protest help nothing here, at all, and I am in no way shape or form advocating for it. But your fear statement in my opinion shows a massive disconnect.  
I would argue police have much more reason to be fearful as they are risking their lives every day.  

Because we can’t eliminate criminal police brutality entirely doesn’t mean we should not make efforts to reduce its occurrence. 

Users who are viewing this thread